PDA

View Full Version : feedback on HEAD SPEED PRO II shoes?

crism54
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
there are any feedback and exact weight for this model of shoes? seem attractive, soft, low, ... lighter of old model...

jk175d
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
there are any feedback and exact weight for this model of shoes? seem attractive, soft, low, ... lighter of old model...

you mean the Speed Pro Light? Just noticed those today. Head shoes have been great for me. This is the first of their pro shoes that has a different outsole. In the past the Radical, Prestige, and Speed Pro all had the same out sole, and the Speed Pro had the stiffest uppers of the three. I too am intrigued. only 14.5 oz!

I guess I would feel safe buying myelf simply because of my good history with the brand.

crism54
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
yes, in US are called speed pro lite, seem very similar to breathe 2k11.
can you tell to us some feedback ?

jk175d
03-08-2012, 05:40 AM
yes, in US are called speed pro lite, seem very similar to breathe 2k11.
can you tell to us some feedback ?

I've only seen them on TW so can't say anymore than I have. The description says they run wide. I'd like to hear feedback too.

jk175d
03-13-2012, 05:45 AM
so has anyone tried these out yet?

jk175d
03-14-2012, 03:36 PM
so has anyone tried these out yet?

I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this thread. Got a pair coming tomorrow.

jk175d
03-16-2012, 06:33 AM
got my pair of these last night from TW just in time for a match.

Anyone familiar with Head shoes knows they are super comfortable right out of the box. These are no different. I noticed the lighter weight as soon as I picked them up, and up my feet as well. It does seem some of the weight reduction came from the padding in the uppers. But the Speed Pro line was always a little stiffer and less padded than the Prestige and Radical lines. But I was on the court for more than 4 hours last night and my feet still felt great after so no problem there.

These are also a little wider in the toe box than the other Head shoes. I just snugged up the laces and it fetl fine.

The outsole has a different pattern but I think it's the same material so I'll assume like other head shoes it will be great while it lasts but I know I'll blow through it in about 2 months (playing hardcourts 5 days a week however).

There is a slight lower to the ground feeling I guess but nothing too severely different.

Overall, I'm happy with these shoes as I always have been with Head shoes.

jk175d
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
anyone else using this shoe? It's been great for me. Holding up really well. It feels like the outsole is not wearing out as fast as previous head shoes. I know the outsole pattern is different but it looks from the description like it is the same composition as before. I'm curious to know what other longtime Head Shoe users might think.

TW Staff
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Tennis Warehouse is currently playtesting the Head Speed Pro Lite. Look for the video to be up in a week or two with the written to folllow!

Brittany, TW

bigmalik76
04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
I am currently on my second pair of Speed Pro's and soon be third (after durability guarantee). I am interested in this shoe but wanted to see if you have worn the Speed Pro's before this and if you have maybe a bit more detailed information on the specific differences between the two pairs. Especially when it comes to cushioning in the forefoot. The heel cushioning looks to be the same using the Vi-Pod technology.

jk175d
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I am currently on my second pair of Speed Pro's and soon be third (after durability guarantee). I am interested in this shoe but wanted to see if you have worn the Speed Pro's before this and if you have maybe a bit more detailed information on the specific differences between the two pairs. Especially when it comes to cushioning in the forefoot. The heel cushioning looks to be the same using the Vi-Pod technology.

I had one pair of the Speed Pros. I usually wore Prestige series, but once Head sent me the Speed Pro as a replacement for the outsole guarantee. I foud the original Speed Pro to be the least cushiony in the uppers of the 3 Head lines. It was also the stiffest. I still like the shoe but not as much as the Prestige. But the new version, while also very light in upper cushion, is more comfortable, partly because it is a little roomier in the forefoot. I've been really enjoying this shoe and as I said, the outsole seems to be wearing down slower.

JGads
04-12-2012, 02:34 PM
How's the cushioning/comfort on these bad boys? Any comparison to an Asics Gel Resolution 4? I'm intrigued by the really wide fit TW states, as I'm a wide footer constantly struggling to find adequately wide shoes. Love my GR4s but these caught my eye.

jk175d
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
How's the cushioning/comfort on these bad boys? Any comparison to an Asics Gel Resolution 4? I'm intrigued by the really wide fit TW states, as I'm a wide footer constantly struggling to find adequately wide shoes. Love my GR4s but these caught my eye.

I haven't worn any Gel Resolutions since the 2's. But in general, Head shoes are as comfortable out of the box as any. The Speed Pros as I mentioned are the least cushioned in the uppers of the head shoes (that's why they're so light) but they are still comfy. In particular they are still plush around the heal. I require a wide shoe too and these have worked out great in that regard.

bigmalik76
04-15-2012, 01:01 AM
I had one pair of the Speed Pros. I usually wore Prestige series, but once Head sent me the Speed Pro as a replacement for the outsole guarantee. I foud the original Speed Pro to be the least cushiony in the uppers of the 3 Head lines. It was also the stiffest. I still like the shoe but not as much as the Prestige. But the new version, while also very light in upper cushion, is more comfortable, partly because it is a little roomier in the forefoot. I've been really enjoying this shoe and as I said, the outsole seems to be wearing down slower.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't care about the cushion in the upper that much. I like the upper to be very supportive and stiff. My main concern is the Sole. And it seems that the cushioning of the sole is still great. Looks like I will get these ones next.