PDA

View Full Version : Tennis pants...any suggestions?

FootFaultMyeye
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
A little chilly during winter warm ups on the court. Any suggestions for some tennis pants? I wore my old sweatpants to a match yesterday. After 15 minutes of hitting I stripped down to my shorts underneath, struggling to get the sweatpants over my Barricades. It was almost comical.

What do most people buy for a quick warm-up before going down to shorts?

Thanks.

himynameisNIKE
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
you need to get the ones with the zippys on the lower part of the pants, that way they fit over the shoe when you take them off.

kimguroo
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
A little chilly during winter warm ups on the court. Any suggestions for some tennis pants? I wore my old sweatpants to a match yesterday. After 15 minutes of hitting I stripped down to my shorts underneath, struggling to get the sweatpants over my Barricades. It was almost comical.

Thanks.

Why don't you get basketball pants?
I think it's called basketball tear away warm up pants.
When you watch basketball, players ripped the pants before they come in to the court.

chrisberchris
03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I just went to Ross and bought a pair of Nike tennis pants that have the zipper at the bottom for the shoes. I'd look at discount clothing stores like that

jrxl
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Thanks.

I would second the votes to get some warmup pants with the side zips, they work pretty well. But if you are like me and don't like the loose fitting cuff flopping around while chasing after balls, just take an old pair of sweat pants and cut them down at about the calf. This solves the problems of flappy cuffs, and taking them on/off with shoes on. But it does not solve the problem of general dorkyness. Cant have everything.

Bobby Jr
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
When I'm lounging in my Villa in Milan I wear these...they are great for bulk shoe removal and don't collect clay dust..
:lol:... nicely played sir.

Carolina Racquet
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I've found the warm-up pants (not tights) made for runners work best.

They have zippers for the ankles and they taper down toward the ankles so it doesn't feel like "bell bottoms" when you're playing.

http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTSA-9698925dt.jpg

NickTran
03-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Adidas soccer pants like the Adidas Tiro work great! They taper down towards the bottom so your pants never snatch the bottom of your shoe while running, and they have a pretty long zipper at the bottom half so you can just unzip and undress!:wink:

topsltennis
03-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Never ceases to amaze me what people seek help with on this site-

brownbearfalling
03-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Personally, I like bagging sweat pants which fit over my shoes. I like the cotton sweat pants because they are comfortable and warm. The only downside is that they are a little bigger and heavier to carry around when I put them in my tennis bag.

If you want lighter, I would recommend either Nike or Adidas tennis specific or even soccer pants. Both tennis and soccer pants have the zips that that allow you to get them off without taking off your shoes.
Get tennis ones if you like them baggy.
Get soccer ones if you like a tighter fit, especially around the ankle and shin area.

*breaksracquet
03-15-2012, 03:24 AM
I picked up a pair of Head Tennis pants @ Marshalls this past winter. I wish I had found more!! Zippers the legs, two shallow front pockets for easy ball retrieval and a back pocket. Almost a fleece/mesh combo inside the pant legs which was very comfortable, and breatheable. @ $14.99/pair, I couldn't beat the price.