PDA

View Full Version : Why are there be 2 different cosmetics for 2011 Babolat Pure Storm Team GT's?

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Just noticed something today, and was wondering if anybody could help me with my curiosity. It seems that there are 2 different paint/decal setups for the 2011 version of the Babolat Pure Storm TEAM GT's. If you take a look at the pictures, both of the rackets are 2011 Pure Storm Teams, but one has "Pure Storm Team" (with TEAM in red) on the side of the throat, where the other just says, "Storm Team" (with Team in black). One pic was from the TW listing, and another from another well-known online tennis shop. Is it normal for there to be two different cosmetics like this for the same racket?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/py325is/BPST-2.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/py325is/2011PureStormTeamGT_3.jpg

TimothyO
03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Looks like the Babolat logo might be different too...gold vs white?

And the top one shows a Babolat emblem at the throat...the other has a GT logo.

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I think that may be due to the lighting of the picture. But, on the bottom of the throat, you can see that one has the Babolat emblem, whereas the other has the GT Technology sticker in the middle. Strange, huh?

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Oops, sorry Tim O, didn't see that you had written that as well.

bspitch1
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
That is the other side of the racket. The whole pure storm 2011 line has the same graphics (other than the specific model (tour, LTD, etc.))

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
That is the other side of the racket. The whole pure storm 2011 line has the same graphics (other than the specific model (tour, LTD, etc.))

At first, that's what I thought, but it isn't that way at all. One version definitely has Team in red with the entire Pure Storm, while the other only says Storm Team. It's been confirmed by somebody that owns one. They have the black "team" version, no red on it at all, and yes, it is genuine.

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM

OH, maybe you're right. Haha, stupid me. I guess the person I asked didn't check the other side either? Sorry.

minitraveller
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Mods, can you delete this thread so there's no evidence of my stupdidity?? :oops: