PDA

View Full Version : Which raq?

krnmc
03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I am 5.0/5.5 level player i currently hit with 1hbh due to my left wrist injury, i mostly hit with top spin, but i can hit flat and Blast the ball if needed to be. I serve mostly flat, and kick serve.

recently I've been getting shoulder pain after my daily hitting session. So i have been taking it easy. So i was wondering if any one can list some raqs, that would be better than my current raq. or maybe different step up on my current stick. which is Dunlop 200 lite with lead at 3 & 9 oclock. Strung with full poly at 58 pounds.

Thankss

Andyroo10567
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Well first, get rid of that full poly. Second, try resting your shoulder a bit and take a little break from any activity's requiring the shoulder so you wouldn't have to get a new racquet. Last, im not sure what racquet you should get, but my only advice is dont get a pure drive. Its really stiff.

rdis10093
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
if you are a 5.5, you should have a good idea of your own game and what workes, thus you should not be taking adivice on which racquet is best for you from here.

krnmc
03-09-2012, 02:21 AM
if you are a 5.5, you should have a good idea of your own game and what workes, thus you should not be taking adivice on which racquet is best for you from here.

Yeah but I thought someone else on these forums might have or had similar issue as me and i just wanted get their opinion on what worked and what didn't?
Doesn't hurt to ask

chippy17
03-09-2012, 02:55 AM
I had similar problems with my old rackets as I got older (PS 6.0 95s) as they were very stiff and my shoulder and arm were hurting more and more so i looked for similar racket in terms of weight and balance but realised after much research and searching that what I needed was a more flexible racket, as the PSs are very stiff, and ended up with PK Redondo MPs
vvvv happy with this choice a wonderful and oft over looked brand and racket I have them set up with full poly and have no shoulder or arm issues
so perhaps look at flex as well

just realised you may well already play with Redondo's so disregard!!

thug the bunny
03-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Hold on a second there - you have 2 Redondos!
Use them!
Full poly works great, but if you want uber-buttery, use a multi.
No more shoulder problems!

SFrazeur
03-09-2012, 07:23 AM

Not necessarily. High level players do not always know anything about a racquet other than if they like it or not. I know an older high level player who doesn't think swing-weight matters. He's only recently started believing that poly strings do make a difference. Although he thinks luxilon has to be the best string because so many of the pro players use it. What makes me question his level is the "5.0-5.5" bit.

-SF

chippy17
03-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Not necessarily. High level players do not always know anything about a racquet other than if they like it or not. I know an older high level player who doesn't think swing-weight matters. He's only recently started believing that poly strings do make a difference. Although he thinks luxilon has to be the best string because so many of the pro players use it. What makes me question his level is the "5.0-5.5" bit.

-SF

I am a 4.5ish player was 5+ and I had no idea about rackets until I started looking for replacements for my aging PS 6.0 95s, in the past I just played with them and knew they worked well that was all, knew nothing about strings or sw or any of it, now I am an equipment geek

krnmc
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I had similar problems with my old rackets as I got older (PS 6.0 95s) as they were very stiff and my shoulder and arm were hurting more and more so i looked for similar racket in terms of weight and balance but realised after much research and searching that what I needed was a more flexible racket, as the PSs are very stiff, and ended up with PK Redondo MPs
vvvv happy with this choice a wonderful and oft over looked brand and racket I have them set up with full poly and have no shoulder or arm issues
so perhaps look at flex as well

just realised you may well already play with Redondo's so disregard!!

Ha yeah I used to I sold those like few years ago =[ which i still regret T.T but i dont mind buying 2 mids or mp and sell my bio 200 lite.... im not a much of fan of raqs that are bigger than 95 inch head size... how do u like the mp compared to the mid?

And thanks for the repliess ^^

chippy17
03-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Ha yeah I used to I sold those like few years ago =[ which i still regret T.T but i dont mind buying 2 mids or mp and sell my bio 200 lite.... im not a much of fan of raqs that are bigger than 95 inch head size... how do u like the mp compared to the mid?

And thanks for the repliess ^^

get some more quick!!! I think Mr T Bunny can answer this better than I can as I have only played with the MPs, I think they are great but the Mids could be better..?

KenC
03-12-2012, 03:05 AM
If you've reached that level with that racquet, switching will not be easy at this point as there is way too much muscle memory with the current racquet. Why not try putting gut on for a bit, and maybe moving just a few grams of the lead below the balance point? I would think in terms of a long transition before you just go switching. Note that it is easty to just pick up another racquet and rally, but you will have serious problems in a serious match. I often play with my Pure Storm Tours for fun but in a match I just can't get them to work because I am too accustomed to the my Pure Storm Limited GTs. There's a reason why the Pros are so hesitant to switch unless there are millions of USD behind it. :shock:

MesQueUnClub
03-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Take a look at Boris Becker London TOUR. Nice flexy racquet that doesn't need much lead.