PDA

View Full Version : Prince vs Head vs Dunlop

TopspinAce
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Overall

In terms of view all 3 Companies have manufactured amazing products and rackets such as the pog and the O port generation-prince...The prestige/radical/speed/extreme/instinct 10 year lineups and the past Dunlop rackets such as the 200d and the bio lineup..

Head-Great Variety of rackets from power to control.

Prince- Focus is mainly on control and speed but with the better player's attribute they can generate great power.

Dunlop- More control oriented rackets I believe

I wanted to know which of these 3 do you think have been the leaders in the tennis game from these 3 options.

And point out they're best racket with customs that you prefered.

gloumar
03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't get it... Why getting wilson and Babolat out of your manufacturers contest ?
Wilson is a very important actor in the market, and Babolat rackets, with especially pure drive and aeropro, have become really important too, don't you think ? If you list all pros who used them since the 90's, It's impressive !

Prince racquets did a big thing also with the O and EXO ports I think : this is a true revolution in terms of increasing sweetspot and forgiveness.
Donnay did something too with the X-core racquets, maybe ? An extra stiff graphite permitting the construction of racquets with a 0.15mm beam.

But I think HEAD, WILSON and DUNLOP have continued much more conservative series, with a lot of marketing for new lineups every year (brand new "same old ****" with a little change in composition and new cosmetics), without any true invention giving improvement of the gear (except maybe in quality ? dt know that).
I mean, who remembers flexpoint, BLX or aerogel radically improving the gear ?

ollinger
03-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Strange to hear someone cite control as one of Prince's greatest virtues. Seems like the most common complaint about the 03 generations of racquets, including reviews on this site, is the difficulty with depth control and hotspots with all of those racquets.

ZeroSkid
03-09-2012, 11:30 AM
none of them, it use to be Wilson now its babolat

Deuces Wild
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I agree that those 3 companies are a strange group to pick out of the crowd.

I used to love Head, but after a while, you get sick of it and want more. :wink:

My experience with Prince has been..meh.

As far as the current generation of racquets go, I haven't connected with anything as well as I have with my Dunlop Bio 300.