PDA

View Full Version : Tomic/girlfriend split.

Paul Murphy
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
In case anyone cares Tomic and his girlfriend have split.
Could be of interest merely in the sense to see whether it affects him on court.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tennis-star-bernard-tomic-and-model-girlfriend-donay-meijer-have-split/story-e6frewyr-1226294389288

rommil
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
It's an Atomic split!! Did it happen when they vacationed in that Croatian city?

BobFL
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow! My life is unaffected...

Fate Archer
03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a smart choice for both of them, they both have their careers to pursue and quite frankly, pairing a tennis player with a model is generally a recipe for disaster.

She was too good for him anyway.

Semi-Pro
03-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Hope she is the one that didn't call it quits. The man is rich, famous and gonna be a superstar one day.

rommil
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow! My life is unaffected...

Just watch out for a speeding orange Bimmer!

Towser83
03-08-2012, 06:03 PM
great to know she is on the market again, better give her a call.

Broken
03-08-2012, 06:08 PM

Do you know them personally?

BobFL
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Broken has spoken. Probably the best 1st post I have seen on the boards.

Broken
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Broken has spoken. Probably the best 1st post I have seen on the boards.

The reason I ask is because if you actually knew her personality, took away all the glamour and professional make up, you have yourself a pretty average girl...

Fate Archer
03-08-2012, 07:39 PM

Do I need to in order to state my opinion?

Edit for the post above: And while we're at it, while we may not know much of her personality, I think we know just a bit from Tomic's (it seemed he couldn't stop making some rather controversial stories in the media lately) to have a reasonably based opinion I guess.

So you think she's pretty average outside her glamour and make up? That's totally fine, it's your opinion after all.

Welcome to the boards, newcomer.

monfed
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I guess I'll just have to google her pics then.

Evan77
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
oh boy, who really gives a *****? Tomic will be a superstar statement is so silly, lol. whatever. Tomic will be a superstar if Djokovic and Nadal somehow pass away. again, has he ever even won an atp tournament? blah

purge
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
wilander did it

tenniselbow1
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow, Do you know who Sock took to prom this year?

Big_Dangerous
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I heard she signed a deal with Donnay Rackets!

namelessone
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
oh boy, who really gives a *****? Tomic will be a superstar statement is so silly, lol. whatever. Tomic will be a superstar if Djokovic and Nadal somehow pass away. again, has he ever even won an atp tournament? blah

Seconded.

Who gives a flying f**k about this?

aphex
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh noez!
Let's call Bono and have a solidarity concert.

BeHappy
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Wilander said during his match with Federer:

They were talking about Tomic's girlfriend being a catwalk model:

-"And this is one of those times when you have to ask the question: Would she, as good looking as she is, would she... can I say this on air?"

-"You can say what you like!"

-"Would she be with someone who looks like Tomic if he wasn't a pro tennis player? Questionable!!!"

It was hilarious.

MonfilsMadness
03-08-2012, 10:44 PM

-"And this is one of those times when you have to ask the question: Would she, as good looking as she is, would she... can I say this on air?"

-"Would she be with someone who looks like Tomic if he wasn't a pro tennis player? Questionable!!!"

It was hilarious.

Well put. She can do a lot better than him.

westside
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Shame, I thought they were going to last forever. I wont be sleeping well for the next few nights, that's for sure.

Mike Sams
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM

Nadal is three months shy of 26. Tomic is 19. They're not even in the same generation. By the time Tomic hits his prime at around 23-24 or so, Nadal will be retired.

sbengte
03-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Rumor has it that the split happened after his gf saw this picture posted on TW's Federer photoshopped thread.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/henriktveit/fedic-1.jpg

Gorecki
03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
http://technolengk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/blue-screen.jpg

bezs
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
One less eye candy at next year's Aussie Open i guess.

Rozroz
03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
maybe he'll come up a more mature person now?

Hitman
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
great to know she is on the market again, better give her a call.

Too late! I've already picked her up! :)

Towser83
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Too late! I've already picked her up! :)

man you're quick! I better get on the waiting list for Djoko/muzza/nadal's girlfriends

Deuces Wild
03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
She got good exposure out of the relationship during the AO. He's of no use to her now.

Towser83
03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Rumor has it that the split happened after his gf saw this picture posted on TW's Federer photoshopped thread.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/henriktveit/fedic-1.jpg

fed/tomic on the left looks like ferrero!

Evan77
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Nadal is three months shy of 26. Tomic is 19. They're not even in the same generation. By the time Tomic hits his prime at around 23-24 or so, Nadal will be retired.
yeah sure. he is a young punk. I couldn't care less about his love life. to be honest with you I find him really annoying. sure he might be #1 at some point but again he is just a punk. hopefully he'll grow up.

Rozroz
03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
yeah sure. he is a young punk. I couldn't care less about his love life. to be honest with you I find him really annoying. sure he might be #1 at some point but again he is just a punk. hopefully he'll grow up.

now when she-devil used and tossed him aside he'll finally become aware it's time to grow-up.

brooker
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a smart choice for both of them, they both have their careers to pursue and quite frankly, pairing a tennis player with a model is generally a recipe for disaster.

Are you hinting something??

Hidious
03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha, i was about to say that Tomic is pretty ugly to date a super-model but i never understood women anyway.

Sid_Vicious
03-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Haha, i was about to say that Tomic is pretty ugly to date a super-model but i never understood women anyway.

Honestly, is there any guy who is actually good-looking enough to date a supermodel according to posters here?

I am not saying Tomic is good looking, but it seems even when a guy like Berdych (who many women think is attractive) starts dating an attractive woman, there are guys on this forum who say that Berdych is ugly and that his girlfriend Ester would not even look twice at him if he did not have a lot of money.

It is kind of cynical view of things tbh: Men are hideous, women are gold-diggers.

Broken
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Honestly, is there any guy who is actually good-looking enough to date a supermodel according to posters here?

I am not saying Tomic is good looking, but it seems even when a guy like Berdych (who many women think is attractive) starts dating an attractive woman, there are guys on this forum who say that Berdych is ugly and that his girlfriend Ester would not even look twice at him if he did not have a lot of money.

It is kind of cynical view of things tbh: Men are hideous, women are gold-diggers.

It's called putting the ***** on the pedestal.

kimbahpnam
03-10-2012, 12:40 AM
It's an Atomic split!! Did it happen when they vacationed in that Croatian city?

THAT should've been the title of the thread

chandler bing
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Shame, I thought they were going to last forever. I wont be sleeping well for the next few nights, that's for sure.

That makes two of us, mate.

BeHappy
03-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Are you Bernard Tomic?

SLD76
03-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Berdych is by no means unattractive at all. If anything he finally got a gf of equal hotness.

Murray on the other hand...he isnt ugly but...if he wasnt a tennis player, I do not know...

SLD76
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
It's called putting the ***** on the pedestal.

that and alot of bitter men who realize they have neither the looks, talent nor money to attract these women.

bc-05
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
really? so to get a good looking girl you would really need to be really good looking??

lets just say 1% of girls in this world are really hot? then there would be about 30,000,000 really hot girls in this world.. and you guys are telling me that all of them are brain dead and would only go with some "sexy" guy?

im sure there has to be one with a brain somewhere, who really knows what they actually want and not what the society wants them to like.

SLD76
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
really? so to get a good looking girl you would really need to be really good looking??

lets just say 1% of girls in this world are really hot? then there would be about 30,000,000 really hot girls in this world.. and you guys are telling me that all of them are brain dead and would only go with some "sexy" guy?

im sure there has to be one with a brain somewhere, who really knows what they actually want and not what the society wants them to like.

women can be just as shallow and go for a guy for looks alone.
the looks may not be able to keep her around, but it will surely get the guy thru the door.

and this is assuming that the girl isnt looking for a perfect soulmate or a breadwinner but just someone to sex her up.

Why does a woman have to be brain dead to want to date a hot guy? Nobody questions a man's desire to have a hot chick.

bc-05
03-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Its brain dead because while some guys are brain dead, not all of them are.. Look at roger federer, he's rich, succesful, responsible.. His wife isn't exactly the best looking?

Whereas, you guys are saying that hot girls only go for hot guys? Hence why the question "are all of them brain dead?"

And yes I am kind of brain dead.. Coz my dead brain keeps telling me to go just for looks and not care abt the stupid personality

SLD76
03-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Its brain dead because while some guys are brain dead, not all of them are.. Look at roger federer, he's rich, succesful, responsible.. His wife isn't exactly the best looking?

Whereas, you guys are saying that hot girls only go for hot guys? Hence why the question "are all of them brain dead?"

And yes I am kind of brain dead.. Coz my dead brain keeps telling me to go just for looks and not care abt the stupid personality

I dont think I said all women do is automatically go for looks.

I said women *can be* shallow and go for looks.

'Can' implies its an option but not neccesarily a foregone conclusion.

I also said sometimes women just want to bang a hot guy and arent looking for a soulmate.

How in the world am I going to categorize what all women absoultely do in a comment in a thread in a damn tennis forum???

And again I ask, why is a woman brain dead if she goes for a hot guy, for whatever reason?

Of course hot girls dont only go for hot guys...money/fame can be ameliorating influences, should those women look for those qualities, which doubtless their looks bring them those sort of oppportunities.

Of course, a hot woman can end up with a not so attractive guy if he has other attributes that she values. this is common sense.

bc-05
03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
righteo its brain dead because im sure these women that "goes" for hot guys.. when you tell them that they have no personality and they're just a trophy.. they would be offended and try to justify themself.. yet they are looking for a "hot guy" who probably doesnt have personality themself..

but then again.. we went too far with our discussion.. my initial question came up because someone mentioned "if tomic wasnt a tennis player, why would she go out with him?"

i mean if tomic wasnt a tennis player, just a regular guy.. why wouldnt a girl like her go out with him.. are girls like her only going for the looks or fame or money? like it just sounds absurd to me to even think about that..

because if an ugly girl can look at guys beyond their looks and money.. im sure even a good looking one can as well do that

SLD76
03-10-2012, 05:02 PM
righteo its brain dead because im sure these women that "goes" for hot guys.. when you tell them that they have no personality and they're just a trophy.. they would be offended and try to justify themself.. yet they are looking for a "hot guy" who probably doesnt have personality themself..

but then again.. we went too far with our discussion.. my initial question came up because someone mentioned "if tomic wasnt a tennis player, why would she go out with him?"

i mean if tomic wasnt a tennis player, just a regular guy.. why wouldnt a girl like her go out with him.. are girls like her only going for the looks or fame or money? like it just sounds absurd to me to even think about that..

because if an ugly girl can look at guys beyond their looks and money.. im sure even a good looking one can as well do that

some men do have trophy wives? Why is it bad to say what it is?

I read something in a psychology book once that said people tend to seek out someone of their own level, in all things:

intelligence, attractiveness not to mention beliefs, outlook etc.

so, if that is to be believed, then you expect an exceptionally attractive person to be with someone on their same level.

it is not 100% cut and dried obviously. I believe cate blanchette to be an extremely beautiful woman., Her husband....is not extremely beautiful. But cate is also an intelligent woman so I can only assume that she not superficial and she loves her husband for his mind and whatever other attributes attract her to him.

basically, while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, nature will have her balance?

and lets face it. How many 'average' looking women do these guys end up with? Why is Mirka routinely disparaged on this board for being 'heavy' or not the usual model type that one would expect a top player to be with

I think Davydenko's wife also gets some lip for being more 'average' seeming and not model type.

Why are their so many threads where player gf's/wives are compared for hotness?

The point is, yes these guys are getting access to prettier girls because they are tennis players...this is the reality of the world.

Herdsman76
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Why did I waste the few minutes reading this thread anyway??? LOL

Borrelli
03-10-2012, 07:30 PM

It was hilarious.

Haha! Spot on and the same goes for Berdych. Cue up that video please.

chandler bing
03-10-2012, 07:59 PM
some men do have trophy wives? Why is it bad to say what it is?

I read something in a psychology book once that said people tend to seek out someone of their own level, in all things:

intelligence, attractiveness not to mention beliefs, outlook etc.

so, if that is to be believed, then you expect an exceptionally attractive person to be with someone on their same level.

it is not 100% cut and dried obviously. I believe cate blanchette to be an extremely beautiful woman., Her husband....is not extremely beautiful. But cate is also an intelligent woman so I can only assume that she not superficial and she loves her husband for his mind and whatever other attributes attract her to him.

basically, while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, nature will have her balance?

and lets face it. How many 'average' looking women do these guys end up with? Why is Mirka routinely disparaged on this board for being 'heavy' or not the usual model type that one would expect a top player to be with

I think Davydenko's wife also gets some lip for being more 'average' seeming and not model type.

Why are their so many threads where player gf's/wives are compared for hotness?

The point is, yes these guys are getting access to prettier girls because they are tennis players...this is the reality of the world.

Hell to the yes. And this goes both ways. I doubt that Chris Evert (for example) would have access to all those drop-dead handsome guys if she wasn't a famous tennis champion.

monfed
03-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Why did I waste the few minutes reading this thread anyway??? LOL

You could've just googled some pics instead. ;)

Marius_Hancu
03-11-2012, 05:09 AM
too much jaw to their faces :-)

hoodjem
03-11-2012, 05:28 AM
She's obviously too busy working on her Ph.D. is astrophysics to hang out with a dummy like him.

Jock!

Spin Doctor
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Seconded.

Who gives a flying f**k about this?

You clicked on this thread, didn't you??? So obviously you gave a f**k!

Tomic's GF got some good exposure out of this. Don't blame her for bolting. Tomic is FUGLY and seems like a d-bag.

Paul Murphy
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Spin Doctor;6382868]You clicked on this thread, didn't you??? So obviously you gave a f**k!

Well said.
I only posted this because of the possibility that the break-up may have an effect on his game.
But the number of people who not only clicked on the thread, read the post, then declared themselves totally uninterested was wonderfully amusing.
If I see a thread I'm not interested in I just move on.
And one can't say that the subject of this thread wasn't very clear.
Funny stuff.

jerriy
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
You clicked on this thread, didn't you??? So obviously you gave a f**k!

Tomic's GF got some good exposure out of this. Don't blame her for bolting. Tomic is FUGLY and seems like a d-bag.It's he who dumped her (according to the tittle tattle from down under)