PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki fails prank on Sharapova

Bergboy123
03-08-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hP4-JlxSYj8

Seems her foot-eye coordination isn't as good as her hand-eye! :)

Clarky21
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
What a desperate attention seeker.

Sentinel
03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
So utterly cute.

namelessone
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Attention whoring at its very best.

Does Wozniacki actually think that this will endear her to people?

Remember that kangaroo stunt she pulled?

OddJack
03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
she's begging to please(the camera), that's even worse than seeking attention.
"i am happy, I dont care"

Yes you do, the way you responded to Martina.
it can only get worse.

Clarky21
03-08-2012, 10:06 PM

It obviously didn't endear her to Sharapova,who was ticked off she ruined her interview,making her have to repeat it. Woz is like a female version of Djesus with her joke pulling and silly stunts just to get attention. She really needs to grow up.

namelessone
03-08-2012, 10:08 PM
It obviously didn't endear her to Sharapova,who was ticked off she ruined her interview,making her have to repeat it. Woz is like a female version of Djesus with her joke pulling and silly stunts just to get attention. She really needs to grow up.

At least Djesus has actually been funny at times.

zapvor
03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
i dont approve of this one, but i actually didnt realize how fun Wozzi is. i recently saw highlights of her dancing along the sidelines at an exhibition. would love to meet her. she seems like a lot of fun to be around you know. i personally thought the kangaroo prank was GENIUS. way to show those journlists posing as tennis knowledgable folks.

the nadal cramp one was a little over the top though....

Bartelby
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
It reminds you how young they really are.

St. Bernard
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM

Although somebody pointed it out - Djoker was at least at times funny, and you know...has talent.

Caro is just painful...

Praetorian
03-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Man, you guys are brutally judgemental. Y'all forget she's at an age where in a couple weeks, she could be at spring break partying up, looking for a Girls Gone Wild bus; you're making a big deal about nothing. Just because she plays professional tennis, doesn't mean she's not allowed to have fun.

Colin
03-09-2012, 04:02 AM
i dont approve of this one, but i actually didnt realize how fun Wozzi is. i recently saw highlights of her dancing along the sidelines at an exhibition. would love to meet her. she seems like a lot of fun to be around you know. i personally thought the kangaroo prank was GENIUS. way to show those journlists posing as tennis knowledgable folks.

the nadal cramp one was a little over the top though....

Madness is a kind of genius in its way. Whether feigning marsupial wounds or mocking Nadal's news-conference injuries or failing with gusto at popping a balloon, Wozzi shows she's infinitely more entertaining off the court life than she is on it.

I'd much rather watch Sharapova play tennis, but I'd much rather go for a drink with Wozzi.

As an alcoholic tennis fan, that kind of makes it a draw in my book.

PSNELKE
03-09-2012, 04:03 AM

She has to, I mean she ain't #1 anymore.

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-09-2012, 04:05 AM

I wish she would stop trying to create a personality and focus on the one thing her "humor" stunts will not erase in the minds of everyone: her tennis problems.

PSNELKE
03-09-2012, 04:06 AM
At least Djesus has actually been funny at times.

at least Djesus has some majors.

SLD76
03-09-2012, 04:09 AM
at least Djesus has some majors.

and his forehead doesnt have its own gravitational pull.

celoft
03-09-2012, 04:11 AM
LOL.........................

tennis_pro
03-09-2012, 04:20 AM
She has to, I mean she ain't #1 anymore.

She did the exact same thing while being ranked #1. I guess once a goof, always a goof.

Gorecki
03-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Caro must have daddy issues!!!

pun intended

Sentinel
03-09-2012, 04:52 AM
You talkin' 'bout yourself 'gin, my dear Clarky ?

PSNELKE
03-09-2012, 05:31 AM

lmao. :lol:

DjokovicForTheWin
03-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Man, you guys are brutally judgemental. Y'all forget she's at an age where in a couple weeks, she could be at spring break partying up, looking for a Girls Gone Wild bus; you're making a big deal about nothing. Just because she plays professional tennis, doesn't mean she's not allowed to have fun.

Good post. These people are nuts. She's just a kid having fun.

purge
03-09-2012, 05:50 AM
i think its impressive she actually aired the first try completely.. its been a while since ive seen someone misjudge like that over such a short distance oO

jaggy
03-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Next prank should involve nudity, the locker room and cameras. Just saying.

cknobman
03-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Next prank should involve nudity, the locker room and cameras. Just saying.

Agreed but I would be willing to settle for bikini mud wrestling!!!! :shock::)

Clarky21
03-09-2012, 06:10 AM
You talkin' 'bout yourself 'gin, my dear Clarky ?

You of all people accusing someone else of attention seeking makes me :lol:. Attention seeking is the core to your very existence on this website.

Cup8489
03-09-2012, 06:16 AM
So many judgemental people has as if no one has ever pulled a prank in their lives and as if you're all a bunch of saints.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun, I thought it was cute. I'd totally do something like that, not gonna lie.

Gorecki
03-09-2012, 06:19 AM
You of all people accusing someone else of attention seeking makes me :lol:. Attention seeking is the core to your very existence on this website.

cul starry bra

Cormorant
03-09-2012, 06:58 AM

Huh? Of course it does, as all matter exerts gravitational force.

Now, I know Djoko is doing well, but do we need to make outlandish claims about him being exempt from the fundamental laws of physics?

djokovicgonzalez2010
03-09-2012, 08:43 AM
She can be fairly funny at times, I think...

abmk
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM

LOL :)

10 chars !

wimble10
03-09-2012, 11:39 AM
i like her stunts except for the Nadal thing. This balloon attempt worked out well for her though. It would have been even funnier if she twisted her ankle.

jones101
03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Sharapova seemed slighly annoyed with her.

She is very immature/dorky, nice girl, but acts 15 more than a 20something.

She must have been sheltered by PapaWoz all her life or something.

Fuzzball7
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
WoW

10fails

Bacterio
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Sharapova's comments are funny, you can tell she's a little bothered but doesn't want to show it

Different angle, fun starts 1:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFIUUDegXE

I really don't understand all the hate though. I like learning about the player's personalities. I spend a lot of time looking up youtube videos of interviews to see what they're like off the court. The fact that Wozniacki isn't putting up airs is refreshing.

I'm not sure what makes everyone think she's trying to gain favor with the fans, as if she needs to. She's already well liked, even if it might not be for her game, so she's not pretending or trying too hard, that's just her, like it or hate it, but I prefer it over some of the camera shy players that you never see come out of their shell.

Hood_Man
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Yeah, "Wow" was my reaction to a few posts :shock:

It was kinda funny that it failed though :)

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Sharapova can laugh without making fun of a reporter. Impressive!

Tennis_Hands
03-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Sharapova didn't scream? Impressive!

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
cul starry bra

can u explain me this?:)

Gonzalito17
03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
You gotta love her sense of humor and attempts to bring some fun to tennis. Unbelievable gaffe though on not being able to stomp the balloon, her footwork need some work.

Keep on truckin Caro

zapvor
03-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Madness is a kind of genius in its way. Whether feigning marsupial wounds or mocking Nadal's news-conference injuries or failing with gusto at popping a balloon, Wozzi shows she's infinitely more entertaining off the court life than she is on it.

I'd much rather watch Sharapova play tennis, but I'd much rather go for a drink with Wozzi.

As an alcoholic tennis fan, that kind of makes it a draw in my book.

lol thats a interesting way of putting it. i wouldnt watch maria play at all, but agree on the drink with woz

jones101
03-10-2012, 11:14 PM
More attention wh0r3ing from Caroline.

Hijacks Fish's press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zzr_A9eY4Y&feature=player_embedded

Bobby Jr
03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Ahh. This was harmless and pretty funny in its failings. She is a funny girl - she gets no points off for failed attempts at pranks like this imo.

monfed
03-11-2012, 12:04 AM
She's cute with her pranks. Too bad this one didn't go as planned.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Wozniacki was criticized for being world number one. Now she is not ranked number one, so she's being criticized for HAVING a personality :lol:

Dilettante
03-11-2012, 06:40 AM
She's cute with her pranks.

What if Nadal did this kind of stuff?

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Wozniacki was criticized for being world number one. Now she is not ranked number one, so she's being criticized for HAVING a personality :lol:

Her supposed "personality" is just a put on to get attention. It's made up to try and make her seem interesting. And constantly making fun of others and crashing their interviews,press conferences,etc. is not funny or cute. It is just good old fashioned attention wh*ring at its finest.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Her supposed "personality" is just a put on to get attention. It's made up to try and make her seem interesting. And constantly making fun of others and crashing their interviews,press conferences,etc. is not funny or cute. It is just good old fashioned attention wh*ring at its finest.

So she has an attention-seeking personality with a poorly timed sense of humor. Might not be fake....

monfed
03-11-2012, 08:01 AM
What if Nadal did this kind of stuff?

He can't since he has as much wit as Caroline has in her pinky.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 08:05 AM

Come on,Monfed. :lol: If Nadal did do anything like this you would still rake him over the coals for it.

monfed
03-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Come on,Monfed. :lol: If Nadal did do anything like this you would still rake him over the coals for it.

You know Nadal's got this serious no-nonsense type demeanor about him,I've never seen him crack a joke, compared to Safin,Djokovic anyway. ;)

Check this for humour -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jnNJ2hnXVM

I don't like Caroline per say or her game but her pranks are funny you've gotta admit. :lol:

Torres
03-11-2012, 09:03 AM

More attention wh0r3ing from Caroline.

Hijacks Fish's press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zzr_A9eY4Y&feature=player_embedded

Jeez, are you lot miserable, bitter, jealous, middle aged old men, with humour malfunctions?

She's a 21 year old girl for chrisakes, getting paid shed loads, gets to travel the world, is obviously happy and enjoying life and trying to have some fun.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Jeez, are you lot miserable, bitter, middle aged old men, with a humour malfunctions?

She's a 21 year old girl, getting paid shed loads, gets to travel the world, and and obviously enjoying life and trying to have some fun.

Actually,I am none of those things especially the part about being men since I am female. :lol:

Being 21 doesn't mean you have to act like you're still 15. Her so called humour has not been funny,and has interferred with other players press conferences,interviews,etc. This crap from Woz stopped being cute a long time ago.

Torres
03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Actually,I am none of those things especially the part about being men since I am female. :lol:

So you're basically jealous of her looks/life/success/wealth/famous boyfriend/lightyears better tennis ability than you'll ever have because your cattiness says more about what missing in your life/persona than anything about her.

monfed
03-11-2012, 09:15 AM

Being 21 doesn't mean you have to act like you're still 15. Her so called humour has not been funny,and has interferred with other players press conferences,interviews,etc. This crap from Woz stopped being cute a long time ago.

You're just mad coz she imitated Ralph. :roll:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:26 AM
So you're basically jealous of her looks/life/success/wealth/famous boyfriend/lightyears better tennis ability than you'll ever have because your cattiness says more about what missing in your life/persona than anything about her.

Dude,I could not care less about Woz,her supposed stunning good looks,her dogfaced boyfriend,or her crappy pusher tennis. As a matter of fact I don't even like the WTA,and see it as nothing more than an inconvenience since it forces me to have to wait through that crap they call tennis,just to see the mens matches. And why do people always resort to the tired,juvenile "ur just a bitter jealous fatty" argument anytime someone doesn't like a female tennis player? It is such a pathetic attemp at an insult all I can do is :lol:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
You're just mad coz she imitated Ralph. :roll:

Not hardly,but it was a dumb thing to do and she got called out for it. Maybe her next impersonation will be when Fed cried his eyes out after the AO final in 2009. Something tells me you would not give The Golden Retriever a pass on that one. :lol:

monfed
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Not hadly,but it was a dumb thing to do and she got called out for it. Maybe her next impersonation will be when Fed cried his eyes out after the AO final in 2009. Something tells me you would not give The Golden Retriever a pass on that one. :lol:

Low blow. :evil:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Low blow. :evil:

I'm not making fun of Fed,but come on,dude. You know you would throw Woz under the bus the second she decided to even remotely make fun of Fed.

Torres
03-11-2012, 09:36 AM
And why do people always resort to the tired,juvenile "ur just a bitter jealous fatty"

But that's exactly what you are. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

It's all complete harmless stuff, yet you come out with claws. Like I said earlier, your reaction says more about the fact that there's something missing in your own life/persona than anything about her.

Spin Doctor
03-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Nothing wrong with some harmless pranks. The problem with Woz is that her pranks all seem to be in full view of the media and smack of desperate attempts at getting attention. There is a pattern of behavior with her that just seems juvenile and kind of pathetic. She definitely seems immature for her age. I realize she is only 21 but her behavior is definitely more teenager-ish.

I love the fact that she lost her #1 status just as Rory got his. You know that has to stick in her craw. Imagine the missed fame whoring opportunities they missed out by both being #1 in their respective sports. I guess the next alternative was for Woz to start stomping on balloons.

monfed
03-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm not making fun of Fed,but come on,dude. You know you would throw Woz under the bus the second she decided to even remotely make fun of Fed.

I would if she did the AO 09 thing. :evil:

You know Djokovic tried to imitate Fed but he said he couldn't coz he's too perfect. :lol:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:41 AM
But that's exactly what you are. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

It's all complete harmless stuff, yet you come out with claws. Like I said earlier, your reaction says more about the fact that there's something missing in your own life/persona than anything about her.

Ok,whatever Mr.Armchair Psychiatrist. I guess everyone who thinks Woz immaturely making fun of people,making up dumb kangaroo stories,and ruining other players interviews,press conferences etc. are all just bitter jealous fatties who are missing something in their lives. :roll: You sure got me,dude. :lol:

monfed
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Ok,whatever Mr.Armchair Psychiatrist. I guess everyone who thinks Woz immaturely making fun of people,making up dumb kangaroo stories,and ruining other players interviews,press conferences etc. are all just bitter jealous fatties who are missing something in their lives. :roll: You sure got me,dude. :lol:

LOL dumb kangaroo stories?

You're so cute sometimes, Clarky. :oops:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
LOL dumb kangaroo stories?

You're so cute sometimes, Clarky. :oops:

You mean the all knowing Monfed doesn't know about Woz and her Kangaroo story from last years AO? Really? I cannot believe it!! :shock:

:lol:

Torres
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM

You're in the middle of the desert, sun's shining, blue skies, you have loads of time in between matches, and amongst all the hundres of droll interviews and pat responses being given, for a bit of fun, she decides to stamp on a water balloon.

There's clearly something not quite right with you if it bothers you so much.

Were you brought up in some sort of ultra strict fascist regime in North Korea?

Spin Doctor
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM

Weak. Just to summarize, if you critize Woz in any way:

1. If you're 50 y/o male then you're bitter about your failed life.

2. If you're female then you're a jealous ugly hater.

Please provide your in depth analysis of the following:

3. 15 -45 year old males (****ed cuz even tho they are only 4.0 they know they could beat Woz on a good day?)

4. Hermaphrodites (jealous of Woz's clearly defined gender characteristics?)

I guess anyone that criticizes Barack Obama is a racist hater jealous of his achievement and bitter about their own failed attempts at getting into Harvard and becoming POTUS?

All ad hominem. Debate the facts, not the poster (who you have never met and know nothing about).

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM

3. 15 -45 year old males (****ed cuz even tho they are only 4.0 they know they could beat Woz on a good day?)

I guess anyone that criticizes Barack Obama is a racist hater jealous of his achievement and bitter about their own failed attempts at getting into Harvard and becoming POTUS?

All ad hominem. Debate the facts, not the poster (who you have never met and know nothing about).

QFA. You put this a lot more eloquently than I could.

monfed
03-11-2012, 10:01 AM
You mean the all knowing Monfed doesn't know about Woz and her Kangaroo story from last years AO? Really? I cannot believe it!! :shock:

:lol:

Probably missed that one. :P

Torres
03-11-2012, 10:03 AM
QFA. You put this a lot more eloquently than I could.

QFA? Eloquent? Oh dear.

You definitely are in denial about all sorts of things....

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 10:15 AM
QFA? Eloquent? Oh dear.

You definitely are in denial about all sorts of things....

Ok,whatever you say Mr. Armchair Psychiatrist. I wish I had your powers to be able to diagnose supposed mental problems over the internet on a tennis messageboard. You could make a fortune with your unbelieveable abilities. :lol:

Dilettante
03-11-2012, 04:11 PM

That doesn't answer the question: what would you say if Nadal did this kind of stuff?

Cup8489
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Is this thread really turning into a flame war?

SLD76
03-11-2012, 04:37 PM

johnny blaze'em

zapvor
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM

yea seriously......why the......

Bergboy123
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM

yea seriously......why the......

Haha my thoughts exactly

Bacterio
03-11-2012, 11:49 PM

I haven't said anything about anyone, so even though you can direct something like this at others, it doesn't apply to the opinions I've expressed, but to put things in perspective...

If Wozniacki decides to play a prank:

1. She is an attention seeking wh*re that will do anything to gain popularity

2. If there happens to be a camera around, she's obviously praying and hoping that it will be heavily publicized and everyone will love her

Do you get it now?

You and some others on here are getting upset that people are making assumptions about why you dislike her pranks and jokes yet you're making the exact same assumptions about Wozniacki's intentions. Just like your dislike of her antics is not rooted in jealousy, maybe, just maybe what we're seeing is her personality and she isn't on some massive surreptitious PR campaign to be the talk of the town.

Like I said before, I'm glad that she's willing to let her guard down and show us her personality.

CCNM
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I love the look on Maria's face at 23 seconds. Caroline's cute too.

skiracer55
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM

...get a grip, everybody!

wimble10
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
yeah, she's only 21. Seems like she has a pretty good sense of humor.

Spin Doctor
03-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I haven't said anything about anyone, so even though you can direct something like this at others, it doesn't apply to the opinions I've expressed, but to put things in perspective...

If Wozniacki decides to play a prank:

1. She is an attention seeking wh*re that will do anything to gain popularity

2. If there happens to be a camera around, she's obviously praying and hoping that it will be heavily publicized and everyone will love her

Do you get it now?

You and some others on here are getting upset that people are making assumptions about why you dislike her pranks and jokes yet you're making the exact same assumptions about Wozniacki's intentions. Just like your dislike of her antics is not rooted in jealousy, maybe, just maybe what we're seeing is her personality and she isn't on some massive surreptitious PR campaign to be the talk of the town.

Like I said before, I'm glad that she's willing to let her guard down and show us her personality.

My posts weren't directed at you. TBH, I have no idea what you posted and I don't care enough to check the thread. The other guy started going off on some chick calling her a jealous hater and I was feeling all chivalrous and 5hit.

Agree to disagree on her behavior and I feel no need to convince anyone otherwise. The facts speak for themselves.

namelessone
03-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Jeez, are you lot miserable, bitter, jealous, middle aged old men, with humour malfunctions?

She's a 21 year old girl for chrisakes, getting paid shed loads, gets to travel the world, is obviously happy and enjoying life and trying to have some fun.

This doesn't have anything to do with age, it has to do with the gazzilionth contrived stunt to make it seem like Woz has anything resembling a humorous personality. Most of her attempts at humor are cringeworthy to say the least. She is trying to be the Djokovic of the womens tour but in reverse.

Djoko burst onto the scene, had his imitations and various jokes, toned them down a bit, became a solid nr.1 but still kept his humorous nature. Wozniacki started to make herself known, even became nr.1 at a time(due to the hilariously unbalanced nature of the WTA tour) and since she has been getting her *** kicked time and time again, she has resorted to more and more of these stunts to stay in the limelight.

Wozniacki reminds me of that one friend everyone had, the one that always told the worst jokes and all of us would laugh just a bit, out of complacency,so as not to make him feel bad. Someone needs to tell Woz that she just isn't funny(this is something that is natural, you either have it or you don't, you can't train it) and that she should focus on her tennis.

When it's contrived(fake), it's not funny. I would believe Petkovic if she did something like this, not Wozniacki. Petkovic is the most Djokovic'ish gal on the WTA tour.

juanparty
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM
she is fat, dumb and ugly, and im not jealuos of her!

Bacterio
03-13-2012, 02:06 AM
My posts weren't directed at you. TBH, I have no idea what you posted and I don't care enough to check the thread. The other guy started going off on some chick calling her a jealous hater and I was feeling all chivalrous and 5hit.

Agree to disagree on her behavior and I feel no need to convince anyone otherwise. The facts speak for themselves.

I wasn't directing my comment at you either. I quoted you so that it was understood that I was employing the same logic that you used in your post but from the other side of the argument. Just trying to expose the hypocrisy of people's views.

On the one hand you have a handful of people making assumptions about Wozniacki's intentions with her pranks. Yet, that girl that you felt needed protecting gets offended when someone tells her that her dislike of Wozniacki is rooted in jealousy. Just like she has the right to her opinion of Wozniacki, then she should accept that people are going to make assumptions about her intentions in disliking Woz.

Personally, I believe that's just her personality and she's not trying to gain public approval because she already has it. I'm not trying to convince anyone to see it my way, because it's all a matter of opinion. There is no "facts" as you keep on saying. Short of finding documents sent to her by a PR person telling her when and where to pull these pranks, this is all just a matter of opinion. Some think it's genuine and others don't.

LetsGoRoddick
03-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Her humor just doesn't seem natural.

SLD76
03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
"I would rather have Grand Slam titles than the number one ranking....Ranking is not always indicative of who the best player is....Slams are where the best players come thru"

-Lindsey Davenport last night commentating on the Wozniacki Arviddsen match.

Sort of beating a dead horse, but I am curious what anyone has to say about what Lindsey said last night.

sportsfan1
03-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Nothing wrong with a prank or two, as long as it's not over the top or offensive. If anyone could be criticized in the video, thought it was Sharapova who could let her hair down a little bit and be less serious/robotic.

BigServer1
03-13-2012, 08:04 AM

This is what bugs me. This is a business, and players have to do things like interviews, PCs and the like. She messes with the system because she thinks it's funny (and she desperately wants attention, that is clear), but she's getting in the way of other players completing their duties and requirements.

It's annoying.

jmnk
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
[...] Wozniacki started to make herself known, even became nr.1 at a time(due to the hilariously unbalanced nature of the WTA tour) [...]
ooo, thank you for pointing that out. I can see now that in reality, if WTA tour was 'balanced', it would be obvious that the real number 1 is Stosur. Or maybe Bartoli? Or perhaps Radwanska? Because, you know, surely it is not Azarenka - she just happens to be #1 due to 'unbalanced nature of WTA'. :roll:

wimble10
03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
This is what bugs me. This is a business, and players have to do things like interviews, PCs and the like. She messes with the system because she thinks it's funny (and she desperately wants attention, that is clear), but she's getting in the way of other players completing their duties and requirements. It's annoying.
I think it's entertaining. You need to work on your sense of humor if you can't appreciate a joke or prank now and then. Go watch some golf.

wimble10
03-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Her humor just doesn't seem natural.
maybe she's on steroids.

Objective Danny
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Methinks thou protest too much.

This is much ado about nothing.

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with age, it has to do with the gazzilionth contrived stunt to make it seem like Woz has anything resembling a humorous personality. Most of her attempts at humor are cringeworthy to say the least. She is trying to be the Djokovic of the womens tour but in reverse.

Djoko burst onto the scene, had his imitations and various jokes, toned them down a bit, became a solid nr.1 but still kept his humorous nature. Wozniacki started to make herself known, even became nr.1 at a time(due to the hilariously unbalanced nature of the WTA tour) and since she has been getting her *** kicked time and time again, she has resorted to more and more of these stunts to stay in the limelight.

Wozniacki reminds me of that one friend everyone had, the one that always told the worst jokes and all of us would laugh just a bit, out of complacency,so as not to make him feel bad. Someone needs to tell Woz that she just isn't funny(this is something that is natural, you either have it or you don't, you can't train it) and that she should focus on her tennis.

When it's contrived(fake), it's not funny. I would believe Petkovic if she did something like this, not Wozniacki. Petkovic is the most Djokovic'ish gal on the WTA tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ

Dilettante
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
She can do whatever she wants.

She makes me cringe a bit, though.

seattle_1hander
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM

This...OMG this

Cindysphinx
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I am not a fan, but I thought that was cute and funny. She acted exactly the way 20 year old women often act. Lighten up.

seattle_1hander
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I am not a fan, but I thought that was cute and funny. She acted exactly the way 20 year old women often act. Lighten up.

Hahaha...she's the only one in her age group on the WTA I see doing this stuff.

cknobman
03-14-2012, 06:27 AM
I think both of these 2 young ladies were misbehaving.

I should take them aside (together) privately and discuss with them. :)

tennis_ocd
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Y'all forget she's at an age where in a couple weeks, she could be at spring break partying up, looking for a Girls Gone Wild bus; Now that would be attention grabbing... I thought the prank funny and cute. And woz is a tennis genius for being able to stay at no. 1 for so long.

SLD76
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Now that would be attention grabbing... I thought the prank funny and cute. And woz is a tennis genius for being able to stay at no. 1 for so long.

nah, she got lucky that the the young guns hadnt found their games yet and the old guard were well...old.