PDA

View Full Version : Rebel 98 vs Radical Pro vs Prestige S

Veens
03-09-2012, 05:49 AM
These three racquets. seem to have spec-like. what do you guys think?

Dgdavid
03-09-2012, 06:28 AM

I have owned all three and still own the Prestige S and Rebel 98. Although they all seem relatively similar specs, they play quite different. In my experience I would put them in this order:

Prestige S - solid but not very forgiving. Spin friendly. More power than the Prestige Midplus but less solid. Control is not that far behind the Midplus and comfortably ahead of Rebel and Radical in this area. Better option for me than the Prestige Pro for a more spin friendly, powerful version of the Midplus.
Rebel 98 - very nice and if I hadn't now gone with the Warrior 100, had planned to swap out the Syn Gut Duraflex with Poly. Good power but had a few flyers. More forgiving than the S. The string change may have transformed it.
IG Radical Pro - Very nice to serve and in my opinion the most powerful of the three. Didn't like it much elsewhere except right back at the baseline. S trumps it though.

If I had to select a main racket from them three, I would be happy with the S and 98 but not the Rad Pro. I would take my Prestige MP and Warrior 100 over all of them though. For me, none of them are unpowered (some people think the S is but I don't).

DG

gsuede
03-09-2012, 08:01 AM

Rebel 98 all the way just bought 3.Tried the other ones but this has comfort power spin. I never played so well. You just need to get the right string in the frame and watch your game improve. I always thought the oports were bull not anymore

BC1
03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Rebel 98 all the way just bought 3.Tried the other ones but this has comfort power spin. I never played so well. You just need to get the right string in the frame and watch your game improve. I always thought the oports were bull not anymore

gsuede, you may have already answered this in a previous post, but what did you find to be the best string set-up in your 98?

gsuede
03-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I have a bad case of golfers elbow thats why i switched to the rebel. I use Technifibre NRG and Prince Premier attack was the demo string and that played really well. My elbow has improved a lot so if comfort is a need this is a great racket. I did not expect all the power of this racket but everything lands in because of all the spin this racket generates. The Serve is the only thing that has not clicked yet but its only been 2 weeks

Veens
03-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I have owned all three and still own the Prestige S and Rebel 98. Although they all seem relatively similar specs, they play quite different. In my experience I would put them in this order:

Prestige S - solid but not very forgiving. Spin friendly. More power than the Prestige Midplus but less solid. Control is not that far behind the Midplus and comfortably ahead of Rebel and Radical in this area. Better option for me than the Prestige Pro for a more spin friendly, powerful version of the Midplus.
Rebel 98 - very nice and if I hadn't now gone with the Warrior 100, had planned to swap out the Syn Gut Duraflex with Poly. Good power but had a few flyers. More forgiving than the S. The string change may have transformed it.
IG Radical Pro - Very nice to serve and in my opinion the most powerful of the three. Didn't like it much elsewhere except right back at the baseline. S trumps it though.

If I had to select a main racket from them three, I would be happy with the S and 98 but not the Rad Pro. I would take my Prestige MP and Warrior 100 over all of them though. For me, none of them are unpowered (some people think the S is but I don't).

DG

So lets say. How will you reccomend this to a player? And what do you think is the best thing this racquet has, and what playstyle suites this racquet?