PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre T-Flash 315 Speedflex - 2011 vs. 2012 models

gbphillips
03-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between the current black/yellow model of this racket (which I was able to demo locally and liked a lot) and "last years" which has the Zeus/Face black and white graphic? Or confirm that they are the same other than the graphic? The specs and write up on most the web sites look the same, not sure if the silicone is in the handle both years?

I like the black / yellow version I demo'd although wish i could have tried the 300 version as well to see if the lighter but stiffer version was better at the net...but think I'm ready to make this my next racket. But there is a hefty price difference ($60-70) between the 2 versions, so if they are realy the same I could live with the goofy face graphic...any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

Fuzzball7
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Nothing me thinks... Just the new PJ

I'm sponsored by TF but IDK
I use the T-Fight 295

gbphillips
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply...and I also talked to someone at an online retailer that seemed to be more familiar with the Tecnifibre line than most, who told me that for the T-flash line (300 and 315), the paint job is the only difference, they are the same racket underneath. The T-Fight rackets have some differences in the graphite layup, different type of graphite, etc... but not in the Flash series.

Now for the string decision...thinking about NRG2 or X-code black...any suggestions?

Ross K
03-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Not 100 % sure TBH. I'd guess they are the same though. Thought the older SF 315 was an under-rated frame. Just felt the balance/weighting was a bit off and you could get caught behind the ball. Must say though, I did like the silicone handle. Thought it was pretty solid generally. Nice pop on serve too. I think TF could tweak and improve this and come out with an excellent update. BTW, I thought the frame felt/played very nice indeed with Black Code.

gbphillips
03-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the input, esp on the strings as the black code does not seem as commonly used as the NRG and others. I would consider trying the 300 version, but like the extra weight for plow thru at the baseline and think it helps for serves also. In fact, out of 7 or 8 different rackets I demo'd this SF315 and the new Wilson Juice 100 were the standouts, and if you look at the specs they are very similar. The tie-breaker for me was the service game, seemed more solid and forgiving on slightly off-center serves and easier to get spin on serves. I've always heard, if you like a couple rackets, go with the one that "serves" better...