PDA

View Full Version : TWU Racquet Finder: PSTGT Twistweight Error?

TimothyO
03-10-2012, 02:02 AM
The TWU racquet finder shows a huge difference in twistweight between the 2011 PSTGT (15.8 ) and the 2009 version (12.2).

And yet the conventional wisdom is that only the pj changed. Since paint can't account for that huge difference which is correct?

I tried the 2011 version locally and if I buy a 2009 version online for less money I'd like to get something close to what I demo'd.

InfCross
03-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Interesting...

Also weight, balance, swigweight and frequence of vibration are different, but inside the margin of error I believe.

2 points difference in flex, that's palpable. 62 vs 64.

Twistweight 15.8 vs 12.2 !!!!

I have 2 PSTGTs 2011 models and the PJ change intrigates me. I saw 2 PSTGTs 2009 cracking and some ppl complaining that they crack a lot. Never heard about it on 2011 models. Maybe the PJ change hides some fixes, who knows.

PS:Timo, english is not my main language so to me regency is a biaatch..

TimothyO
03-10-2012, 04:40 AM
InfCross,

No worries about about language, understand you perfectly! :)

You notice same thing I did: other specs are close but huge difference in twist. No way to demo the 2009 so if I were to buy one it would hqve to be the 2011.

Happy with current frame but also enjoyed how the PSTGT played stock. The demo I tried was underweight and yesterday I managed to find one on the rack also under weight. I guess I should buy it while available. It was only 317g unstrung while the other ones I found were 324-326 unstrung.

InfCross
03-10-2012, 05:19 AM
The price difference is big, but I guess you liked the stick because of it's stability so twistweight is very important.

Let's wait and see if you have some replies from people who actually hit with both.

parasailing
03-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I didn't realize that there was a difference in twistweight but I read from others who demoed both, there is no difference between the two. I haven't had any issues with cracking on the 2009 model as I have 5 of those racquets. Besides, there is a new Pure Storm set to arrive next year and looking forward to getting one then to see how it goes.

InfCross
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I didn't realize that there was a difference in twistweight but I read from others who demoed both, there is no difference between the two. I haven't had any issues with cracking on the 2009 model as I have 5 of those racquets. Besides, there is a new Pure Storm set to arrive next year and looking forward to getting one then to see how it goes.

Well then the 2009 model is the best deal.

I didn't know we'll be getting a new PS line next year .. maybe carbon black with some neon red details? Would be cool !!

TimothyO
03-11-2012, 11:45 AM
A TW staff member gave me a number for Babolat. It was a direct extension within Babolat but the person had left for the day. Hopefully she'll return my call Monday. If they are the same the 2009 is a good deal.

I got another demo of the 2011 model. It's only 330g or ~11.6 oz strung, no overgrip. That's far lighter than anything shown by TW.

Which raises another issue. I'd much rather have something closer to 11.6 or 11.7 than 12.1. All are possible with the PSTGT. Which means the 2009 might be impossible since I can't get one locally to measure prior to purchase. Darn!