PDA

View Full Version : Help! Shoes that prevent sore toes

Guardian
03-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Hi, I'm looking to replace my Asics Gel Resolution 2 and would like to get some suggestions. My problem is that whenever I play for a long duration I end up with sore toes and black nails (bleeding). I have also tried the KSwiss Glaciator SCD, but found the Gel Resolution 2 to give me less pain.

My other criteria for the shoes are:
- medium or medium/low arch
- medium or medium/wide width
- prefferably a light shoe (not a must)
- good traction on hard/tarmac courts

Any suggestions, should I try the Gel Resolution 4? adidas barricade 7.0? Or any of the Nike shoes?

spoonmugen
03-10-2012, 08:25 AM
vapor tour 9

edman9898
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Try the new balance 1004 or Nike CB 4.3.

Guardian
03-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Thank you for your suggestions, I will have a look at the latest Nike shoes. Have not seen New Balance in any of the shops here in the UK. Any other suggestions or experiences (positive or negative)?

waginen
03-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I was having the same problem with barricades 5,6 also 7. Solved with Asics GR3. Now I have Asics GR4, Solutions and Nike ID 2k11. None of them give me the same problem as Barricades.

Champs990411
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Buy a half size up and wear two pairs of socks. Also, get the Sof Sole Custom and fit them to your feet and put them in, lace the sneaks tight, and you won't be slipping forward or jamming one bit. I'm glad I learned that. I'm a former BIG TIME sufferer. I've had to pull out of tourneys with it, wound up in the ER once when a nail got infected. And another time actually due to an ingrown nail growing back into my toe after falling out however many months earlier.

adista4
03-13-2012, 02:52 AM
have you tried adidas feathers?

Ramon
03-13-2012, 06:46 AM
have you tried adidas feathers?

I tried the adiZero Feathers, and the reason I stopped wearing them is that my toes got sore from jamming against the front of the shoe when I stop! I also heard the Barricades are notorious for that, so stay away from them if you don't want sore toes.

I'm wearing the Prince T10 right now. It's a great shoe. It's very stable and supportive. It has good room in the toe box and the design locks your foot in place so it doesn't slide and hurt your toes. The only problem is it's discontinued, but the T22 is the update, and it's one of the best selling tennis shoes. I think you should try the T22. I would not recommend the T24. I tried it at the store, and it's too big and clunky and feels very different from the T10 and T22.

ArliHawk
03-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Your socks could be part of the problem, too. I know I always feel like my feet ar sliding toward the front of the shoe when I wear thorlos or really thick socks. Thinner socks solved that problem for me.

Ronaldo
03-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Find a shoe with a wide, high toebox. Prince shoes with NFS were the best. Lace your shoes to lock-in your foot and keep it from sliding forward. http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ladderlacing.htm

coloskier
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Find a shoe with a wide, high toebox. Prince shoes with NFS were the best. Lace your shoes to lock-in your foot and keep it from sliding forward. http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ladderlacing.htm

Yes, cinching down the laces on the forefoot is very important to keep your heel locked in. One the shoes are broken in, you can loosen them, but still make it tight enough to keep your feet from sliding forward in the shoe.

Guardian
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the link! Is it really the case that tighter shoe laces help with sore toes? My experience has been the opposite, the more I tighten the laces the more pain I seem to get in my toes - maybe it's just the type of tennis shoe I'm using :confused:

So Prince seem to deliver the goods, again almost impossible to find Prince in tennis shops in the UK and it seems like a bit of a risk to order online without trying first.

Ronaldo
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the link! Is it really the case that tighter shoe laces help with sore toes? My experience has been the opposite, the more I tighten the laces the more pain I seem to get in my toes - maybe it's just the type of tennis shoe I'm using :confused:

So Prince seem to deliver the goods, again almost impossible to find Prince in tennis shops in the UK and it seems like a bit of a risk to order online without trying first.

This is the method I use to lock my heel in the shoe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btVx5hwf83w

hcb0804
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
SAS shoes. They will not hurt your toes.