PDA

View Full Version : Prince Exo3 Rebel 95: Stringing in 1 piece?

audioboy
03-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Is it possible to string Prince EXO3 Rebel 95 racket in 1-piece?

Prince instruction only mentiones 2-piece stringing with this racket.

Irvin
03-10-2012, 06:33 AM
With an ATW pattern you could do it but I wouldn't. Because this racket has an even number of crosses, you could also run every main on the long side except the last main then string all your crosses and go up on the last main to the top to tie off.

You are asking for trouble here. If you start on the wrong side it will not work. Better to string two piece.

RacquetDoctor
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Actually string them all the time 1 piece. The side that is marked the short side is the short side provided that you string 8 mains and the top cross. The longside you string 9, the bottom cross, up the 9th main then cross 2 to the bottom...piece of pie...

Mark

audioboy
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I have an very old two point stringinmachine. I have stringed all the rackets always in 1 piece. But the problem is, that I havenīt stringed this new rackets (I used to string a lot in late 80īs and early 90īs).

I have always started my stringin from the "lower left midlle side" of the racket". I first put the stopper about 3m from the start. Then I string the left side main strings. Then I do the first two right side main strings. Before I release the lock(brake) I put the brake to left sides first main string. Then I release a breake and string the rest main strings.

Then I just continue to cross strings. In cross strings I have different brake (for two strings). So I start the crosses from down or up....it depence if the mains are in pair or unpair number.

This I have been doing for many many years and many rackets.

Is this impossible way to string rackets nowdays?

audioboy
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Actually string them all the time 1 piece. The side that is marked the short side is the short side provided that you string 8 mains and the top cross. The longside you string 9, the bottom cross, up the 9th main then cross 2 to the bottom...piece of pie...

Mark

With my technique: I start the sringing from the first left side from the center. So the first not comes to left upper side of the racket.

Then I continue to string the mains....and start the crosses from the right upper side of the racket. Then I just string the crosses. The end not comes to right lower side of the racket.

Is there a problem in this tecnique?

Wikky
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I have an very old two point stringinmachine. I have stringed all the rackets always in 1 piece. But the problem is, that I havenīt stringed this new rackets (I used to string a lot in late 80īs and early 90īs).

I have always started my stringin from the "lower left midlle side" of the racket". I first put the stopper about 3m from the start. Then I string the left side main strings. Then I do the first two right side main strings. Before I release the lock(brake) I put the brake to left sides first main string. Then I release a breake and string the rest main strings.

Then I just continue to cross strings. In cross strings I have different brake (for two strings). So I start the crosses from down or up....it depence if the mains are in pair or unpair number.

This I have been doing for many many years and many rackets.

Is this impossible way to string rackets nowdays?

From what you're describing I don't think its impossible its just very frowned upon. Most stringers believe doing an entire side of mains puts to much stress on the racquet and can cause it to warp or break. If you look around there are many videos and threads showing improved ways of starting the main strings and crosses.

ricki
03-16-2013, 07:12 AM

Mark

Anyone know how where to make knot to finish 8th main on long side (I leave 9th main on long side for string comming from short side through 1st top cross) ? I finish 8th main on long side in shared hole and there is no other shared hole nearby to knot it.

jcollura4
03-19-2013, 04:28 PM
You can, but you must string ATW because if you string crosses from bottom to top, you will void your warranty