PDA

View Full Version : Is federer now only good enough to win those 500/250 points mickey mouse tourneys??

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 04:50 AM
After watching federer I realized that he is now only good enough to win little micky mouse tourneys!! There was once a time when he used to be a grand slam contender but now his main forte is mickey mouse tourneys..:)

laughingbuddha
03-10-2012, 04:54 AM
So I presume that you started watching tennis last month?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis
Thats just for a start.

Atpworldtour.com is the official ATP website.

Welcome to tennis!

Carsomyr
03-10-2012, 04:59 AM
So I presume that you started watching tennis last month?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis
Thats just for a start.

Atpworldtour.com is the official ATP website.

Welcome to tennis!

:lol:

That was pretty funny.

Wilander Fan
03-10-2012, 05:01 AM
I realize your trolling but Fed won the last 1000 played (Paris) and the WTF. IIRC, Fed has only lost one match since the US Open (and a walkover).

ernestsgulbisfan#1
03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
After watching federer I realized that he is now only good enough to win little micky mouse tourneys!! There was once a time when he used to be a grand slam contender but now his main forte is mickey mouse tourneys..:)

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/seriousdgif.gif

The Bawss
03-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Lol. No tournament is "mickey mouse" when you have to beat Del potro or Murray to win it.

devila
03-10-2012, 06:06 AM
del potro who?
roddick is the trophy lover of federer. winning...

purge
03-10-2012, 06:35 AM
del potro who?

del potro who? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilB9uEcfZDA&feature=related

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 07:00 AM
del potro who?

Truth is hard to accept).

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/seriousdgif.gif

I realize your trolling but Fed won the last 1000 played (Paris) and the WTF. IIRC, Fed has only lost one match since the US Open (and a walkover).

winning when others are not playing well or are injured/tired/not-interested constitutes as mickey mouse!!:)

joechiang
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Is Nadal now only good enough to win nothing?KIDDING!!!:P

Biscuitmcgriddleson
03-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Totally. Federer is lucky to even be on the ATP tour. I mean the only reason he was allowed on it was due to intense lobbying by the Swiss Tennis Federation. I can't believe he even won a major let alone 16. Also winning the WTF last year was a fluke. Nadal and Djoker were tired from trolling the tour for the year.

Seriously, get a clue. We have had one major this year and are just entering the first American hard court swing. I know you Love Rafa, but weak weak weak attempt at trolling and making your boy look good.

Tammo
03-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Usually TTW is spamed by goose bags and animal skins, not by crazy Nadal fans.

monfed
03-10-2012, 07:20 AM
This place is getting overrun by *******s. How many do I ignore? :-?

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Totally. Federer is lucky to even be on the ATP tour. I mean the only reason he was allowed on it was due to intense lobbying by the Swiss Tennis Federation. I can't believe he even won a major let alone 16. Also winning the WTF last year was a fluke. Nadal and Djoker were tired from trolling the tour for the year.

Seriously, get a clue. We have had one major this year and are just entering the first American hard court swing. I know you Love Rafa, but weak weak weak attempt at trolling and making your boy look good.

I have no doubt that he is rIdiculously good..but he just plays a tad better in small tourneys and of course best of 3 sets help him a lot..

purge
03-10-2012, 07:35 AM

winning when others are not playing well or are injured/tired/not-interested constitutes as mickey mouse!!:)
ah yes.. i forgot that only the tournaments in which nadal is at his absolute best will count since whenever he isnt at his best he surely isnt trying, or he is injured or tired. stunning how he is undefeated whenever he cares enough to try

saying that fed is no longer a slam contender is beyond ludicrous

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Better than the nothing Nadal has won over the past year. You do realize he hasn't won a thing since RG 2011,right? That's pathetic for someone ranked as high as he is.

monfed
03-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Better than the nothing Nadal has won over the past year. You do realize he hasn't won a thing since RG 2011,right? That's pathetic for someone ranked as high as he is.

His cycle begins in the clay season,although I'm looking forward to you explaining why he wont win there too. :lol:

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 07:58 AM
ah yes.. i forgot that only the tournaments in which nadal is at his absolute best will count since whenever he isnt at his best he surely isnt trying, or he is injured or tired. stunning how he is undefeated whenever he cares enough to try

saying that fed is no longer a slam contender is beyond ludicrous
I am not saying that he is not a contender in slams,but he just goes awol in semis or finals...he breezes thru every one but as he reaches the semis or finals he just goes "kaput"

Just wait till MC..after which the flood gates will open...:)

The Bawss
03-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I am not saying that he is not a contender in slams,but he just goes awol in semis or finals...he breezes thru every one but as he reaches the semis or finals he just goes "kaput"

Just wait till MC..after which the flood gates will open...:)

MC is a joke. It should not be a MS1000, if it's not mandatory, it's not worth being a masters.

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
His cycle begins in the clay season,although I'm looking forward to you explaining why he wont win there too. :lol:

I was defending Roger from such an idiotic thread like this being started about him. And what I said is true. Nadal has not won squat since RG 2011. Not sure exactly why you felt the need to respond the way you did,but I should expect it from the majority of the Fed fans on here.

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 08:08 AM
MC is a joke. It should not be a MS1000, if it's not mandatory, it's not worth being a masters.

Tushy is also forgetting that Djesus is playing MC this year. Not a chance in the hottest part of h*ll Nadal wins it with him playing there.

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Tushy is also forgetting that Djesus is playing MC this year. Not a chance in the hottest part of h*ll Nadal wins it with him playing there.
Never say Never...What is he wins??? :)

I was defending Roger from such an idiotic thread like this being started about him. And what I said is true. Nadal has not won squat since RG 2011. Not sure exactly why you felt the need to respond the way you did,but I should expect it from the majority of the Fed fans on here.
Fed fans would give u hug and kisses for this..Djoko4thewin is waiting behind bushes for u...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Bawss
03-10-2012, 08:54 AM

That is true. Haha Good luck Rafa! He'll be lucky to take a set.

Mainad
03-10-2012, 08:57 AM

You never know though. Someone, Murray for instance, might take out 'Djesus' before he can get to the final!

Sentinel
03-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Excellent thread, Sir.

Soon Fed will start playing challengers, then Futures, then Junior events, then U-12, U-10 etc. Hope you will keep rooting for him through his descent to GOATHood.

celoft
03-11-2012, 07:36 AM
WTF is no mm. Neither is Paris Bercy.

Wake me up when Nadal wins even a mm title off clay. :lol:

He can only win titles on clay nowadays.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
WTF is no mm. Neither is Paris Bercy.

Wake me up when Nadal wins even a mm title off clay. :lol:

He can only win titles on clay nowadays.

You know we could say the same thing about Fed,who has only won,iirc,3 masters on clay in his entire career. Nadal is a dirtballer,but he has still won masters outside of clay as well,even if they are few and far between.

abmk
03-11-2012, 07:43 AM
You know we could say the same thing about Fed,who has only won,iirc,3 masters on clay in his entire career. Nadal is a dirtballer,but he has still won masters outside of clay as well,even if they are few and far between.

5 masters - 4 hamburg and 1 madrid .....

same no as nadal on HC - though no of HC masters are twice in number as CC masters .....

monfed
03-11-2012, 07:46 AM

What was Fed supposed to do when he was meeting Ralph(king of clay) in countless clay finals? Fed didn't have SUCH a stranglehold on HC as far as I know.
There were tournies to be won and defended since HC is a majority of the tour, Djokovic did it,Nalbandian did it, so no excuse for Ralph(if you wanna call him an A grade HCer).

Take Nadal out, Fed would have 6 RGs(tied with Borg) and how many clay masters. Gee let me go back and see those stats.

Infact Ralph has a 5-1 H2H on outdoor HC against Fed(which the *******s so pompously brag about) so why doesn't his resume show more HC titles?

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 08:02 AM
What was Fed supposed to do when he was meeting Ralph(king of clay) in countless clay finals? Fed didn't have SUCH a stranglehold on HC as far as I know.
There were tournies to be won and defended since HC is a majority of the tour, Djokovic did it,Nalbandian did it, so no excuse for Ralph(if you wanna call him an A grade HCer).Take Nadal out, Fed would have 6 RGs(tied with Borg) and how many clay masters. Gee let me go back and see those stats.

Infact Ralph has a 5-1 H2H on outdoor HC against Fed(which the *******s so pompously brag about) so why doesn't his resume show more HC titles?

I don't because he's not even close. Celoft seems to take great pleasure in rubbing it in that Nadal is a dirt baller. All I did was point out that he has won titles off of clay as well,even if they are a rarity.

And who cares about this silly "King of Clay" crap? Fed is goat,and maybe if he had been less stubborn and changed his game a bit when playing Nadal he wouldn't have lost all those times to him on clay. Fed is good enough to do it so I will never understand why he didn't. This isn't like the Djesus-Nadal match-up where there is nothing Nadal can do to beat him. He's not good enough to change anything up,but Fed is.

All-rounder
03-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Insecure Fed fans taking a dig at Nadal when he has made 3 straight slam finals. Compared to Olderer who hasn't won major in 2 years.....

Homeboy Hotel
03-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Micky Mouse tourneys?

Well, instead of you all banging your heads together you can just simply look at Federer himself for the answer.

His match point reaction to each tier of tournament sums it all up nicely when he...
Wins a slam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvG4VpHSvUU#t=12m22s).
Wins the WTF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws76Tj63H5Y#t=12m14s)
Wins a 1000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptXcINisIU#t=7m51s)
Wins a 500 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeFHPXGH4g#t=1h48m24s)

It's remarkable how the energy in his reaction differers so much. It's the same celebration though, kinda like he's already preplanned his celebration when he wins. Some elegant motion of raising the arms, looking at Mirky to notify her 'shes getting it tonight' and then punching the air.

Thus its clear, Federer's not happy he's just peaking where he is in his 30's. It's still very high in the tennis world, but he wants to go that one higher, again.

celoft
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
5 masters - 4 hamburg and 1 madrid .....

same no as nadal on HC - though no of HC masters are twice in number as CC masters .....

Exactly.
Federer defended a title on clay.
Nadal has never defended a title off clay.

monfed
03-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't because he's not even close. Celoft seems to take great pleasure in rubbing it in that Nadal is a dirt baller. All I did was point out that he has won titles off of clay as well,even if they are a rarity.

Sounds fair.

And who cares about this silly "King of Clay" crap?

6 RGs and counting, 14 clay masters, longest single-surface winning streak of 81 matches, 67-1 in a best of 5 matches on clay.

Fed is goat,and maybe if he had been less stubborn and changed his game a bit when playing Nadal he wouldn't have lost all those times to him on clay. Fed is good enough to do it so I will never understand why he didn't

Fed came close on a couple of occassions(Rome 06 especially) but he was outplayed almost 90% of the time in most of their matches. It was always a slope too steep to climb for Fed.

This isn't like the Djesus-Nadal match-up where there is nothing Nadal can do to beat him. He's not good enough to change anything up,but Fed is.

Actually it is 100x worse(I've already explained why) but you're not gonna agree so let's just leave it at that. No biggie ;)

monfed
03-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Micky Mouse tourneys?

Well, instead of you all banging your heads together you can just simply look at Federer himself for the answer.

His match point reaction to each tier of tournament sums it all up nicely when he...
Wins a slam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvG4VpHSvUU#t=12m22s).
Wins the WTF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws76Tj63H5Y#t=12m14s)
Wins a 1000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptXcINisIU#t=7m51s)
Wins a 500 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeFHPXGH4g#t=1h48m24s)

It's remarkable how the energy in his reaction differers so much. It's the same celebration though, kinda like he's already preplanned his celebration when he wins. Some elegant motion of raising the arms, looking at Mirky to notify her 'shes getting it tonight' and then punching the air.

Thus its clear, Federer's not happy he's just peaking where he is in his 30's. It's still very high in the tennis world, but he wants to go that one higher, again.

That really hurt. :neutral:

Btw,that must've taken a long time to compose. :shock:

Leto
03-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Fed is good enough to win the odd slam/1000 event, but ONLY if he really dedicates himself, and even then, would still need a bit of luck in the draw.

Djoker/Nadal may also benefit a bit from luck of the draw, but given Fed's age, I think he needs that luck noticeably more than they do.

Gorecki
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Insecure Fed fans taking a dig at Nadal when he has made 3 straight slam finals. Compared to Olderer who hasn't won major in 2 years.....

i'm sorry, but did you fail to read the thread title and OP?

devila
03-11-2012, 10:01 AM

fed only faced heroic fighters and dominated the world, like in the oiympics, davis cup ties, and high bounce clay and fast hardcourts.... oh wait, never mind.

devila
03-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Micky Mouse tourneys?

fed even loved talking about "elegance" in his tennis channel interview,
after every mcenroe brother hugged him and professed their "love"
for his game, "dominance" & personality. john mcenroe enjoyed saying "fed has a sh it-eating grin". LOLOLOLOLOL
poor old declining federerererer.

Homeboy Hotel
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
That really hurt. :neutral:

Btw,that must've taken a long time to compose. :shock:

You'd think, but I just went on youtube and thought of the latest few tournaments he's won. Quick link. Eaaasy.

cknobman
03-12-2012, 08:13 AM
This thread stinks more than todays morning turd.

OP your a fool as others have stated he wont the last masters event and the WTF.

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM

They will argue with you, but when he loses they will agree with you and claim he is only an old man and more can not be expected from him, also bad match up.

billnepill
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
They will argue with you, but when he loses they will agree with you and claim he is only an old man and more can not be expected from him, also bad match up.

And "they" would state the facts. Federer is old in tennis terms. Look at the history to get some trending if interested. The wine analogy doesn't work in tennis.

I would add nadal's improvement on all surfaces and the slow conditions which decided things in his favor completely. It is not even close these days when they play on slow hard. And in 2009 federer lost in a close AO match in which he won more points. IMO it is a combination of fed declining, slower courts/ balls and nadal improvement.

You know the bad match-up was always there.

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
And "they" would state the facts. Federer is old in tennis terms. Look at the history to get some trending if interested. The wine analogy doesn't work in tennis.

I would add nadal's improvement on all surfaces and the slow conditions which decided things in his favor completely. It is not even close these days when they play on slow hard. And in 2009 federer lost in a close AO match in which he won more points. IMO it is a combination of fed declining, slower courts/ balls and nadal improvement.

You know the bad match-up was always there.

Bill, you will just have to accept the fact that the courts slowed down back in 2001. Also, Federer plays just as well on the slow courts as he does fast. He was losing to a far lesser version to Nadal on hard courts back then as well.

The thing that you don't get is that you are making two excuses. You are saying that the courts are only now recently slower (which is false) and that Federer is old. However, if "slow" courts are such a detriment to Federer's game and he is so old then surely he could not perform at such a high level only losing consistently to the same players that he previously consistently lost to.

Federer is an old man when he actually starts playing like one.

billnepill
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Bill, you will just have to accept the fact that the courts slowed down back in 2001. Also, Federer plays just as well on the slow courts as he does fast. He was losing to a far lesser version to Nadal on hard courts back then as well.

The thing that you don't get is that you are making two excuses. You are saying that the courts are only now recently slower (which is false) and that Federer is old. However, if "slow" courts are such a detriment to Federer's game and he is so old then surely he could not perform at such a high level only losing consistently to the same players that he previously consistently lost to.

I agree courts were slowed down back in the beginning of last decade, but from comments and opinions one can incur the process is ongoing. There was a video showing the difference of pace in Wimbledon between 2003 and 2008 for example. The speed was reduced by 10 mph iirc. You almost certainly have heard of the perception of this year's playing conditions in Ao. There are many more examples with possibly the exception being fo 2011 which faster due to babolat balls

Again, nadal is tougher to beat on slow - medium paced hc than let's say 2006 but I personally feel federer is not the same player he was back then. The results against the field display that. I don't see how you can claim the opposite as the hard data clearly indicates you are wrong

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Look, Federer is losing to the same guys as before. Slow court fast court all the results are the same. Take for instance Dubai, the results are not different from any other slow court tournament. Federer had no problem winning all those "slow" court tournaments this year against the likes of Novak and Nadal, now did he?

Just like with WTF, when it looked like he might lose they started claiming that the court was as slow as the AO. However, he ended up winning a very close match against Nadal and all of a sudden it is a fast court again. The reality is exactly what all the ***** predicted, any tournament Nadal won would now be deemed slow, and what ever Federer won would be deemed fast by those fanboys.

I agree courts were slowed down back in the beginning of last decade, but from comments and opinions one can incur the process is ongoing. There was a video showing the difference of pace in Wimbledon between 2003 and 2008 for example. The speed was reduced by 10 mph iirc. You almost certainly have heard of the perception of this year's playing conditions in Ao. There are many more examples with possibly the exception being fo 2011 which faster due to babolat balls

Again, nadal is tougher to beat on slow - medium paced hc than let's say 2006 but I personally feel federer is not the same player he was back then. The results against the field display that. I don't see how you can claim the opposite as the hard data clearly indicates you are wrong

FlashFlare11
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Look, Federer is losing to the same guys as before. Slow court fast court all the results are the same. Take for instance Dubai, the results are not different from any other slow court tournament. Federer had no problem winning all those "slow" court tournaments this year against the likes of Novak and Nadal, now did he?

Just like with WTF, when it looked like he might lose they started claiming that the court was as slow as the AO. However, he ended up winning a very close match against Nadal and all of a sudden it is a fast court again. The reality is exactly what all the ***** predicted, any tournament Nadal won would now be deemed slow, and what ever Federer won would be deemed fast by those fanboys.

I don't know who was calling it fast. If I recall, the court wasn't exactly fast, but the bounce was kept low enough for Federer to take Nadal's forehands with his backhand. In my opinion, that is the only reason Nadal hasn't beaten Federer indoors; Nadal high forehand to Federer's backhand is totally nullified.

zagor
03-15-2012, 12:04 AM

But he indeed is playing like an old man, his tennis is so flat, subpeak, sloppy and uninspired these days that I don't know how anyone could argue the claim that he is indeed an old man in tennis terms.

Furthemore according to you players decline at the age of 24 which would make Fed 6 years past his best tennis, that's such a long period, LOL.

purge
03-18-2012, 10:28 PM
i see the list of tourneys that must fall into the mickey mouse category keeps getting longer and longer...

DMan
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
i see the list of tourneys that must fall into the mickey mouse category keeps getting longer and longer...

Especially those "mickey mouse" tournaments Nadal has won recently. I'll list ALL the tournaments of ANY kind Nadal has won in the last 9 months:

Don't see NOTHING? Oh, that's right: Nadal has not won a tournament in 9 months! I don't recall Federer ever going that long without winning a tournament?

Maybe Nadal can enter some of those "lame" 'mickey mouse' tournaments and win one, eh?

DarthFed
03-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Especially those "mickey mouse" tournaments Nadal has won recently. I'll list ALL the tournaments of ANY kind Nadal has won in the last 9 months:

Don't see NOTHING? Oh, that's right: Nadal has not won a tournament in 9 months! I don't recall Federer ever going that long without winning a tournament?

Maybe Nadal can enter some of those "lame" 'mickey mouse' tournaments and win one, eh?

2011, won Doha, didnt win again until Basel...10 month title drought. Just have to state facts :(

Sentinel
03-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Mogambo khush hua. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._India)

:D

jokinla
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Whooooooops!!

kishnabe
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes Paris Indoors, WTF, and IW are mickey mouse tournaments!

Hitman
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Here is the only Mickey Mouse tournament.

http://www.mirosport.net/wp-content/uploads/Nadal-Poses-with-Mickey-Mouse-at-Paris-Disneyland.jpg

Nothing wrong with winning a Mickey Mouse event, is there? :)

Nathaniel_Near
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, he didn't win a Slam recently but he has won two 1000's and the WTF's, not bad!

Fedex
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Didn't you see. Federer is undeclining.

kragster
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I think Fed is only good enough now to win mickey mouse events like grand slams and masters.

I doubt he will ever win the real macho events like Cincy again.

Hitman
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Fed's heayweight titles.

4 AO
4 IW
2 Miami
4 Hamburg
2 Madrid
1 RG
6 W
2 Canada
2 Cincy
5 USO
1 Paris Indoors
6 WTF

Holds record now for most masters 1000s (shared with Rafa), most slams, and most WTF. Not bad going.

tudwell
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Federer has 4 Cincy titles.

FlashFlare11
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Is this going to become like the Cincy thread? Doomed to eternal life by being revived everytime Federer wins?

BounceHitBounceHit
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Clearly he is woefully past his prime. Poor guy................. ;) I am also certain he's terribly concerned by what folks on the internet think of his play. :twisted: BHBH

Shangri La
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree with OP. Federer is now only good enough to beat those mickey mouse level players.

Like Nadal.

Vamos!

Agassifan
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
He beats up on turds like Nadal and Murray.

FlashFlare11
07-09-2012, 05:58 AM
How could we have forgotten to revive this gem?

Is Wimbledon now considered to be a "Mickey Mouse" tournament?

Feather
07-09-2012, 06:01 AM

Mickey mouse Wimbledon, hehe :)

Sentinel
07-09-2012, 06:19 AM

Well ... WO is certainly a "cheesy, glorified exhibition" like WTF, especially with the ROOF.

Tennis was supposed to be an outdoorsy thing, so this wasn't even tennis. Second, they put the roof on just to make Roger win, otherwise he would have been blown off by that French qualifier Julius Benito in R3 like he almost did by Goffin in RG.

Blue clay, slippery grass, roof on WO, what is this world coming to ... anything to make Roger win.

:)

merlinpinpin
07-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Wimbledon can't be considered proper tennis as long as the All England Lawn Tennis Club refuses to play on red grass anyway...

opiate
07-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Well ... WO is certainly a "cheesy, glorified exhibition" like WTF, especially with the ROOF.

Tennis was supposed to be an outdoorsy thing, so this wasn't even tennis. Second, they put the roof on just to make Roger win, otherwise he would have been blown off by that French qualifier Julius Benito in R3 like he almost did by Goffin in RG.

Blue clay, slippery grass, roof on WO, what is this world coming to ... anything to make Roger win.

You forget, even crappy linesmen and umpires, they make crappy calls to make roger go angry. you know. when he turns green and go... "Rogerrrr... Smaaassshhh"

tennis_pro
07-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Is Nadal now only good enough to win on clay these days?

Besides, this thread was utter FAIL from the get go as Fed won the WTF in 2011. Unless you consider that mickey mouse...

opiate
07-09-2012, 06:32 AM

Besides, this thread was utter FAIL from the get go as Fed won the WTF in 2011. Unless you consider that mickey mouse...

well, it's called WTF, FFS.

/grin

Agassifan
07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Lol...........

FlashFlare11
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM

Well, a certain someone has never won it. Therefore, it is a MM tournament. I'm sure you know all about that, however.

Well said, sir!

SLD76
07-09-2012, 07:22 AM

any tournament after USO that rafa hasnt won is irrelevant.

except for the one in tokyo that he won, which shows his HC dominance. :)

Dark Victory
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM
It's important that Fed continue to win smaller events, Masters Series...

It helps build momentum, confidence, sharpness.

If leading into the Wimbledon, Roger's neglected smaller tourneys and his results thus far read something like:

WTF - QF
AUSTRALIAN OPEN - R4
Rotterdam - Lost QF
Dubai - Lost QF
Indian Wells - Lost R3
Miami - Lost R2
Madrid - Lost R1
Rome - Lost SF
FRENCH OPEN - Lost R4
Halle - Lost QF

What would his chances at winning a slam look like?

You don't win slams in a performance vacuum.

Fed won Wimbledon because of the consistently good form he's had even at a relatively advanced age.

SLD76
07-09-2012, 07:28 AM
It's important that Fed continue to win smaller events, Masters Series...

It helps build momentum, confidence, sharpness.

If leading into the Wimbledon, Roger's neglected smaller tourneys and his results thus far read something like:

WTF - QF
AUSTRALIAN OPEN - R4
Rotterdam - Lost QF
Dubai - Lost QF
Indian Wells - Lost R3
Miami - Lost R2
Madrid - Lost R1
Rome - Lost SF
FRENCH OPEN - Lost R4
Halle - Lost QF

What would his chances at winning a slam look like?

You don't win slams in a performance vacuum.

Fed won Wimbledon because of the consistently good form he's had even at a relatively advanced age.

too true. I remember commentators at one of those tournaments saying that when annacone first got on board, they wanted to focus only on the majors. And after some bad majors losses( Soderling, Berdych, Tsonga), they decided they needed to concentrate on the smaller events and masters to give him the confidence and match fitness to play well at the majors.

I cant help but think that dubai final against murray, on a relatively fast surface there, helped him on sunday. And murray had played well in dubai, he served great and beat down djoker in 2.

Omega_7000
07-10-2012, 03:54 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvkl6eAa11qcryjz.gif

purge
07-10-2012, 04:00 AM
ah yes.. i was waiting for this one to be dug up again :D

i cant wait for cincy now -.-

PrinceMoron
07-10-2012, 04:12 AM
Djokovich has never been invited to the magic kingdom.

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/nadal5.jpg%3Fw%3D620

http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Federer_Nadal_Disney.jpg

opiate
07-10-2012, 05:39 AM

Gosh Donald, put some pants on will ya!

PrinceMoron
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Gosh Donald, put some pants on will ya!
No tennis shoes either.

ZeroSkid
07-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Federer needs a roof

smoledman
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Djokovich has never been invited to the magic kingdom.

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/nadal5.jpg%3Fw%3D620

LOL!!!!! 10 chars

ledwix
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Thrice upon a time, Federer was ranked #1 in the world, and still is!

Swissv2
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
lol, why does Fed look like he is scared in that picture???

Omega_7000
07-10-2012, 06:31 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1236682025_slow_motion_slap.gif

drakulie
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x89/edwardbayntun/gifs/SavingPrivateRyan2.gif

ZeroSkid
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
tusharlovesrafa is right, Fed was only able to win by cheating and having a roof

Avles
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
tusharlovesrafa is right, Fed was only able to win by cheating and having a roof

Also, he is a toast.

TheOneHander
07-10-2012, 08:06 PM

Sorry, missed the cheating part :confused:

Mainad
07-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Is federer now only good enough to win those 500/250 points mickey mouse tourneys??

Evidently not! :cool:

tusharlovesrafa
07-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Also, he is a toast.

well,he proved me wrong..I knew he's gonna do well this wimbly,specially after Rafa lost.He got an added incentive to try even harder,as he knew his slayer won't be there in the final.

ZeroSkid
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM

fake back injuries, calling a medical when he was 2 sets to love down, he would of lost the match for sure

stringertom
07-10-2012, 10:00 PM

It was obvious he applied a foreign substance to the soles of Murray's Barricades on the changeover prior to the 2-3 service game in Set 3. How else could one man slip FOUR times in one game?

zagor
07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
fake back injuries, calling a medical when he was 2 sets to love down, he would of lost the match for sure

Actually, he called a MTO in the middle of the 1st set against Malisse and lost his serve soon after.

When he was down 2-0 against Benneteau he didn't complain or ask an MTO of any sort.

BTW. The last time Fed asked an MTO before the match against Malisse was 4 years ago.

ZeroSkid
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Actually, he called a MTO in the middle of the 1st set against Malisse and lost his serve soon after.

When he was down 2-0 against Benneteau he didn't complain or ask an MTO of any sort.

BTW. The last time Fed asked an MTO before the match against Malisse was 4 years ago.

u need to watch the match again, fed cheated

TheOneHander
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM

Troll logic:

1) Troll post

2) Ignore facts

3) ???

4) Profit!

opiate
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Malisse Time Out!
he so fine, made the Goat take a time out. :)

15_ounce
07-11-2012, 12:01 AM

WOULD'VE !

15_ounce
07-11-2012, 12:07 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HIZ0zQRD-cU/T_05Ow-XwyI/AAAAAAAABGE/DtaJBowIE34/s1600/haha.jpg

PrinceMoron
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
WOULD'VE !
He would have done it if he'd of thought about it.

It is just parallelism, quite common really, and the schwa sound can be spelt how ever you like really. It is not as simple as pointing out that it is have not of.

Why is ought followed by to, but not must or should? What is that 'to' actually doing? It is the same reason, all to do with stress, rhythm and timing, reduced vowels and that reduced vowel in words like chocolate.

Trying to represent that sound with of is probably more accurate than by using have. And how many instances of Have are there in I'd 've bet on Federer if I'd 've known he was going to play like Federer? Are you sure about that? And why do you want to put that second 've in there? Some grammatical reason or it just sounds better?

kragster
07-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Since when has Wimbledon been any more than a Mickey Mouse tournament. Even 1 dimensional dirtballers like Nadal can win at Wimby. At best Wimby should be a 500.

/trolling

Raging Buddha
07-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Tushy is the ultimate thread jinx. :)

Omega_7000
07-22-2012, 07:44 AM

http://bucultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/owned9wz.jpg

Polaris
07-22-2012, 08:01 AM
fake back injuries, calling a medical when he was 2 sets to love down,
Which match were you watching? Or are you just trolling because you can? Posts like these remind me why I have curtailed my time on online message boards; a few bad apples spoil it for everyone.

he would of lost the match for sure
At least, learn to troll in proper English. You will sound more credible that way. Use "would've" :)

joeri888
07-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Federer hasn't won an ATP 250 in almost 2 years btw.

scineram
07-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Make that 1.5.

opiate
07-23-2012, 11:32 PM
btw, so, as early as the start of the US/canada hardcourt season, Fed can skip all the masters 1000 tournaments all he wants, and play all the mickey mouse tourneys his heart desires?

or does he have to wait for next year?

tusharlovesrafa
04-23-2013, 06:48 AM
I think the oracle has spoken,With the help of roof and rosol fed somehow manged to win one wimbly in 2012,I think again he is only good enough to win those mickey mouse tourneys?? what do you guys suggest?

Semi-Pro
04-23-2013, 07:03 AM
I think the oracle has spoken,With the help of roof and rosol fed somehow manged to win one wimbly in 2012,I think again he is only good enough to win those mickey mouse tourneys?? what do you guys suggest?

very well put tushar! you are correct!

tusharlovesrafa
04-23-2013, 07:04 AM
very well put tushar! you are correct!

Thnx,I like when people praise me....

NatF
04-23-2013, 07:17 AM

Both Djokovic and Murray are excellent players indoors, you argument is invalid. Federer had levelled the match and had the momentum before the roof closed anyway.

I don't know if Rafa would have even made it past Andy if they met in the Semi's anyway, either of them could have been too drained by the encounter to match Roger in the final.

In other words you're talking nonsense.

Brett UK
04-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Looks like some fed bashing here, but to be fair he is not going to win a french or australian open. He can win Wimbledon of course, and for the US Open it is possible but maybe only with a good draw. If he has a 5 setter in quarters or semis I dont think he has the legs to recover as we saw in the AU SF v Murray.

For Masters tourneys he can still win some of those but why should he care about them so much?

And for the WTF tourney he is favoured against all players except Nole.

Hopefully this is a fairer appraisal than some of the other posts on here.

Also, on HC I would suggest for Fed to try some extra aggressive tactics such as hitting much harder second serves and risk a double fault. Might as well if he is winning less than 40% on secnd serve and it takes the rythym away from the opponent.

Relinquis
04-23-2013, 07:21 AM
he won 3 masters 1000s last year (trouncing either Nadal or Djokovic in two of those) and a slam...

please make sense. thank you.

Sabratha
04-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Never count Federer out, he is capable of anything.

Goosehead
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM

I suggest you fall into a coma.

smoledman
04-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Excellent thread.

NEW_BORN
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Now that this thread is revived, Fed is bound to repeat his success when he returns.