PDA

View Full Version : Will Nadal and Fed be drawn in every semi...

billnepill
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM
...so far their ranking allows it.

The "random" draw could allow for nadal and fed to meet in the semi and then Djokovic and nadal in the final. Murray against Djokovic is more interesting too.
We have witnessed such coincidences before with fed and djok being 4567664567 in the same half. Do you believe same total randomness will happen to fedal as well?

Seems like they have found a good revenue model. Will they stick to it?

Mustard
03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
As we know, it's either seeds 1/3 in the top half and 2/4 in the bottom half, or it's seeds 1/4 in the top half and 2/3 in the bottom half. Players names are irrelevant to this.

FEDERERNADAL13
03-10-2012, 01:47 PM

The "random" draw could allow for nadal and fed to meet in the semi and then Djokovic and nadal in the final. Murray against Djokovic is more interesting too.
We have witnessed such coincidences before with fed and djok being 4567664567 in the same half. Do you believe same total randomness will happen to fedal as well?

I'm thinking that RG would not be too happy about Fed/Nad in the same half, they may want a shot at another Fed/Nad final

I would love to see a Fed/Nad final with Fed keeping up his first 7 game level from RG 2011. That would have made that match an epic. (Fed with sets one and 3, nadal with 2 and 4, who knows what happens in 5) ;)

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 01:49 PM

I hope not. Federer-Nadal outcomes in slams is getting pretty predictable. Federer can't really push Nadal to five sets anymore (maybe at the USO, but I don't think he can do it anywhere else).

With Murray (who is rapidly improving) on Nadal's half, the SFs become much more exciting. Murray is heavily capable of beating Nadal, and Federer-Djokovic matches are usually very even and are a joy to watch, no matter the winner. Even though Djokovic-Murray matches are pretty good, Nadal is basically a lock for a final if Federer is in his half (as a Federer fan, it really hurts me to say that).

FEDERERNADAL13
03-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I hope not. Federer-Nadal outcomes in slams is getting pretty predictable. Federer can't really push Nadal to five sets anymore (maybe at the USO, but I don't think he can do it anywhere else).

With Murray (who is rapidly improving) on Nadal's half, the SFs become much more exciting. Murray is heavily capable of beating Nadal, and Federer-Djokovic matches are usually very even and are a joy to watch, no matter the winner. Even though Djokovic-Murray matches are pretty good, Nadal is basically a lock for a final if Federer is in his half (as a Federer fan, it really hurts me to say that).

Fed-Murray FO final it is then :)

Fed in 2 is the only answer to this tennis related question :)

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Fed-Murray FO final it is then :)

Fed in 2 is the only answer to this tennis related question :)

That would be awesome!

Homeboy Hotel
03-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Only surface I'd rate Murray's chances beating him in a slam.

billnepill
03-10-2012, 02:09 PM
As we know, it's either seeds 1/3 in the top half and 2/4 in the bottom half, or it's seeds 1/4 in the top half and 2/3 in the bottom half. Players names are irrelevant to this.

We will wait for Miami. If they get drawn in 1 half again it will get fishy. There is a 12,5 % probability of nr 2 and nr 3 to be drawn in one half in 3 tourneys in a row...

laughingbuddha
03-10-2012, 02:33 PM
We will wait for Miami. If they get drawn in 1 half again it will get fishy. There is a 12,5 % probability of nr 2 and nr 3 to be drawn in one half in 3 tourneys in a row...

That is equally likely as any other sequence of three pairings.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
As long as we get Djokovic-Nadal final in the end, I don't care who plays who in the semis.

TTMR
03-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Only surface I'd rate Murray's chances beating him in a slam.

You have to be joking. Murray has a journeyman's winning percentage on clay. Federer has been the second best clay courter in the world since 2006, and only fell to third in 2011. Murray has the least chance of defeating Federer at the FO. Wimbledon is much more likely given recent results there and considering Murray's winning percentage on grass.

SLD76
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
You have to be joking. Murray has a journeyman's winning percentage on clay. Federer has been the second best clay courter in the world since 2006, and only fell to third in 2011. Murray has the least chance of defeating Federer at the FO. Wimbledon is much more likely given recent results there and considering Murray's winning percentage on grass.

Actually..im liking murray's chances better at the USO.

MichaelNadal
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
As long as we get Djokovic-Nadal final in the end, I don't care who plays who in the semis.

Surely you're tired of Nadal holding dinner plates by now.

Sentinel
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
As long as Fole wins RG, i don't care about the semis.

sbengte
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Yes, I think so. I already implied this in a couple of other threads. Except for a couple of masters perhaps, expect Fed-Nadal on the same half in all slams and 9/10 times in general.
It will be interesting to see this new "pattern" now that Murray appears to be more of a threat than Djokovic , whose form and fitness has definitely gone down compared to last year. It is a lose-lose situation for Fed and a win-win for Nadal. i.e Fed would be better off if he were drawing a weakened Djoker now compared to Nadal and Nadal would be worse off drawing an improved Murray now compared to his bunny.

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, I think so. I already implied this in a couple of other threads. Except for a couple of masters perhaps, expect Fed-Nadal on the same half in all slams and 9/10 times in general.
It will be interesting to see this new "pattern" now that Murray appears to be more of a threat than Djokovic , whose form and fitness has definitely gone down compared to last year. It is a lose-lose situation for Fed and a win-win for Nadal. i.e Fed would be better off if he were drawing a weakened Djoker now compared to Nadal and Nadal would be worse off drawing an improved Murray now compared to his bunny.

Why? Because he lost in Dubai? He looks to be playing just fine to me. He won his match today with no trouble at all. Besides,Murray can be flakey so there is no guarantee he will even make it to the semi to face Djesus. Fed,otoh,is playing great and is a lock to make it to the semi,and is my pick to make it out of his half of the draw and into the final.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Surely you're tired of Nadal holding dinner plates by now.

I'll never get tired of Nadal leading Djokovic H2H, and that will always be the case. You watch Nadal push his lead up from the current 16-14 (and 5-3 at slams).

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll never get tired of Nadal leading Djokovic H2H, and that will always be the case. You watch Nadal push his lead up from the current 16-14 (and 5-3 at slams).

Are you for real,dude? :lol:

MichaelNadal
03-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Are you for real,dude? :lol:

Im really starting to wonder.

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Someone else on here said he is most likely a Fed fan posing as a Nadal fan to stir the ***** into an even bigger frenzy against Nadal. As crazy as that sounds I am starting to wonder if it isn't true considering some of the stuff he posts. Lol.

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Someone else on here said he is most likely a Fed fan posing as a Nadal fan to stir the ***** into an even bigger frenzy against Nadal. As crazy as that sounds I am starting to wonder if it isn't true considering some of the stuff he posts. Lol.

I agree. I mean, I like seeing Nadal fans being optimistic about him. But, come on. Saying Nadal will absolutely win their next match without a doubt is really pushing it, especially since Nadal their last match.

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 08:38 PM
did u ever notice that nadalwon and ********* never post together?? when one starts posting then other goes away and vice versa...

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
did u ever notice that nadalwon and ********* never post together?? when one starts posting then other goes away and vice versa...

Yup, and neither do those two and RAFA2005RG.

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Why? Because he lost in Dubai? He looks to be playing just fine to me. He won his match today with no trouble at all. Besides,Murray can be flakey so there is no guarantee he will even make it to the semi to face Djesus. Fed,otoh,is playing great and is a lock to make it to the semi,and is my pick to make it out of his half of the draw and into the final.

I would like to bump what I said earlier about Murray. Seems as if I was right about this one. :lol:

Djesus will win this title without dropping a set.

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 09:29 PM
I would like to bump what I said earlier about Murray. Seems as if I was right about this one. :lol:

Federer could beat him, if he makes it past Nadal and the rest of his nightmare draw, that is.

By the way, did you watch Nadal's doubles match? How's he looking after a month off?

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Federer could beat him, if he makes it past Nadal and the rest of his nightmare draw, that is.

By the way, did you watch Nadal's doubles match? How's he looking after a month off?

It wasn't streamed anywhere so I have no idea how well he played. I am assuming he was rusty. He will probably mug it up tomorrow in his match just like Andy did in his. Lol.

FlashFlare11
03-10-2012, 09:37 PM
It wasn't streamed anywhere so I have no idea how well he played. I am assuming he was rusty. He will probably mug it up tomorrow in his match just like Andy did in his. Lol.

Yeah, I imagine. I've never heard of Leonardo Mayer before, so it should be an interesting match tomorrow.

monfed
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I imagine. I've never heard of Leonardo Mayer before, so it should be an interesting match tomorrow.

Mayer for the upset! :twisted:

Clarky21
03-10-2012, 09:48 PM

I've heard of him,but I have never seen him play. Nadal ALWAYS struggles when he hasn't played for a while,and he ALWAYS struggles with guys he has never played before. He's going to be up against it tomorrow for sure.

tusharlovesrafa
03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Yup, and neither do those two and RAFA2005RG.
Yup,and how can we forget vamosfire and vamospunch...

MichaelNadal
03-11-2012, 05:52 AM
I've heard of him,but I have never seen him play. Nadal ALWAYS struggles when he hasn't played for a while,and he ALWAYS struggles with guys he has never played before. He's going to be up against it tomorrow for sure.

Come on Clarky, Rafa's probably gonna steamroll this guy, he's been practicing his *** off.

Sentinel
03-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Astute observation, my friend.

We have noticed the same thing about you and some others :D

Sentinel
03-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Come on Clarky, Rafa's probably gonna steamroll this guy, he's been practicing his *** off.
Rafa, in his current state, totally rusty and unable to get into his clothes without tearing the seams can only beat Federer. No one else. He's in *that* bad shape.

laughingbuddha
03-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Raphael always is exhausted after 6-month rests.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 06:56 AM
I bet anyone here their online existence that Nadal will beat Leonardo Mayer at this here 2012 Indian Wells. If Nadal wins then anyone who backs Mayer in this bet will never post at talk tennis again. If Mayor wins then I will never post at talk tennis again. Who wants to say Nadal will lose to Mayer?

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 06:57 AM

We'll see,but based on current history I would say that it is unlikely.

Hitman
03-11-2012, 10:42 AM

LOL! Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind a few times also. :)

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Are you for real,dude?

75% 1st serves in.
96% 1st serves won.
67% 2nd serves won.
19 winners.
4 unforced errors.
6-1 6-3.
75 minutes.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Are you for real,dude?

75% 1st serves in.
96% 1st serves won.
67% 2nd serves won.
19 winners.
4 unforced errors.
6-1 6-3.
75 minutes.

She's a woman.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Are you for real,dude?

75% 1st serves in.
96% 1st serves won.
67% 2nd serves won.
19 winners.
4 unforced errors.
6-1 6-3.
75 minutes.

I see you have logged on using yet another one of your many aliases :lol:. And I don't give a crap about those stats. Nadal still has no ros or a bh. His serve is also still iffy,and if Mayer had returned half way decently that would have been exposed,too.

He ain't beating Djesus playing the way he did today. Shoot,he probably ain't beating any top player playing like that.

Oh,and like Flashflare said,I am a woman,not a "dude".:)

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
She's a woman.

Yeah, right.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I see you have logged on using yet another one of your many aliases :lol:. And I don't give a crap about those stats. Nadal still has no ros or a bh. His serve is also still iffy,and if Mayer had returned half way decently that would have been exposed,too.

He ain't beating Djesus playing the way he did today. Shoot,he probably ain't beating any top player playing like that.

Oh,and like Flashflare said,I am a woman,not a "dude".:)

Nadal owned you, today as usual. What are you now, 5 of 50 in predictions regarding Nadal matches? Nadal REALLY struggled today, oh how he struggled!

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah, right.

Don't believe me at your own risk.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Nadal owned you, today as usual. What are you now, 5 of 50 in predictions regarding Nadal matches? Nadal REALLY struggled today, oh how he struggled!

My predictions may not always be right but I have yet to be wrong about him losing over and over again to Djesus. 0-7 in the past year,Nadalwon. That alone is more than 5. :lol:

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't believe me at your own risk.

I am a woman. Nadalwon,*********,Vamospunch,or whoever he is at the moment is in denial. Lol.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I am a woman. Nadalwon,*********,Vamospunch,or whoever he is at the moment is in denial. Lol.

Oh, I know. For some reason, he/they can't believe it.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Clarky wants to be a woman. That's why Clarky keeps saying this, pleading to be known as a woman. Who else here mentions whether they are male/female on a regular basis?

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Clarky wants to be a woman. That's why Clarky keeps saying this, pleading to be known as a woman. Who else here mentions whether they are male/female on a regular basis?

She didn't mention it at first. I brought it up. There are quite a few posters here who state their gender quite often because it's not so obvious in the way they post. Vernonbc and MariaRafael are obviously female posters, and it's evident in the way they write. Clarky21, Juan Ma del Pony, SLD76, etc. don't make it so obvious.

If you got my gender wrong, I'd correct you right away.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
She didn't mention it at first. I brought it up. There are quite a few posters here who state their gender quite often because it's not so obvious in the way they post. Vernonbc and MariaRafael are obviously female posters, and it's evident in the way they write. Clarky21, Juan Ma del Pony, SLD76, etc. don't make it so obvious.

If you got my gender wrong, I'd correct you right away.

I have no idea what your gender is, nor what gender Clarky is. Kind of strange that you'd vouch for somebody you don't even know :D

LOL evident in the way that they write. That's a laugh, since so many males write like girls. You really need to get out more. There are even guys who speak like girls :shock:

Towser83
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Congrats on this prediction.

Bad luck on this one.

I think you're better when you predict match results that have nothing to do with Nadal or the Djesus

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I have no idea what your gender is, nor what gender Clarky is. Kind of strange that you'd vouch for somebody you don't even know :D

I've heard her say she's a female multiple times, so I'm just letting you know. There's no need to get into all this "pretending" to be a girl stuff. There's no reason I could think of as to why she'd do that. I'll vouch for anyone that gets wrongly accused of something.

I'm a male, by the way.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I've heard her say she's a female multiple times, so I'm just letting you know. There's no need to get into all this "pretending" to be a girl stuff. There's no reason I could think of as to why she'd do that. I'll vouch for anyone that gets wrongly accused of something.

I'm a male, by the way.

Exactly, the only poster who regularly says 'I'm female' as if it matters. He doth protest too much.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM

LOL evident in the way that they write. That's a laugh, since so many males write like girls. You really need to get out more. There are even guys who speak like girls :shock:

You mean I can't tell what a girl sounds like when 90% of their posts sound like: "Rafa looks so cute in that photo," "Rafa would never say something like that. He's too kind-hearted" or "Rafa looks so good in blue. He should wear it often."

Yeah, really difficult to tell what kind of person wrote those posts. And you'd be really strange if you have to pretend to be the opposite gender on an online board.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
You mean I can't tell what a girl sounds like when 90% of their posts sound like: "Rafa looks so cute in that photo," "Rafa would never say something like that. He's too kind-hearted" or "Rafa looks so good in blue. He should wear it often."

Yeah, really difficult to tell what kind of person wrote those posts. And you'd be really strange if you have to pretend to be the opposite gender on an online board.

Not all females/males are alike. You stereotype too much.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Not all females/males are alike. You stereotype too much.

I'm not stereotyping.

Whatever, it's a meaningless discussion. Nothing to do with tennis, so let's just drop it.

Towser83
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM

people keepon saying she isn't though, so of course she's going to say she is. I don't agree with a lot of what Clarky says although i do agree a lot more when she doesn't go down the "nadal is useless, Djesus will win everything" path.She has some insight and good points when she doesn't just post the same old stuff again and again.

And what the hell difference does it make if she's a woman or not? She's said she is, why make an issue of it?

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
people keepon saying she isn't though, so of course she's going to say she is. I don't agree with a lot of what Clarky says although i do agree a lot more when she doesn't go down the "nadal is useless, Djesus will win everything" path.She has some insight and good points when she doesn't just post the same old stuff again and again.

And what the hell difference does it make if she's a woman or not? She's said she is, why make an issue of it?

Exactly, why has this Clarky poster continually been saying they are female, for months? He doth protest too much. Good points? Nadal will lose. Nadal will struggle. Nadal has no chance. Nadal will lose. Nadal will struggle. Nadal is rusty and will struggle.....yeah....great points.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Exactly, why has this Clarky poster continually been saying they are female, for months? He doth protest too much. Good points? Nadal will lose. Nadal will struggle. Nadal has no chance. Nadal will lose. Nadal will struggle. Nadal is rusty and will struggle.....yeah....great points.

I don't agree with everything she says, but she's pretty good at knowing what parts of Nadal's game are lacking. For instance, she brought up Nadal's ROS, which I've been wondering a lot about too. Like, why is he returning second serves standing 9 meters behind the baseline?

Towser83
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM

everyone keeps on saying she's not a woman so of course she's going to correct them, you're just feeding it. You're obsessed by it apparently.

And I already specified that when she isn't talking about how Nadal will lose and Novak will win everything, she has some good points. You just took the two points of my post and completely failed to understand them.

Anyway you and clarky are exact opposites. She thinks Nadal will never win again or beat Djokovic and you think he will never lose again and never lose to Djokovic. Somewhere between you lies sanity...

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't agree with everything she says, but she's pretty good at knowing what parts of Nadal's game are lacking. For instance, she brought up Nadal's ROS, whic I've been wondering a lot about too. Like, why is he returning second serves standing 9 meters behind the baseline?

Clarky doesn't even read Nadal's interviews if he's asking that question. Nadal feels more comfortable returning from there. That is his game. And its won him 10 slams. Even in the 2010 US Open, he was returning from far back. He returned closer occasionally, but predominantly he was far behind the baseline.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM
And obviously, I should correct you, Nadal has never stood 9 metres behind a baseline to return. That would be the crowd.

Nadal isn't going to stand on or inside the baseline to return just because a tennis fan thinks he should. Nadal is going to stand where he is confident. It is fairly obvious. Only somebody very slow would not understand this.

FlashFlare11
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Clarky doesn't even read Nadal's interviews if he's asking that question. Nadal feels more comfortable returning from there. That is his game. And its won him 10 slams. Even in the 2010 US Open, he was returning from far back. He returned closer occasionally, but predominantly he was far behind the baseline.

That won't allow Nadal to win against Djokovic, however. Against Djokovic, you need to be very aggressive and go after his serves. I understand that making changes for one player isn't always good, but in this case, it may benefit Nadal against everyone he plays.

Yeah, 9 meters is pretty far. But he stands pretty far back.

SLD76
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
everyone keeps on saying she's not a woman so of course she's going to correct them, you're just feeding it. You're obsessed by it apparently.

And I already specified that when she isn't talking about how Nadal will lose and Novak will win everything, she has some good points. You just took the two points of my post and completely failed to understand them.

Anyway you and clarky are exact opposites. She thinks Nadal will never win again or beat Djokovic and you think he will never lose again and never lose to Djokovic. Somewhere between you lies sanity...

I lol'd! rofl.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
That won't allow Nadal to win against Djokovic, however. Against Djokovic, you need to be very aggressive and go after his serves. I understand that making changes for one player isn't always gpod, but in this case, it may benefit Nadal against everyone he plays.

Nadal already proved your theory wrong at the AO 2012. If you think Nadal's current playing style can't beat Djokovic, after seeing Nadal up a break in the 5th set, then you are not worth my time. And you are on my ignore list, right now because of this.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM

I don't have to read interviews(I actually do read his pressers,btw)to know that returning from such a defensive postion is not effective,and has cost him multiple matches that he could have won. It leaves him vulnerable to wide serves,and since he leaves so much court open he doesn't cut off the angles like he should,resulting in him getting aced constantly. And standing so far back also causes his returns to land short so he loses control of the point right off the bat,putting him on the defensive. You must not be paying attention if you can't spot all of the things wrong with Nadal's ros.

Another thing returning so defensively does is forces him to work harder than he really has to. He has got to get more aggressive,and returning from the stands is not the way to do it.

I also don't know what you've been reading lately about him,but recently when he was asked about what he needs to work on the ros was one of the things he brought up. He said he needs to be more aggressive on the return,so I guess he's wrong about it too. Lol.

BULLZ1LLA2.0
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't have to read interviews(I actually do read his pressers,btw)to know that returning from such a defensive postion is not effective,and has cost him multiple matches that he could have won. It leaves him vulnerable to wide serves,and since he leaves so much court open he doesn't cut off the angles like he should,resulting in him getting aced constantly. And standing so far back also causes his returns to land short so he loses control of the point right off the bat,putting him on the defensive. You must not be paying attention if you can't spot all of the things wrong with Nadal's ros.

Another thing returning so defensively does is forces him to work harder than he really has to. He has got to get more aggressive,and returning from the stands is not the way to do it.

I also don't know what you've been reading lately about him,but recently when he was asked about what he needs to work on the ros was one of the things he brought up. He said he needs to be more aggressive on the return,so I guess he's wrong about it too. Lol.

Being aggressive doesn't mean standing closer to the baseline every ball. Nadal has already proven he can stand close to the baseline on occasion. But that will never be his normal approach, because it is simply not comfortable for him. You are 100% wrong if you think Nadal should regularly stand in close to the baseline. It would lead to far too many mistimed returns. If you played tennis you would know that a player with Nadal's swing would not be able to stand in close regularly and still keep the ball in play enough. Sure, take the risk now and then. But it is not the right staple approach. Especially when you were just up a break in the 5th set at Djokovic's favorite slam, by playing relatively defensive tennis. Maybe you didn't see the AO final.

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Being aggressive doesn't mean standing closer to the baseline every ball. Nadal has already proven he can stand close to the baseline on occasion. But that will never be his normal approach, because it is simply not comfortable for him. You are 100% wrong if you think Nadal should regularly stand in close to the baseline. It would lead to far too many mistimed returns. If you played tennis you would know that a player with Nadal's swing would not be able to stand in close regularly and still keep the ball in play enough. Sure, take the risk now and then. But it is not the right staple approach. Especially when you were just up a break in the 5th set at Djokovic's favorite slam, by playing relatively defensive tennis. Maybe you didn't see the AO final.

That's funny because I have seen Nadal stand in further many times to hit returns and he is capable of it,even if you think he isn't. The most recent example of this was against Berdych at the AO. Nadal can be more aggressive off the return,but he is stuck in defensive mode,and wants to grind out points instead. That sort of tennis will not cut it against Djesus because Nadal is bested again and again playing against him that way. It does not work,and if he wants to beat Djesus ever again he has to get aggressive in every part of his game. Anything else will result in yet another loss.

Towser83
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I lol'd! rofl.

haha thanks. It's true though, neither scenario is realistic. Nadal and Djokovic will win more titles each and exchange victories. I can't say for sure but about 90%

MichaelNadal
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
That's funny because I have seen Nadal stand in further many times to hit returns and he is capable of it,even if you think he isn't. The most recent example of this was against Berdych at the AO. Nadal can be more aggressive off the return,but he is stuck in defensive mode,and wants to grind out points instead. That sort of tennis will not cut it against Djesus because Nadal is bested again and again playing against him that way. It does not work,and if he wants to beat Djesus ever again he has to get aggressive in every part of his game. Anything else will result in yet another loss.

He's fully capable and damn sure needs to. He'd have more slams than he does now. I've watched countless Nadal matches where he could have broken serve and didn't mainly bc of his return position on a BP. What he did in the Berdych match was brilliant.

The-Champ
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM

Am I the only one who enjoys *********'s posts? He posts with purpose and it's working. I find ********* smart and funny. :)

Clarky21
03-11-2012, 09:44 PM
He's fully capable and damn sure needs to. He'd have more slams than he does now. I've watched countless Nadal matches where he could have broken serve and didn't mainly bc of his return position on a BP. What he did in the Berdych match was brilliant.

Yep. One match that comes to mind is the Miami final last year. If he had been more aggressive on the return when he was up 6-5 15-30 in the 3rd set he could have won that match. Djesus served poorly that game and iirc,didn't make one single first serve the entire game. I was shocked at how defensive and passive Nadal was at that moment. He could have won if he had better court positioning on the return.

MichaelNadal
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
^^Losing that final changed the course of the whole year for both guys methinks.

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Nadal already proved your theory wrong at the AO 2012. If you think Nadal's current playing style can't beat Djokovic, after seeing Nadal up a break in the 5th set, then you are not worth my time. And you are on my ignore list, right now because of this.

I'm on your ignore list because I disagree with you? You've been hurling insults at everyone who disagrees with you. The fact that other (more reasonable) Nadal fans agree with me shows that you're wrong. I'm surprised anyone can see your posts at all. I was trying to be reasonable with you, considering you're blind as far as results are concerned, combined with all the ridiculous things you say. Posting with you is the truest test of tolerance.

Whatever. Too many reasonable posters on that legendary ignore list of yours.

Just to confirm, Nadal fans, did I say anything wrong?

Evan77
03-12-2012, 04:03 AM
I agree with you. Nadal must be very aggressive if he ever wants to beat Novak. the problem is it is not his natural game. another thing is that he would tend to make more UE when playing aggressively. that's what happened at the AO. but hey, he needs to take that risk because nothing else he has tried worked against Novak 2.0.

vernonbc
03-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Am I the only one who enjoys *********'s posts? He posts with purpose and it's working. I find ********* smart and funny. :)
Me too. Smart, funny, knowledgeable and good with actual stats to punch holes in all the fictitious nonsense that's posted about Rafa.

If I can just add a word directly to *********... please clear out your Ignore list. Don't allow yourself to be baited into silly arguments by many of the people who come to this board just to insult and fight with others but there's definitely a place for posters like you on this board to counteract the anti-Rafa brigade. :)

Cup8489
03-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Are you for real,dude?

75% 1st serves in.
96% 1st serves won.
67% 2nd serves won.
19 winners.
4 unforced errors.
6-1 6-3.
75 minutes.

lol at Leonardo Mayer being considered a legit guy to use as a barometer for how well you're playing LOL.

vernonbc
03-12-2012, 04:42 AM
^^Losing that final changed the course of the whole year for both guys methinks.
Maybe, but two very close losses on hard courts would have been digestible I think. They are, after all, Novak's best surface and Rafa's least. To me, the whole year changed on two net cords, in Madrid. Rafa was serving 5-6, 30-all to get to a tie break in the first set and Djokovic got two extremely lucky net cord shots that dropped like rocks just over the net and Rafa had no chance to get to them and lost the first set 5-7 despite having played very well. It unsettled him and he was so disheartened he went down relatively easily in the second.

That's where Novak got into Rafa's head I think and it's taken him a number of months to get straight and confident again. I am very encouraged by his attitude now and hopefully he'll see some good results with all the work he's done.

vernonbc
03-12-2012, 04:48 AM
lol at Leonardo Mayer being considered a legit guy to use as a barometer for how well you're playing LOL.
Oh good. So if Mayer (#78 ) can't be considered re: Nadal, then we'll be spared any posts from Federer fans talking about him playing well against a 19 year old ranked #185. That should save a lot of megabytes in cyber space tonight.

Hitman
03-12-2012, 04:49 AM

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. That Miami match is what cracked the strong mind of Nadal and allowed Djokovic to get inside. That type of match was always won by Nadal in the past eg Madrid 09, Hamburg 08, Queens 08. In Miami, that all changed, after many dynamics had already changed in Indian Wells.

What happened after that will be remembered for a very long time. Historical moments for sure.

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Me too. Smart, funny, knowledgeable and good with actual stats to punch holes in all the fictitious nonsense that's posted about Rafa.

If I can just add a word directly to *********... please clear out your Ignore list. Don't allow yourself to be baited into silly arguments by many of the people who come to this board just to insult and fight with others but there's definitely a place for posters like you on this board to counteract the anti-Rafa brigade. :)

I don't think you understand what's going on. There are two kinds of posters most reasonable people find to be the worst: blind haters and blind worshippers. Both are equally bad and deter people from thinking the same way.

Blind haters are awful on both sides. These people are simply trolls who can't see anything beyond their hate. People like devila are examples of this kind of poster.

Blind followers are similarly distasteful. These people can't admit a fault in their favorite player, thinks he's doing everything right, thinks he's the best at everything, etc. These people are equally as annoying as the haters because they don't allow themselves to take anything without their own bias attached. Bullz1lla and Nadalwon2012 are this type of poster. The fact that they throw anyone who disagrees with them on their ignore lists doesn't help.

There's a reason most people prefer posters like MichaelNadal to BULLZ1LLA. It's because MichaelNadal, though being a Rafa fan, can see Nadal's mistakes and faults, and doesn't hate any other player.

People like BULLZ1LLA and Nadalwon2012 aren't doing anything to offset the "anti-Rafa brigade." If anything, they're making it worse by making all Nadal fans look like blind worshippers.

monfed
03-12-2012, 05:53 AM
I don't think you understand what's going on. There are two kinds of posters most reasonable people find to be the worst: blind haters and blind worshippers. Both are equally bad and deter people from thinking the same way.

Blind haters are awful on both sides. These people are simply trolls who can't see anything beyond their hate. People like devila are examples of this kind of poster.

Blind followers are similarly distasteful. These people can't admit a fault in their favorite player, thinks he's doing everything right, thinks he's the best at everything, etc. These people are equally as annoying as the haters because they don't allow themselves to take anything without their own bias attached. Bullz1lla and Nadalwon2012 are this type of poster. The fact that they throw anyone who disagrees with them on their ignore lists doesn't help.

There's a reason most people prefer posters like MichaelNadal to BULLZ1LLA. It's because MichaelNadal, though being a Rafa fan, can see Nadal's mistakes and faults, and doesn't hate any other player.

People like BULLZ1LLA and Nadalwon2012 aren't doing anything to offset the "anti-Rafa brigade." If anything, they're making it worse by making all Nadal fans look like blind worshippers.

Edit - On second thoughts there is no objective Nadal fan, I don't think so. :lol:

aphex
03-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Edit - On second thoughts there is no objective Nadal fan, I don't think so. :lol:

Haha, I was about to quote your previous post and congratulate you on your sarcasm by including shamelessone in the "objective" fans.

djokovicgonzalez2010
03-12-2012, 06:05 AM
I think so. They want Djokovic vs federer, with Djokovic vs Nadal as 2nd choice.

SLD76
03-12-2012, 06:07 AM

That new sig of yours is just priceless.

Just...blows the mind.

Sentinel
03-12-2012, 06:10 AM
mixiep and senti.

aphex
03-12-2012, 06:11 AM
mixiep and senti.

I'm sorry Senti, but you're more on the "delusional fanboy" side...

CMM
03-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Bullz1lla and Nadalwon2012 are this type of poster. The fact that they throw anyone who disagrees with them on their ignore lists doesn't help.

They? ....

aphex
03-12-2012, 06:19 AM
They? ....

Split personality disorder...

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 06:23 AM
They? ....

I'm glad to see a real Nadal fan admitting the possibility that these two are actually the same person.

Clarky21
03-12-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm glad to see a real Nadal fan admitting the possibility that these two are actually the same person.

I'm a Nadal fan and I am positive that they are the same person. I think ********* has multiple accounts on here. More than just the two you mentioned.

monfed
03-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Haha, I was about to quote your previous post and congratulate you on your sarcasm by including shamelessone in the "objective" fans.

It may have gone unnoticed amongst the vast legion of Nadaletes.

monfed
03-12-2012, 06:29 AM
That new sig of yours is just priceless.

Just...blows the mind.

LOL sure does. :)

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm a Nadal fan and I am positive that they are the same person. I think ********* has multiple accounts on here. More than just the two you mentioned.

Yeah, I saw you mention that (should have mentioned your name). I was doubtful at first, but I'm pretty much convinced that Nadalwon2012, BullZ1illa, RAFA2005RG, etc. are all the same person.

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 06:35 AM

I like MichaelNadal. He's a good poster, and loves tennis in general. Can't dislike someone who just loves the sport. Clarky is funny too. Even though I don't always agree with her, I like reading her posts. She also seems to love tennis.

Some of these Nadal fans, to me, don't really care for tennis and just want to see Nadal, no matter the medium. That's why you'll almost never find them actually discussing tennis, or only talking about it from Nadal's standpoint.

The point I was trying to get across to Vernonbc is that massive blind Nadal worship will not offset whatever conspiracy she thinks we have going on here. Both hate and blind worship are equally damaging.

phnx90
03-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Since when did I cease to be a Nadal fan?

monfed
03-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Since when did I cease to be a Nadal fan?

You're too objective(no pun intended) to be included in the Nadal clan, please find it in your heart to forgive me for my gross misjudgment in calling you a Nadal fan. ;)

phnx90
03-12-2012, 07:22 AM
You're too objective(no pun intended) to be included in the Nadal clan, please find it in your heart to forgive me for my gross misjudgment in calling you a Nadal fan. ;)

I feel like one of those Juris Doctor graduates who get rejected by McDonald's for being "overqualified" :(

FlashFlare11
03-12-2012, 07:23 AM
I feel like one of those Juris Doctor graduates who get rejected by McDonald's for being "overqualified" :(

This is too funny!

celoft
03-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I think so. They want Djokovic vs federer, with Djokovic vs Nadal as 2nd choice.

Federer-Djokovic slam finals would be the best ones. We never get them since 2007 USO.

SLD76
03-13-2012, 07:56 AM

tee hee! :)

Sentinel
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry Senti, but you're more on the "delusional fanboy" side...
Such persecution of us Nadal fans :(

even poor phnx90 is being raked over the coals by monfed and others.

Such hippocrates, all of you.

phnx90
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Such persecution of us Nadal fans :(

even poor phnx90 is being raked over the coals by monfed and others.
I know, right?

But then again, with members like nadalwon, bullzi11a (all of them), etc. etc...

and whoot! I'm a reasonable rafa fan; care to be another member of an endangered species? :P

Such hypocrites, all of you.

Fixed it for you :P (Hippocrates is the father of modern medicine)

aphex
03-14-2012, 01:57 AM
I know, right?

But then again, with members like nadalwon, bullzi11a (all of them), etc. etc...

and whoot! I'm a reasonable rafa fan; care to be another member of an endangered species? :P

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's hippocrates.

It has been confirmed by nadal fans who excel in linguistics.

namelessone
03-14-2012, 02:24 AM

An objective fan is kind of an oxymoron since fandom has a implied sense of subjectivity.

What varies is the degree of subjectivity but a truly objective fan can't exist or he/she wouldn't be a fan.

namelessone
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
I know, right?

You must be a work of fiction.

Gorecki
03-14-2012, 03:15 AM

can you precentage that?

phnx90
03-14-2012, 04:01 AM
You must be a work of fiction.

As is evolution according to some, but they insist that their beliefs are not.

monfed
03-14-2012, 04:26 AM

and Ralphysics. LMAO

tusharlovesrafa
03-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Astute observation, my friend.

We have noticed the same thing about you and some others :D
LOL ...i dont have time nor patience to create dozens of id's here to troll u guys...I can completely assure that this is my one and only ID.

Sentinel
03-15-2012, 04:04 AM
An objective fan is kind of an oxymoron since fandom has a implied sense of subjectivity.

What varies is the degree of subjectivity but a truly objective fan can't exist or he/she wouldn't be a fan.
There you go again, trying to make everyone more informed.

Stop it.

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 04:36 AM
I enjoy watching Nadal vs Federer, and I think by being in the same half of the draw they will meet twice as often as usual, because both of them make the semis of nearly every event. Nadal is especially consistent. So I hope the pattern of them being in the same half continues. Meanwhile Djokovic vs Murray have an interesting rivalry.

jackson vile
03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I enjoy watching Nadal vs Federer, and I think by being in the same half of the draw they will meet twice as often as usual, because both of them make the semis of nearly every event. Nadal is especially consistent. So I hope the pattern of them being in the same half continues. Meanwhile Djokovic vs Murray have an interesting rivalry.

This is a good call, we very well may see a Nadal Murray final at one of the slams at some point. At some point Federer has to squeak past Nadal, it would also be interesting to see a Novak Federer final.

No matter what with these top 4 we are going to see some amazing matches.

phnx90
03-16-2012, 02:31 AM

You might as well go say that there's no such thing as an objective person, because we all are governed to some extent by our emotions, but that's a meaningless statement.

Being reasonable means to step back and see things in perspective, that's all. Granted, there are more than a handful of people here who can't even mention "Nadal" without throwing a fit or making snide remarks, or conversely overly and overtly downplaying his chances and abilities, but they can be disregarded on account of their being immature or deprived of the basic ability to control their own petty emotions. Just because every other user (irrespective of how many actual people are represented by them) here act like 10 year olds when it comes to tennis players, doesn't mean that it's impossible to like a player and exercise reason, enough to be said as reasonable.

It's not hard to say that Nadal is currently the whipping dog of Djokovic, just as it is not hard to say that Roger is becoming increasingly the equivalent for Nadal.