PDA

View Full Version : TFight 320 VO2 Max vs Donnay Pro One

DevilDog
03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Has anyone played with both of these racquets?

prosealster
03-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Have anyone played with both of these racquets?

i've played with 320v02, and have just put in the order for the pro one...will be able to tell you in a week or so :)

DevilDog
03-11-2012, 10:24 AM
i've played with 320v02, and have just put in the order for the pro one...will be able to tell you in a week or so :)

Coming from a really bad case of TE, I started using the BB Melbourne. It is a great racquet.
I can now play four sets pain free. I picked up the Pro One and it really is ridiculous the amount of spin I have on my shots now. The Donnay is also stiffer than the Melbourne and a more open string pattern. I want to try something a little stiffer than the Donnay. Iím really interested in the Technifibre, and I would like to hear your opinion on how each racquet plays.

prosealster
03-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Coming from a really bad case of TE, I started using the BB Melbourne. It is a great racquet.
I can now play four sets pain free. I picked up the Pro One and it really is ridiculous the amount of spin I have on my shots now. The Donnay is also stiffer than the Melbourne and a more open string pattern. I want to try something a little stiffer than the Donnay. Iím really interested in the Technifibre, and I would like to hear your opinion on how each racquet plays.
Just had a quick hit with pro one strung with vokl power fibre at 52 compared with vo2 320 strung with sheep micro at about 50-52...

pro one compared to 320- more stable, felt stiffer, more power, less spin, less arm friendly, better flat serve, not as much kick on 2nd serve. Better on power volley, but less touch. According to my hitting parner, I can hit with greater air speed with pro one, but once it landed, the 320 felt heavier.

DevilDog
03-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I just picked up a TFight 320. First impression of the racquet is "sweet looking stick". It really looks like a quality racquet. I was a little hesitant about the 95 sq in head but it looks bigger than the Donnay. I have it strung 56M 53C with X-one biphase. The one concern I have is the grip is more square than my Becker racquets. I really like the roundish shape of the Donnay.

My Pro One is strung with Gamma Asterisk at 57M 54C. It is very arm friendly and super spinny.

I will post a review after hitting with the Technifibre and compare the two also.

Supermange
03-17-2012, 10:13 AM
I also would like to get a couple of reviews of the 320 VO2. Heard good things about it. Why haven't TW reviewed it? Tipsarevic is playing with the 325 and they haven't reviewed that either. ī

DevilDog
03-17-2012, 04:52 PM
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg561/powder_tool1/TechnifibrevsDonnay.jpg

Tecnifibre TFight 320 VO2 Max vs Donnay Pro One

Power Player
03-17-2012, 05:17 PM
The 320 is one of the best sticks out there IMO. I rate it up there with the pstgt, APd,pure drive and Wilson 6.1.

Biggest issue for me is it really needs poly..it's so open I broke string super fast with anything else.

Full multi felt amazing in it though.

Recoveringhobo
03-17-2012, 06:21 PM
The 320 doesn't look like a 95, does it?

Which one is more powerful? I'm guessing that the 320 has more spin. According to here (http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/comparepower.cgi?racquetA=DPRO1|97|Donnay|Pro:One| RCDONNAY|x&racquetB=320VO2|95|Tecnifibre|TFight:320:VO2:Max|R CTRUSA|x&racquetC=none&racquetD=none) the Donnay has a larger sweetspot with more power. But I've never found these power comparisons to be completely accurate in the real world.

prosealster
03-17-2012, 06:25 PM
The 320 doesn't look like a 95, does it?

Which one is more powerful? I'm guessing that the 320 has more spin. According to here (http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/comparepower.cgi?racquetA=DPRO1|97|Donnay|Pro:One| RCDONNAY|x&racquetB=320VO2|95|Tecnifibre|TFight:320:VO2:Max|R CTRUSA|x&racquetC=none&racquetD=none) the Donnay has a larger sweetspot with more power. But I've never found these power comparisons to be completely accurate in the real world.

On my brief hit with it, pro one felt more powerful and yes feels like it has a bigger swet spot. It is also a smaller racquet despite being a 97 and the 320 is said to be 95. For me the 320 has more spin as you've guessed

Recoveringhobo
03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Which one did you prefer?

Power Player, how would you compare the 320 to your old BLX 6.1 95s?

Power Player
03-17-2012, 07:44 PM
The 320 has less plow, and is not as precise as the 6.1. I hit with probably too much spin using the tec, and had to work on driving the ball more once I got it.

I like the 6.1 if you want to hit deep with heavy pace..the tec is an easier to use version as as result, the plow is not as significant.

prosealster
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Which one did you prefer?

Power Player, how would you compare the 320 to your old BLX 6.1 95s?

I prefer the 320 coz I am a topspin sort of player, player who likes big flat serve and forehand probably prefers the pro one...both nice sticks...