PDA

View Full Version : Improve the ignore function?

monfed
03-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Hello,

Let me first say that I treasure my membership of this site and it really is a great place not only to have discussions/debates but to learn new things about tennis. In short , I love this site and it'd take some getting over if I lost membership here.

Let me get straight to the point. I find that the ignore function is not that effective compared to many sites I'm on. When you ignore someone, that person should completely disappear off of my screen. But it happens too often that I can still read that person's post from other's quoted post and it defeats the purpose of the ignore function. Also I don't think there should be an option of viewing the post of an ignored poster. I also find that one can view the thread of an ignored poster.

Can the ignore function be more effective or is it too much to code? Just thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

ollinger
03-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Doesn't your brain have an "ignore function"? How difficult is it to NOT read something? How painful is it if you DO read it?

SFrazeur
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM
It seems childish to me for people to need an ignore function. Have self control. If one goes crazy, gets mad, livid at the sight of an other's posts then that person needs to step away from the computer.
Grow-up people. Go outside. Play some tennis. Get a girlfriend or go have sex with your wife.

(Note: I am not referring directly to the OP but in general.

-SF

li0scc0
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM
First off, the OP wrote a very respectful post and I appreciate that. I honestly haven't used the Ignore function because, well, I generally just know who to ignore. :) But I appreciate the perspective given.

Maui19
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
We have an ignore function?