PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning?

max pl
03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
So it's mid March, mid 60's all week here in New York, and so tennis season is about to begin for me.

Just strung my first racquet and although everything went smoothly, I feel like I should perhaps tune this machine somehow.

I just lubed up the clamp stems and tightened a few bolts that were loosened.
Whats the best way to clean the actual clamps?
Any other suggestions to keep this thing running great?

This is for an electronic machine btw.

Thanks

Wikky
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Tooth brush and alcohol always worked for me.

Overheadsmash
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
For the clamps - old credit card, wrapped in a very thin cloth, soaked in alcohol. Works great.

Smac1221
03-18-2012, 04:30 PM
For the clamps - old credit card, wrapped in a very thin cloth, soaked in alcohol. Works great.

Thanks...I was just getting ready to do my string gripper and this might just save some time. I'll give it a try

Smac1221

jmpsmash
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
depends on the gripper you have. something like a WISE can accumulate string dust over the course of 100 or so racket. the gripper will sticky and won't open and close smoothly.

the solution is to take apart the gripper, use a good cleaner like a degreaser to clean the gripper plates as well as the roller bearings.

and then to finish off a wipe a tiny film of oil will keep it good for another 100+ string jobs.

the result will be a gripper that is smooth and engages/disengages crisply like new.