PDA

View Full Version : Son Moving Up: Next Racquet?

TimothyO
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I have two sons who are getting the tennis bug. They have no desire to be tennis professionals or anything like that. They're just really enjoying hitting with mom, dad, and friends. But they're both competitive by nature and want to play well (they also fence!)

My 10 year old loves mom's new BLX Pro Open so we'll probably get him one of those. My 11 year old hasn't played as much tennis as my 10 year old and isn't quite as consistent but when he finally gets his form right he'll be a monster! He CAN hit consistently when he adopts a conservative technique but he loves pushing the envelope with extreme topspin...so he can also shank a lot too and doesn't care as he loves seeing that ball arc so hard (he loves physics and has become fascinated by the physics of tennis).

Any frame recommendations for a kid who wants to hit an aggressive topspin game?

Today he tried the IG Speed Lite. But he felt it was too light. We're next going to try the EXO3 Black but I'm worried it might play too stiff for arm health. He enjoyed the BLX Pro Open too but, of course, he wants to do something different from his brother.

With a sensitive arm I'm learned HL, soft, and as heavy as a shoulder can stand are best for arm health. How do these factors apply to kids? He has stromg arms from fencing (kendo).

Andyroo10567
03-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Try Yonex racquets, great spin production. Or a vortex racquet which has a very open string pattern, thus, plenty of spin.

Deuces Wild
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I get some crazy spin off my Dunlop Bio 300.