PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of Organix V1 MP

jackcrawford
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I currently use the 2010 Volkl V1 Classic, and have a Powerbridge V1 and DNX V1, and have hit with the Quantum, Catapult, Original and 10-Year anniversary editons of the Classic, so I am quite familiar with the frame. I am a 3.5 player who strings with Black Code at 55#.
First of all, the frame is listed on the side as 25-22-28 beam thickness, just like the others, so it is not a new mold, as has been reported.
It weighs 10.7 ounces with Wilson Pro Overgrip and Djokovic Dampener, just like the DNX and Powerbridge models. The 2010 classic weighs 11 ounces. The 2010 classic has the most flex of any of the models except the Catapult, significantly more flexible than the 2004 or Original editions of that frame. that being said, all three classics play different than any of the other frames, not just due to the ten gram weight difference, but there is more weight at 12 o'clock in that frame than the others. I didn't like the Catapult due to its inconsistent response, it is the outlier of the lighter V1's. The Quantum is a little unstable due to lack of weight at 3 and 9.
Now, after this long preliminary, my impression of the Organix V1 is that it is identical to the Powerbridge, and very close to the DNX - the DNX having a bit more flex. If you're a user looking for an upgrade, it isn't. If you're looking for a new frame and don't want to search for the older models, look no further. I think it is a clear winner in this weight class over the Pure Drive Lite, the BLX Surge, and the Dunlop Biomimetic 400 and 500.