PDA

View Full Version : RAONIC miles ahead of the brat pack

djokovic2008
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
There has been discussions on here about tomic Harrison and the rest but there is no doubt that this kid will be the ONE to challenge the rest. Let's be honest none of other kids are close to winning ANY tournaments where he has three to his name. Some may not like him but he has a power game and the groundies are getter better all the time watch out fed.

magnut
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I agree. Big Game and Big level of Maturity. Injuries would be my only concern. I predict he will be 5 or 6 by the end of the year.

Cormorant
03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Personally, I'm much more impressed by Tomic's Wimbledon run than am I by anything that Raonic has done so far; shame the Canadian had to get injured during that event.

djokovicgonzalez2010
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Sock is overrated. He may have future, but he's wayyy back in terms of results thusfar. Raonic is way ahead. Raonic>>Tomic>>Harrison>>>>>Dimitrov>>>>>Others (Berankis is up there too but has missed so much :sad: )

djokovic2008
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Personally, I'm much more impressed by Tomic's Wimbledon run than am I by anything that Raonic has done so far; shame the Canadian had to get injured during that event.

One Wimbledon run, for me isn't that impressive if you can't back it up it's like a fluke. Tomic has been awful recently and gets way to much hype for doing so little.

magnut
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Tomic is overated right now, Harrison is poor mans Justin Gimelstob. No idea about Sock anymore.

jdubbs
03-12-2012, 10:15 AM

I wouldn't say I was "more impressed" by Tomic, because it's sort of an "incomplete" for Milos right now with him getting hurt in the middle of the year.

I see him making a run at Wimbledon, maybe not this year, but in the years to come. He's got the weapons and the all-court game, that's for sure. And he'll be in the final mix at any indoor tourneys where the fast courts are more conducive to his style of play.

monfed
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Raonic does have the firepower but I just think these molasses courts will get the better of him.

Tammo
03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Raonic is the Fed of the young guns. Calm, yet lets it roar when necessary.

joeri888
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes, he is miles ahead, but he also has less developable tools perhaps. His serve won't get much better than it is, and I doubt he has the potential to move like a next Federer or to have a steady backhand etc. Still, if he can have a holdgame like Karlovic, and a halfdecent service game anything is still possible.

Mustard
03-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Raonic is more like Sampras than Federer.

Bjorn99
03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Raonic, as long as he isn't pushed beyond his barriers(footspeed and hip strength) will make a ton of money playing this absurd pro game. All that matters in the end.

CDestroyer
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I agree. Big Game and Big level of Maturity. Injuries would be my only concern. I predict he will be 5 or 6 by the end of the year.

Top 10 if he is lucky.

Carsomyr
03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Where is Nishikori in the listing of the young guys? He has to be right up there with Raonic and Tomic.

tacou
03-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Harrison's three SFs were all in tournaments he could've won, and were generally tight affairs, so I wouldn't say he's too far back from a title..but yeah Raonic is clearly head and shoulders above his peers, I hardly even consider him a "young gun" anymore, he's just another dangerous player on tour

cknobman
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
One Wimbledon run, for me isn't that impressive if you can't back it up it's like a fluke. Tomic has been awful recently and gets way to much hype for doing so little.

Agreed.

I think some of Tomic's limited success thus far has been due to the fact of his awkward game and players not used to it. His game is weird and unique like Santaro's was and he will pick up some wins until guys figure him out. Unless his game gets a lot better with more firepower I dont see him moving up the rankings as guys are exposed to him.

bluetrain4
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
He is ahead of the "brat pack" but he's not close (yet) to the Big 4 (or should I say 3).

I bring this up simply becuase Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, and Fed, to varying degrees, have good years left. So, if Raonic wants to go "big" and be among the big boys, a top tier player, he's going to have to beat them.

The rest of the "brat pack" should be an after thought at this point. Only when the Big 4 are collectively incapable of winning Slams any more and the rest of the brat pack has reached their full potential will it really matter how Raonic is compared the them.

magnut
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
He is ahead of the "brat pack" but he's not close (yet) to the Big 4 (or should I say 3).

I bring this up simply becuase Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, and Fed, to varying degrees, have good years left. So, if Raonic wants to go "big" and be among the big boys, a top tier player, he's going to have to beat them.

The rest of the "brat pack" should be an after thought at this point. Only when the Big 4 are collectively incapable of winning Slams any more and the rest of the brat pack has reached their full potential will it really matter how Raonic is compared the them.

Big three Unless Delpo is your #4.

Delpo is at the top of the pack

djokovic2008
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes, he is miles ahead, but he also has less developable tools perhaps. His serve won't get much better than it is, and I doubt he has the potential to move like a next Federer or to have a steady backhand etc. Still, if he can have a holdgame like Karlovic, and a halfdecent service game anything is still possible.

He is far better from the baseline than that and hits big especially from the fh side, of course he does not move as well as the top four. As for his serve it is practically unplayable winning 95 per cent of service games and he is breaking more than last year so he is on the right track. Please don't compare him to karlovic his baseline is on another planet to his, if he can develop a del Porto style baseline game as the years go on then the sky is the limit.

magnut
03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
He is far better from the baseline than that and hits big especially from the fh side, of course he does not move as well as the top four. As for his serve it is practically unplayable winning 95 per cent of service games and he is breaking more than last year so he is on the right track. Please don't compare him to karlovic his baseline is on another planet to his, if he can develop a del Porto style baseline game as the years go on then the sky is the limit.

He is obviouslly modeling his game on later career Sampras so I would expect to see him volleying and slicing a bit more. He has a far weaker backhand than Pete. Serve and forehand are just fine. Movement has improved. It will be interesting to see how he develops as he gets stronger. He should be a monster when he is around 25. This is more or less his breakout year.

He is a boring player to watch though just like Pete.

djokovic2008
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
He is obviouslly modeling his game on later career Sampras so I would expect to see him volleying and slicing a bit more. He has a far weaker backhand than Pete. Serve and forehand are just fine. Movement has improved. It will be interesting to see how he develops as he gets stronger. He should be a monster when he is around 25. This is more or less his breakout year.

He is a boring player to watch though just like Pete.

I can understand the train of thought behind boring to watch with him just blasting aces but I prefer watching him than say fish who is on against Ebden right now plus when he goes for second serve aces is quite entertaining.

Nathaniel_Near
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Raonic does seem to have a fiery and competitive spirit and temperament which is always brimming but usually kept just below the surface. The end result is this sense of bustling calm which is backed up by this fire and belief in succeeding. His tennis is big, imposing - he can crush a slew of winners with ease even on slow courts. Given time, he'll cut out a lot of the errors from his game and be a major force on the tour along with Bernard.

magnut
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Raonic does seem to have a fiery and competitive spirit and temperament which is always brimming but usually kept just below the surface. The end result is this sense of bustling calm which is backed up by this fire and belief in succeeding. His tennis is big, imposing - he can crush a slew of winners with ease even on slow courts. Given time, he'll cut out a lot of the errors from his game and be a major force on the tour along with Bernard.

That or he will get an injury and up teaching tennis to a bunch of old ladies and country club brats!

Jachim Johanson anyone?

Apun94
03-13-2012, 01:11 AM
TBH, Tomic has impressed me more than Raonic. The ONLY reason Raonic is getiing slightly better results than Tomic is because of serve. And thats only becuz of his height. Any tall tennis player can have a good career. I mean look at Karlovic, He has an ok forehand and a HORRENDOUS backhand and still he made Fed sweat at this yrs AO.
In a way Raonic is lucky. Hes got good height and thats y his serve is huge. His forehand is good but overall, Tomic has a better ground game. I was really impressed by his game at the AO.
Raonic is sort of like Roddick. If u can neutralize Raonic's serve (easier said than done, obv) then u can really trouble him, just like Melzer did at Memphis.
Plus Tomic has had better results in the majors

Rhino
03-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Harrison is poor mans Justin Gimelstob.

That is pretty much the worst thing you can actually say about a pro tennis player.

Zildite
03-13-2012, 01:47 AM
TBH, Tomic has impressed me more than Raonic. The ONLY reason Raonic is getiing slightly better results than Tomic is because of serve. And thats only becuz of his height. Any tall tennis player can have a good career. I mean look at Karlovic, He has an ok forehand and a HORRENDOUS backhand and still he made Fed sweat at this yrs AO.
In a way Raonic is lucky. Hes got good height and thats y his serve is huge. His forehand is good but overall, Tomic has a better ground game. I was really impressed by his game at the AO.
Raonic is sort of like Roddick. If u can neutralize Raonic's serve (easier said than done, obv) then u can really trouble him, just like Melzer did at Memphis.

Raonic is listed on the ATP site as being the same height as Tomic.

BeHappy
03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Raonic is Greg Rusedski mark II. Unlike Rusedski he goes for big shots from the baseline but he actually misses the majority of them (60%) so he is weak at the baseline just like Rusedski was.

But like Rusedski he has that 150mph serve and like Rusedski I think that will take him to at least one grand slam final in his career.

Rozroz
03-13-2012, 02:01 AM

+1
BUT Tomic=a horrible spoiled brat.

SLD76
03-13-2012, 04:20 AM

hell no.

ground game is no way remotely similar to fed's.

how you figure this?

St. Bernard
03-13-2012, 04:44 AM
hell no.

ground game is no way remotely similar to fed's.

how you figure this?

I think he was just comparing their temperaments - the latter part of the sentence is where the comparison kicks in.

Andres
03-13-2012, 05:19 AM
They're both 6'5''

seattle_1hander
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM
I think tennis is such a physical sport today, so we can never really judge players until they've come into their complete physical maturity (which includes endurance). So to say, at this early point in time, that Raonic is miles ahead, isn't really saying much. Obviously his height (which will always be his key physical attribute) is fully developed already. We don't yet know what Harrison's, or Dimitrov's, or Tomic's physical abilities will be. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the "pack" ends up being the cream of the crop.

KHSOLO
03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
If raonic if the future of tennis i wont be watching it any longer im afraid, a big serve with basic groundstrokes behind, no great shots at all and boring game overall

winstonplum
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Wrong. Get on the Ryno train; there's plenty of room. Incredible serving at times, excellent fh, improving bh, frickin' great mover, stock American whining/petulence. He's your man for the top twenty this year.

Rozroz
03-14-2012, 02:25 AM
he's doomed. his type of body will get injured once in a while.

spiderman123
03-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Are we getting a little carried away here? What can Raonic do that Isner can't?

joeri888
03-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Being younger? Also, Raonic already has a much better holding percentage than Isner. His returngame needs work but he's got more time to develop it than Isner has. Also, Isner is about to become a top 10 player, so being as good as Isner would still be a lot better than Tomic, Dolgopolov, Harrison

Cup8489
03-14-2012, 06:41 AM

move at something faster than a glacial pace.

thug the bunny
03-14-2012, 06:48 AM
What Milos can do (or has the potential to do) that Isner can't is develop the rest of his game. Movement, touch, power and placement off both wings. The kid has all around tennis savy, he just has to nurture it.

I watched the first 2 sets last night against Fed, and he totally stymied him in the first. Then in the second you could see Fed's boundless tennis know-how start to find cracks in the kid's game..

Milosh will be compared to Pistol Pete within 3 years. I called it here.

spiderman123
03-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Being younger? Also, Raonic already has a much better holding percentage than Isner. His returngame needs work but he's got more time to develop it than Isner has. Also, Isner is about to become a top 10 player, so being as good as Isner would still be a lot better than Tomic, Dolgopolov, Harrison

Not comparing the age, but what they can achieve with his game. I would love to be wrong but I did not see a multi-slam winning game there. I am really worried about my tennis watching 5 years from now? Who will I be excited about? Whose career will I follow as if it is mine? :)

PSNELKE
03-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Meelosh is a nice guy unlike brats like Tomic and Harrison.
Wouldnt be ****ed about him winning big things.

ChickBowdrie
03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Tomic is overated right now, Harrison is poor mans Justin Gimelstob. No idea about Sock anymore.

Holy cow... lol

Lsmkenpo
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Wrong. Get on the Ryno train; there's plenty of room. Incredible serving at times, excellent fh, improving bh, frickin' great mover, stock American whining/petulence. He's your man for the top twenty this year.

Now your talkin, good to see your coming to your senses and getting over the horrible ******* fever.

Young Ryan Harrison is the future of American tennis. You left out one of the best second serves in the game and a good aggressive return in your assessment of his skillset, not to mention a winning H2H record against Raonic all the way back to the juniors.

brettsticker86
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
There has been discussions on here about tomic Harrison and the rest but there is no doubt that this kid will be the ONE to challenge the rest. Let's be honest none of other kids are close to winning ANY tournaments where he has three to his name. Some may not like him but he has a power game and the groundies are getter better all the time watch out fed.

harrison recently made semis at San Jose
sock and kudla are overrated
tomic is an incredible talent, made semis of brisbane

to say they aren't even close is a bit off.

brettsticker86
03-14-2012, 08:10 AM

this person obviously gets paid to get on these forums and post ridiculous replies. tomic is underrated. harrison a poor man's gimelstob? harrison actually has groundstrokes and doesn't look like a board while serving. Sock is the only ill agree with, i don't see much potential in him. still, brainless reply

djokovic2008
03-14-2012, 08:29 AM
harrison recently made semis at San Jose
sock and kudla are overrated
tomic is an incredible talent, made semis of brisbane

to say they aren't even close is a bit off.

Semis of one tournament does not qualify as close, Raonic not only has one three but two of those he won without being broken its an different world from Harrison. Plus tomic an incredible talent please, gaquest was a talent when younger, tomic is just above average as his results suggest. Plus for being 6 ft 5 he does not serve that big.

brettsticker86
03-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Semis of one tournament does not qualify as close, Raonic not only has one three but two of those he won without being broken its an different world from Harrison. Plus tomic an incredible talent please, gaquest was a talent when younger, tomic is just above average as his results suggest. Plus for being 6 ft 5 he does not serve that big.

ok, so if you win a tournament, does that not qualify as winning the tournament then? the semifinals of a tournament is close, 2 matches and you're the champ. Tomic IS a raw talent, his hands and redirection of the ball are incredible. there's a lot more to tennis than blasting big serves...just look at, oh i don't know, the top 10? Harrison only has one of the best serves on tour right now, not from a power stand point, which seems to be your obsession. tomic has had some solid wins this season, verdasco one of them. and please don't try to downplay that. more power does not equal more talent. and my response was just a reply to them NEVER having been close to winning a tournament. they've all been deep in at least a few tournaments.

Devilito
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Raonic is on another level. He’s won 3 tournaments while missing 1/2 of last year due to injury. He only really looses to good players. Federer, Hewitt, Meltzer, Nadal, all respectable losses. He has one of the best win/loss records this year. When you watch Raonic play you know he’s pretty much the favorite against anyone outside the top 10 while when you watch guys like Harrison, Young and Dimitrov you know they could lose even against a 200 ranked player if they play sloppy. Raonic is just more consistent at a higher level right now. Tomic is up there too right now. His game is just more developed to be consistant at a higher level. Harrison has the tools, he just needs to mature about 10 more years, he’s still playing with a juniors mindset.

PCXL-Fan
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM

In that aspect sure, however Fed/Djokovic/Nadal/Sampras/Agassi/Lendl/Borg/etc etc were miles ahead of at Raonic 21.2 yrs old.

djokovic2008
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM
ok, so if you win a tournament, does that not qualify as winning the tournament then? the semifinals of a tournament is close, 2 matches and you're the champ. Tomic IS a raw talent, his hands and redirection of the ball are incredible. there's a lot more to tennis than blasting big serves...just look at, oh i don't know, the top 10? Harrison only has one of the best serves on tour right now, not from a power stand point, which seems to be your obsession. tomic has had some solid wins this season, verdasco one of them. and please don't try to downplay that. more power does not equal more talent. and my response was just a reply to them NEVER having been close to winning a tournament. they've all been deep in at least a few tournaments.

Most players if not 95 per cent go deep in tournaments at some point in their career but winning a title is miles away from going deep. Even your berdych, monfils types of players don't win that many tournaments and cherish them when they do, berdych was on a big drought before he last won one so yes winning titles is the key element here. This is what separates champions from also Rans, it's safe to say Raonic will have a more successful career in regards to titles than the likes of Harrison band tomic. Out of interest this talent of tomics you speak of is it more of a talent than a gasquet when he first broke through or even Murray because for hand skills and feel he does not compare.

Power Player
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Raonic is the truth, he just has to stay healthy and completely recover from his injury.

His serve is unreal, and he has the groundies to back it up.

Love when he sneaks in a S&V now and then.

winstonplum
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Now your talkin, good to see your coming to your senses and getting over the horrible ******* fever.

Young Ryan Harrison is the future of American tennis. You left out one of the best second serves in the game and a good aggressive return in your assessment of his skillset, not to mention a winning H2H record against Raonic all the way back to the juniors.

I didn't know about their record back to the juniors. I saw him beat Raonic in the third round of IW last year. I'll always be a *******. He's the reason that I'm obsessed with the game again after spending most of my twenties completely uninterested in tennis. I think everybody who claims as their favorite player one of the greatest of all time (Federer, Nadal, etc) should have to pick a middling 30-100 ranked player. Someone to infuriate them and hopefully watch the ascension of. I've been hooked ever since I walked into Harrison's match against Ljubicic at '10 IW and saw Harrison literally whining to the crowd that he couldn't play well. I was hooked.

ruerooo
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Milos is the truth. He's put on some muscle weight to support that height; nice hustle to the net last night against Roger.
Roger was very complimentary about his form as well.

Young Ryan Harrison is the future of American tennis.

He's a brat.

KHSOLO
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I watched the first 2 sets vs Fed yesterday and Fed lost the first set cause he couldnt break, once he started getting the ball back and having a baseline rally with raonic he just colapsed like a house of cards

Basically no first serve and the kid is totally destroyed, highly doubtfull about this kids future just look at how many second serve points he won where he actually had to play tennis instead of 136 mph serves

Pls be real

ZeroSkid
03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Nishikori is better, if not for Raonics serve he would suck big time

SLD76
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I watched the first 2 sets vs Fed yesterday and Fed lost the first set cause he couldnt break, once he started getting the ball back and having a baseline rally with raonic he just colapsed like a house of cards

Basically no first serve and the kid is totally destroyed, highly doubtfull about this kids future just look at how many second serve points he won where he actually had to play tennis instead of 136 mph serves

Pls be real

*shrug*

alot of players look average or pathetic against Roger...give the kid a few years and then we will see.

The Baseline
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Harrison is a poor man's Roddick. Harrison is a much better player than people give him credit for.

The Baseline
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Raonic is on another level. Hes won 3 tournaments while missing 1/2 of last year due to injury. He only really looses to good players. Federer, Hewitt, Meltzer, Nadal, all respectable losses. He has one of the best win/loss records this year. When you watch Raonic play you know hes pretty much the favorite against anyone outside the top 10 while when you watch guys like Harrison, Young and Dimitrov you know they could lose even against a 200 ranked player if they play sloppy. Raonic is just more consistent at a higher level right now. Tomic is up there too right now. His game is just more developed to be consistant at a higher level. Harrison has the tools, he just needs to mature about 10 more years, hes still playing with a juniors mindset.

Raonic is the best out of the young players. Raonics groundstrokes are crazy flat and full of pace. Raonic is the real deal.

Timbo's hopeless slice
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Tomic and Harrison are years younger and already climbing the rankings in a way Raonic never did at the same age.

Didn't you people see an ageing injured Hewitt dismiss Raonic at the AO?

He's just a serve...

Crazy man
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Tomic and Harrison are years younger and already climbing the rankings in a way Raonic never did at the same age.

Didn't you people see an ageing injured Hewitt dismiss Raonic at the AO?

He's just a serve...

Raonic has a much better forehand, more natural power and oh yeah, has a beastly serve which pretty much give him more ability than Tomic. What a joke, Tomic moves like a 5 legged donkey, has 0 weapons and goes awol mentally in matches. Yeah yeah he won a set from Djokovic at Wimbledon, since when was that an achievement? Here's a few more facts: Raonic is higher ranked than both and has won more tournament than both those players you mentioned combined. This is with the fact he's had injury problems in the last year.

But hey, Tomic is clearly better than Raonic. Raonic is a serve-only player.

Walenty
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Raonic and Nishikori are definitely at the head of the pack. Milos will make top 10 and Kei probably can too.

And everyone saying that they were impressed with Tomic at Wimbledon needs to look at who he played:

R128: Over-the-hill Davydenko
R64: Andreev (He needed 5 sets to beat him on grass)
R32: A mono-stricken Soderling
R16 30 year-old Malisse
QF: Djokovic

Taking a set off Novak was probably the only highlight worth mentioning there. Not saying he won't climb up the rankings, I just don't see him in the same light as Milos is all.

brettsticker86
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Most players if not 95 per cent go deep in tournaments at some point in their career but winning a title is miles away from going deep. Even your berdych, monfils types of players don't win that many tournaments and cherish them when they do, berdych was on a big drought before he last won one so yes winning titles is the key element here. This is what separates champions from also Rans, it's safe to say Raonic will have a more successful career in regards to titles than the likes of Harrison band tomic. Out of interest this talent of tomics you speak of is it more of a talent than a gasquet when he first broke through or even Murray because for hand skills and feel he does not compare.

obviously winning tournaments is completely different than just going deep. my argument was that this thread said they havnt come close, when in fact, they have. not arguing the difference between deep runs and titles.

PCXL-Fan
03-14-2012, 11:17 PM
I actually think "chickenlegs" Tomic is progressing at the same rate or faster than Raonic. Thing is Tomic is 2 years younger, and his weapons take longer to develop as he has to rely more on his ground game than Raonic has to honestly. Raonic serve will win him point after point, regardless if he aces his opponent or not, the opponent has so little control over dictating points even when they do succeed in many RoS.

Tomics game may take longer to come together to gain constancy, because he doesn't have it easy in some was with that incredible serve. The game is a whole lot more physical than 20 years ago when Becker and Chang were playing, thats why you see so few young players break into the top 30. Once 'chicken leg' Tomic with no weapons is a physically developed 22-23 year old he will have the forehand and backhand weapons and a little better leg speed seen in almost all every player who made a stint into top 25 in the past 5 year.

Remember when Delpotro & Murray were a "chickenleg" skinny 18-19 year olds? Not anymore. The "chickenlegs" term some of you guys coin Tomic with is a little silly as he will grow out of it...

Russeljones
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Dimitrov was a little unlucky in the AO to come up against an Almagro in the form of his life (after coming up against Wawrinka in the form of his life in the previous AO)

ruerooo
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I actually think "chickenlegs" Tomic is progressing at the same rate or faster than Raonic.

BrATomic deserves his moniker. He's a brat.
And he cheats.

cknobman
03-15-2012, 06:24 AM
BrATomic deserves his moniker. He's a brat.
And he cheats.

Hes one of those people that when I look at him I want to punch him. No he has not done anything for me to warrant that, and thus I am an ahole, but still certain people give me that feeling and hes one of them.

Evan77
03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I like Raonic as a player. I also like his personality. I think that Tomic is very talented, but I see him as a spoiled brat. don't like him at all. hopefully he'll mature.

the biggest problem is that none of these youngsters can challenge Djokovic or Nadal. it's a complete dominance by top 2. Fed would also spanked them at any given moment.

OK, Djokovic at 24 is obviously at his prime. Nadal at 25 can still win against anybody on the tour not called Djokovic.

it's gonna be tough for these youngsters to get through and win some big tournaments. sure Djok and Nadal will decline at some point but still....