PDA

View Full Version : IG prestige mid is like dating a supermodel...

jman32
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
the mid demo was like dating a supermodel, sure the $ex was great (when it happened) and she is great eye-candy, had curves in all the right places but like a supermodel in the end she was just too demanding. if i got lazy or took my eye off the ball (even for a split second), i hit it short or clipped the tape.

the biggest problem i had was that i found it difficult to get heavy top with my FH. with the mid i would hit a flatter drive or if i tried to hit heavy top, the ball would be more loopy or i would miss the sweet-spot and hit the net. i normally hit a ball 3'-5' feet over the net, drive it deep and kicks up after landing 5'-1' inside the base line, without ballooning.

as as foot note, i also tried the regular youtek mid and found the performance to be similar to the IG, the feel was much better with the IG. there was a slightly larger sweet-spot with the IG. but both lacked the spin potential i am accustom to.

to be fair the mid demos was with with some black/white hybrid. I normal string with full bed of RPM at lower tension.

so now what? the precision and feel was amazing with the mid, i cant go back to playing with my delta core legend leaded to 12.5oz, 340 sw. i am looking to drop weight and SW.

i am considering the IG PMP, IG PP, vcore 95. i am having reservations on the spin potential of the MP, and concerned with the control of the pro with lower string tension. but i am leaning forward the Pro.

if it went to the MP or vcore I would likely mod the spec similar to the Pro.

anything else i should look at? i am biased against wilson. don't ask me why, i just don't like them. hit with K90 (nice but another supermodel and too head light)

thanks

Fed Kennedy
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Take a shower and demo the vcore95. Solid Mirka esque frame.

Meaghan
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
the mid demo was like dating a supermodel, sure the $ex was great (when it happened) and she is great eye-candy, had curves in all the right places but like a supermodel in the end she was just too demanding. if i got lazy or took my eye off the ball (even for a split second), i hit it short or clipped the tape.

the biggest problem i had was that i found it difficult to get heavy top with my FH. with the mid i would hit a flatter drive or if i tried to hit heavy top, the ball would be more loopy or i would miss the sweet-spot and hit the net. i normally hit a ball 3'-5' feet over the net, drive it deep and kicks up after landing 5'-1' inside the base line, without ballooning.

as as foot note, i also tried the regular youtek mid and found the performance to be similar to the IG, the feel was much better with the IG. there was a slightly larger sweet-spot with the IG. but both lacked the spin potential i am accustom to.

to be fair the mid demos was with with some black/white hybrid. I normal string with full bed of RPM at lower tension.

so now what? the precision and feel was amazing with the mid, i cant go back to playing with my delta core legend leaded to 12.5oz, 340 sw. i am looking to drop weight and SW.

i am considering the IG PMP, IG PP, vcore 95. i am having reservations on the spin potential of the MP, and concerned with the control of the pro with lower string tension. but i am leaning forward the Pro.

if it went to the MP or vcore I would likely mod the spec similar to the Pro.

anything else i should look at? i am biased against wilson. don't ask me why, i just don't like them. hit with K90 (nice but another supermodel and too head light)

thanks

thats why they made the Melbourne, its an easier to use Legend....

Dgdavid
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Try the Prestige S.

cork_screw
03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Lol, oh man good stuff. I'm thinking we can all agree Mirka is no supermodel and yes, poor fed we can probably all agree he can do better. And good analogy.

Take a shower and demo the vcore95. Solid Mirka esque frame.

Cup8489
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol, oh man good stuff. I'm thinking we can all agree Mirka is no supermodel and yes, poor fed we can probably all agree he can do better. And good analogy.

who cares if he can get 'better' girls.. she takes care of alot of things for him and they have the cutest daughters ever. It's not all about looks.. not even close.

klementine79
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
^ Agreed.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A woman who can keep a man in check, is not selfish and support him emotionally is a keeper.

SPECULATION
I'd love to date Kirilenko. But Mirka just seems so..... what's the word I'm looking for?.... wholesome.... caring... nurturing... which is attractive imo, and bodes well for a long-term relationship.

drummerdan
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Trade her in on the MidPlus. Sure, she's got a little more meat on the bones but she'll appreciate you more and not let you down. She'd marrying material, for sure.

jman32
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Trade her in on the MidPlus. Sure, she's got a little more meat on the bones but she'll appreciate you more and not let you down. She'd marrying material, for sure.

good advise, it sounds like i should stay away from a "pro" and marry the girl next door

bc-05
03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
no wonder i always like the prestige mids line.. if youtek ig prestige mid is a supermodel, what is a pc 600??

no wonder i always liked supermodel :(

stronzzi70
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
pc 600 is TOP MODEL..

Fuji
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I like to think Mirka is absolutely gorgeous btw! :)

-Fuji

ChicagoJack
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
If the IG Prestige Mid is a super model, then the Volkl Tour 10 Gen 1 MP is a MILF.

bc-05
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Cool that means I've been dating a top model :p and I keep her in check too.. Coz I play my best tennis with a pc600 leaded up to 404 grams..

Just into a more serious note tho.. From most of the review I've gotten, the ig youtek prestige mid is very similar to the pc600.. What do u guys think?

Bartelby
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Don't date a radical junior 25" or you'll be arrested.

klementine79
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I like to think Mirka is absolutely gorgeous btw! :)

-Fuji

Not only do we have the same tastes in music my friend... but it seems we share the same affinity towards a certain mold of female.

Fuji
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Not only do we have the same tastes in music my friend... but it seems we share the same affinity towards a certain mold of female.

I'm glad to see another beautiful women appreciator out there!

Maybe our music similarities lead to the love of the same type of women? ;)

-Fuji