PDA

View Full Version : So many 100''s

adso1973
03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

Lately i've been thinking on 2 possible ways of improving my game, 1 go for a 100sq racquet or a heavy mp. What I'm looking for take advantage of my serve and heavy shots that with my EXO Tour are not paying the bill.
So looking at the first choice (100's) as they are not too heavy not too light, can get a lot of power and nice plow on servers and groundstrokes I found plenty of frames but narrowing chances I'm thinking on
- PD
- APD
- Extreme Pro
- Wilson.. what happened with Wilson we have the juice, the steam, Pro Open and Pro Staff 100''.. all of them with similar specs..

Can anyone help me with the difference on wilson frames, and in terms of confort and control which one would be a winner here?

Thanks!

LuxLou
03-12-2012, 01:14 PM
The blade 98 not to your liking either? Sounds like demo time

adso1973
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I really like the way the blade feels but I can't dial with it. I believe is due to the high SW and even the balance.

I though on adding some lead in the handle but it will increase the SW as well.

Really enjoy playing with the RDIS 100 a little more and have better results with the EXO100.

Thanks for asking.

luishcorreia
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I like the wilson blx blade 98

Cup8489
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
get a MG extreme; cheap, more pop but with the 16x19/100" headsize, and most importantly cheap!

I just ordered two myself, as I always do well with pure drive type frames but prefer the feel of most Head frames.

bertrevert
03-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Lately i've been thinking on 2 possible ways of improving my game, 1 go for a 100sq racquet or a heavy mp. What I'm looking for take advantage of my serve and heavy shots that with my EXO Tour are not paying the bill.
So looking at the first choice (100's) as they are not too heavy not too light, !

Hang on that's not justification for choosing option 1 and ignoring your option 2.

(I am in the exact same boat, btw.)

You say the Exo 100 is not doing it - yet go looking for more 100's!?!!?

Hang on what's put you off the heavier smaller head-size route (because after a demo of the BLX Pro Open I am seriously back to let's say the Wilson six.one 95 Team or maybe even the heavier one with a spinny 16x18 stringbed)

Why sticking with the 100s when you need a change?

adso1973
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Hang on that's not justification for choosing option 1 and ignoring your option 2.
Why sticking with the 100s when you need a change?

Well, I started another thread with the heavy ones in mind, blx 6.1 16x18, Organix 10, X Force pro & PST. I know these are great frames but also more demanding and I believe an stiffer 100sq pure drive style can deliver power and solidness I want in an easier to handle package.

What do you think about it ?

ArliHawk
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm curious about a couple of 100s. The Yonex Ezone xi and Pacific Fast Pro have my eye. Might have to demo those soon.

bertrevert
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, I started another thread with the heavy ones in mind, blx 6.1 16x18, Organix 10, X Force pro & PST. I know these are great frames but also more demanding and I believe an stiffer 100sq pure drive style can deliver power and solidness I want in an easier to handle package.

What do you think about it ?

Oh ok I'll try to find that thread.

I'm in two minds nowadays about what is demanding and what is not.

1. A lighter frame offers manouverability but lacks plow-through so you have to spend your time hitting really hard (meaning errors) to get penetration through the court.

2. a heavier MP leaves me often late on my BH, but gee my forehand becomes accurate and comes closer to a weapon.

Anyway

I had a not very good outing with the BLX Pro Open. It's just too much stringbed in which (it's hard to describe) I cannot find the feel of the ball, I cannot tell what is going on.

I have a full fast swing causing other issues, but at least with a 95 I can find the defined sweetspot.

I quickly went bak to a Speed MP 300 whihc although still a 100, is much more low-powered, has a much smaller sweetspot, and gave me focus.

Pure Drives and their like seem not to gel well with my whippy full-fast swing.

The 100 seemed like a monster still slow on my BH! darn...

I think the idea has been floated in this forum about tuning a racquet to your swing therefore our swings are as individual as we are. I suppose if you're using a 100 then why cahnge...?