PDA

View Full Version : How good is Kohlschreiber's footwork?

TennisNiche
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
http://bit.ly/zPsVme

Check out the video in the link above - I have to say the German must be in the top 10 for footwork; pretty extreme grips AND long strokes on FH and BH yet he manages to stay on (or near) the baseline against Del Potro, one of the bigger hitters on tour. Look how quick his feet move and how precise the steps are.

Any other underrated movers on tour? (Pls no mentions of Fed, Rafa, Novak, Monfils etc).

The Bawss
03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
People call me crazy when I compare Kohlschreiber's talent to Gasquets. So I won't. But I want to.

Xizel
03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
5:55. Love the reaction after that point. Too bad noone got it.

ATXtennisaddict
03-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Would be nice to have more videos of players like Federer, Nadal, Novak from this angle.

PK's legs are like a machine. And those guys are hitting crazy hard.

Jonny S&V
03-12-2012, 06:57 PM
People call me crazy when I compare Kohlschreiber's talent to Gasquets. So I won't. But I want to.

He definitely has the talent, but unlike Gasquet, he tends to be underpowered, but like Gasquet, he tends to be a little fragile...

blackfrido
03-12-2012, 07:05 PM
this guy does not have footwork at all, he's running for his life here :)

TennisNiche
03-13-2012, 03:05 AM
They can both be overpowered, but in different ways.

Kohlschreiber's rallying forehand is heavy, reasonably paced and has good depth and angle. But against the top players he lacks another gear on his forehand which can see him overpowered.

Gasquet, on a bad day, will allow himself to be overpowered by Diego Juanqueira. If he's in a defensive mood, metres behind the baseline, the forehand will be exposed. When he wants to be step into the court and be aggressive with his forehand it certainly isn't lacking in power.

SLD76
03-13-2012, 04:18 AM

All I know is...I hate *HATE* playing Kohlschreiber in Virtua Tennis 4.

That mofo can have you running side to side like a fool with the angles he hits.

Federererer
06-08-2012, 03:11 PM
All I know is...I hate *HATE* playing Kohlschreiber in Virtua Tennis 4.

That mofo can have you running side to side like a fool with the angles he hits.

Can anyone tell me why Wozniaki can hit with more power than me (Federer) in Virtua tennis 4? I play on Normal mode. Any tips?

pvaudio
06-08-2012, 03:18 PM
They really need court level angle permanently (not that low, however). It makes it so much more exciting.