PDA

View Full Version : Roddick When Will He Ever Learn...

cork_screw
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Just watching Indian Wells and Roddick (vs berdych) is arguing a call that he thought he challenged in time with clear distinction and belittled the chair umpire, when in the replay he was actually wrong. He said he challenged 6 times, but it wasn't even clear if he made a gesture the first time, it looked like he wasn't sure, looked at his camp then shrugged it off, then he started to belittle the chair umpire. He didn't make it clear and if at any confirmation it happened very overdue what is allowed, he is a real dick. Can't believe people love this guy so much as he has no class or reserve. He says whatever he wants to and talks down to people constantly when he himself is wrong most of the time. He actually did this at least in one recent occasion during the US Open when a linesman called him on a foot fault that he actually infracted. It's getting old andy. Learn you're wrong and grow up.

Praetorian
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
ok, you don't like him. Good to know.

volleygirl
03-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Agree with you cork screw. I was watching and he definitely didnt make 6 requests to challenge like he lied and said he did. The guys a joke and the only player I really root against.

Yourtenniscoach
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
The older he gets the more of a jackass he seems to be becoming. I'm finding it harder and harder to cheer for him simply because of his rudeness and demeaning attitude.

Nathaniel_Near
03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
The older he gets the more of a jackass he seems to be becoming. I'm finding it harder and harder to cheer for him simply because of his rudeness and demeaning attitude.

Bingolicious! Bang on.

Agreex100

SStrikerR
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
He's a professional athlete and he's frustrated. People let off steam different ways, and his personality (something you can't really change) leads him to argue. Don't like it? Don't watch, or get over it.

Another thing, you don't know anywhere near enough about him to call him a dick. Maybe you don't like his on-court attitude, but you can't judge him as a person considering you don't know him. If anything, that makes you just as "classless" as you call him.

Stringer_Steve
03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
ok, you don't like him. Good to know.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing from reading just the title of the post.

He's a professional athlete and he's frustrated. People let off steam different ways, and his personality (something you can't really change) leads him to argue. Don't like it? Don't watch, or get over it.

Another thing, you don't know anywhere near enough about him to call him a dick. Maybe you don't like his on-court attitude, but you can't judge him as a person considering you don't know him. If anything, that makes you just as "classless" as you call him.
Well said. (And trust me, I am not Roddick's biggest fan) But some people may want to look in the mirror before spouting off.

nadalwon2012
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Is it acceptable to 'let off steam' in that manner? To the point of insulting others? The fans are well in their right to criticize Roddick's behavior (which they are doing without insulting him in any way whatsoever). It is not acceptable. It's "his personality" is no defense for one person insulting another person on the street.

nadalwon2012
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Roddick is a professional athlete conducting his job in an unprofessional way.

volleygirl
03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Did you see the end of the match? Did Roddick say "thanks, thanks for screwing up" to the chair official when shaking his hand? Thats what it sounded like to me just wonder if others saw it and heard the same thing.

Praetorian
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Pray tell what is your definition of professional? He gets paid to play, and within the confines of the rules. It's not like he lobbying for rules to give himeself an advantage in the game.

Like many have said, if you like him, don't watch him play. Pretty sure he'll get over it, so should you.

Mainad
03-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Did you see the end of the match? Did Roddick say "thanks, thanks for screwing up" to the chair official when shaking his hand? Thats what it sounded like to me just wonder if others saw it and heard the same thing.

Lol...Fish refused to shake the umpire's hand after his loss to Ebden earlier. What is it with US players and umpires??

volleygirl
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Lol...Fish refused to shake the umpire's hand after his loss to Ebden earlier. What is it with US players and umpires??

I watched that match also and Fish at least thought he had a reason to be upset with the umpire. Roddick didnt and I never even saw the umpire miss a call in the Roddick match. Fish thought he was screwed with the call late in the match but the umpire made the correct call.

Praetorian
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM

I know right. NO OTHER non US player EVER complains.

volleygirl
03-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I know right. NO OTHER non US player EVER complains.

So defensive. No one ever said non US players dont complain did they?

Praetorian
03-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I watched that match also and Fish at least thought he had a reason to be upset with the umpire. Roddick didnt and I never even saw the umpire miss a call in the Roddick match. Fish thought he was screwed with the call late in the match but the umpire made the correct call.

you know what's funny, is that if this rule is truly consistent, Azarenka would lose everytime she hits the ball. She constantly moans well into the hitting of the opposing player.

Praetorian
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
So defensive. No one ever said non US players dont complain did they?

Cool story.

volleygirl
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
you know what's funny, is that if this rule is truly consistent, Azarenka would lose everytime she hits the ball. She constantly moans well into the hitting of the opposing player.

I wish the ladies would complain more and see if they will enforce it.

FD3S
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM

I actually thought it was just a straight 'thanks' - wasn't paying too much attention, to be honest.

As for Roddick's tantrums; no, they're not okay by any stretch of the imagination, but the way people castigate him sometimes you'd think they've never done it themselves at any point in their lives and Roddick is a terrible person in all ways possible.

Yes devila, we already know.

sportsfan1
03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I do find Roddick's berating and insult of officials downright disgusting. I have always wondered why the umpires and linespeople don't throw back atleast a cheeky retort, as an example, Roddick's comment below is begging for a reply such as "And I have wondered why you lose early at tournaments, now I know why."

How would you handle it if it were you on the receiving end of this?

From: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=16738&zoneid=6

"I wondered why I'd never seen you at a professional match before," Roddick was reported to have said to the linesperson by the Palm Beach Post. "Now I know why with that call."

Roddick was also have said to have pointed at his wife, model Brooklyn Decker, after every winner.

Winner_DownTheLine
03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I agree with the OP, RodDICK is a classless brat. It's time to hang it up andy, you are not gonna win s*it. I wonder how long Brooklyn will be with him?

SStrikerR
03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Umps are trained to deal with it. Officials deal with verbal abuse in EVERY SPORT, at ALL LEVELS. In fact, even with players like Roddick arguing with them from time to time, tennis umps have it a lot easier than officials in other sports.

Roddick33
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Umps are trained to deal with it. Officials deal with verbal abuse in EVERY SPORT, at ALL LEVELS. In fact, even with players like Roddick arguing with them from time to time, tennis umps have it a lot easier than officials in other sports.

I agree. Tennis umpires have it easier.

TheTruth
03-12-2012, 09:35 PM

I don't know, but I can't stand how they act. You always know if they're losing they're going to abuse the umpire. As a rule I don't watch him, but I like Berdych so I sat through it. I'm so glad he lost, now at least the umpires are safer.

Stringer_Steve
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't know, but I can't stand how they act. You always know if they're losing they're going to abuse the umpire. As a rule I don't watch him, but I like Berdych so I sat through it. I'm so glad he lost, now at least the umpires are safer.

Yeah, because we all know how great a sport Berdych is, right?

FD3S
03-12-2012, 09:52 PM

Oh man, it's Berdych/Almagro next isn't it?

I was rooting for Roddick pretty hard, but this is a pretty good consolation prize.

TheTruth
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Berdych has a few transgressions, but you can't possibly compare him to Roddick who has tomes full.

Not only that, I only know what the commentators say about Berdych and I don't trust or believe the lot of them.

Stringer_Steve
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Berdych has a few transgressions, but you can't possibly compare him to Roddick who has tomes full.

Not only that, I only know what the commentators say about Berdych and I don't trust or believe the lot of them.

Well I can tell you first hand when I've seen him in person, he is an ***. Couple that with not what has been said, but what we've all seen on TV and well..... That being said, my point is if you're going to b!tch about one player at least be consistent and acknowledge ALL players have their issues. And before you say, "But you can't compare ...... to ........" I realize everybody has players they like and dislike. As mentioned before, don't like 'em, don't watch 'em!

Cup8489
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM

haven't seen any of his bullcrap live? I have, he's not any better than Roddick.. except Roddick goes after umpires; berdych starts crap with everyone.

for instance, shushing the spanish crowd after beating rafa, and getting a response from Nadal himself for the antic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udXOUAzvGc&t=5m30s

magnut
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I love it! I am tired of these guys going out meekly. Let them fight. This is the mens game after all.

Anyone remember Connors....."YOUR AN ABORTION!" tantrum. Tennis is a bunch of sissys now. Cant even call an asian woman Chinese anymore.

Berych is the biggest wimp. Wah, Wah Almagro hit a ball at me! Hit him back you wimp. Thats what Ivan would do.

jokinla
03-12-2012, 11:04 PM
So treating the umpire like his bitc* is acceptable, just like Mac's behavior was acceptable right? When you have kids you will learn that this behavior is NOT acceptable, because RodDICK is setting a bad example for them, coaches and parents can tell their kids not to act like this, but then they see these pros doing it, they think it's okay and it's not, it's classless.

Nathaniel_Near
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
I wanna see Roger explode at the umpire ridiculously and then say afterwards that he was 'just kidding, had to feel what it would be like to be Andy Roddick'.

I remember when Federer shouted '****' after a shot and grinned like a naughty guilty boy as he was given a warning by the umpire!

magnut
03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
So treating the umpire like his bitc* is acceptable, just like Mac's behavior was acceptable right? When you have kids you will learn that this behavior is NOT acceptable, because RodDICK is setting a bad example for them, coaches and parents can tell their kids not to act like this, but then they see these pros doing it, they think it's okay and it's not, it's classless.

Nice, Here ya go................

I have kids. They worship and model their behavior after dad and mom not some professional athlete that does not even know there name. Maybe when you learn how to parent your kids and be a good role model you will understand. If your kids are modeling themselves after strangers instead of you and your spouse its probably time to get off the internet and spend some quality time with them.

Have a nice day:wink:

FD3S
03-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I love it! I am tired of these guys going out meekly. Let them fight. This is the mens game after all.

Anyone remember Connors....."YOUR AN ABORTION!" tantrum. Tennis is a bunch of sissys now. Cant even call an asian woman Chinese anymore.

Berych is the biggest wimp. Wah, Wah Almagro hit a ball at me! Hit him back you wimp. Thats what Ivan would do.

Funny you should bring up Connors, because I just heard this story (possibly apocryphal, it was via word of mouth):

He was scheduled to play Nastase at a tournament, but before the match word got out that there had been some kind of natural disaster in Romania (earthquake, flood - can't remember) and there was apparently an unspoken agreement not to tell Nasty, because no one wanted his game adversely affected because of this.

Connors being Connors though, when he found out the first thing he said when he saw Nastase was something along the lines of "Hey buddy! Hope you still got a house!" :shock:

Stringer_Steve
03-12-2012, 11:29 PM

I have kids. They worship and model their behavior after dad and mom not some professional athlete that does not even know there name. Maybe when you learn how to parent your kids and be a good role model you will understand. If your kids are modeling themselves after strangers instead of you and your spouse its probably time to get off the internet and spend some quality time with them.

WOW!
Thought it too,....wasn't going to say it, but thought it
Well stated

magnut
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Funny you should bring up Connors, because I just heard this story (possibly apocryphal, it was via word of mouth):

He was scheduled to play Nastase at a tournament, but before the match word got out that there had been some kind of natural disaster in Romania (earthquake, flood - can't remember) and there was apparently an unspoken agreement not to tell Nasty, because no one wanted his game adversely affected because of this.

Connors being Connors though, when he found out the first thing he said when he saw Nastase was something along the lines of "Hey buddy! Hope you still got a house!" :shock:

Sounds like Jimmy! Heres one...."Get your *** out of that chair, Your a Bum!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ww7KM2qFR4

jokinla
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM

My kids aren't up at midnight, perhaps yours are. I guess reading isn't your strong suit, so I'll type it again, kids will try and emulate the pros they see on tv, no matter what you tell them. They should be able to watch tennis and not see this behavior, why do you think it gets booed, players are penalized, etc. You probably never played competitive tennis, so you wouldn't know any better, but this type of behavior only hurts your game, as well as the poor example it sets.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM

Perhaps you can take your kid to Llodra's next match, since he was probably just blowing off steam, it's okay, right?

Spin Doctor
03-13-2012, 12:45 AM

I re-wound it a few times and still couldn't make out what he said. Definitely something sarcastic/impolite though.

egn
03-13-2012, 12:56 AM
My kids aren't up at midnight, perhaps yours are. I guess reading isn't your strong suit, so I'll type it again, kids will try and emulate the pros they see on tv, no matter what you tell them. They should be able to watch tennis and not see this behavior, why do you think it gets booed, players are penalized, etc. You probably never played competitive tennis, so you wouldn't know any better, but this type of behavior only hurts your game, as well as the poor example it sets.

However if your kid acts like a brat, you can easily lay down the law on the child. At a young age if you see your 10 year old throw a fit on a court, you have the power to take him off the court, tell him it's not right and forbid him from playing if the behavior persists. Don't say Roddick is going to affect someone's parenting for berating an umpire. If you can't stop your child from acting like a brat, it's not Roddick's fault. That's bordering that whole violent video game argument, start being a parent and teaching your kids value instead of telling them oh do what all these people on tv do. If you can't tell your kids to not act like Roddick and have them listen then the last poster has a point, learn how to raise your kids and don't have Roddick do it for you.

joeri888
03-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Why is being a nice guy necessarily what you want to see as a fan? I would die of sadness if Roddick decides to retire, but not because he is so nice and classy, but because he's different, because he cares, because he wants to win and wants to be a jerk to win. I like that. He's a nice guy off the court, an ******* on it. I like that a LOT.

FD3S
03-13-2012, 01:24 AM

That bolded part is wrong.

Players are under no obligation to act like role models. Is it nice when they do? Sure! If Roddick could keep the competitive fire and the funny quips whilst cutting out the jackassery, that'd be amazing. But that's not his job. His job is to play tennis, and it's the job of the parents to point out 'hey, that's not how you should act'. They do it anyway? Pull them off court, discipline them, read them the riot act, whatever. Contrary to what you think, it works; it worked on Borg (huge hothead when he was younger), it worked on Federer (took his coaches and not his parents, but same principle) and it worked on Nadal (dude's never broken a racquet ever). It's not 'no matter what you tell them', and to be frank implying that it is in any way is nothing but a cop-out. "Oh, they're going to act like X no matter what I do, so I guess it's X's responsibility to clean up their act!"

No. It's not.

ThoughtCrime
03-13-2012, 01:53 AM
C'mon people. Do you really think that in a middle of a highly competitive match, out in the heat, a player is going to think things through rationally. Hasn't any one done or said something they regret in the heat of the moment?

Roddick is probably a very intense and emotional player hence the outbursts. Not everybody can repress their emotions like Federer during a match. I'm not a fan of Roddick but some people here need to stop acting like he committed murder.

On a side note, it's not Roddick's responsibility to educate your children.

devila
03-13-2012, 04:18 AM
who're you kidding?
he badmouthed djokovic and monfils. funny how he salivated all over federer.
roddick's not enough of a hero to feel ENTITLED TO LAXED RULES IN TENNIS.
the abnormal, self-humiliating antics had nothing to do with performing for tennis events.

he's a role model for kids, no matter HOW you deny IT.
he promoted his children's charity and kids' tennis events with his family and opponents.
you better stop pretending he's so nice and just another tennis "star".
he's not worth a cent, after the hypocritical behavior he displayed the last 8 years.

the buffoon's a bitter little boy.
he feels the need to be famous no matter what to give back to
his parents and prove he's a strong charitable. tough macho man.
outside his disrespect for coaches & tennis, he just became a sycophant to naive fans who'll donate money to him.
he hung around better athletes and famous rich people to get free favors, time off from tennis and employment in sport jobs.. nothing more, nothing less.

he literally was lucky to be alive when his umbilical tangled around his neck, so he heard "you're a fighter. you're so great" repeatedly.
he's not very bright; he's a bore on the court/in public. he knows this.
the frustration stung him and grew bigger due to constant expectations from
his family.
they did this biography for him because they wanted roddick fame.
what they all needed to do was refuse the media bait and interviews but his best interests and desires were
not an important concern. they just wanted attention, wealth, celebrity connections and trophies to gloat about.
his bro was also an overeater and he suffered severe back injuries and tendinitis, like he does.

aphex
03-13-2012, 04:29 AM
his bro was also an overeater and he suffered severe back injuries and tendinitis, like he does.

This was the final straw! Damn you Andy Roddick!

jeebeesus
03-13-2012, 04:47 AM
He probably is frustrated with himself , his ability on a free fall it seems. And is taking it out on whatever gets in his way...
He is still one of my favorite

SLD76
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM

roflmao.

oh the irony.

pmerk34
03-13-2012, 05:30 AM

I noticed this too and this follows John McEnroe's pattern: the older and worse he got the MORE he argued and his vulgarity increased ten fold. In his younger days Mac rarely cursed which I think kept him in a lot of peoples good graces as sort of "passionate tortured genius" out there . By 1987 people were sick of Johns antics as he let F bombs fly at will.

Yesterday Roddick looked annoyed, distracted and like he doesn't enjoy the sport anymore. His treatment of officials is getting worse and his serve no longer routinely hits 140 mph.

Has any player in the the history of tennis gone from a massive FH that Roddick once possessed to a mediocre FH? I've never seen such a dramatic drop off like this that I can recall in someones forehand.

SLD76
03-13-2012, 05:52 AM
I noticed this too and this follows John McEnroe's pattern: the older and worse he got the MORE he argued and his vulgarity increased ten fold. In his younger days Mac rarely cursed which I think kept him in a lot of peoples good graces as sort of "passionate tortured genius" out there . By 1987 people were sick of Johns antics as he let F bombs fly at will.

Yesterday Roddick looked annoyed, distracted and like he doesn't enjoy the sport anymore. His treatment of officials is getting worse and his serve no longer routinely hits 140 mph.

Has any player in the the history of tennis gone from a massive FH that Roddick once possessed to a mediocre FH? I've never seen such a dramatic drop off like this that I can recall in someones forehand.

I blame his coach. he went from crushing the fh to this grinding spinny game.

Roforot
03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
I blame his coach. he went from crushing the fh to this grinding spinny game.

It coincided with when he changed from Brad Gilbert to his next coach? I think it was his brother? Or was it Jimmy Connors? Either way he started hitting a more looping FH... I thought it seemed like he was trying to emulate Nadal!

volleygirl
03-13-2012, 07:18 AM

McEnroe wasnt around when instant replay was being used though so some of his outbursts maybe could be understood but Roddick still complains and whines even after a replay shows he was wrong. Last night he challenged one serve and moved back into position to return a 2nd serve since he just KNEW it was out. Once the replay showed he was wrong and it was an ace, he throws his arms up and gives the umpire a look like "I know someones doctoring with the replay system just so you can screw me." When replay shows your wrong and you still complain, then youre a dam joke.

Tcbtennis
03-13-2012, 07:18 AM
My main problem with Roddick is the way he verbally attacks the lines people. It says something about a person about how they treat people they perceive to be "lesser" than him. They can't respond or fight back because they will lose their jobs. It's like the jacka** at the supermarket who keeps riding the person behind the meat counter or checkout line. It's rude and uncalled for. If Roddick wants to go after Djokovic or the TV commentators that is completely fine because they can respond and defend themselves.

gilly2571
03-13-2012, 07:49 AM
It is becoming increasingly uncomfortable to watch Roddick and listen to his "smart mouth" as he wraps up his career. I can understand a player breaking a racket in frustration or whacking a ball into the stands. What I can't see is one berating officials senselessly because he is frustrated while being outplayed by better players. It was a good career Andy, go out in style!

sportsfan1
03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
My main problem with Roddick is the way he verbally attacks the lines people. It says something about a person about how they treat people they perceive to be "lesser" than him. They can't respond or fight back because they will lose their jobs. It's like the jacka** at the supermarket who keeps riding the person behind the meat counter or checkout line. It's rude and uncalled for. If Roddick wants to go after Djokovic or the TV commentators that is completely fine because they can respond and defend themselves.

This sums up pretty well why Roddick's tantrums are annoying. It's more due to who it's directed to, than just what was said.

volleygirl
03-13-2012, 08:05 AM

I agree with you totally. Talking down to people you know cant respond is ridiculous and I wish the chair umpire would show some balls and do something about it.

Walenty
03-13-2012, 08:09 AM

Agreed. They say the easiest way to read someone is to watch how they treat a waiter at a restaurant. It's a shame too because Roddick is a hoot off the court, but his inevitable b******* after he starts losing makes it impossible to root for him.

Same with Fish. And let's face it--Isner and Querrey are a bore. Let's all pray Harrison doesn't keep turning into Roddick2.0

pmerk34
03-13-2012, 08:18 AM
It coincided with when he changed from Brad Gilbert to his next coach? I think it was his brother? Or was it Jimmy Connors? Either way he started hitting a more looping FH... I thought it seemed like he was trying to emulate Nadal!

Nadal has the best FH on tour these days so he failed miserably if he was trying to copy Nadal.

pmerk34
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
McEnroe wasnt around when instant replay was being used though so some of his outbursts maybe could be understood but Roddick still complains and whines even after a replay shows he was wrong. Last night he challenged one serve and moved back into position to return a 2nd serve since he just KNEW it was out. Once the replay showed he was wrong and it was an ace, he throws his arms up and gives the umpire a look like "I know someones doctoring with the replay system just so you can screw me." When replay shows your wrong and you still complain, then youre a dam joke.

It's becoming uncomfortable to watch. for some reason though I do suspect hawkeye isn't 100% accurate either

devila
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
dick obviously has narcissistic problems.
he measures friendship and value with slam wins and money.
in the berdych match, he whined & blabbered in the third game, so it's not about serious tennis stress to him.

he hasn't grown up ever since he found out that he couldn't repeatedly win slams,
clay masters titles and davis cup unless the draws opened up and davis cup
bad line calls resulted from a team captain's influence, & cheating took place against a short weaker opponent (like olivier rochus at belgium in 2007).

devila
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Agreed. They say the easiest way to read someone is to watch how they treat a waiter at a restaurant. It's a shame too because Roddick is a hoot off the court, but his inevitable b******* after he starts losing makes it impossible to root for him.

Same with Fish. And let's face it--Isner and Querrey are a bore. Let's all pray Harrison doesn't keep turning into Roddick2.0

dick gained 20 pounds and tried to get sympathy for his "suffering" in 2005 by saying "i love eating cheetos". i doubt that he took tennis seriously because everyone bowed down to him, including his "coach brother" and guilt-tripping mother.

church boy roddick says he respects everyone. but, when he mocked djoker and monfils, dick didn't say sorry to them...he just pretended no one cared.

magnut
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
who're you kidding?
he badmouthed djokovic and monfils. funny how he salivated all over federer.
roddick's not enough of a hero to feel ENTITLED TO LAXED RULES IN TENNIS.
the abnormal, self-humiliating antics had nothing to do with performing for tennis events.

he's a role model for kids, no matter HOW you deny IT.
he promoted his children's charity and kids' tennis events with his family and opponents.
you better stop pretending he's so nice and just another tennis "star".
he's not worth a cent, after the hypocritical behavior he displayed the last 8 years.

the buffoon's a bitter little boy.
he feels the need to be famous no matter what to give back to
his parents and prove he's a strong charitable. tough macho man.
outside his disrespect for coaches & tennis, he just became a sycophant to naive fans who'll donate money to him.
he hung around better athletes and famous rich people to get free favors, time off from tennis and employment in sport jobs.. nothing more, nothing less.

he literally was lucky to be alive when his umbilical tangled around his neck, so he heard "you're a fighter. you're so great" repeatedly.
he's not very bright; he's a bore on the court/in public. he knows this.
the frustration stung him and grew bigger due to constant expectations from
his family.
they did this biography for him because they wanted roddick fame.
what they all needed to do was refuse the media bait and interviews but his best interests and desires were
not an important concern. they just wanted attention, wealth, celebrity connections and trophies to gloat about.

I hate to break your heart but 99% of professional athletes are just like this when there is no camera around.

Serioussly, turn off the TV and stop obsessing. Stop worrying about how other people want to act. Your unhappiness is not Andys fault anymore than his is yours. Celebrity/professional athlete/whomever... obsession is a sickness. Take responsibility of your own life and stop blaming others.

Or

BAN Andy Roddick!!! He is destroying the youth of America!:shock:

babolat king
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM

American unsportsmanship at its finest. Sports now a days is a "ME" sport, its all about "ME." Everything from the individual to team sports its definately the same thing.

Its funny, the chair umpires have almost nothing to do doing the match now a days and players still get ****ed at them. They dont control line calls anymore, they dont monitor on court coaching, or time between points. They just sit there with the best seat in the house and get paid to watch tennis.

Why do players get mad at them? I dont understand it? We are far removed from the Johnny Mac and Connors days.

magnut
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
American unsportsmanship at its finest. Sports now a days is a "ME" sport, its all about "ME." Everything from the individual to team sports its definately the same thing.

Its funny, the chair umpires have almost nothing to do doing the match now a days and players still get ****ed at them. They dont control line calls anymore, they dont monitor on court coaching, or time between points. They just sit there with the best seat in the house and get paid to watch tennis.

Why do players get mad at them? I dont understand it? We are far removed from the Johnny Mac and Connors days.

These guys now days are tame puppies when it comes to the guys of the past. Back in the old days they used to insult the umps wives etc. etc. Now they just ***** and moan. The old days they made a spectacle of things.

Conners.....

"Your an Abortion!" (My personal favorite)
"Get your as out of that chair!"
"Your a Bum....Your a Bum!"
"Next time kiss me before you #$#$ me!"

I wont even start with Nastase. He made Conners look like Edberg.

pmerk34
03-13-2012, 09:55 AM
These guys now days are tame puppies when it comes to the guys of the past. Back in the old days they used to insult the umps wives etc. etc. Now they just ***** and moan. The old days they made a spectacle of things.

Conners.....

"Your an Abortion!" (My personal favorite)
"Get your as out of that chair!"
"Your a Bum....Your a Bum!"
"Next time kiss me before you #$#$ me!"

I wont even start with Nastase. He made Conners look like Edberg.

McEnroe in the 1990 Australian Open "Go **** your mother"

Default, Mr. McEnroe. game set and Match Pernfors"

magnut
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
McEnroe in the 1990 Australian Open "Go **** your mother"

Default, Mr. McEnroe. game set and Match Pernfors"

Yeah that was a funny one.

He just could not believe he got defaulted!

Even worse was Serena threatening a line judge with bodily harm.....gee whats the big deal, I just threatened to kill the woman?

Ah, professional athletes....what great role models they are.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
However if your kid acts like a brat, you can easily lay down the law on the child. At a young age if you see your 10 year old throw a fit on a court, you have the power to take him off the court, tell him it's not right and forbid him from playing if the behavior persists. Don't say Roddick is going to affect someone's parenting for berating an umpire. If you can't stop your child from acting like a brat, it's not Roddick's fault. That's bordering that whole violent video game argument, start being a parent and teaching your kids value instead of telling them oh do what all these people on tv do. If you can't tell your kids to not act like Roddick and have them listen then the last poster has a point, learn how to raise your kids and don't have Roddick do it for you.

Of course you can lay down the law, but that doesn't excuse Roddick and his disgusting behavior, and it certainly shouldn't be justified by the morons of this forum, by saying, it's okay, he was just blowing off steam, grow up losers. People can say it's not Roddick's fault, but everyone, including the people on this forum are influenced by what they see on TV, and children are the most susceptible, if Roddick didn't set an example of, I'm ****ed, I'm famous, therefore I am entitled to belittle you, then it wouldn't be another behavior that kids would emulate when they encounter this same problem. Tennis shouldn't be synonymous with violent video games, that need a warning label preventing young kids from enjoying, but with that kind of crap, it should. Of course it's not Roddick's job to raise my kids, it's his job to be professional and conduct himself accordingly, which doesn't include his pompous, arrogant, egotistical behavior. People can pretend to be father of the year, but when they condone this behavior, they prove otherwise.

Andyroddickfan
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
dick obviously has narcissistic problems.
he measures friendship and value with slam wins and money.
in the berdych match, he whined & blabbered in the third game, so it's not about serious tennis stress to him.

he hasn't grown up ever since he found out that he couldn't repeatedly win slams,
clay masters titles and davis cup unless the draws opened up and davis cup
bad line calls resulted from a team captain's influence, & cheating took place against a short weaker opponent (like olivier rochus at belgium in 2007).

By calling him a dick aren't you just stooping down to his level? And why do you have so much anger directed toward roddick? Did he steal your girlfriend? Maybe one day you can become an
influential person and your opinion will mean something to roddick, but probably not. So looks
like your going to have to deal with it.

Edit: I read some of your other posts. What is wrong with you? It's not healthy to have so much anger directed towards one person. You might need to get some help. But I hope you have a nice life and i hope roddicks success won't haunt you forever. Also I'm not going to reply to anything you say because you are clearly below my intellectual status and therefore I won't waste my time talking to you.

magnut
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Of course you can lay down the law, but that doesn't excuse Roddick and his disgusting behavior, and it certainly shouldn't be justified by the morons of this forum, by saying, it's okay, he was just blowing off steam, grow up losers. People can say it's not Roddick's fault, but everyone, including the people on this forum are influenced by what they see on TV, and children are the most susceptible, if Roddick didn't set an example of, I'm ****ed, I'm famous, therefore I am entitled to belittle you, then it wouldn't be another behavior that kids would emulate when they encounter this same problem. Tennis shouldn't be synonymous with violent video games, that need a warning label preventing young kids from enjoying, but with that kind of crap, it should. Of course it's not Roddick's job to raise my kids, it's his job to be professional and conduct himself accordingly, which doesn't include his pompous, arrogant, egotistical behavior. People can pretend to be father of the year, but when they condone this behavior, they prove otherwise.

Preach it!!!

Can I get an Amen?

jokinla
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
That bolded part is wrong.

Players are under no obligation to act like role models. Is it nice when they do? Sure! If Roddick could keep the competitive fire and the funny quips whilst cutting out the jackassery, that'd be amazing. But that's not his job. His job is to play tennis, and it's the job of the parents to point out 'hey, that's not how you should act'. They do it anyway? Pull them off court, discipline them, read them the riot act, whatever. Contrary to what you think, it works; it worked on Borg (huge hothead when he was younger), it worked on Federer (took his coaches and not his parents, but same principle) and it worked on Nadal (dude's never broken a racquet ever). It's not 'no matter what you tell them', and to be frank implying that it is in any way is nothing but a cop-out. "Oh, they're going to act like X no matter what I do, so I guess it's X's responsibility to clean up their act!"

No. It's not.

Their job is to play tennis, and treat others with respect, if the players you mentioned hadn't seen images of famous players before them exhibiting this crap, then they wouldn't be doing it themselves. Of course kids are going to act their age at times, and you correct this, but professionals with cameras rolling should refrain from setting this example. Roddick is a bad example for kids. If you think this behavior is acceptable, that's unfortunate for you, because it's not, and thankfully when it raises it's disgusting head, the announcers bemoan this, as opposed to the morons on this thread who seem to think it's okay, because he's blowing off steam.

cknobman
03-13-2012, 12:24 PM
I was ashamed of both Fish and Roddick yesterday.

Fish really did call out to early and should have understood that.

Roddick, well he was being him usual self but it was still embarrassing. He did not clearly call for an review and the replay even showed that he actually motioned to blow it off. T

lbjames23
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM

It s just like what they say: we r the ruler of the world, NOT

jokinla
03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Preach it!!!

Can I get an Amen?

You might want to Read it!!! since your "role model" parenting skills include this kind of nonsense. I'm guessing tennis in your household goes something like this, "Now Timmy, tennis can be frustrating, and if it helps you to alleviate the frustration, by belittling others, then you go right ahead. Daddy, what about the person I belittled, I don't want him to treat me that way. Timmy, he made a bad call, and you are an important person, so he deserved it, don't worry, it's fine."

Amen.
From the book of revelations.

magnut
03-13-2012, 12:39 PM
You might want to Read it!!! since your "role model" parenting skills include this kind of nonsense. I'm guessing tennis in your household goes something like this, "Now Timmy, tennis can be frustrating, and if it helps you to alleviate the frustration, by belittling others, then you go right ahead. Daddy, what about the person I belittled, I don't want him to treat me that way. Timmy, he made a bad call, and you are an important person, so he deserved it, don't worry, it's fine."

Amen.
From the book of revelations.

Please keep going. I want to take some notes on all this good stuff for when my child is a professional athlete, makes millions of dollars, and makes an *** out of himself. Its to bad Andy's parents are not as self rightous as yourself. What they have done to Andy's life is criminal and should be reported to social services. The way Andy is going he will end up a serial killer and be in prison some day. Might as well just fry him right now. I will be contacting my state representative and informing the government of how dangerous Andy is. This stuff is important!

thug the bunny
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Many pro athletes in many sports exhibit deplorable behavior, but that does not make it acceptable. Imagine if you received an unfavorable or unfair judgement of some type at your work and proceeded to yell and berate a co-worker or your boss because of it..

And there's something about the way that Roddick does it. His self-absorbed spoiled brat really comes shining through when he goes after a linesman or umpire.

Someone here said 'if you don't like him don't watch him'. I don't anymore. Not to worry, he will be falling back into obscurity soon now..

magnut
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Many pro athletes in many sports exhibit deplorable behavior, but that does not make it acceptable. Imagine if you received an unfavorable or unfair judgement of some type at your work and proceeded to yell and berate a co-worker or your boss because of it..

And there's something about the way that Roddick does it. His self-absorbed spoiled brat really comes shining through when he goes after a linesman or umpire.

Someone here said 'if you don't like him don't watch him'. I don't anymore. Not to worry, he will be falling back into obscurity soon now..

Different strokes for different folks. For every person that does not like the way he acts there is one that wants to see it. Seriouslly, this is not new behavior. He has been like this his whole career. I still remember the spastic fake cramping display he put on against Chang at the French. If anything he is more mellow now.

My advice is to stop worrying about Andy and he will stop worrying about you.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow, amazing how some will just continue to justify deplorable behavior, rather than admit that it is so.

magnut
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Wow, amazing how some will just continue to justify deplorable behavior, rather than admit that it is so.

Yes, its truely disgusting.....even sick.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, its truely disgusting.....even sick.

Roddick's attitude towards others certainly is.

Praetorian
03-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Such passionate hate for the guy. Do I think his decorum was embarassing? Yes I do. Do I condone it? No I don't Am I still a fan of his? Yes, because he still exhibits traits that are admirable.

Lesson is, get over it. We have the choice to watch. Plain and simple. There are whole shows on television teaching kids how to be douchbags as a lifestyle, and y'all are worried about a 2 mins outburst in a bout 2 hours of a decent match.

magnut
03-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Roddick's attitude towards others certainly is.

I dont really care about Roddick. What is sad is the countless innocent young lives that he has detroyed forever. This is a very sad day for the world.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Such passionate hate for the guy. Do I think his decorum was embarassing? Yes I do. Do I condone it? No I don't Am I still a fan of his? Yes, because he still exhibits traits that are admirable.

Lesson is, get over it. We have the choice to watch. Plain and simple. There are whole shows on television teaching kids how to be douchbags as a lifestyle, and y'all are worried about a 2 mins outburst in a bout 2 hours of a decent match.

And tennis shouldn't be one of these, but with this behavior it is.

FD3S
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
And tennis shouldn't be one of these, but with this behavior it is.

Key difference; on network TV, the douchiness is glorified for ratings. On televised tennis, it's really not. Roddick, Connors, Mac, whoever - there's nothing funny or positive shown about their behaviour. They get booed, the commentators usually express distaste, it's clear that they're in the wrong, and they look like jackasses as a result. This comparison is pretty off base.

SheDevil
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM

Agreed. As a previous fan of Roddick I must say that his attitude and brashness keep me from watching his matches. Same goes for Mardy Fish.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I can tell you first hand when I've seen him in person, he is an ***.

Couple that with not what has been said, but what we've all seen on TV and well.....

That being said, my point is if you're going to b!tch about one player at least be consistent and acknowledge ALL players have their issues. And before you say, "But you can't compare ...... to ........" I realize everybody has players they like and dislike. As mentioned before, don't like 'em, don't watch 'em!

We're on two different pages. You seeing him and pronouncing him a donkey means nothing to me.

What I've seen is Berdych shushing the crowd against Nadal...in bad taste, to some people, but doesn't constitute a crime.

and him not shaking Almagro's hand...I don't blame him.

So, two incidents against Berdych in the span of seven years and Roddick's constant berating of umpires doesn't even come close, imo.

And to your last point. I rarely watch him these days because I find him so repulsive, but even on fast forward you can see him berating yet another defenseless umpire, which solidifies my position on this issue, not to mention headlines chronicling his back behavior.

In the end, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
haven't seen any of his bullcrap live? I have, he's not any better than Roddick.. except Roddick goes after umpires; berdych starts crap with everyone.

for instance, shushing the spanish crowd after beating rafa, and getting a response from Nadal himself for the antic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udXOUAzvGc&t=5m30s

Again, Cup. I don't know you and have no reason to take you at your word.

I'm aware of that incident against Rafa, and don't think it's a crime. Over the years such incidences lose their potentcy. Him and Nadal put it behind them and so have I.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Lovely post.

And to the "role model" issue. Children make their own decisions. If they decide to comply that's to their benefit, but if not it may have nothing to do with parenting. Good parents sometimes have willful and disobedient children, too. Muc depends on the mindset, the current culture,etc. not to mention that we end up with a different generation every 20 years.

Look at all of the tattoos, breast implants, surgeries, etc. People do follow the rich and famous. There's no doubt about it.

Crazy man
03-16-2012, 01:11 AM
We're on two different pages. You seeing him and pronouncing him a donkey means nothing to me.

What I've seen is Berdych shushing the crowd against Nadal...in bad taste, to some people, but doesn't constitute a crime.

and him not shaking Almagro's hand...I don't blame him.

So, two incidents against Berdych in the span of seven years and Roddick's constant berating of umpires doesn't even come close, imo.
And to your last point. I rarely watch him these days because I find him so repulsive, but even on fast forward you can see him berating yet another defenseless umpire, which solidifies my position on this issue, not to mention headlines chronicling his back behavior.

In the end, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

You're the guy who stated you don't even play tennis. Your existence in this forum is pretty much pointless. Most things you say have nothing to do about anything.

Roddick doesn't get on court coaching

Roddick doesn't take pointless MTO's

Roddick doesn't bend the time rules

Roddick isn't portrayed as an angel in the media or by his fans.

Anyone would have thought Roddick has been a cheat (like Nadal), a racist (like Hewitt) or like Crazy Dani (just nasty) or a serial killer who has trolled the tennis world. Nope, the guy gets bashed for arguing with umpires.

Lovely post.

And to the "role model" issue. Children make their own decisions. If they decide to comply that's to their benefit, but if not it may have nothing to do with parenting. Good parents sometimes have willful and disobedient children, too. Muc depends on the mindset, the current culture,etc. not to mention that we end up with a different generation every 20 years.

Look at all of the tattoos, breast implants, surgeries, etc. People do follow the rich and famous. There's no doubt about it.

So parents are not responsible for their childeren now? You are so clueless it's unreal. Since when was getting tatoo's a crime? Have you ever gone outside?

If you're going to bash a multi-millionaire, at least be bothered to spell 'much' correctly.

brettsticker86
03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
You're the guy who stated you don't even play tennis. Your existence in this forum is pretty much pointless. Most things you say have nothing to do about anything.

Anyone would have thought Roddick has been a cheat (like Nadal), a racist (like Hewitt) or like Crazy Dani (just nasty) or a serial killer who has trolled the tennis world. Nope, the guy gets bashed for arguing with umpires.

So parents are not responsible for their childeren now? You are so clueless it's unreal. Since when was getting tatoo's a crime? Have you ever gone outside?

If you're going to bash a multi-millionaire, at least be bothered to spell 'much' correctly.

agreed 100%. Roddick may have attitude on court, but he doesn't show any poor sportsmanship. He makes his point heard to the officials, sometimes in a disrespectful manner, but you have to remember when you're playing. At least for me, I know i've been caught up in the heat of battle and have said things or done things i normally wouldn't do. I've argued with umpires, albeit, not quite the way roddick does, but I've plead my case in an angered tone. It's in the heat of competition. Off court, he's respectful of all of the players, tournament officials, and fans, as far as I've seen and heard. Just because the guy pleads his case in a manner you don't agree with doesn't mean he's a dick of a person.

tennis_ocd
03-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Just because the guy pleads his case in a manner you don't agree with doesn't mean he's a dick of a person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8Rr4e5rLo

Roddick at his best @5:51 ... but what is it about these outbursts that most find fascinating? Perhaps it says more than we'd like to admit about ourselves.

brettsticker86
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Roddick at his best @5:51 ... but what is it about these outbursts that most find fascinating? Perhaps it says more than we'd like to admit about ourselves.

he was complaining at an obvious bad call. he may have foot faulted, but with his right foot? nothing wrong with roddick's pleading of his case here.

tennis_ocd
03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
he may have foot faulted, may have?! It was a clear foot fault. It's the endless repetitive belittling; bullying really, of a defenseless line's woman that I find sad.

I'd rather see the Serena approach - quick, to the point and play on.

Cfidave
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
The bottom line with this guy has been simply: when things are not going his way he acts like a spoiled child, and throughs his version of a temper tantrum. Unfortunately, he needs to berate someone before he feels satisfied. Probably just get worse as his play declines.

Crazy man
03-16-2012, 11:20 AM
agreed 100%. Roddick may have attitude on court, but he doesn't show any poor sportsmanship. He makes his point heard to the officials, sometimes in a disrespectful manner, but you have to remember when you're playing. At least for me, I know i've been caught up in the heat of battle and have said things or done things i normally wouldn't do. I've argued with umpires, albeit, not quite the way roddick does, but I've plead my case in an angered tone. It's in the heat of competition. Off court, he's respectful of all of the players, tournament officials, and fans, as far as I've seen and heard. Just because the guy pleads his case in a manner you don't agree with doesn't mean he's a dick of a person.

Make no mistake, Roddick can be a jackass at times, I'm not defending that. But posters on this board overlook a few arguements and fail to mention the guys charity efforts (his foundation and events he's participated in) etc.

By the way, I am curious to know, has no one on this board ever got into an argument with anyone, ever? Or said the wrong thing at times? Unless you're an angel, anyone who has critisised Roddick of being OOO at times should just stfu or watch the news. Then they would understand how bad humans can really be.

decades
03-16-2012, 11:27 AM
he was complaining at an obvious bad call. he may have foot faulted, but with his right foot? nothing wrong with roddick's pleading of his case here.

why ask the judge a stupid question about what foot you faulted with. the judge was obviously being intimidated by bully boy and gave him a confused answer. that only made bully boy go off even more.

FD3S
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Make no mistake, Roddick can be a jackass at times, I'm not defending that. But posters on this board overlook a few arguements and fail to mention the guys charity efforts (his foundation and events he's participated in) etc.

By the way, I am curious to know, has no one on this board ever got into an argument with anyone, ever? Or said the wrong thing at times? Unless you're an angel, anyone who has critisised Roddick of being OOO at times should just stfu or watch the news. Then they would understand how bad humans can really be.

Well, therein lies the rub. I'm of the opinion (despite being a fan of his) that his jackass behaviour on court needs to stop. While I can't condone his tantrums (and nor should anyone else), though, I can't lie and say that I've never felt the same way or never gave into that urge. It'd be hypocritical as hell to on my part to totally decry Roddick as a person on the whole b/c of his jerk moments.

(Granted, that doesn't explain why others jump on him so highhandedly it's as if they've never done it themselves, but whatever.)

Crazy man
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Well, therein lies the rub. I'm of the opinion (despite being a fan of his) that his jackass behaviour on court needs to stop. While I can't condone his tantrums (and nor should anyone else), though, I can't lie and say that I've never felt the same way or never gave into that urge. It'd be hypocritical as hell to on my part to totally decry Roddick as a person on the whole b/c of his jerk moments.

(Granted, that doesn't explain why others jump on him so highhandedly it's as if they've never done it themselves, but whatever.)

Federer's done it, he even asked hawkeye to be turned off ffs, and Nadal? That guy breaks the rules a lot of the times. Guess what? I don't see anyone calling these guys out for being what they are. Oh yeah I don't see Roddick quitting tennis matches to the point where he nearly has the retirement slam coughcoughDjokoviccoughcough. Every play acts like a dodo at some point. When it comes to Roddick, he's not as decorated as those guys, so posters who have no clue what it's like to play on a tennis court proceed to bash him. Mods would ban me if I created a 'Nadal = cheat' thread, so I think the mods should delete this thread as it's clearly attacking one specific player.

thug the bunny
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
By the way, I am curious to know, has no one on this board ever got into an argument with anyone, ever? Or said the wrong thing at times?

Improper analogy. Having an argument with someone is not analogous to publicly belittling and berating somone who has no means to argue back in front of millions of people. And, yes, if an individual were to show excessive anger or berate someone in a public display, then there would be grounds for labeling that person as an *****wipe, regardless of what other mitigating characteristics they might have.

tennis_ocd
03-16-2012, 12:40 PM
You think a death threat is more appropriate than a 2 minute temper tantrum on court? What a joke. What a moron.lol. death threat? Now there is a joke.

thug the bunny
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
1) Improper connective use. Are you 10? Who the hell starts a sentence with 'and' anyway?

Secondly, have you ever insulted anyone? Or are you an angel? If not then you're just a hypocrite, and stupid.

I am not 10, I am 51. You, on the other hand sound like a teenager. I am not stupid nor a hypocrite. I have been angry, and I have insulted people, but not someone who was defenseless nor in a public spectacle.

And, since when is absolute proper grammar a critical requirement for posting on a forum as long as you can communicate effectively and coherently?

And, what exactly did I say to elicite this name calling you puerile little piece of excrement?

big ted
03-16-2012, 03:12 PM
there are/have been plenty of pro players who 'should have' won more than they did... i dont know why people are giving roddick such a hard time, maybe because his behavior is just unlikeable these days..
-goran only won 1 gs and he was more talented than roddick imo
-chang only won 1 gs and he had more talent/ability
-rios won 0 gs tounaments
-agassi and serena 'should have' won more than they did
-even mcenroe and borg 'should have' won more than they did..
-rafter "only" won 2 gs titles and his game was more solid than roddicks

i think even if roddick played that power tennis everyone wants him to play whos to say he would have won more. he couldnt beat federer back in the day with that game why should it work now against him, joker, nadal, etc..

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 11:28 PM

What a nasty, unwarranted post.

Of course I didn't read the whole thing. When people don't know how to communicate effectively, it's pretty pointless, isn't it?

Not that I'm surprised Crazy Man, lol.

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 11:29 PM

Good question.

jokinla
03-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I am not 10, I am 51. You, on the other hand sound like a teenager. I am not stupid nor a hypocrite. I have been angry, and I have insulted people, but not someone who was defenseless nor in a public spectacle.

And, since when is absolute proper grammar a critical requirement for posting on a forum as long as you can communicate effectively and coherently?

And, what exactly did I say to elicite this name calling you puerile little piece of excrement?

Unbeknowst to almost every poster here, other than crazy man, this is also a Harvard grammar forum. I don't care to look up his posts, rest assured there is plenty of bad grammar.

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 11:42 PM

You should practice what you preach, lol.

[QUOTE=Crazy man;6396603]Make no mistake, Roddick can be a jackass at times, I'm not defending that. But posters on this board overlook a few arguements and fail to mention the guys charity efforts (his foundation and events he's participated in) etc.

FD3S
03-16-2012, 11:46 PM
^^^^ how this person isn't banned is beyond me.

My guess is that he/she/it never takes shots against other posters - just Roddick and Fed. Fair enough I suppose, even if devila's posts are a little grating to read at times.

Tshooter
03-16-2012, 11:52 PM
This episode was as bad as anything Nasty used to do:

http://youtu.be/ff6_UTPDO9s?t=2m41s

At 3 minutes Roddick was way out of line. Roddick should thank his stars Tommy DeVito wasn't in the chair that night:

http://youtu.be/2oP1NMB_I0s?t=3m36s

bjk
03-17-2012, 02:04 AM
I thought this thread was going to be "when will Roddick ever learn not to approach the net with a weak slice approach shot, because that's never worked, not since the late 80's.

NamRanger
03-17-2012, 02:23 AM
there are/have been plenty of pro players who 'should have' won more than they did... i dont know why people are giving roddick such a hard time, maybe because his behavior is just unlikeable these days..
-goran only won 1 gs and he was more talented than roddick imo
-chang only won 1 gs and he had more talent/ability
-rios won 0 gs tounaments
-agassi and serena 'should have' won more than they did
-even mcenroe and borg 'should have' won more than they did..
-rafter "only" won 2 gs titles and his game was more solid than roddicks

i think even if roddick played that power tennis everyone wants him to play whos to say he would have won more. he couldnt beat federer back in the day with that game why should it work now against him, joker, nadal, etc..

Because Roddick despite being a supposedly awful tennis player has a respectable record against Djokovic/Nadal