PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Dent (SPOILER)

johnmcc516
07-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Did you guys watch the match of him vs Genepri? Dent needs to get in better shape otherwise he has no chance of making it. The style of tennis he plays is very demanding and right now, his body can't handle it. He has lots of talent, just needs to get in shape.

Adam Thirnis
07-24-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't see Dent's game as demanding - he likes to finish points as quickly as possible. But nevertheless he needs to improve his fitness

splink779
07-24-2005, 01:50 PM
His game is the opposite of demanding - super quick points, and just an easy chip backhand until he can get into net. Its a shame really, he should have won this, but it was nearly 100 degrees without the heat index.

He knows he needs to improve his fitness for better results but it is obvious he is complacent. Lets not be selfish and bash Dent because WE want to see him entertain us and do better.

ibemadskillzz
07-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Did you guys watch the match of him vs Genepri? Dent needs to get in better shape otherwise he has no chance of making it. The style of tennis he plays is very demanding and right now, his body can't handle it. He has lots of talent, just needs to get in shape.

yes it's live on the tennis channel now

Richie Rich
07-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Dent was done at 3-3 in the first set. I said to my wife after he won first set 6-4 "watch, he'll probably injure himself or retire due to the heat." what happens? retires at 4-6 6-0 3-0. this guy is sooo out of shape for a tennis pro ranked in the 30 it's a joke. if his fitness was half decent he actually would be a good bet to win Wimby, USO, or Aussie Open.

NoBadMojo
07-24-2005, 02:22 PM
wha? serve and volley on both serves is VERY demanding both physically and alot more demanding mentally than just staying on the baseline

Marius_Hancu
07-24-2005, 02:44 PM
wha? serve and volley on both serves is VERY demanding both physically and alot more demanding mentally than just staying on the baseline

right on the mark.
and having to swing extra lbs around is not helping.

Rodzilla
07-24-2005, 02:46 PM

That is the reason why many suggested he make a more all-around effort against Ginepri today, but you know how excessively stubborn Dent is, he just kept doing his s&v thing. If it were cooler weather out there today, Dent could have pulled this one out, but even Dent admitted after the first set, there was nothing left in the tank. I second the suggestion to put more emphasis on his fitness.

Richie Rich
07-24-2005, 03:10 PM

agree 100%. points are over more quickly but takes more effort to win a point, especially if you have to retrieve lobs and lunge for volleys.

Haka Boy
07-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks guys for finally posting an interesting thread centred on an actual tennis match :)

Yours!05
07-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Pity I (we?) didn't see it. Foxtel showing it delayed I think...

Haka Boy
07-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah its delayed for us here too

johnmcc516
07-24-2005, 08:12 PM

Im glad someone here agrees with me.

equinox
07-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Guys leave Taylor Spent alone with his burger and frys.

He may have talent, but talent is not enough in todays demanding professional sports.