PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistency Jobs

Macedo
03-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Noticed that sometimes when I'm playing the string have an higher tension that I was expeting, or it feels just a rock or dead! It's not playable! Don't feel that 'Pop' and I just can't spin the ball

I think it's about my knots! I saw some posts that says that you shouldn't tight very much the knot, but why? Noticed too, that my rushes jobs are the best, maybe because don't tight it so much (I always certificate that when I pull the Dropweight, it is on the desired tension)

Ps: I clean my clamps frequently

Irvin
03-13-2012, 05:39 AM
I doubt very seriously it is your knots. Drawback from knots is easy to see but it is only lowering the tension out the outside strings and that is not where you are hitting the ball. I think there is another issue. A video would help but be prepared for some tough criticism.

You say your best jobs are rushed. Assuming you use a drop weight the string may not have enough time to stretch out at the proper tension. Maybe a lower tension would help and a little less rushing. Give the arm time to settle out.

Macedo
03-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Maybe today I break a string, and then post here the video, no problem
Hmm, sometimes I was paying attention to the arm and the arm go down and down slowly, and then I reajusted it, but this was consistently! Just after pulling 4/5times it stopped :O this happens very much in the two inicial mains strings
Is it a big problem? I'm not expert but I assume that it just lose a little tension, but don't know what it can affect me in the court

Irvin
03-13-2012, 06:55 AM
...sometimes I was paying attention to the arm and the arm go down and down slowly, and then I reajusted it, but this was consistently! ...

If you only pay attention some times and adjust it some times it is not consistent.

Macedo
03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Yes, that's right. But is that the reason why I don't feel that 'pop'?

Irvin
03-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by 'POP' I would think it is more power related. The lower the tension the more pop you get the higher the tension the more spin you get. If your strings are not consistent across the string bed you may get a different feel when you hit in different places on the string bed. Also when you hit off center you should expect to get a different feel.

I would suggest first just taking your time and try to string a main on one side then two on the other then two on the other until you finish all the mains. Try to keep going and get a rhythm while you string and pull tension as long on every string. String two piece and string your crosses top to bottom.

Macedo
03-13-2012, 07:42 AM
What I mean with Pop is that feeling when you hit in the center of the stringbed, right in the center

Yes Irvin, I will try that one time and see the result (;

Brocolt
03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Get the racquet tune app if you have an I phone. I started playing with it after string jobs and then checking tensions every time I hit. The app is awesome and it will help answer a lot of questions. It took me a few times to really figure the app out.

Macedo
03-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Get the racquet tune app if you have an I phone. I started playing with it after string jobs and then checking tensions every time I hit. The app is awesome and it will help answer a lot of questions. It took me a few times to really figure the app out.

Anything for a Nokia? That kind of technology didn't arrive yet at my home :D

origmarm
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
If you get a cheap stringbed tension device (Stringmeter or Gamma STI) then you can take Stringbed deflection readings straight after stringing each time and see whether your stringing is inconsistent or it's mental. If you more cash and want it more accurate you can get an ERT but personally I don't think it's necessary for recreational stringers.

mikeler
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Anybody who strings should pony up the $2 for this app. It is great at measuring relative tension loss.