PDA

View Full Version : Nadal wins 3 slams on 3 different surfaces in calendar year AGAIN?

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Nadal is already the only man ever to win 3 slams on 3 different surfaces in a calendar year. If Nadal accomplishes this AGAIN, that would surely represent the most incredible feat in history. It would be more impressive than 16 slams (though the feat would put him at 13 slams anyway, so he would likely reach 16). The only question is whether it would be more impressive than Laver's double-calendar year grand slam, which came in an era that wasn't as deep as today (I think even Laver would admit this). Either way, another triple-surface-triple would put Nadal ahead of Federer in history.
http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/rafael_nadal_laureus.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SYjqnX9QmyI/AAAAAAAAFx0/wX4GU5BVBYU/s400/capt.afd0a934837348ec99a84b63a44e4442.aptopix_spai n_tennis_nadal_fs102.jpg

pvaudio
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
That would not be even remotely more impressive than 16 slams when the AO hard court is slower than the French clay...which is barely slower than the Wimbledon grass. When players say grass plays like "mowed clay" and that you have faster points on the French red clay, it's not really impressive anymore. The only impressive part is winning the three tournaments.

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Luckily you don't have to worry about it.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
It would also move Nadal from 102 weeks ranked number one to at least 150, maybe 200+.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM

It wouldn't surprise anyone though. Only one player is as good/better than Nadal at the slams over the last 12 months. Murray continues to fail in slam semis, and Federer continues to be eaten up by Nadal.

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I am convinced that *********/Nadalwon/Vamospunch etc. is NOT a Nadal fan at all. I think he is a Fed or Djesus fan who trolls the mess out of this board to ramp up the already insane dislike of Nadal another notch. His act got old and tired a very long time ago.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
And just for the record, Nadal is off to a much better start in 2012 than 2011, with that dazzling Australian Open performance (which actually was more impressive than his 2011 Roland Garros form too).

Cup8489
03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
And just for the record, Nadal is off to a much better start in 2012 than 2011, with that dazzling Australian Open performance (which actually was more impressive than his 2011 Roland Garros form too).

No.

And no to the OP.

You care to make a bet on it? If he doesn't, you and all of your various accounts leave the boards forever, and if he does I'll leave in return?

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
No.

And no to the OP.

You care to make a bet on it? If he doesn't, you and all of your various accounts leave the boards forever, and if he does I'll leave in return?

Various accounts of what?

And I predicted nothing anyway.

Rock Strongo
03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
No. Won't happen this year. With Djokovic and the impending Ivanisevic scenario I seriously doubt it.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
No. Won't happen this year. With Djokovic and the impending Ivanisevic scenario I seriously doubt it.

I never said it would happen.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I guess this hypothetical is too scary for some to even consider. This question wasn't whether he would, but rather what the implications would be.

aphex
03-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Djokovic is already the only man ever to crush the nadal 6 times on 3 different surfaces in a calendar year. If Djokovic accomplishes this AGAIN, that would surely represent the most incredible feat in history. It would be more impressive than 10 slams (though the feat would put him at 8 slams anyway, so he would likely reach 10). The only question is whether it would be more impressive than the nadal's 10 slams, which came in an era that wasn't as deep as today (I think even the nadal would admit this). Either way, another triple-surface-six-love beatdown would put Djokovic ahead of the nadal in history.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
The way you phrased the title, you made it seem like he's already done it twice.

No, I don't think it's possible. There is one person who is consistently better than Nadal, but that doesn't rule out an early exit at Wimbledon or the US Open (which he has come close to before). At Wimbledon, a big hitter on fire can take him out, and Murray is continually getting better across all surfaces. That doesn't even account for Djokovic.

I don't understand the point of the thread, to be honest. I don't think anyone is going to think it's possible given the current landscape of the tour.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Djokovic is already the only man ever to crush the nadal 6 times on 3 different surfaces in a calendar year.

Still, he has never beaten Nadal in a clay slam. And slams are what greatness is really measured by. Nadal won his first 5 slam meetings with Djokovic, and that included Roland Garros, Wimbledon and US Open. That's 3 slam surfaces.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
As for the implications, well, you're really grasping at straws, clinging to the one thing remotely significant that Nadal has done that Federer hasn't. No, it wouldn't put Nadal ahead of Federer because the surfaces aren't really that different anymore. And Nadal would have still achieved less than Federer.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:02 AM
The way you phrased the title, you made it seem like he's already done it twice.

No, I don't think it's possible. There is one person who is consistently better than Nadal, but that doesn't rule out an early exit at Wimbledon or the US Open (which he has come close to before). At Wimbledon, a big hitter on fire can take him out, and Murray is continually getting better across all surfaces. That doesn't even account for Djokovic.

I don't understand the point of the thread, to be honest. I don't think anyone is going to think it's possible given the current landscape of the tour.

Well, Nadal has already done it once. 2010, very recently. Only 2 things in the landscape have changed since then. Djokovic has beaten Nadal at 3 straight slams (on 2 different surfaces). And Nadal has beaten Murray at 3 straight slams (on 3 different surfaces, in a calendar year). It evens out.

Homeboy Hotel
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Are you just trying to convince yourself?

Hint of desperation and/or giving yourself a sense of false security about Nadal repeating 2010.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, Nadal has already done it once. 2010, very recently. Only 2 things in the landscape have changed since then. Djokovic has beaten Nadal at 3 straight slams. And Nadal has beaten Murray at 3 straight slams. It evens out.

Murray the played very well in Australia. You can account that to Djokovic not playing well if you want, but I think Murray is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

aphex
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, Nadal has already done it once. 2010, very recently. Only 2 things in the landscape have changed since then. Djokovic has beaten Nadal at 3 straight slams (on 2 different surfaces). And Nadal has beaten Murray at 3 straight slams (on 3 different surfaces, in a calendar year). It evens out.

At least, we can always count on the constancy of your dimwitedness.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Are you just trying to convince yourself?

Hint of desperation and/or giving yourself a sense of false security about Nadal repeating 2010.

It's called a hypothetical. No need to get so defensive. You seem to fear it, even though I never even said it would happen. Strange that.

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Still, he has never beaten Nadal in a clay slam. And slams are what greatness is really measured by. Nadal won his first 5 slam meetings with Djokovic, and that included Roland Garros, Wimbledon and US Open. That's 3 slam surfaces.

Just wait until RG this year should Nadal make the final. He will lose to Djesus again just like he has over the past year. Nadal is incapable of beating Djesus. Everyone knows it except for you.

Wilander Fan
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I am pretty sure Wilander did this in 88. Grass at AO, clay at RG and HC at USO.

jones101
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Nadal has as much chance of that this year with Djokovic's emergence as Sharapova has of hitting a conventional winning volley in a match - ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

celoft
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
No.

IF and that is a big IF... he wins a slam this year it will be only Roland Garros.

If the Spaniard loses at RG, he will go slamless this year.

He will only win RGs from now on or just plain nothing.

jackson vile
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Let the flame wars begin!

This is as likely as Federer making it to #2

Nadal is already the only man ever to win 3 slam on 3 different surfaces in a calendar year. If Nadal accomplishes this AGAIN, that would surely represent the most incredible feat in history. It would be more impressive than 16 slams (though the feat would put him at 13 slams anyway, so he would likely reach 16). The only question is whether it would be more impressive than Laver's double-calendar year grand slam, which came in an era that wasn't as deep as today (I think even Laver would admit this). Either way, another triple-surface-triple would put Nadal ahead of Federer in history.
http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/rafael_nadal_laureus.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SYjqnX9QmyI/AAAAAAAAFx0/wX4GU5BVBYU/s400/capt.afd0a934837348ec99a84b63a44e4442.aptopix_spai n_tennis_nadal_fs102.jpg

Rock Strongo
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
I never said it would happen.

I answered your title:)

jones101
03-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I am pretty sure Wilander did this in 88. Grass at AO, clay at RG and HC at USO.

I think he did too,:confused: but VamosFire I think was referring to 3 different slams of different surfaces consecutively, but thanks for ripping him a new one. :):)

Very Observant

Carsomyr
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
1988 was the first year that the Australian Open was played on Rebound Ace.

celoft
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM

If he beats Nadal at RG, it's game over for the Spaniard.

DjokovicForTheWin
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
If Nadalwon2012 is truly a Fed fan in disguise then hats off to him, it's quite a job keeping a facade for that long with so much annoying effort.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM

The 1988 Australian Open was on rebound ace (hard court).
The 1988 French Open was on red clay (clay).
The 1988 US Open was on deco-turf (hard court).

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
If Nadalwon2012 is truly a Fed fan in disguise then hats off to him, it's quite a job keeping a facade for that long with so much annoying effort.

I hope Nadal and Federer meet at Wimbledon, so Nadal can even the grass h2h at 2-2.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
It has been about 8 years since I last saw Federer play, apart from his matches vs Nadal which I obviously watch. Federer has become the only player I hate to see (or hear of) win.

Then I suggest you leave any threads about Federer or his matches alone, since you obviously have nothing to offer in those threads but trolling.

*Glad I quoted that before you deleted your post.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Then I suggest you leave any threads about Federer or his matches alone, since you obviously have nothing to offer in those threads but trolling.

I actually edited that post, because its not true. I have seen Federer play, a lot on tv. Just never in attendance. I've seen every Federer slam semi/slam final, ever played (on tv).

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Hahaha! Bingo! I like Nadal's game. But, it seems the other top pros are adjusting and are now able to exploit his deep backcourt positioning.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Hahaha! Bingo! I like Nadal's game. But, it seems the other top pros are adjusting and are now able to exploit his deep backcourt positioning.

Hahaha! Nadal has just made 4 straight slam finals for the first time in his career (and SEVEN of the last EIGHT). His ownership over the top pros has never been greater.

Nadal beat Murray at their last 4 slam encounters (2010 Wimbledon, 2011 Roland Garros, 2011 Wimbledon, 2011 US Open) and has beaten Federer in their last 5 slam encounters (2008 Roland Garros, 2008 Wimbledon, 2009 Australian Open, 2011 Roland Garros, 2012 Australian Open)....

All that is left is Djokovic. Only one player separates Nadal from winning every slam over the next couple of years (as Nadal looks even stronger now than 2011).

http://chadanielle.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/nadal-091310.jpg?w=780

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Hahaha! Nadal has just made 4 straight slam finals for the first time in his career (and SEVEN of the last EIGHT). His ownership over the top pros has never been greater.

Nadal beat Murray at their last 4 slam encounters (2010 Wimbledon, 2011 Roland Garros, 2011 Wimbledon, 2011 US Open) and has been Federer in their last 4 slam encounters (2008 Roland Garros, 2008 Wimbledon, 2009 Australian Open, 2012 Australian Open) too....

All that is left is Djokovic. Only one player separates Nadal from winning every slam over the next couple of years (as Nadal looks even stronger now than 2011).

http://chadanielle.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/nadal-091310.jpg?w=780

Unfortunately, Djokovic is at his peak and Nadal is past his peak. If Ralph learns to play from the baseline and hit on the rise, he's got a chance to regain #1. 3 majors in one year? The odds are too remote to even think about. Let him win 1 major this year before you start talkin' that kind of smack.

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I hope Nadal and Federer meet at Wimbledon, so Nadal can even the grass h2h at 2-2.

I hope so too! But, he'll probably get another beating in the final anyway.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately, Djokovic is at his peak and Nadal is past his peak. If Ralph learns to play from the baseline and hit on the rise, he's got a chance to regain #1. 3 majors in one year? The odds are too remote to even think about. Let him win 1 major this year before you start talkin' that kind of smack.

Don't you worry about that, Djokovic needed 6 hours and was down 4-2 to Nadal in the 5th set on Djokovic's favorite slam surface. The tide is seriously turning.

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Don't you worry about that, Djokovic needed 6 hours and was down 4-2 to Nadal in the 5th set on Djokovic's favorite slam surface. The tide is seriously turning.

'**** on my man. But, I don't think you're being realistic!

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
'**** on my man. But, I don't think you're being realistic!

Well, I saw the Australian Open final. Guess you didn't....

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, I saw the Australian Open final. Guess you didn't....

You're talking about the 2012 AO? Yeah, I saw Djokovic playing at a lower level than he did in the preceeding W and USO, beat Nadal who gave everything he had. The only matches I've seen Nadal play better were the 2008 FO final and 2010 USO final. For Nadal to beat Djoko, he has to play from, or closer to, the baseline. Unless Djoko has an injury, it's that simple.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
You're talking about the 2012 AO? Yeah, I saw Djokovic playing at a lower level than he did in the preceeding W and USO, beat Nadal who gave everything he had. The only matches I've seen Nadal play better were the 2008 FO final and 2010 USO final. For Nadal to beat Djoko, he has to play from, or closer to, the baseline. Unless Djoko has an injury, it's that simple.

Well, you just saw Nadal take a 4-2 lead in the 5th set on Djokovic's best slam surface. You know Nadal can do that now. So do you know Djokovic will win every time he's down 4-2 in the 5th set?

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
BTW, Nadal played far from perfect in the AO 12 final. That's why everyone keeps talking about the crucial missed wide-open backhand when he was serving for a 5-2 lead.

Towser83
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
eh, if you're going to compare eras and say Laver's was less impressive, then let's compare what Federer had to deal with. Nadal on clay. Nadal is the clay GOAT yes? Without whom, Federer would have 2 back to back calendar slams. Who does Nadal have to stop him at Wimbledon? Djokovic who never made a wimbledon final or won a grass title before last year? He is rated as being average on grass, it's his worst surface. Even at the US Open, Djokovic has to battle to save match points against old man Federer. Thus if we must downgrade laver's achievements, we must do the same for Nadal. Pity he never did the 3 surface slam when Federer was a force on grass and Hardcourt.

Limpinhitter
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, you just saw Nadal take a 4-2 lead in the 5th set on Djokovic's best slam surface. You know Nadal can do that now. So do you know Djokovic will win every time he's down 4-2 in the 5th set?

Yes, Nadal can get a lead against Djokovic but can't hold it. Very good.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes, Nadal can get a lead against Djokovic but can't hold it. Very good.

Well of the 3 slam finals Nadal has lost to Djokovic, Nadal has only had ONE lead. He lost the first 2 sets at Wimbledon, lost the first 2 sets at US Open. So we don't have a lot to go by as far as converting/not converting leads go. Fact is, the tide is turning. Djokovic has no more room left.

Gorecki
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, you just saw Nadal take a 4-2 lead in the 5th set on crippled Djokovic's best slam surface and still get shafted

i agree...

Vamos

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44378000/jpg/_44378043_nadal_fall416ap.jpg

Tony48
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Well of the 3 slam finals Nadal has lost to Djokovic, Nadal has only had ONE lead. He lost the first 2 sets at Wimbledon, lost the first 2 sets at US Open. So we don't have a lot to go by as far as converting/not converting leads go. Fact is, the tide is turning. Djokovic has no more room left.

Yes, and that tide started almost a year ago in the Indian Wells final :)

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 11:58 AM
i agree...

Vamos

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44378000/jpg/_44378043_nadal_fall416ap.jpg

You aren't allowed to make up quotes. Hope you get banned.

Tony48
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Do you think Djokovic can beat Nadal at RG?

Gorecki
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
You aren't allowed to make up quotes. Hope you get banned.

would you be so kind as to mention what rule was broken?

1. No obscene or profane language is allowed.

2. No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed. If you have a problem with someone, take it off Talk Tennis. Antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. Debating issues and opinions is fine, but flaming and insulting won’t be tolerated.

3. No questioning, flaming, or trolling of moderation/admin on the boards will be tolerated. Posts concerning moderation will be deleted. Persistence can be cause for banning. If you have a legit concern about moderation, email discussadmin@tennis-warehouse.com

4. No promotion or advertising of Tennis Warehouse competitors allowed. This is our message board and we pay to maintain it. If you want to discuss a competitor, please be respectful of our request and do this privately, not on Talk Tennis.

5. No Sales of New Products are allowed. The For Sale/Trade forum is provided for sales of used, personal tennis equipment. No dealers or anyone in the business of selling racquets. This applies to the Classifieds section. Tennis Warehouse is in business to sell tennis equipment. Please feel free to sell used personal gear only. Any posts advertising new products will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from Talk Tennis. Also, no links to E-Bay auctions are allowed. For sale posts and messages are permitted in the For Sale forum only. Posts in other forums will be removed and may result in the user being banned. No for sale posting or commercial links in signatures or user profiles.

6. No pornography. If you choose to include attached images, that’s fine. Just keep it clean and avoid any that could be interpreted as porn – soft or hard. This includes avatar images. There’s a wide range of ages that post on Talk Tennis and we want material posted to be acceptable to all. Tennis Warehouse reserves the right to remove any images we determine may be offensive.

7. No advertising or promotion of any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind. No posting of torrents or downloads of copyrighted material.

8. No spamming the forums with off topic posts. Spamming the forums will result in an immediate ban.

9. No trademarked or copyrighted usernames allowed.

10. We allow one username per user. If we find you have more than one username, you will be banned.

on the other hand, you are clearly breaking the rule number 10, AGAIN...

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM

Federer, Djokovic, Roddick, anyone can beat Nadal at Roland Garros. Anything is possible.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
would you be so kind as to mention what rule was broken?

on the other hand, you are clearly breaking the rule number 10, AGAIN...

Rule number 10? "We allow one username per user. If we find you have more than one username, you will be banned." Wrong.

There is no way you can intentionally misquote others. You won't get away with it if you keep doing it. Do it 10 more times in your next 15 posts. You won't last.

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Rule number 10? "We allow one username per user. If we find you have more than one username, you will be banned." Wrong.

There is no way you can intentionally misquote others. You won't get away with it if you keep doing it. Do it 10 more times in your next 15 posts. You won't last.

You forgot to add Simon says.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvhRNkRX8zaEkhDAOPfbxUomY2KdB4w bTpxKi7opwYmUgt2qWZFtaqdbeD

Tony48
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Federer, Djokovic, Roddick, anyone can beat Nadal at Roland Garros. Anything is possible.

So if ANYONE can beat Nadal at RG (which is extremely far-fetched since only one person has done it), why are you making such a big deal about Djokovic having not done it? Doesn't it seem rather pointless to point out something you yourself admit might not even be the case in a few months time?

Gorecki
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM

NO rule was broken in my post, which was obviously in a jest. unfortunately you seem to have left your inteligence near your sense of humour - that would be in the trash - to understand.

other than that, i do as i please. dont like my style, you can put me on your ignore list.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
So if ANYONE can beat Nadal at RG (which is extremely far-fetched since only one person has done it), why are you making such a big deal about Djokovic having not done it? Doesn't it seem rather pointless to point out something you yourself admit might not even be the case in a few months time?

No big deal. Anyone can beat anyone. No big deal to me.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 12:25 PM
NO rule was broken in my post, which was obviously in a jest. unfortunately you seem to have left your inteligence near your sense of humour - that would be in the trash - to understand.

other than that, i do as i please. dont like my style, you can put me on your ignore list.

What can I say, I only recognize 'humor' when its funny. I didn't realize you were supposed to be funny. Your post looked like it meant to be disrespectful/annoying. You accomplished that. Ignore lists are for chickens. No thanks. You keep messing with me, I'll mess with you back.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM
What if verdasco wins next 3 slams and WTF? Will he surpass nadal in achievements? Discuss

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
What if verdasco wins next 3 slams and WTF? Will he surpass nadal in achievements? Discuss

If Verdasco wins the next 3 slams, then he will warrant a hypothetical regarding whether he will do it again.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
If Verdasco wins the next 3 slams, then he will warrant a hypothetical regarding whether he will do it again.

But verdasco is not aiming at goathood, this merely for surpassing nadal 'As is '. After All nadal never defended a title off clay so verdasco doesn't need to repeat it

Gorecki
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
What can I say, I only recognize 'humor' when its funny. I didn't realize you were supposed to be funny. Your post looked like it meant to be disrespectful/annoying. You accomplished that. Ignore lists are for chickens. No thanks. You keep messing with me, I'll mess with you back.

removing your head of San Rafael's derriere would help too

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 12:45 PM

You only recognize humor when it hits you in the face?

aphex
03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
You only recognize humor when it hits you in the face?

You mean like when Soderling was yoking?

Tennis_Hands
03-13-2012, 01:17 PM
If Nadal accomplishes this AGAIN, that would surely represent the most incredible feat in history

No.

It would be more impressive than 16 slams.

No.

The only question is whether it would be more impressive than Laver's double-calendar year grand slam

No.

Either way, another triple-surface-triple would put Nadal ahead of Federer in history.

No.

Funny guy.

jokinla
03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I would ask why this is being brought up, but then again, most things discussed here are pointless.

Raz11
03-13-2012, 01:36 PM
It would be impressive but it wouldn't put him above Federer. Mainly because of the homogenization of the surfaces. Still to this day, only Federer has been able to win 4 of the 5 big tournaments 3 out of 4 years. Now that is impressive.

Hitman
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Mr Zilla is obviously very passionate about Nadal, and wants to share that passion with everyone else. You guys are just being mean. :)

But if the rumors are true, and he is actually a Fed fan, man that is even bigger than the twist in The Usual Suspects.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know who Mr Zilla or Clarky or whoever support, but if I was a Federer fan I would kill myself. There would be no greater shame than supporting that pr1ck.

jackson vile
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM

Can't be any worse than the it is "possible" Federer to be seeded #1 at FO 2012 or become #1 before FO or become #1 in 2012.

I would say that at least he is par for the course :)

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Can't be any worse than the it is "possible" Federer to be seeded #1 at FO 2012 or become #1 before FO or become #1 in 2012.

I would say that at least he is par for the course :)

Federer will never be nr 1 again and quite frankly he had been at the top enough already

batz
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Mr Zilla is obviously very passionate about Nadal, and wants to share that passion with everyone else. You guys are just being mean. :)

But if the rumors are true, and he is actually a Fed fan, man that is even bigger than the twist in The Usual Suspects.

********* is.....Kaiser Soze!:shock:

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:06 PM

Djokovic hasn't played Nadal at RG since he all of a sudden became the best player in the world. Djokovic beat Nadal IN STRAIGHTS both times they played on Clay last year, in Madrid and Rome. I have to believe that if Djokovic would've gotten past Federer in the Semi-Final, he would've beaten Nadal again.

billnepill
I don't know who Mr Zilla or Clarky or whoever support, but if I was a Federer fan I would kill myself. There would be no greater shame than supporting that pr1ck.

Didn't you say you were a fan of the fed before?

Chillax , it was in one of your zilla accounts

SStrikerR
A hypothetical question like this is stupid anyway. There's no point in even discussing it, because it won't happen. Questioning this is like saying that Pablo andujar will win every grand slam from now till 2020. It won't happen, so it isn't discussed.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM
A hypothetical question like this is stupid anyway. There's no point in even discussing it, because it won't happen. Questioning this is like saying that Pablo andujar will win every grand slam from now till 2020. It won't happen, so it isn't discussed.

Its only a hypothetical, but it scares you, because its only one player away from happening. Nadal only has one player to overcome, and he has the next 3+ slams. It also means I own like 500 posters. Heck, if Nadal wins Roland Garros I own about 100 posters.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Its only a hypothetical, but it scares you, because its only one player away from happening. Nadal only has one player to overcome, and he has the next 3+ slams.

Only one player to overcome? Really? Murray has beaten Nadal in a slam several times (as has Del Potro) and I find it hard to believe that if he got to the Wimbledon or US Open Final against Federer, that we would win one or both. Nadal had to play the match of his life to beat Federer at Wimbledon in 08, and he still had to go 9-7 in the 5th to beat him.

So I think it's ludicrous to say Nadal has only one player to overcome.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Only one player to overcome? Really? Murray has beaten Nadal in a slam several times (as has Del Potro) and I find it hard to believe that if he got to the Wimbledon or US Open Final against Federer, that we would win one or both. Nadal had to play the match of his life to beat Federer at Wimbledon in 08, and he still had to go 9-7 in the 5th to beat him.

So I think it's ludicrous to say Nadal has only one player to overcome.

You are talking about years ago.

Nadal has made the last 4 slams finals. Djokovic is the only player to beat him. Last year Nadal beat Murray in the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. None of those matches even went to 5 sets.

Nadal is closer to beating Djokovic whereas. Nadal was up 4-2 in the fifth set on Djokovic's favorite slam surface.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Its only a hypothetical, but it scares you, because its only one player away from happening. Nadal only has one player to overcome, and he has the next 3+ slams. It also means I own like 500 posters. Heck, if Nadal wins Roland Garros I own about 100 posters.

Yep from next slam until 2022. I would have said until 2027 but that would sound a bit unrealistic and I don't want to lose credibility

You own 500 more accounts? Wow! You covered every possible scenario to switch to a new self if (big IF) things go wrong.

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Only one player to overcome? Really? Murray has beaten Nadal in a slam several times (as has Del Potro) and I find it hard to believe that if he got to the Wimbledon or US Open Final against Federer, that we would win one or both. Nadal had to play the match of his life to beat Federer at Wimbledon in 08, and he still had to go 9-7 in the 5th to beat him.So I think it's ludicrous to say Nadal has only one player to overcome.

To be fair Nadal crapped the bed when he was up 2 sets to love,and blew the breaker with some silly misses. That match never should have even gone to 5 sets.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Yep from next slam until 2022. I would have said until 2027 but that would sound a bit unrealistic and I don't want to lose credibility

You own 500 more accounts? Wow! You covered every possible scenario to switch to a new self if (big IF) things go wrong.

I think its safe to say 500 posters give Nadal no chance of winning the next 3 slams. I would own all of them if Nadal accomplishes it, just because I suggested it as being possible. People are that dumb, to write something off so easily.

And there are probably about 100 posters who have gone on record saying Djokovic will beat Nadal at Roland Garros. I like my chances of owning all them.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
To be fair Nadal crapped the bed when he was up 2 sets to love,and blew the breaker with some silly misses. That match never should have even gone to 5 sets.

Eh clarky, clarky ... You are critical even to a "mythical" version of nadal, which most nadal fans remember with a tear in their eyes. When were you happy with the guy?

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I think its safe to say 500 posters give Nadal no chance of winning the next 3 slams. I would own all of them if Nadal accomplishes it, just because I suggested it as being possible. People are that dumb, to write something off so easily.

And there are probably about 100 posters who have gone on record saying Djokovic will beat Nadal at Roland Garros. I like my chances of owning all them.

He will,and everything that has happened over the past year practically confirms it. Your are going to feel really dumb when Djesus wins RG this year by beating Nadal. That is if Nadal even makes the final to face him because that isn't even a guarantee at this point.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM

I agree completely. Federer had no business taking that match to five, let alone almost winning it. He was totally outplayed.

Not directed at you, Clarky, but I have to laugh when people say Federer isn't a fighter and point to that match where he saved championship point with one of the gutsiest shots in history.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
You are talking about years ago.

Nadal has made the last 4 slams finals. Djokovic is the only player to beat him. Last year Nadal beat Murray in the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. None of those matches even went to 5 sets.

Nadal is closer to beating Djokovic whereas. Nadal was up 4-2 in the fifth set on Djokovic's favorite slam surface.

That's because Djokovic is who he happened to play. You can't say that if someone else would've made the Wimbledon or US Open Final, that Nadal would've automatically won.

Nadal did beat Murray last year, but Murray wasn't playing at a particularly high level. All I was saying is that Murray has beaten him before and certainly has the capability to beat him.

Lastly, Nadal IS NOT closer to beating Djokovic. The AO Final was the only final that Nadal has really stretched Djokovic, and quite frankly Djokovic wasn't playing very well throughout that match. Djokovic is just a bad matchup for Nadal, like Nadal is for Federer. It's physics!

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
That's because Djokovic is who he happened to play. You can't say that if someone else would've made the Wimbledon or US Open Final, that Nadal would've automatically won.

Nadal did beat Murray last year, but Murray wasn't playing at a particularly high level. All I was saying is that Murray has beaten him before and certainly has the capability to beat him.

Lastly, Nadal IS NOT closer to beating Djokovic. The AO Final was the only final that Nadal has really stretched Djokovic, and quite frankly Djokovic wasn't playing very well throughout that match. Djokovic is just a bad matchup for Nadal, like Nadal is for Federer. It's physics!

Murray's best year and best form ever was 2011. Sorry.

Oh yes, Nadal is beating Djokovic, and a post like yours won't be forgotten.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM

A lot of things are possible but very unlikely. This is one of those things.

Ask clarky for details

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Eh clarky, clarky ... You are critical even to a "mythical" version of nadal, which most nadal fans remember with a tear in their eyes. When were you happy with the guy?

I was just stating the truth.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:30 PM

You could make that argument, but Federer also made a bunch of tactical mistakes in that match. He went to the net too often and at the wrong times during the first two sets. But overall I agree that Nadal outplayed him, even though I thought that Federer was far from his best.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:30 PM
A lot of things are possible but very unlikely. This is one of those things.

Ask clarky for details

It is very likely I will own all of talk tennis by the end of 2012.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Murray's best year and best form ever was 2011. Sorry.

Oh yes, Nadal is beating Djokovic, and a post like yours won't be forgotten.

Haha ok man...But you know I'm going to search you out and laugh in your face when Djokovic beats Nadal AGAIN this year at Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Madrid...the list goes on and on.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Good lord man!!! What are you smoking?!? I want some

Clarky21
03-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree completely. Federer had no business taking that match to five, let alone almost winning it. He was totally outplayed.

Not directed at you, Clarky, but I have to laugh when people say Federer isn't a fighter and point to that match where he saved championship point with one of the gutsiest shots in history.

I think Fed is a bigger fighter than people give him credit for,too. I also think he is mentally tougher than people think he is as well. You do not win 16 slams without being solid in the mental department.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Haha ok man...But you know I'm going to search you out and laugh in your face when Djokovic beats Nadal AGAIN this year at Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Madrid...the list goes on and on.

Firstly, I said nothing about Indian Well, Miami, Rome, Madrid. So I don't care who wins those.

Secondly, even though I didn't predict Nadal would win any of those events, I will bump this great post of yours if Nadal does.

Thirdly, all I care about is the slams.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Good lord man!!! What are you smoking?!? I want some

You don't know how many people have given 2012 to Djokovic/Federer already. I truly will own talk tennis. And my username will be a constant reminder.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I think Fed is a bigger fighter than people give him credit for,too. I also think he is mentally tougher than people think he is as well. You do not win 16 slams without being solid in the mental department.

You know, Clarky, I think a lot of people are wrong about you. You're actually one of my favorite posters. It's not just because you're posts can be extremely funny, but because you know what you're talking about and actually love tennis.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Firstly, I said nothing about Indian Well, Miami, Rome, Madrid. So I don't care who wins those.

Secondly, even though I didn't predict Nadal would win any of those events, I will bump this great post of yours if Nadal does.

Thirdly, all I care about is the slams.

All you care about is slams...HMM hasn't Djokovic beaten Nadal at the last 3 slams? And don't tell me you don't care who wins the other events, that's complete bull crap.

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
You don't know how many people have given 2012 to Djokovic/Federer already. I truly will own talk tennis. And my username will be a constant reminder.

You already own it but I don't know why you dumPed *********. This is definitely a mistake. I trust you to bring it back when nadzilla wins a tourney!

Ico
Have no fear nadalwon2012, Nadal the champion has already made history in 2012 by becoming the first man to ever lose three slam finals in a row. May he have a similarly rewarding 2013!

tennis_pro

I want the names right now.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
All you care about is slams...HMM hasn't Djokovic beaten Nadal at the last 3 slams? And don't tell me you don't care who wins the other events, that's complete bull crap.

Hey, I don't mean to derail the thread, but do you use Champion's Choice strings?

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM

Well until someone proves otherwise, Djokovic is going to be the man to beat at every tournament he enters. He's the #1 player in the world and he won so many titles in the past year +. Federer has been playing at a really high level, but until I see otherwise he's still looking up at Djokovic and Nadal at the slams.

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Have no fear nadalwon2012, Nadal the champion has already made history in 2012 by becoming the first man to ever lose three slam finals in a row. May he have a similarly rewarding 2013!

LOL good one!

Hitman
03-13-2012, 02:44 PM
********* is.....Kaiser Soze!:shock:

The Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The Greatest trick Mr Zilla ever pulled was convincing the world he was a Nadal fan.

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey, I don't mean to derail the thread, but do you use Champion's Choice strings?

Hey, I don't mean to derail the thread but that was your post no 666
:)

FlashFlare11
Hey, I don't mean to derail the thread but that was your post no 666
:)

Wow, I didn't even see that! Should I be scared?

agentaviles

Yes sir, I sure do. Why do you ask?

tennis_pro
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, I didn't even see that! Should I be scared?

Not really, it's at 667 now :)

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes sir, I sure do. Why do you ask?

I had them on my K Six One Tour as well. Really great string! Nice control, not a lot of power, but enough. Although, I had mine strung at 58 and 56. Do you like them?

billnepill
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM

nice choice of words there

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Not really, it's at 667 now :)

Hahahaha well, that sure didn't last long! My post count has been going up at an alarming rate these past few days. Nadalwon and Bullz1lla have been putting me to a lot of work!

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I had them on my K Six One Tour as well. Really great string! Nice control, not a lot of power, but enough. Although, I had mine strung at 58 and 56. Do you like them?

Yeah I really like them, although I still prefer to use VS Gut instead of Wilson. But I've been able to get Champion's Choice a little cheaper the last few times, so that's what I've been using.

FlashFlare11
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah I really like them, although I still prefer to use VS Gut instead of Wilson. But I've been able to get Champion's Choice a little cheaper the last few times, so that's what I've been using.

That's good. They're a bit on the expensive side, so I can't really continue to use them very often. I just have Luxilon Power Roughs now. But when I can afford to, I'll definitely try them again!

agentaviles
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
That's good. They're a bit on the expensive side, so I can't really continue to use them very often. I just have Luxilon Power Roughs now. But when I can afford to, I'll definitely try them again!

Yeah, they definitely cost quite a bit more than other strings. But I rarely if ever break my strings, so they last me quite a while. That being the case, I don't mind ponying up the extra dough for the better strings.

SStrikerR
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM

It doesn't scare me in the slightest. I enjoy tennis. Yes, federer is my favorite player to watch, however I really don't care if nadal or any other player surpasses him. Records were meant to be broken. I guess you cant read, because all my post said was that a hypothetical question like this is stupid. If you want to play this game, then how about this: hypothetically Murray picks it up, and then nadal can't beat him or djokovic. Then he has 2 guys to go through, if he even makes it that far. You don't own anything because you're using a hypothetical situation that won't happen. Come back when something realistic happens.

rommil
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Just make a couple more accounts and you can own all 100 of them.

Towser83
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
The Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The Greatest trick Mr Zilla ever pulled was convincing the world he was a Nadal fan.

The worst trick Ziller ever pulled, was not convincing everyone he wasn't Nadalwon, and several others

TennisLovaLova
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
sometimes I wonder if this forum is owned by little kids
It really starts to annoy me

tenniselbow1
03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
sometimes I wonder if this forum is owned by little kids
It really starts to annoy me

This is an exception to the norm I feel. Can't judge the whole forum based on one or two juvenile fan boys or obsessed middle aged fan girls.

Carsomyr
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM

How will you own anyone when you refuse to predict anything? Grow a pair.

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
How will you own anyone when you refuse to predict anything? Grow a pair.

You grow a pair, and change your username to your prediction. My prediction is that Nadal will win 2012. Nobody can miss that (or so I thought).

sbengte
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
My prediction is that Nadal will win 2012.

Gotta agree with it. To my knowledge that tournament is not on the schedule of Djoker , Murray, Fed and Delpo. Is it played in Mallorca ?

Sentinel
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Gotta agree with it. To my knowledge that tournament is not on the schedule of Djoker , Murray, Fed and Delpo. Is it played in Mallorca ?
The field consists of Granollers, Moya, Andujar, FL, GGL, Gimeno-Travers, Hidalgo, Montañes and Robredo.

TopFH
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
^Why do you always forget to mention that Djokovic played a 5-hour semi with Murray?

nadalwon2012
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I thought people would understand that nadawon2012 would mean Nadal won Player of the Year for 2012. I severely overestimated talk tennis....

billnepill
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
You grow a pair, and change your username to your prediction. My prediction is that Nadal will win 2012. Nobody can miss that (or so I thought).

He surely won 2012

But what about winning a tourney for a change?

agentaviles
03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
I thought people would understand that nadawon2012 would mean Nadal won Player of the Year for 2012. I severely overestimated talk tennis....

I think the only way that your username could clearly state that was if it was "NadalwillwinPlayeroftheYear2012". nadalwon2012 is kind of general.

nadalwon2012
03-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I think the only way that your username could clearly state that was if it was "NadalwillwinPlayeroftheYear2012". nadalwon2012 is kind of general.

Your idea is impossible. Not allowed that many characters in a username. Anyway, I'm sure most people know that nadawon2012 means that Nadal 'won the year' 2012. It doesn't mean that Djokovic won the year.

agentaviles
03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Your idea is impossible. Not allowed that many characters in a username. Anyway, I'm sure most people know that nadawon2012 means that Nadal 'won the year' 2012. It doesn't mean that Djokovic won the year.

Dude I was being sarcastic...wow you're hard headed.

celoft
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM

LOL....................................

joeri888
03-14-2012, 07:20 AM
This thread is pure win..
except for the -unfortunately not ignorable, quite substantive - part where it fails completely.

agentaviles
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM
This thread is pure win..
except for the -unfortunately not ignorable, quite substantive - part where it fails completely.

I couldn't agree more.

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM

I don't see how that is going to help him at all, could you explain?

Cup8489
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
nadalwon2012 is getting torn up lol

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Strange that the same people that think this is so unlikely think that this is so likely---http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=414452&page=9 (Can Roger overtake Rafa at #2)

View Poll Results: Can Roger overtake Rafa?
No way in hell through the French. 34 31.48%
Possible, if Rafa crashes early in a few places 74 68.52%

They don't look so rational now, do they?

billnepill
03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Strange that the same people that think this is so unlikely think that this is so likely---http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=414452&page=9 (Can Roger overtake Rafa at #2)

View Poll Results: Can Roger overtake Rafa?
No way in hell through the French. 34 31.48%
Possible, if Rafa crashes early in a few places 74 68.52%

They don't look so rational now, do they?

Who are they? The enemy? The others? The communists?

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Who are they? The enemy? The others? The communists?

Like I said, when you win the argument they will be quick to change the argument. I can tell you one thing Bill, those sure aren't Novak or Nadal fans. I am sure you are intelligent enough to deduce who those people are, aren't you?

Cup8489
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Like I said, when you win the argument they will be quick to change the argument. I can tell you one thing Bill, those sure aren't Novak or Nadal fans. I am sure you are intelligent enough to deduce who those people are, aren't you?

actually, i'm willing to bet that the majority of Djokovic fans could believe Fed would overtake number 2.

Being a Djoko fan is not mutually exclusive with being a Federer fan.

Nice try, though.

billnepill
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM

The so called ****s I reckon. The problem I have with your "they" is that you take one person's opinion and extrapolate it to all other ****s. It is like taking *********'s posts and trying to put them in namelessone's mouth for example. I say you address the people, not the group. But continue doing whatever you feel appropriate

jackson vile
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
The so called ****s I reckon. The problem I have with your "they" is that you take one person's opinion and extrapolate it to all other ****s. It is like taking *********'s posts and trying to put them in namelessone's mouth for example. I say you address the people, not the group. But continue doing whatever you feel appropriate

I posted the thread, check through it and you will see all the usual suspects, as well as the poll of at least 74 people that agree. Let's be honest, no one agree with "they/them" except for those that are fanboys of said player.

6-1 6-3 6-0
06-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I was going to create a separate thread for this, but I realised that another poster already did so in 2012.

Will it happen in 2014?

The Green Mile
06-10-2014, 01:49 AM
I was going to create a separate thread for this, but I realised that another poster already did so in 2012.

Will it happen in 2014?

As I said in the other thread you bumped, I think not...

yoloiamtheman
06-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Fed also did this by winning USO08 FO09 WIM09 & FO09 WIM09 AO10

Nadal did this by winning FO08 WIM08 AO09 & FO10 WIM10 USO10

But the two achieved by Nadal don't have any intersection and i urge people to stop talking in terms of calender years.

For me any 4 consecutive slams are equivalent to a calender slam !!

The Green Mile
06-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Fed also did this by winning USO08 FO09 WIM09 & FO09 WIM09 AO10

Nadal did this by winning FO08 WIM08 AO09 & FO10 WIM10 USO10

But the two achieved by Nadal don't have any intersection and i urge people to stop talking in terms of calender years.

For me any 4 consecutive slams are equivalent to a calender slam !!

But achieving something in a CALENDER YEAR is the ULTIMATE ACHIEVEMENT...

So it's best to play the tennis of your life in one year only, and not win as much in all your other years, for example Djokovic in 2011...

So I think Murray should start preparing for his calendar year of greatness very soon, which should take place in 2015, and maybe just take it a bit easier this year...

P.S- How did you come up with your Username?

bullfan
06-10-2014, 02:46 AM
I would be absolutely shocked to see that.

I just don't think Nadal has that energy any longer.

TJfederer16
06-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Everyone seems to have gone a little over the top with this win. This is Rafa's failsafe slam and the one he is 'supposed' to win, if he doesn't win this then everything is blown out the water for him and he loses that sense of invincibility at the French, he has already lost that invincibility on clay overall these last couple of years since Novak has beaten him and now Ferrer beating him this year in Monte Carlo of all places. So Rafa's had a pretty terrible year, and has struggled greatly on his best surface by far this year, he sold his soul to win this French Open. There's no big difference between 8 and 9 French Open's, a 9th doesn't suddenly make him the greatest.

phnx90
06-10-2014, 08:09 AM

Will it happen in 2014?

Well of course you know that this thread exists...

NADALRECORD
06-10-2014, 09:59 AM
There's no big difference between 8 and 9 French Open's, a 9th doesn't suddenly make him the greatest.

That's why Agassi said "I'd put Nadal number one, Federer number two" before Nadal won the 9th Roland Garros. Nadal was already the greatest. The rest is just gravy. Many, many slams of gravy are about to be won by Nadal.

xFedal
06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
That's why Agassi said "I'd put Nadal number one, Federer number two" before Nadal won the 9th Roland Garros. Nadal was already the greatest. The rest is just gravy. Many, many slams of gravy are about to be won by Nadal.

NadalR my brother from another mother, relax will see what happens at Wimby

6-1 6-3 6-0
06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Well of course you know that this thread exists...

Yes, the search function is quite useful.

phnx90
06-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Yes, the search function is quite useful.

Yes, of course it is