PDA

View Full Version : 6 mounts or 2 mounts?

JourneyRocks13
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Which one is better overall? Please help!!

nalvarado
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Both will adequately support a racquet.

Clintspin
03-14-2012, 04:20 AM
I have used everything from Klippermate to Neo 2 point to Gamma 6 point and Stringway inside support and I have always observed oversize racquets pulling in significantly at the 11 and 1 o'clock points while stringing the mains. Does everybody notice this? I have never cracked a racquet so I would have to guess racquets are built to do this. No support system is supporting the racquet that far from the center.

Irvin
03-14-2012, 05:43 AM
My stringer's top outside supports hit the racket between the 1 & 2 and 10 & 11 o'clock positions. the bottom is between the 4 & 5 and 7 & 8 o'clock positions.

Clintspin
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
But you racquet is not supported by those mounts in such a way to stop the racquet from moving inward. I am currently using your same support system, Irvin, and I can watch the racquet move. Those side arms will not stop the racquet from pulling in and away from them. They do help when you are stringing the first several mains and the racquet wants to expand outward. The last few mains don't push the racquet outward as much as they want to pull inward. Do an oversize racquet and watch carefully.

Clintspin
03-14-2012, 08:42 AM
And I this does also occur at the 5 and 8 o'clock positions, also.

Irvin
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
But you racquet is not supported by those mounts in such a way to stop the racquet from moving inward. I am currently using your same support system, Irvin, and I can watch the racquet move. Those side arms will not stop the racquet from pulling in and away from them. They do help when you are stringing the first several mains and the racquet wants to expand outward. The last few mains don't push the racquet outward as much as they want to pull inward. Do an oversize racquet and watch carefully.

I would agree with that but the next time you mount a racket make the outside supports finger tight. After the mains are strung try to open the outside supports. You will find them much more than finger tight. Once the racket is strung and the crosses pull the outside of the frame in the side supports are again finger tight.

No those supports do not hold the racket from going inward but there is no need for that.

Clintspin
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Watch your oversize racquet and tell me yours doesn't move. I have never seen one that doesn't. It's a little scary to watch.