PDA

View Full Version : Spenco vs Superfeet?

pfchang
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking of making a first time purchase on better insoles, and i'm between SP Blue and the Spenco total support insoles. I have normal to slightly low arches and after reading reviews, i'm really torn between what to choose.

It seems like most of the forum swears by superfeet, but i'm scared that i'll waste $40 if they don't "mold" to my feet, which is apparently something the spenco total support can do (heat mold).

Then again everyone seems to love superfeet...

I guess if anyone could compare between the two or comment, it would be much appreciated.

archman
03-14-2012, 04:17 AM
What is your goal for getting insoles? I thought I needed custom orthotics, turns out I just needed cushioning. The spenco polysorb did the trick for me where my custom ones caused PF.

JT_2eighty
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Good timing on this thread. I've been a Superfeet user for over a year now, I was definitely swayed by the superfeet bandwagon, although not a bad thing as they are a great product. Definitely amazing for Arch Support.

However, as far as cushioning, there are probably better options. My Superfeet insoles have worn out (cushioning is gone, but arch support is still tip top shape), so I want to try something new next (once my foot heals... note this foot injury is not due to any insole or shoe).

Based on recent foot pain, I am going to try one that is more geared towards cushion than arch support.

So far the following are contenders based on some other threads and other info I've been gathering (in no particular order, yet):

Sof Sole Airr Performance Insoles
Sorbothane UltraSole Insoles
Sorbothane SorboAir Insoles
Superfeet Orange Insoles (my current one)
Dr. Scholls Sport Insoles
Spenco PolySorb Support

jacktyler627
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
I think I'm developing shin splints from a lack of arch support
Using the nike 2k11's

would and insole help me (even if I am planning on getting new shoes soon)

pfchang
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
What is your goal for getting insoles? I thought I needed custom orthotics, turns out I just needed cushioning. The spenco polysorb did the trick for me where my custom ones caused PF.

I guess i don't really know, whether b/w cushioning or support.

I'd say i'd be down for more cushioning, just anything better than the cheap ones that come with the shoe.

I feel like the spenco ones seem to offer more cushioning? I'm kinda leaning toward getting those

Al Czervik
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, Superfeet are not for cushioning. I had no idea until I bought a pair. They eventually helped a bit with support in some shoes that killed my arches. Sorbothane, Spenco and the rest are for cushioning.

JT_2eighty
03-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I think I'm developing shin splints from a lack of arch support
Using the nike 2k11's

would and insole help me (even if I am planning on getting new shoes soon)

Yes. Even with new shoes, the best thing for your feet, knees, etc, is to replace the factory insole with a better one. My short list above represents the major players in tennis insole replacements. Some are better for arch support needs, while others are more about shock-absorbing for comfort in the foot. Trying to find one that blends support and cushioning is key, but always these aftermarket insoles are going to be far superior to the stock insoles that come with new shoes. Stock insoles are basically like a piece of cloth inside the shoe that is not going to enhance support or cushioning at all.

[d]ragon
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
The Spenco Total Supports are great. They offer good cushioning and are heat moldable for personalized fit. Only cons are that they dont last more than 2 pairs of shoes and after awhile they start squeaking when you walk