PDA

View Full Version : Fed on schedule for another Nadal drubbing....

Pages : [1] 2

svijk
03-15-2012, 06:07 AM
and Im saying this as a Fed fan....but its starting to look inevitable.

In the past even when has he looked in sublime form he was easily dismantled by Rafa and now he doesn't look so good. Got through some tough matches against Raonic and Belluci and then you throw in the slow court, illness (maybe) and a well rested and in-form Nadal, its going to be 2 quick sets like Miami last year.

well this is is all pointless if Delpo beats Fed tomorrow

sdont
03-15-2012, 06:12 AM
and Im saying this as a Fed fan....but its starting to look inevitable.

In the past even when has he looked in sublime form he was easily dismantled by Rafa and now he doesn't look so good. Got through some tough matches against Raonic and Belluci and then you throw in the slow court, illness (maybe) and a well rested and in-form Nadal, its going to be 2 quick sets like Miami last year.

well this is is all pointless if Delpo beats Fed tomorrow

We agree that this thread is pointless right now, then.

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 06:14 AM
But look at how many players Federer has slaughtered. Look at Roddick. Why is it unfair for Nadal to merely lead 18-9 over Federer? That is nothing compared to the damage Federer has inflicted on others. People are supposed to suffer a lot in life. Positive and negative energy is supposed to be balanced throughout the universe. That includes Federer. And Federer's 'suffering' is only in tennis matches (and only vs ONE player!). That is a crazy easy life.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 06:21 AM
I don't really expect a close match if they both make it (and that's a big if, since they face del Potro and Nalbandian, respectively). I'll always have hope that Federer might win, but he's really struggling and it's very apparent that he's willing himself out of these matches.

DjokovicForTheWin
03-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Anyone hoping Delpo will take out Fed?

Murrayfan31
03-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Fed is done tbh. Nadal has the easy draw here.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 06:27 AM

If Roger's level doesn't significantly increase tomorrow night, then most likely yes. But I'd love to see a Federer-Nalbandian match!

cknobman
03-15-2012, 06:53 AM
But look at how many players Federer has slaughtered. Look at Roddick. Why is it unfair for Nadal to merely lead 18-9 over Federer? That is nothing compared to the damage Federer has inflicted on others. People are supposed to suffer a lot in life. Positive and negative energy is supposed to be balanced throughout the universe. That includes Federer. And Federer's 'suffering' is only in tennis matches (and only vs ONE player!). That is a crazy easy life.

Agreed. All things balance out. Just look at how Novak stepped up and has gone 7-0 against Nadal and every single one of those matches being a final (3 of them Grand Slams).

Now we just need to see what the counterbalance for Novak will be.

monfed
03-15-2012, 06:58 AM
I don't see the point of this thread? If it's such a given why make this thread at all? I mean do we create threads like "Ferrer/Roddick/Davydenko is on schedule for another Federer drubbing" ?

Anyway, Federer's never played Nadal in Indian wells and it's a best of 3. Anything can happen if Fed wins the first set. He doesn't have to win 2 more, just one more, have you considered that?

DjokovicForTheWin
03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
If Roger's level doesn't significantly increase tomorrow night, then most likely yes. But I'd love to see a Federer-Nalbandian match!

Yeah me too but don't see it happening, Nadal is playing the best HC tennis of his career.

mandy01
03-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Since I can't watch it (thankfully) I couldn't care less although of course, I'd rather he lost to DP, a player I like.

trenzterra
03-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Actually his illness works both ways. On the other hand, I think Federer may play Nadal (if he wins dP) with a mindset that he's not at 100% anyway, so he might as well give whatever he's got and try. Often when put in that position, he comes through.

Cup8489
03-15-2012, 07:18 AM

Dude, can you just like.. go somewhere else and stop being so annoying? Thanks.

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Nadal has to get to him first,and even then it is far from guaranteed he will win. Nadal hasn't been playing that great,anyway.

Hood_Man
03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Nadal has to get to him first,and even then it is far from guaranteed he will win. Nadal hasn't been playing that great,anyway.

You're consistent, I'll give you that :)

stringertom
03-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Dude, can you just like.. go somewhere else and stop being so annoying? Thanks.

Sadly, mission impossible.

SLD76
03-15-2012, 07:39 AM

again I ask you...what matches have you been watching?

He completely dismantled Granolla and Dolgo and not lost a set.

What more do you want????

That said, with fed being sick and all, Im more worried about him getting thru Delpo.

Hopefully he doesnt regress in his condition in the day off.

That said, if he makes the semi and loses to rafa, im cool with it because he wont lose pts and I dont expect him to beat rafa on this court at this stage of his career anyway. nevermind being ill to boot.

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 07:40 AM
You're consistent, I'll give you that :)

Thanks. :lol:

stephan_58
03-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Maybe the fact that nobody will expect Fed to win (probably not even himself, even if he'd never admit it) will make him swing freely in this encounter, who knows. He definitely won't feel as much pressure considering he's not 100% and IW is basically solid clay.

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 07:45 AM

That said, with fed being sick and all, Im more worried about him getting thru Delpo.

That said, if he makes the semi and loses to rafa, im cool with it because he wont lose pts and I dont expect him to beat rafa on this court at this stage of his career anyway. nevermind being ill to boot.

How about a better second seve that's not spun in at 70-80mph,or an actual bh that is not just a moonball. Oh,and how about some mental fortitude when serving for sets/matches instead of the choke jobs he's been doing out there,and a ros would be nice. Besides,Dolgo was an ue machine so Nadal really didn't have to do much with only 12 winners and 7 ue. He will not get away with that kind of junk against Nalby in the next round,or any of the top players for that matter.

DjokovicForTheWin
03-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Might actually be good if Fed loses. That way we can see what this version of Delpo is capable of versus Nadal. I can see Delpo pushing it to 3.

DjokovicForTheWin
03-15-2012, 07:47 AM
How about a better second seve that's not spun in at 70-80mph,or an actual bh that is not just a moonball. Oh,and how about some mental fortitude when serving for sets/matches instead of the choke jobs he's been doing out there,and a ros would be nice. Besides,Dolgo was an ue machine so Nadal really didn't have to do much with only 12 winners and 7 ue. He will not get away with that kind of junk against Nalby in the next round,or any of the top players for that matter.

You also said he wouldn't get away with it against Dolgo, and he did. Quite easily at that.

If Nadal plays the way he did yesterday against Granollers he will be in big trouble. Dolgo is a tricky opponent,and could easily surprise us here.

joeri888
03-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Federer is an ue machine against Nadal.

pmerk34
03-15-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't see the point of this thread? If it's such a given why make this thread at all? I mean do we create threads like "Ferrer/Roddick/Davydenko is on schedule for another Federer drubbing" ?

Anyway, Federer's never played Nadal in Indian wells and it's a best of 3. Anything can happen if Fed wins the first set. He doesn't have to win 2 more, just one more, have you considered that?

Why did Mirka gain 1,000 lbs when she married Fed?

monfed
03-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Maybe the fact that nobody will expect Fed to win (probably not even himself, even if he'd never admit it) will make him swing freely in this encounter, who knows. He definitely won't feel as much pressure considering he's not 100% and IW is basically solid clay.

Logical post, I agree.

sureshs
03-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Federer already has the headache and cold excuse lined up. So, win or lose, he wins.

sbengte
03-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Only one man can now prevent the inevitable. Will he ?

http://tennisconnected.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Del-Potro-No.-4.jpg

I have been waiting for a Nadal-Delpo match and I hope we get one this time.

pmerk34
03-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Only one man can now prevent the inevitable. Will he ?

http://tennisconnected.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Del-Potro-No.-4.jpg

I have been waiting for a Nadal-Delpo match and I hope we get one this time.

FRANKENSTEIN WILL STOP FED

SLD76
03-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Why did Mirka gain 1,000 lbs when she married Fed?

why do you eat paste?

Hitman
03-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Vamos Del Potro! Time for a first Masters 1000.

andry16
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
well federer might have the phisical hand in their possible SF meeting, remember rafais playing also in doubles and he is scheduled to play today the doubles semi sohe is not having any resting day

courtking
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
so what happen to Federer?? he looks slow and tired last 2 matches.. did he catch the flu bug that's going around IW this year?? alot of players got sick and pull out..

celoft
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Nadal on schedule for another Djokovic drubbing....

Groundhog Day, no?

Param
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
No one will give Fed a chance against Rafa now looking at the way he struggled so far. But then nobody gave him a chance during Madrid 09 final as well. Djoker stretching Rafa during semi is not the actual reason as Nadal can play two back to back 5 hour matches in 24 hours. If Fed passes Delpo test, may be he will upstage Nadal also.

DeShaun
03-15-2012, 10:50 AM
I would love to see Roger and Rafa duke it out. Chances are based on recent histiry that Roger would come out hot and perhaps win the first set. After this it's anybody's match. Roger's due to beat him IMO:)

joeri888
03-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Might actually be good if Fed loses. That way we can see what this version of Delpo is capable of versus Nadal. I can see Delpo pushing it to 3.

They could also just stop with these ridiculously monotonous draws and start giving Nadal some opposition. Not that I think ATP is all for Rafa, but it's just annoying that Del Potro loses to Federer in every tournament they play both.

joeri888
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I would love to see Roger and Rafa duke it out. Chances are based on recent histiry that Roger would come out hot and perhaps win the first set. After this it's anybody's match. Roger's due to beat him IMO:)

This court is too slow. Even if Fed plays well, he'll be toast. Rafa in 2, one baking product.

CMM
03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
well federer might have the phisical hand in their possible SF meeting, remember rafais playing also in doubles and he is scheduled to play today the doubles semi sohe is not having any resting day

All his matches have been short.
Besides, Federer played many matches in February while Rafa rested. Doubles matches are not exhausting. They are more like practice sessions.

jackson vile
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't really expect a close match if they both make it (and that's a big if, since they face del Potro and Nalbandian, respectively). I'll always have hope that Federer might win, but he's really struggling and it's very apparent that he's willing himself out of these matches.

Why all the gloom and doom when he has been winning all these tournaments. I am not at all saying that he has the odds in his favor, however I am saying that he is not without a chance in reality.

We have seen many close matches between them, and it is not a best of 5. If it was a slam I would put money on Nadal, but in this situation I would not bet on either.

agentaviles
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I always like to think that anything can happen, so I'm hoping that Federer can play well against Del Potro tomorrow, and then carry it over to play Nadal or Nalbandian. He has to get off to a quick start and keep on track to beat Rafa on a slow court like this.

pmerk34
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Why all the gloom and doom when he has been winning all these tournaments. I am not at all saying that he has the odds in his favor, however I am saying that he is not without a chance in reality.

We have seen many close matches between them, and it is not a best of 5. If it was a slam I would put money on Nadal, but in this situation I would not bet on either.

Nadal is going to put a beating on that old man

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM

Because Roger simply doesn't look comfortable on court at all. Granted, Bellucci and Raonic played well, but Federer's been missing some easy shots more often.

Yes, he's been playing well, but this is his third tournament in 4 weeks, I think. He was bound to feel the effects in either IW or Miami.

Murrayfan31
03-15-2012, 11:43 AM
More like Del Potro is going to put a beating on that old man.

kaku
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Is it just me or has Rafa slightly tinkered with his service motion. It looks like he's trying to find some cross between that USO 2010 motion and his more natural motion. At least he's not spinning first serves in at 90 mph like he was near the end of last year.

kaleidoskope
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Do we have any idea who's playing first?

ledwix
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM

No one said anything about Federer having a bad life. lol. No one said it was "unfair" to be down 18-9 against a player either. Stop projecting.

TMF
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Fed is not going to beat Nadal if they make the semifinal. Roger is sick...he was throwing up after his first match. Commentators were saying Roger was still sufferring from the flu yesterday, but as a fighter he'll continue to play. Roger shouldn't even be playing, he should withdraw just like Davydenko did. There's no need to put himself in this situation.

Other reason the court is slow which suit perfectly for Nadal, who's healthy(didn't get the virus).

Towser83
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Federer doesn't need to be sick to lose to Nadal, especially on a slow hardcourt. I guess it doesn't help though, but really he'll probably be ok by the time the semis roll around. Maybe robbed of a bit of practice. But let's not make excuses like people do for Nadal everytime he loses.

TMF
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Federer doesn't need to be sick to lose to Nadal, especially on a slow hardcourt. I guess it doesn't help though, but really he'll probably be ok by the time the semis roll around. Maybe robbed of a bit of practice. But let's not make excuses like people do for Nadal everytime he loses.

I didn't know my post was an excuse.:confused:
I think those are the factors that Roger will not beat Nadal. However, I would love to be wrong and you guys can go after me.:)

Towser83
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
ok sorry, not saying you are making excuses but lots of people are saying he's ill, but if it's a food bug,he'll probably be ok by the semis. Maybe not, but he's playing ok at the minute, not great but he's played worse when healthy. So yeah the illness doesn't help,but he'sprobably losing to Rafa whatever his health.

kragster
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM

It's sad that on this forum, things have come to a point where a player can't even say they aren't feeling good. Lots of posters (not you) think they are a better authority on a player's health than the player themself and unless there is a doctor's certificate, people will claim any talk of injury or sickness is an excuse. I for one am perfectly fine with taking what the player says at face value. If Fed says he's sick or Rafa says his knees hurt or Nole says he had breathing issues, I am not going to question it because in the grand scheme of things, health and fitness are part and parcel of the game .Even if the player is lying, he/she will be judged purely on accomplishments. No one is going to hand out extra slams to a player, because they COULD have won if they had been 100%.

Hood_Man
03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
It's sad that on this forum, things have come to a point where a player can't even say they aren't feeling good. Lots of posters (not you) think they are a better authority on a player's health than the player themself and unless there is a doctor's certificate, people will claim any talk of injury or sickness is an excuse. I for one am perfectly fine with taking what the player says at face value. If Fed says he's sick or Rafa says his knees hurt or Nole says he had breathing issues, I am not going to question it because in the grand scheme of things, health and fitness are part and parcel of the game .Even if the player is lying, he/she will be judged purely on accomplishments. No one is going to hand out extra slams to a player, because they COULD have won if they had been 100%.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m493/Stephanie_Stull/Tumbler%20GIFs/citizenkane.gif

Towser83
03-15-2012, 01:29 PM

true, good point. But it's also sad when no victory is a proper victory because people are always talking about sickness/injury. Federer is ill, but I just don't think that will be the biggest factor vs Nadal, It doesn't help but if Nadal wins it's probably because he plays better than Federer, not because Federer is sick. I'm not saying anyone is faking injury or sickness, but too often people trat it as if it's the sole reason for the outcome of the match. That's all I'm saying.

PS, not saying TMF was doing that, but some of the ***** probably will

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Nadal has to get to the so-called "old man" first,and even then it's not a given.

kragster
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
true, good point. But it's also sad when no victory is a proper victory because people are always talking about sickness/injury. Federer is ill, but I just don't think that will be the biggest factor vs Nadal, It doesn't help but if Nadal wins it's probably because he plays better than Federer, not because Federer is sick. I'm not saying anyone is faking injury or sickness, but too often people trat it as if it's the sole reason for the outcome of the match. That's all I'm saying.

PS, not saying TMF was doing that, but some of the ***** probably will

Agreed, not saying that tennis players don't exaggerate illnesses but it's really hard to distinguish between levels of sickness/injury so I think it's just easiest to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, knowing that irrespective, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and some days I felt pretty fine and some days I felt crappy. Fed could technically feel sick one day, well the next and then sick again. I have also had tendinitis where some days when I try to lift weights my arm kills me and then 2 days later my arm feels great.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Agreed, not saying that tennis players don't exaggerate illnesses but it's really hard to distinguish between levels of sickness/injury so I think it's just easiest to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, knowing that irrespective, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and some days I felt pretty fine and some days I felt crappy. Fed could technically feel sick one day, well the next and then sick again. I have also had tendinitis where some days when I try to lift weights my arm kills me and then 2 days later my arm feels great.

Yeah you can never tell what a player is feeling or how it's effecting them. Illness can act in many different ways

Emet74
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
ok sorry, not saying you are making excuses but lots of people are saying he's ill, but if it's a food bug,he'll probably be ok by the semis. Maybe not, but he's playing ok at the minute, not great but he's played worse when healthy. So yeah the illness doesn't help,but he'sprobably losing to Rafa whatever his health.

Fed has now said in two separate pressers that he does NOT have the IW tummy bug; his and his family's symptoms are completely different.

He mentioned head cold; fever; headache, body aches, sounds like a normal flu and he says he's nearly recovered and hoping to be 100% by the Delpo match.

As everyone knows flu can affect energy levels for some time so surely won't help against the top players but obviously Delpo and especially Nadal are good enough to beat him in any health; I don't think there's any controversy on that point (esp. Rafa).

OddJack
03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Delpo is going to beat Rodge this time.
Rodge is not in good shape, he has said he is sick and not feeling 100%

rommil
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM
del Po can move forward, I like his game and when it's on, it's awesome to watch. Feddie can rest.

Murrayfan31
03-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Hoping for a Del Potro/Djokovic final.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM

that would be great

marcub
03-15-2012, 04:44 PM

Good chance of happening methinks.

TopFH
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Whatever the result Federer gets from this event, he should totally skip Miami to rest.

tennis_pro
03-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Whatever the result Federer gets from this event, he should totally skip Miami to rest.

Check out the draw first, Fed.

MichaelNadal
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Nadal on schedule for another Djokovic drubbing....

Groundhog Day, no?

Couldn't have said it better myself lol.

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself lol.

Hopefully,Nalby or Fed will thwart Nadal's chance of getting an 8th beating in a row from Djesus. I am actually cheering for Nadal to lose tomorrow to put him out of his misery. His game is garbage,and he stands zero chance of winning the final against Djesus should he even get there. I am begging for Nalby to stop the bleeding,and I think he will. Enough is enough already.

TopFH
03-15-2012, 05:50 PM

I said that because he would have 4 events in 5 weeks, but if the draw seems fine for him, he should go for it.

rommil
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
He will probably go, and lose early. As long as he doesn't quit midmatch:)

TopFH
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
^Fed's too stubborn and proud to do that. :)

OrangePower
03-15-2012, 06:35 PM
My money would have to be on a Nadal/Fed semi, with Nadal winning, and then a Djokovic/Nadal final with Djokovic winning.

In terms of what could prevent this from happening, from most to least likely:

Del Potro takes out Fed
Fed takes out Rafa
Nalbandian beats Nadal
Nadal beats Djokovic
Isner/Simon beats Djokovic

celoft
03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Hopefully,Nalby or Fed will thwart Nadal's chance of getting an 8th beating in a row from Djesus. I am actually cheering for Nadal to lose tomorrow to put him out of his misery. His game is garbage,and he stands zero chance of winning the final against Djesus should he even get there. I am begging for Nalby to stop the bleeding,and I think he will. Enough is enough already.

Nole could make it 10-0 very soon.

sbengte
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM

Right. He should decide to play if he gets a Nadalian draw. But then there can be only one Nadalian draw per tournament which is reserved for Nadal , so..it is pointless :lol:

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Right. He should decide to play if he gets a Nadalian draw. But then there can be only one Nadalian draw per tournament which is reserved for Nadal , so..it is pointless :lol:

When is the Miami draw taking place?

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 07:03 PM
In the avatars above me stand 2 of the most classy, elegant and brilliant champions in the history of our fine sport.

PS, in the avatar to the left of this post stands the most bad-*** fictional character EVAAA.

sbengte
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
In the avatars above me stand 2 of the most classy, elegant and brilliant champions in the history of our fine sport.....

......with 10+ sportsmanship awards between them.....

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 07:11 PM
In the avatars above me stand 2 of the most classy, elegant and brilliant champions in the history of our fine sport.

PS, in the avatar to the left of this post stands the most bad-*** fictional character EVAAA.
That episode was on air just a couple weeks ago. I never get tired of rewatching FMA!

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
......with 10+ sportsmanship awards between them.....

Damn, how did I fail to include that in my post! The kings of grace.

That episode was on air just a couple weeks ago. I never get tired of rewatching FMA!

I could watch episode 19 again and again and again...

BTW, and again.:twisted:

roysid
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
It's not grand slam and best of 3. I expect a close match.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I could watch episode 19 again and again and again...

BTW, and again.:twisted:

Episode 60, especially the last few minutes when Father opens the gate in the sky. Such an epic moment!

And the entirety of 61!

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Episode 60, especially the last few minutes when Father opens the gate in the sky. Such an epic moment!

And the entirety of 61!

Absolutely agreed! And, episode 63 is very profound. Also, I am very much a fan of episode 26 because of the compelling back story to one of the lead characters.

Fate Archer
03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Damn guys, I haven't watched Brotherhood completely yet... :(

So much spoilers lol

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Absolutely agreed! And, episode 63 is very profound. Also, I am very much a fan of episode 26 because of the compelling back story to one of the lead characters.

Ah yes, 26 and 27 are beautiful episodes! In 27, the final scene where Hohenheim sees Trisha standing before him along with the others, that scene coupled with the ending song is one of the most beautiful scenes in any animated television series I've ever watched! So many different emotions in that very particular, very unique scene!

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Lol, I've tried to not give anything specific away... sorry, though!

Post #82 though, whoops!

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Damn guys, I haven't watched Brotherhood completely yet... :(

So much spoilers lol
Oh, I am so sorry! Didn't know there were other FMA enthusiasts here.

By the way, have you played FFXIII-2 yet?

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Ah yes, 26 and 27 are beautiful episodes! In 27, the final scene where Hohenheim sees Trisha standing before him along with the others, that scene coupled with the ending song is one of the most beautiful scenes in any animated television series I've ever watched! So many different emotions in that very particular, very unique scene!

You're making me want to watch the whole series again.

PS, FATE do not read this quoted post **SPOILER WARNING**

Back on topic. Fed's played himself into good form over the recent weeks. Let's see how good Nadal can be suddenly coming back from such a long break against a player of Federer's caliber, who has recently won two 500 hc events.

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Back on topic. Fed's played himself into good form over the recent weeks. Let's see how good Nadal can be suddenly coming back from such a long break against a player of Federer's caliber, who has recently won two 500 hc events.

Nadal has played better than Federer this week actually :lol:

timnz
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Nadal has been fortunate that in the last number of years that tennis has gone in a direction that greately favours himself - I speak of the great tennis court slowdown almost everyhere. His acheivements are still noteworthy - however at the same time tennis is going against Federer.

There are probably only about 3 or 4 tournament a year that suit Federer and only one of those has over 500 points for the winner.

Imagine if tennis in the 1970's and 1980's had the same tennis courts as now. No-one would have heard of John McEnroe - he wouldn't even be in the top ten even at his peak.

FlashFlare11

Gosh, I'm doing it to myself! :)

I was hoping the momentum Federer was riding was going to carry him rather easily to at least the QRTRs. He had a far more difficult draw compared to Nadal and Djokovic. It's a bit difficult to gauge where Federer is because Raonic and Bellucci played extremely good first sets (I've never seen Bellucci play that well on a hard court before). Plus, it was the first time Roger had played them. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable against Juan Martin, an opponent he is very familiar with. Also, hopefully the illness that's been bothering him has subsided as well.

TheTruth

Agree. Not to mention that there's still two opponents before they possibly meet. This is just like any other tournament, upsets, and you have to play the matches in front of you first.

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Nadal has been beating Federer on hardcourts since Nadal was a teenager. Wouldn't matter what 'direction' tennis went, Nadal would always own Federer. 6-1 on outdoor hardcourts. And the only win Federer had was a 5-setter at Miami (when the final was best-of-5) where Nadal won the first 2 sets.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Amen.......!

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
That's right, based on history Nadal will be favourite should they meet. However, it's his first tournament back and it's just the best of 3 format, and Fed's been on a roll. I look forward to the hopeful match-up, should it happen.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m493/Stephanie_Stull/Tumbler%20GIFs/citizenkane.gif

Great gif.

TMF
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Nadal has been beating Federer on hardcourts since Nadal was a teenager. Wouldn't matter what 'direction' tennis went, Nadal would always own Federer. 6-1 on outdoor hardcourts. And the only win Federer had was a 5-setter at Miami (when the final was best-of-5) where Nadal won the first 2 sets.

Nadal is lucky that they chose to slow down the court and increases the bounce. Had the surface was play like in the 90s, Fed would beat Nadal more often. Notice the Nadal never beat Fed on fast indoor. And 30 year old Fed still the king on indoor, even the #1 Nole is not as good as him.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
That's right, based on history Nadal will be favourite should they meet. However, it's his first tournament back and it's just the best of 3 format, and Fed's been on a roll. I look forward to the hopeful match-up, should it happen.

Even though the usual result occurs more often than what I'd like, there's always a part of me that tells me that Roger will do it. It's that and nothing else that attracts me to watch their matches. Oh, and Roger is playing (another incentive to watch).

Towser83
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM

I believe it's 5-1. But in Federer's best years they met 3 times on outdoor hard, 2-1 to Nadal. Impressive but not conclusive.

What's gone against Federer is age. He is enough off his prime to make life against prime nadal whose game is tailor made to beat federer, very very difficult. Against a non hardcourt prime Nadal back in 2004-2006 Federer would probably hold a fairly even H2H, or have the edge if they played on fast low bouncing courts, but they didn't play much (though Federer won the only 5 set match) Non prime Federer against prime Nadal though is going to be firmly in Nadal's favour except on fast low bouncing courts

Surfaces do play a part. Did Federer and Nadal ever play Cinci, or US Open? Dubai was fast but that was once and Federer kind of blew that match. Apart from that we have Miami x2 (slow) AO x2 (slow)

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Nadal is lucky that they chose to slow down the court and increases the bounce. Had the surface was play like in the 90s, Fed would beat Nadal more often. Notice the Nadal never beat Fed on fast indoor. And 30 year old Fed still the king on indoor, even the #1 Nole is not as good as him.

Nadal would run down balls that Agassi never could vs Sampras. So Nadal would be beating Sampras regularly in the 90s. Hewitt gave Sampras fits, and he's a very light/untalented version of Nadal. And Nadal would be out-maneuvering Agassi and beating him too. And Nadal would still be beating Federer in the 90s, on clay more than ever, because that was far slower clay than the clay they have today. On hardcourts, yeah Nadal would love the bouncy rebound ace of Australia, and would beat Federer there everytime. US Open, it would be a toss-up. Nadal, as he's said before, can use his big serve when required, so he would on the ultra-fast US Open 90s court.

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Roger playing is the only incentive I need. Bring it Rodjah.

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Nadal would run down balls that Agassi never could vs Sampras. So Nadal would be beating Sampras regularly in the 90s. Hewitt gave Sampras fits, and he's a very light version of Nadal. And Nadal would be out-maneuvering Agassi and beating him too. And Nadal would still be beating Federer in the 90s, on clay more than ever, because that was far slower clay than the clay they have today. On hardcourts, yeah Nadal would love the bouncy rebound ace of Australia, and would beat Federer there everytime. US Open, it would be a toss-up. Nadal, as he's said before, can use his big serve when required, so he would on the ultra-fast US Open 90s court.

This supposed mega serve which Nadal simply chooses not to use. Are you not at all surprised that he hasn't brought it out again in full force against Nole in finals, especially considering the success he had against Nole in the 2010 US Open Final. Odd one, that Nadal, eh.:-|

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Nadal is lucky that they chose to slow down the court and increases the bounce.

Had the surface was play like in the 90s, Fed would beat Nadal more often. Notice the Nadal never beat Fed on fast indoor. And 30 year old Fed still the king on indoor, even the #1 Nole is not as good as him.

So they should only have courts that benefit Federer?

How can you know that? Fed wasn't winning the big ones when he first came on tour against the other fast court players.

They're playing on the same surfaces. All is fair. Nadal has the advantage on clay and outdoor hc, and Fed has the advantage indoors. Should they switch up everything so that only benefits Federer?

TMF
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Nadal would run down balls that Agassi never could vs Sampras. So Nadal would be beating Sampras regularly in the 90s. Hewitt gave Sampras fits, and he's a very light/untalented version of Nadal. And Nadal would be out-maneuvering Agassi and beating him too. And Nadal would still be beating Federer in the 90s, on clay more than ever, because that was far slower clay than the clay they have today. On hardcourts, yeah Nadal would love the bouncy rebound ace of Australia, and would beat Federer there everytime. US Open, it would be a toss-up. Nadal, as he's said before, can use his big serve when required, so he would on the ultra-fast US Open 90s court.

Of the 46 total titles that Nadal have won, could you list me the titles that Nadal won on fast surfaces with low bounce? Off the top of my head, he has only 1 indoor which was in 2005 Madrid when he was 2 sets down to Lubicic. Won Dubai in 2006. He never won fast Cinci., never won the Master Cup(now is call WTF).

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM

How can you know that? Fed wasn't winning the big ones when he first came on tour against the other fast court players.

They're playing on the same surfaces. All is fair. Nadal has the advantage on clay and outdoor hc, and Fed has the advantage indoors. Should they switch up everything so that only benefits Federer?

He's hinting more at an evenly balanced set of conditions rather than changing everything up so it's quick.

TMF - the conditions at the WTF's for the last few years have been indoor, but not quick.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 08:37 PM
This supposed mega serve which Nadal simply chooses not to use. Are you not at all surprised that he hasn't brought it out again in full force against Nole in finals, especially considering the success he had against Nole in the 2010 US Open Final. Odd one, that Nadal, eh.:-|

That's quite the conundrum. On one hand when I question Nadal fans about this, they say that Nadal prefers not to serve too fast lest he be caught unprepared for the return (as Nadal has said himself). On the other hand, here is this "objective" Nadal fan telling me that on a faster surface, he'd have no problems using it (where a return of serve would come back even faster than on any surface we have today).

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I believe it's 5-1. But in Federer's best years they met 3 times on outdoor hard, 2-1 to Nadal. Impressive but not conclusive.

True, 5-1.

2004 Miami NADAL 6-3 6-3
2005 Miami FEDERER 2-6 6-7(4) 7-6(5) 6-3 6-1
2006 dubai NADAL 2-6 6-4 6-4
2009 Australia NADAL 7-5 3-6 7-6(3) 3-6 6-2
2011 Miami NADAL 6-3 6-2
2012 Australia NADAL 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Fate Archer
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh, I am so sorry! Didn't know there were other FMA enthusiasts here.

By the way, have you played FFXIII-2 yet?

Haha, it's all good, just kidding there, I have seen enough random episodes on TV to spoil myself great part of the series already. :P
I will certainly download all episodes to watch them more comprehensively sometime.

As for FFXIII-2, no, haven't even touched a copy yet. For some reason I'm not too hurried to play it either (kind of busy with college too).

I think I saw you mentioning you got the game yourself, so how's your experience going? :)

nadalwon2012
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
How about that, Nadal beat 2006 Federer at Dubai. Fast hardcourt.

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Indeed, quite the brainteaser. Nadalwon2010, do you compose problems for any daily newspapers?

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Haha, it's all good, just kidding there, I have seen enough random episodes on TV to spoil myself great part of the series already. :P
I will certainly download all episodes to watch them more comprehensively sometime.

As for FFXIII-2, no, haven't even touched a copy yet. For some reason I'm not too hurried to play it either (kind of busy with college too).

I think I saw you mentioning you got the game yourself, so how's your experience going? :)

Oh, that's a relief!

Yeah, I did get it, but I, too, have been very busy with college lately. But of what I've played so far, it's very good. The Historia Crux is system of travel is fun to use, and the story (believe it or not) is very compelling. I highly recommend it!

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing!

mandy01
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
So? Roger has beaten Nadal four times indoor, including his best years. And Shanghai was actually pretty fast when TMC was played there. The balance still tilts in favour of Roger. Thanks for playing, kid.

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM

My friend Adam (TearTheRoofOff) downloaded all the eps recently and watched the whole series in no time. He also reckons it's a masterpiece. In other words, get on it right now, whadarya waiting for?

TMF
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
No I didn't say that.
I'm just saying Nadal's success owed heavily on the current condition, which is slow and high bounce.
How can you know that? Fed wasn't winning the big ones when he first came on tour against the other fast court players.Fast surface/slow bounce favours Federer, he's better ball striker and his bh is more of a weapon. Nadal is the opposite...he rely on grinding/defense, and is comforatable with high bounce. You forgetting that Fed just broke the record for winning 6 WTF while Nadal hasn't won one. He won more indoors events, and 4 cinci. How many Nadal has won on these fast surfaces?

Nadal's sucess is the product of his environment.
Just like timz said, there's hardly and fast surfaces, and they are only small ones except the WTF.

TMF
03-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Right, but Fed also beat Nadal on clay, even bageled him. Your point?

How many title has Nadal won on fast court/slow bounce? If he's that good on this condition there must be quite a alot since he won 46 total titles.

TMF
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
He's hinting more at an evenly balanced set of conditions rather than changing everything up so it's quick.

TMF - the conditions at the WTF's for the last few years have been indoor, but not quick.

But you notice player like Fed and Tsonga played all court game, s/v, chip and charge, serve was more of a weapon, fh is more lethal. This is the kind of style that Fed would beat everyone, and he proved it by owning the indoor season last year. Notice Davydenko doesn't have a chance against Nadal on clay or slow surface, but on this type of condition, he beat him!

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM

course he could beat him on fast hardcourt, one day he'll probably beat him on inddor hard too. But fast hardcourt would favour Federer more than slow ones. Dubai was a close match, same amount of games overall, same amount of breaks, Federer won 7 more total points (though he also won more points in much slower AO 2009) and overall Federer hit his backhand much better.So a shame they never played more on fast courts cos that match was very good and we might have seen more close matches and a close H2H.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
course he could beat him on fast hardcourt, one day he'll probably beat him on inddor hard too. But fast hardcourt would favour Federer more than slow ones. Dubai was a close match, same amount of games overall, same amount of breaks, Federer won 7 more total points (though he also won more points in much slower AO 2009) and overall Federer hit his backhand much better.So a shame they never played more on fast courts cos that match was very good and we might have seen more close matches and a close H2H.

I don't know about that, unless they play in Rotterdam (where I still think Roger would win). For whatever reason, Nadal simply cannot play properly in that part of the year.

Nathaniel_Near
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
But you notice player like Fed and Tsonga played all court game, s/v, chip and charge, serve was more of a weapon, fh is more lethal. This is the kind of style that Fed would beat everyone, and he proved it by owning the indoor season last year. Notice Davydenko doesn't have a chance against Nadal on clay or slow surface, but on this type of condition, he beat him!

Sure, the indoor conditions allow pure timing to come to the fore and you can be more sure in aggressive tactics. Still, it isn't a fast surface. I'm being a pedant by alluding to the fact you should have addressed both fast and/or low bouncing surfaces and also indoor conditions in your earlier post. No biggie.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Maybe so. I just responded to what he was saying.

Anyway, the notion of separating the surfaces according to what benefits certain players seems futile.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't know about that, unless they play in Rotterdam (where I still think Roger would win). For whatever reason, Nadal simply cannot play properly in that part of the year.

i just feel if Federer keeps on playing for a few more years, Nadal is bound to win one against him at the WTF. Maybe Federer plays like crap, or he's already through and Nadal is on a mission. Or they stick in really high bouncing courts :lol:

It just seems weird to think that Federer could hold an unbeaten record to him on one surface especially as he is getting older and surely if they keep playing indoors every year, one year he's gonna be too old. But maybe not, who knows?

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 09:13 PM
i just feel if Federer keeps on playing for a few more years, Nadal is bound to win one against him at the WTF. Maybe Federer plays like crap, or he's already through and Nadal is on a mission. Or they stick in really high bouncing courts :lol:

It just seems weird to think that Federer could hold an unbeaten record to him on one surface especially as he is getting older and surely if they keep playing indoors every year, one year he's gonna be too old. But maybe not, who knows?

Yeah, it does seem out of place, especially considering that Federer has beaten Nadal on clay (bagelled him, no less). But Roger feels very motivated in that part of the year, like he has to prove something. He seems more willing to fight at the WTF than at Wimbledon nowadays. He just looks more natural on an indoor surface (I play a similar style of tennis as Roger, and I can definitely see why he'd prefer indoor hard to much of anything else against anyone).

TopFH
03-15-2012, 09:15 PM
^Nice sig, TheTruth.

Back on topic, I believe that all players, including Federer, have been aided by the slowing down of surfaces. Some, like Nadal and Djokovic, are players that depend on these surfaces. Federer, on the other hand, would still have been quite successful because he used to play serve-and-volley as "Baby Federer" in Wimbledon 2003.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
^Nice sig, TheTruth.

Back on topic, I believe that all players, including Federer, have been aided by the slowing down of surfaces. Some, like Nadal and Djokovic, are players that depend on these surfaces. Federer, on the other hand, would still have been quite successful because he used to play serve-and-volley as "Baby Federer" in Wimbledon 2003.

True, in fact a guy like Roddick might have won Wimbledon on the old fast grass, he's been more hurt than Federer probably. Federer only got hurt when Nadal started playing well on grass and he could no longer keep up that level. US Open is a bit slower it's only recently he got hurt against Djokovic (Federer always seemed to be too strong for him at the US and Cinci, but who knows, maybe speed has nothing to do with the last couple of losses) but generally Federer can still play on slow surfaces, it's just against Nadal and Djokovic that he is now struggling because they are endless ball retrievers, they are young and they are more prime than him now.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
No I didn't say that.
I'm just saying Nadal's success owed heavily on the current condition, which is slow and high bounce. Fast surface/slow bounce favours Federer, he's better ball striker and his bh is more of a weapon. Nadal is the opposite...he rely on grinding/defense, and is comforatable with high bounce. You forgetting that Fed just broke the record for winning 6 WTF while Nadal hasn't won one. He won more indoors events, and 4 cinci. How many Nadal has won on these fast surfaces?

Nadal's sucess is the product of his environment.
Just like timz said, there's hardly and fast surfaces, and they are only small ones except the WTF.

The surfaces are what they are. They both have to play on them. That was my point. It's not the 90's anymore. The game has moved on. It's just a debate that makes no sense to me. It seems like arguing for wood rackets. Their time has passed too.

I'm not trying to be difficult, it just seems weird to me.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it does seem out of place, especially considering that Federer has beaten Nadal on clay (bagelled him, no less). But Roger feels very motivated in that part of the year, like he has to prove something. He seems more willing to fight at the WTF than at Wimbledon nowadays. He just looks more natural on an indoor surface (I play a similar style of tennis as Roger, and I can definitely see why he'd prefer indoor hard to much of anything else against anyone).

yeah would be nice to keep his unbeaten record vs Nadal indoors, but I am prepared for Nadal to win one. I was at the WTF drubbing last year, prepared for Nadal to finally win and got the nicest surprise to see Federer complete the surface bagel :)

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
yeah would be nice to keep his unbeaten record vs Nadal indoors, but I am prepared for Nadal to win one. I was at the WTF drubbing last year, prepared for Nadal to finally win and got the nicest surprise to see Federer complete the surface bagel :)

I'd love to see him keep this record, too. It reflects who is the more technically sound player. The scoreline from last year's match was completely unexpected. No one could have thought that Federer at age 30 could do that to a 25-year old Nadal. But he was simply brilliant in that match! Shame he hasn't been able to take that confidence past one set in the slams...

Clarky21
03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I'd love to see him keep this record, too. It reflects who is the more technically sound player. The scoreline from last year's match was completely unexpected. No one could have thought that Federer at age 30 could do that to a 25-year old Nadal. But he was simply brilliant in that match! Shame he hasn't been able to take that confidence past one set in the slams...

Fed was great in that match,but Nadal was far,far from his best. I'm not taking anything away from Fed because he is obviously the better player in every way,but had Nadal been in better form I think that match would have been closer than it was.

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
^Nice sig, TheTruth.

I agree. Federer can play on any surface. I just don't see the need to seperate the surfaces.Until they change it, we all just have to make do.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Fed was great in that match,but Nadal was far,far from his best. I'm not taking anything away from Fed because he is obviously the better player in every way,but had Nadal been in better form I think that match would have been closer than it was.

Oh yeah, there's no denying that. I was surprised that he even managed to beat Fish and take a set from Tsonga. Nadal wasn't near his best, but you still need a very good performance from the other guy to do what Federer did to him in that match.

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM

it was like the the french open final from 2008, one player on fire, one player doesn't feel up for it. Only this time it was Nadal who was on the bad end.

Also don't be so hard on Nadal, federer is not a better player in EVERY way. I mean overall I think he's a better player, but Nadal has many qualities any player would love to have.

FlashFlare11
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
it was like the the french open final from 2008, one player on fire, one player doesn't feel up for it. Only this time it was Nadal who was on the bad end.

Also don't be so hard on Nadal, federer is not a better player in EVERY way. I mean overall I think he's a better player, but Nadal has many qualities any player would love to have.

Agree fully. There are some qualities of Nadal that I wish Federer showed (or shows more often).

Towser83
03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Agree fully. There are some qualities of Nadal that I wish Federer showed (or shows more often).

if they could access eachother's talents at anytime, they would be practically impossible to beat by anyone else. Just the range of shots and skill they cover would make for one insanely good player.

TopFH
03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree. Federer can play on any surface. I just don't see the need to seperate the surfaces.Until they change it, we all just have to make do.

You're one of the most rational posters here. And I say this as a huge Federer fan.

dudeski
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM

I am starting to. I want to make sure Nadal has a tough semi so that he has no advantage over Djokovic in the final.

mandy01
03-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Agree fully. There are some qualities of Nadal that I wish Federer showed (or shows more often).Why would you wish that? Just out of curiosity. Their individual qualities make them who they are.
I wouldn't want Roger to change for anything. It would take out all the fun of being a fan of his.

monfed
03-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Why would you wish that? Just out of curiosity. Their individual qualities make them who they are.
I wouldn't want Roger to change for anything. It would take out all the fun of being a fan of his.

I think he wishes Federer doesn't choke when he plays against the Nadal. :lol:

Big_Dangerous
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM

Lmao, okay let's watch what happens tomorrow when Rafa beats Nalby in straight sets.

You are officially the worst troll on this site.

If you jumped off a cliff and died on impact, you'd be doing us all a favor.

dudeski
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Lmao, okay let's watch what happens tomorrow when Rafa beats Nalby in straight sets.

QFT
10clarky21trolls

Rhino
03-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Federer will destroy him.

ctoth666
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
I predict a listless effort from Federer against Del Potro. He's beaten Del Potro twice in a row now, and has nothing to gain or lose by beating him again. He also has mostly defended his semifinal points from 2011. Federer also has the stomach virus as a cop-out. He does not want to play Nadal no matter what he is quoted as saying. Nadal will beat him and he knows it. And we know it. It's transparent. If Nadal somehow were to lose this afternoon, Federer will win tonight, but if and when Nadal gets through Federer will lose. Intentionally? Maybe not. The matchup will be playing on his psyche, and it wouldn't be the first time.

monfed
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
I predict a listless effort from Federer against Del Potro. He's beaten Del Potro twice in a row now, and has nothing to gain or lose by beating him again. He also has mostly defended his semifinal points from 2011. Federer also has the stomach virus as a cop-out. He does not want to play Nadal no matter what he is quoted as saying. Nadal will beat him and he knows it. And we know it. It's transparent. If Nadal somehow were to lose this afternoon, Federer will win tonight, but if and when Nadal gets through Federer will lose. Intentionally? Maybe not. The matchup will be playing on his psyche, and it wouldn't be the first time.

Actually, Ralph plays his QF after Fed, so Fed's got no way of knowing. ;)

TheTruth
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
You're one of the most rational posters here. And I say this as a huge Federer fan.

Thank you. That's sweet of you!

tusharlovesrafa
03-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Thank you. That's sweet of you!
LOL..I was think that you were a guy...

joeri888
03-16-2012, 12:47 AM

You know, only on TW people think like this. Seriously, Fed beats Nadal 1 out of every 3 times, he won 16 slams and trashed Nadal 4 months ago. 3 and 0. I think Roger will most likely lose, but believe he still likes his own chances, and rightly so.

Fate Archer
03-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Oh, that's a relief!

Yeah, I did get it, but I, too, have been very busy with college lately. But of what I've played so far, it's very good. The Historia Crux is system of travel is fun to use, and the story (believe it or not) is very compelling. I highly recommend it!

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing!

That's great to hear. I will try to catch up sometime!!! Loved FFXIII's soundtrack!!! <3

My friend Adam (TearTheRoofOff) downloaded all the eps recently and watched the whole series in no time. He also reckons it's a masterpiece. In other words, get on it right now, whadarya waiting for?

Haha, lazy me, though I wish the notebook I'm using right now would playback video files smoothly... :(
Until I use forbidden magic to resurrect my desktop PC as an hommunculli (power supply burn out and took the stabilizer together with it, don't even know if my video card is functioning) I guess my fragmented search for the legendary philosopher's stone is in a state of alchemical halt. :p

TennisLovaLova
03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Federer delpo at 20:00 GMT

timnz
03-16-2012, 01:32 AM

Add up all the clay plus outdoor hard and compare that total with the number of indoor events. Once you get that total you will agree that its not true at all to say "All is fair"

"So they should only have courts that benefit Federer? ". Actually its als,ost completely the opposite, the courts greatly favour nadal

monfed
03-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Add up all the clay plus outdoor hard and compare that total with the number of indoor events. Once you get that total you will agree that its not true at all to say "All is fair"

"So they should only have courts that benefit Federer? ". Actually its als,ost completely the opposite, the courts greatly favour nadal

Absolutely nailed it.

nadalwon2012
03-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Regarding Fedal, I was concerned that Federer may beat Nadal at the Australian Open, because Nadal was still adjusting to his heavier racquet. Now I'm not concerned about it, quite sure Nadal will continue to rule Federer. And Nadal now had all of February to train with the heavier racquet, so will only get better. Nadal is in the doubles final, by the way.

joeri888
03-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Regarding Fedal, I was concerned that Federer may beat Nadal at the Australian Open, because Nadal was still adjusting to his heavier racquet. Now I'm not concerned about it, quite sure Nadal will continue to rule Federer. And Nadal now had all of February to train with the heavier racquet, so will only get better. Nadal is in the doubles final, by the way.

I agree. Federer stood a chance in the AO. He wasn't that far off either. But there's no reason why he stands more chance now.

Colin
03-16-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm not sure whether I've seen Nadal so at ease on hard courts, and he's well-rested. But I think this is the hard court that works best for him. From performance thus far, it seems like it's his tournament to lose.

All the while, Fed has been playing a lot, he's barely made it out of a couple of early matches, it's been publicized that he's ailing and he's obviously the undergod.

So, wouldn't it be funny with a bit of those role reversals he somehow managed to win, especially if he just ekes out a victory against Delpo?

(I still think it's more likely Fed beats Nadal in a clay tournament than at IW or Miami, though.)

nadalwon2012
03-16-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm not sure whether I've seen Nadal so at ease on hard courts, and he's well-rested. But I think this is the hard court that works best for him. From performance thus far, it seems like it's his tournament to lose.

All the while, Fed has been playing a lot, he's barely made it out of a couple of early matches, it's been publicized that he's ailing and he's obviously the undergod.

So, wouldn't it be funny with a bit of those role reversals he somehow managed to win, especially if he just ekes out a victory against Delpo?

(I still think it's more likely Fed beats Nadal in a clay tournament than at IW or Miami, though.)

True, Nadal loves Indian Wells. He is the only player to make the Indian Wells semis every year for the past 6 years. A chance to make that 7.

rommil
03-16-2012, 04:50 AM
True, Nadal loves Indian Wells. He is the only player to make the Indian Wells semis every year for the past 6 years. A chance to make that 7.

Better yet, Rafa has a chance to make it 8 against Djokovic:)

DjokovicForTheWin
03-16-2012, 05:24 AM

It's funny she's the biggest troll and all she does is accuse others of trolling, what a joke, LOL.

monfed
03-16-2012, 05:37 AM
It's funny she's the biggest troll and all she does is accuse others of trolling, what a joke, LOL.

That is indeed puzzling. :lol:

Emet74
03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Fed had a normal practice on the grounds yesterday for the first time since he got sick; signed lots of autographs, was smiling.

So seems to be physically back on track.

kragster
03-16-2012, 06:16 AM

Have you completely lost it? No matter how annoyed you may be at a poster, this is a disgraceful statement.

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 07:19 AM

Keep showing that maturity of yours. :roll: You should be banned for saying something like this,imo. Too bad I won't be doing you any favors any time soon.

Oh,and welcome to ignore. :)

DjokovicForTheWin
03-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Have you completely lost it? No matter how annoyed you may be at a poster, this is a disgraceful statement.

The irony is that you wouldn't be making this comment if it was directed toward a *******. That's the most disgraceful thing of all.

decades
03-16-2012, 08:45 AM
if Fed wins the first set. He doesn't have to win 2 more, just one more, have you considered that?

people. now this is analysis.

agentaviles
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM

Wow....that's a new low.

Towser83
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM

What? That is just way over the line, wishing death on someone is horrid. Wouldn't even say that about some of the biggest trolls on here like Nadalwon*********whatever..

Crisstti
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Rafa isn't favoured by the surface distribution. Most of it is hc, and Fed is the betetr hc player (indoors is not a different surface either...).

Towser83
03-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Rafa isn't favoured by the surface distribution. Most of it is hc, and Fed is the betetr hc player (indoors is not a different surface either...).

I don't know, certain hardcourts suit Nadal quite a bit, like Indian Wells where he's always done well. Federer overall is a better hardcourter, but against Nadal he really needs to play his best or play on a fast low bouncing hardcourt, because on anything nuetral or slow and low bouncing Nadal just has the game to make Federer's day very difficult. If Federer plays bad and it's on a court that suits nadal, then Federer is gonna get blown away like last year in Miami. If Federer plays well and the court is slower it might be a close one like AO 2009 or Miami 2005. The difference there was in 2005 Federer was the better player and in 2009 it was nadal, but both matches were close.

monfed
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Man,this post is one epic facepalm.

nadalwon2012
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
There is no such thing as a hardcourt that suits Nadal more than Federer. Federer is the 2nd or 3rd greatest hardcourt player in history. Nadal beat 2006 Federer at the fast hardcourt DUBAI. Nadal is just too good, regardless.

kragster
03-16-2012, 12:42 PM

Wait are we talking against the field or against each other?

Against the field Fed is a better player no matter what type of hardcourt. I think 4 AO's to 1 AO essentially shows that against the field Fed is better even on slow HC. Against each other, slow HC is definitely in Rafa's wheelhouse, the H2H is 4-1 on slow HC I believe.

For Rafa vs Fed, Clay >Slow HC>Grass> Fast HC
For Rafa vs field Clay > Grass > Slow HC > Fast HC

For Fed vs Rafa

Fast HC > Grass > Slow HC > Clay

For Fed vs field

Fast HC = Grass > Clay > Slow HC

Crisstti
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Man,this post is one epic facepalm.

Because Rafa is a better hc player, you say?.

Crisstti
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Wait are we talking against the field or against each other?

Against the field Fed is a better player no matter what type of hardcourt. I think 4 AO's to 1 AO essentially shows that against the field Fed is better even on slow HC. Against each other, slow HC is definitely in Rafa's wheelhouse, the H2H is 4-1 on slow HC I believe.

For Rafa vs Fed, Clay >Slow HC>Grass> Fast HC
For Rafa vs field Clay > Grass > Slow HC > Fast HC

For Fed vs Rafa

Fast HC > Grass > Slow HC > Clay

For Fed vs field

Fast HC = Grass > Clay > Slow HC

Mainly against the field.

sureshs
03-16-2012, 02:48 PM
He is gonna get the usual beating from Nadal.

Gorecki
03-16-2012, 03:06 PM
if i was a Nadalate i would worry first with going thru Mr. Bife Chorizo...

joeri888
03-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Clarky is one of the most annoying posters to me, but wishing death on someone, really?? Imagine how you'd feel if Clarky truly committed suicide after that Big_Dangerous. Hope you wouldnt feel to happy.

Gorecki
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Big Dangerous : this forum is no place for that kind of language.

Juan Ma Del Pony
03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
BRING. IT. ON.

Nadal will exact revenge on ******** tomorrow, and it will be sweet. Mwahahahahahahhahaa!!!!

Sentinel
03-16-2012, 07:18 PM

Hey dude, you could learn some tolerance. Or put her on ignore.

I actually find Clarky quite amusing (even if all her threads follow the same one pattern), lol.

And before i forget:

Nadal on schedule for another Joker drubbing ....

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Am I the only person that actually likes Clarky? Yeah, I don't agree with her most of the time, but she has some pretty insightful views on tennis and the players. It's pretty evident that she loves the game.

At least she knows how to play the game and it's intricacies, unlike others who have no comprehension of tennis mechanics.

Towser83
03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Clarky

good points

Can recognise flaws in her favourite player
Can recognise good things about rival players (ie Federer)

bad points

Goes well over the top about Nadal facing defeat in every match
Goes way over the top on the djokovic hate, and contradicts herself on whether he is a weakling who had to dope, or a superman who fakes injury because he cannot ever be injured

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Clarky

good points

bad points

Goes way over the top on the djokovic hate, and contradicts herself on whether he is a weakling who had to dope, or a superman who fakes injury because he cannot ever be injured

I agree. I generally like posters and people who love tennis. Clarky, MichaelNadal, Mustard, and a few other Nadal fans really love tennis, and that's easy to tell. Many of our fellow Federer fans love tennis as well. But a lot of people here don't actually like tennis, they just like the player and want to see them win, regardless of the medium. It's pretty apparent in their posts.

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Clarky

good points

bad points

I do? It's no secret I don't like him,but I hardly spend time in his match threads and such bashing him. Unless you find my harmless nicknames to be bashing,which is silly since to me it's all in good fun. I have also complimented him plenty,and have given him credit for being a great player. Shoot,I bash my favorite a heck of a lot more than I do Djesus.

MichaelNadal
03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I do? It's no secret I don't like him,but I hardly spend time in his match threads and such bashing him. Unless you find my harmless nicknames to be bashing,which is silly since to me it's all in good fun. I have also complimented him plenty,and have given him credit for being a great player.

Yep, I wouldn't say ur a basher at all, you tell it like it is. (as far as Novak)

abmk
03-16-2012, 08:09 PM
BRING. IT. ON.

Nadal will exact revenge on ******** tomorrow, and it will be sweet. Mwahahahahahahhahaa!!!!

revenge ? umm ? Strange definition !

abmk
03-16-2012, 08:11 PM
There is no such thing as a hardcourt that suits Nadal more than Federer. Federer is the 2nd or 3rd greatest hardcourt player in history. Nadal beat 2006 Federer at the fast hardcourt DUBAI. Nadal is just too good, regardless.

yes, and the same time Nadal was getting beatdowns from Blake, Berdych etc who were getting beaten regularly by fed ..... Shows that win was either a fluke or just due to matchup problem or just a choke from fed .....:)

Oh and federer is the greatest hardcourt player in history and Dubai was medium-fast, not fast in 2006

TTMR
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Clarky

good points

bad points

Still no real evidence that Clarky is, in fact, female. I think that is just an affectation as part of this troll's parody of a "typical" Nadal fan: paranoid and jealous teenage girl. I'll never forget the fact that he/she knew Nadal would never get past Lacko at the Australian Open.

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Still no real evidence that Clarky is, in fact, female. I think that is just an affectation as part of this troll's parody of a "typical" Nadal fan: paranoid and jealous teenage girl. I'll never forget the fact that he/she knew Nadal would never get past Lacko at the Australian Open.

Well, there's nothing to prove otherwise, either. I mean, we can't assume that every poster here is male.

TTMR
03-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I do? It's no secret I don't like him,but I hardly spend time in his match threads and such bashing him. Unless you find my harmless nicknames to be bashing,which is silly since to me it's all in good fun. I have also complimented him plenty,and have given him credit for being a great player. Shoot,I bash my favorite a heck of a lot more than I do Djesus.

Yes, if you count complimenting his chemists and egg chamber suppliers as giving him credit for being a great player, because that is the extent of your praise.

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 08:15 PM

Well,there's no real evidence that you are in fact male. Should we start to refer to you as an "it" since we can't be too certain,you know. :roll:

And I AM FEMALE. Some of you really need to get off this train about this subject. It's starting to get very bizarre at this point.

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Well,there's no real evidence that you are in fact male. Should we start to refer to you as an "it" since we can't be too certain,you know. :roll:

And I AM FEMALE. Some of you really need to get off this train about this subject. It's starting to get very bizarre at this point.

Yeah, I don't understand why it matters of what gender you or any other poster are. If we're all tennis fans here, then it really makes no difference. Bulz1lla, for whatever reason, was particularly perplexed that a female would be posting here AND actually know something about tennis.

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes, if you count complimenting his chemists and egg chamber suppliers as giving him credit for being a great player, because that is the extent of your praise.

Sure it is,It. I have said that I believe all of the top players are taking something,not just Djesus. Just like several other people here believe the same thing. And I have given Djesus plently of praise on here. Shall I send him flowers and gluten-free candy in oder to make you happy?

TTMR
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Sure it is,It. I have said that I believe all of the top players are taking something,not just Djesus. Just like several other people here believe the same thing. And I have given Djesus plently of praise on here. Shall I send him flowers and gluten-free candy in oder to make you happy?

Both he and I would appreciate it.

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why it matters of what gender you or any other poster are. If we're all tennis fans here, then it really makes no difference. Bulz1lla, for whatever reason, was particularly perplexed that a female would be posting here AND actually know something about tennis.

Yeah,and I do not get the obsession with my gender on here from some people. I have said I am female because I am. Why would I go to the trouble of lying about something so mundane and irrelevant on a tennis forum? All it is an ad hominem attack on me. Nothing more nothing less.

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
LOL..I was think that you were a guy...

Ha ha ha. People always think that. I'm used to it. One poster explained why, but it was a long time ago and I've forgotten.

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM

I don't agree with this position because the courts are the same and have been since 2001 or 2002. They didn't suddenly get slow as Federer is aging. And, regardless of how many tournaments are on a particular surface, a player can only play a certain amount of tournaments per year anyway.

It seems to me, since I've been on this board, that whenever Nadal has won a certain event the surface immediately became slow. He couldn't win on grass because it was too fast. He couldn't win on hard courts, because they were also too fast. Then, when we did, those fast courts immediately became "slow."

However, when he burst on the scene the courts were always considered "fast." Now, shockingly, the powers to be have conspired to slow all of the surfaces down to indirectly benefit Nadal.

That would never happen.

TheTruth
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM

Everyone knows there are more hardcourt events than any other surface.

mandy01
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't agree with this position because the courts are the same and have been since 2001 or 2002. They didn't suddenly get slow as Federer is aging. And, regardless of how many tournaments are on a particular surface, a player can only play a certain amount of tournaments per year anyway.

Uhm..No. AO was changed to plexiscushion in 2008. USO was considerably slower last year due to the change in balls, it was also slowed down in 2006 when Roger first complained about it, same with FO which was slightly faster due the balls used. Wimbledon? Well, it's certainly slower but whether or not it has been slowed down after 2002, I'm not sure.
Either way, while Roger may be an all-surface player, slower, high bouncing surfaces clearly put him at a disadvantage against Nadal.
It seems you actually bought the BS Jacksonbile spouts

MichaelNadal
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah,and I do not get the obsession with my gender on here from some people. I have said I am female because I am. Why would I go to the trouble of lying about something so mundane and irrelevant on a tennis forum? All it is an ad hominem attack on me. Nothing more nothing less.

You're aggressive for a girl lol, that's what throws people off.

tennisfan244
03-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Apparently Rafa said this in his presser when asked about the slow conditions at IW.

Rafa on Fed saying courts too slow:“Maybe next year they’ll be much faster, if Roger says, no? I have already this week a lot of time violations.”
http://twitter.com/#!/SI_BTBaseline

Clarky21
03-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Could be,but it's still bizarre how some people are obsessed with the topic of my gender. Believe me,I am 100% female. Born that way and everything. Lol.

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Apparently Rafa said this in his presser when asked about the slow conditions at IW.

Have Federer and Nadal grown apart? They seem more willing to verbally go at each other more frequently.

Nathaniel_Near
03-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Indeed, that would seem to be the case.

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Indeed, that would seem to be the case.

I suppose it's not terribly surprising. But, I'd hate for there to be so much tension at the top of the game outside the court.

sdfedfans
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM

How is it Fed's fault if Rafa get's time violations? IMO that wasn't a very classy thing to say. I hope this is just the media twisting his words to make him look bad and he doesn't actually believe this.

Fedal bromance :(

FlashFlare11
03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
How is it Fed's fault if Rafa get's time violations? IMO that wasn't a very classy thing to say. I hope this is just the media twisting his words to make him look bad and he doesn't actually believe this.

Fedal bromance :(

Is he talking about court conditions or the time taken between points?

Rhino
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Federer will take this one. It's a confidence thing.

Rafa doubts himself out there. He almost choked away a 5-2 lead in that 3rd set against Nalby.
Roger's confidence has grown since the AO after winning back-to-back hardcourt events and destroying Murray outdoors in Dubai.

stringertom
03-16-2012, 10:38 PM

This, plus your user name is similar to SuperMAN's altar ego.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 12:55 AM

Rafa doubts himself out there. He almost choked away a 5-2 lead in that 3rd set against Nalby.
Roger's confidence has grown since the AO after winning back-to-back hardcourt events and destroying Murray outdoors in Dubai.

Nah, this is all Nadal. Djokovic will drive Nadal to victory. As for losing his serve to Nalbandian. No shame in that.

Evan77
03-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Nah, this is all Nadal. Djokovic will drive Nadal to victory. As for losing his serve to Nalbandian. No shame in that.
and how the hell is Djokovic is going to drive Nadal to victory, lol. you don't know what you are talking about. just another silly ********. wake up and smell the coffee man.

Gorecki
03-17-2012, 08:50 AM

i agree with this. Clarky is a well put up masquerade by one of those dumarse Nadal fans. probably just another of Davey 25 's acounts.

Clarky21
03-17-2012, 09:11 AM
i agree with this. Clarky is a well put up masquerade by one of those dumarse Nadal fans. probably just another of Davey 25 's acounts.

Wrong again. Lord,you people are some of most paranoid folks I have ever seen. I have one account and have always only had one account. I don't even know who Davey 25 is. Keep em' coming,though. I need a good laugh and this place never fails to deliver. :lol:

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Wrong again. Lord,you people are some of most paranoid folks I have ever seen. I have one account and have always only had one account. I don't even know who Davey 25 is. Keep em' coming,though. I need a good laugh and this place never fails to deliver. :lol:

Apparently, that's NadalAgassi.

Nathaniel_Near
03-17-2012, 09:30 AM
To be honest I just assumed NadalAgassi was Davey25.

Nathaniel_Near
03-17-2012, 09:30 AM

To be honest I just assumed NadalAgassi was Davey25.

Eerie telepathy going on here. Freakaayyy.

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Eerie telepathy going on here. Freakaayyy.

Hahahaha you know what they say about great minds...

Clarky21
03-17-2012, 09:33 AM

Really? I know who NadalAgassi is but I haven't seen him on here for a while. Did he get banned or something?

Clarky21
03-17-2012, 09:35 AM
indeed. I have had some good laughs here. do you remember that one time when some idiot Nadal fan said he was going to lose to Lucas Lacko... oh... wait... that was you!!!!

dumarse!!!

Takes one to know one,doesn't it?

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Really? I know who NadalAgassi is but I haven't seen him on here for a while. Did he get banned or something?

Now that you mention it, I haven't either. I don't know what happened to him. But, according to many others who've been here longer than myself, Davey25 is NadalAgassi's previous username.

Gorecki
03-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Takes one to know one,doesn't it?

i dont know Nostradamos... i dont make that kind of predictions!!!

Polaris
03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Now that you mention it, I haven't either. I don't know what happened to him. But, according to many others who've been here longer than myself, Davey25 is NadalAgassi's previous username.

To be precise, davey25 was one of NadalAgassi's many previous usernames. Some of these usernames were simultaneously active. He has gone through more than a dozen usernames, which is a conservative estimate.

The funny (or infuriating) thing about him is that he creates a new username and then proceeds to trash the opinions that he himself had expressed with his previous usernames.

Clarky21
03-17-2012, 09:41 AM
i dont know Nostradamos... i dont make that kind of predictions!!!

That made no sense whatsoever,but nice try. :lol:

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 09:43 AM
To be precise, davey25 was one of NadalAgassi's many previous usernames. Some of these usernames were simultaneously active. He has gone through more than a dozen usernames, which is a conservative estimate.

Oh, thank you for the clarification. To be honest, I'm not surprised.

Where is NadalAgassi, by the way?

jackson vile
03-17-2012, 10:14 AM
He was so sick, so old, and had such a tough draw that he almost didn't make it through Delpo LOL :)

Nathaniel_Near
03-17-2012, 10:34 AM

The funny (or infuriating) thing about him is that he creates a new username and then proceeds to trash the opinions that he himself had expressed with his previous usernames.

Yep, all true. I found it intriguing though rather than funny or infuriating.

Rhino
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Interesting how their opinions differ:

Federer: “Just the slowness of the courts helps his play,” he said. “He has such great movement that obviously this is a court that works well for him.”

Nadal: “The ball flies quick here,” he said. “The ball is fast, my opinion, and the surface is normal, not quicker than the rest, not slower than the rest.”

tennis_pro
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Interesting how their opinions differ:

Federer: “Just the slowness of the courts helps his play,” he said. “He has such great movement that obviously this is a court that works well for him.”

Nadal: “The ball flies quick here,” he said. “The ball is fast, my opinion, and the surface is normal, not quicker than the rest, not slower than the rest.”

This is what Nadal actually thought: "this is a hard court so must be fast, no? Roger es el favorito."

Atherton2003
03-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Fed is ready - he drank his prune juice, took his metamucil, put in his polident, his depends, and he's all set.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 04:23 PM
This is what Nadal actually thought: "this is a hard court so must be fast, no? Roger es el favorito."

I already saw you post this.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 04:24 PM

Your post will sure be put to the test today :lol:

lim
03-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Rogi GOATing right now.:shock:

Nathaniel_Near
03-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Sometimes collective voices of arrogance and disrespect need to be put in their place, huh.

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Sometimes collective voices of arrogance and disrespect need to be put in their place, huh.

nadalwon2012 just got PWNED!

Nathaniel_Near
03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
nadalwon2012 just got PWNED!

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/md/tff_black_swan_press_140910/winona_ryder_5542252.jpg

Clarky21
03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Where's Veroniquem? I just wanted tell her I told you so. Lol.

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Federer can't beat Nadal in a Masters event, on an outdoor court, in the wind, at the net...

Rhino
03-17-2012, 06:14 PM

Never in doubt.

TJfederer16
03-17-2012, 06:15 PM
wow unbelievable performance from Roger, got a little nervy towards the end but closed it out with nice ace, such drama the program got interrupted by some glitch at 5-4 30-30 on skysports can you believe, then the rain started to come down a little on mp, just unreal, so great to see Fed close out the match, put all those doubters to bed once again, into double figures on the h2h which is also a good bonus.

Atherton2003
03-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Nadal could not have beaten Isner or Djokovic playing this type of tennis. In normal conditions, he can always beat Fed.

The Bawss
03-17-2012, 06:27 PM
wow unbelievable performance from Roger, got a little nervy towards the end but closed it out with nice ace, such drama the program got interrupted by some glitch at 5-4 30-30 on skysports can you believe, then the rain started to come down a little on mp, just unreal, so great to see Fed close out the match, put all those doubters to bed once again, into double figures on the h2h which is also a good bonus.

I went absolutely mental when sky lost the feed. I'm just glad there was a rain delay after so I could see Fed ace Nads for the match. Sweet stuff from the GOAT.

rommil
03-17-2012, 06:28 PM

Well hello there Nadalwont2012...... How are you
doing this fine night? Rafa is actually doing better at Indian Wells this year by not being beaten again by Djokovic:)

Bjorn99
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know why I went 12,500 dollars all on Federer? Like I said EARLIER??? Bet not.

li0scc0
03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Nadal could not have beaten Isner or Djokovic playing this type of tennis. In normal conditions, he can always beat Fed.

Like indoors? Oh, wait...

The-Champ
03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Where's Veroniquem? I just wanted tell her I told you so. Lol.

you got it right this time clarky :D

tennis_pro
03-17-2012, 07:10 PM

Is this a good time to make another account?

VOLLEY KING
03-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Give the OP a break.

It was merely a typo . Probably using an iPhone like me

He meant ......

"Federer on schedule for another Isner drubbing " :-)

rommil
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM

I already told him that but he said he doesnt know how:)

drakulie
03-17-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

sureshs
03-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Nadal must have been injured

neesun
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
I love it when people write off Federer and then he proves them wrong.

GOAT.

tennis_pro
03-17-2012, 08:06 PM
I already told him that but he said he doesnt know how:)

Maybe all the names he wanted to use are taken? All that's left is Djokovicwon2017

kishnabe
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM

He will go on a temporary absence and switch to ********* 2.0!

Towser83
03-17-2012, 08:46 PM
He will go on a temporary absence and switch to ********* 2.0!

hahaa yeah most likely

sbengte
03-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Since nadalwon2012 is not here due to unforeseen reasons, I can try and guess his line of thought and what he might say on return:

"Nadal still leads the H2H 18-10 against Fed and is 6-2 in the slams where it matters. It is kind of boring for Rafa to keep stacking wins against Fed as he has already sealed his legacy in his H2H vs Fed and an additional victory over Fed at this point hardly means anything. What now matters is how Rafa extends his H2H lead vs Djoker. Djoker has already lost more points than Rafa this year while Rafa gained big time at AO , and if the trend continues, Rafa will overtake him before RG. It was a good run for Rafa considering it is < 3 months of practicing with his heavier racquet. Wait and watch until he meets Djoker again"

FlashFlare11
03-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Since nadalwon2012 is not here due to unforeseen reasons, I can try and guess his line of thought and what he might say on return:

"Nadal still leads the H2H 18-10 against Fed and is 6-2 in the slams where it matters. It is kind of boring for Rafa to keep stacking wins against Fed as he has already sealed his legacy in his H2H vs Fed and an additional victory over Fed at this point hardly means anything. What now matters is how Rafa extends his H2H lead vs Djoker. Djoker has already lost more points than Rafa this year while Rafa gained big time at AO , and if the trend continues, Rafa will overtake him before RG. It was a good run for Rafa considering it is < 3 months of practicing with his heavier racquet. Wait and watch until he meets Djoker again"

Hahahaha this is quite good! Hmmm, in fact, a bit too good...

Towser83
03-17-2012, 08:49 PM

i was just going tosay he will be back with some crap about Nadal not wanting to win because he couldn't extend his H2H vs Djokovic to 17-14 :lol: