PDA

View Full Version : Lighter Donnay --> Head Pro Stock ?

tball
03-15-2012, 06:40 PM
This is probably a shot in the dark, but here it is: Is there anybody here who played with both the new Donnays and the Head Pro Stock?

Specifically, I wonder if taking one of lighter Donnays and customizing it would produce results close to Head Pro Stock? Or will it just produce a heavier Donnay?

Even more specifically, is there a lighter Donnay which can be morphed into the IG Prestige MP?

Fuji
03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I've played with a few Head Prostocks and they are very nice frames, and they are very light by design.

As for the Donnays, they are a totally different beast. You'd need to get something in the 10oz range and have a lot of silicone and lead tape to mod them up to something playable if you wanted to even emulate a prostock style feel. The beam width is going to be a problem in emulating feel. Also the stiffness needs to be watched. Depending on what prostock you have or are trying to match, the stiffness rating would need to be near identical to reproduce the same feel.

-Fuji

Sreeram
03-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Guys this is exact question that is in my mind. I am currently playing with Gold 99. I love the feel and mobility of racquet. I am also playing it stock and found it decent for my strokes. I have not played with a pro stock frame but would love to play one. I want to know how is Donnay feel diff from pro stock? I know it is tough to compare feel but for me Donnay is like going into new world, the racquet is plays like crisp but with awesome feel.

courtking
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
if u can find the old Donnay Pro One MP either limited or international version.. pure graphite.. it plays almost like a PT57A.. light powerful and stable..

BobFL
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Donnay racquet are NOTHING like head pro stock racquets.