PDA

View Full Version : Any difference between the Head Prestige Pro Youtek and IG version?

christo
03-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I really like the new IG version but I can get the older Youtek version (black CAP grommets) much cheaper. Are there any differences?:confused:

Xizel
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
YT swings heavier with more plowthrough. Honestly though, all of the recent sticks have watered down swingweight for some reason (IG).

Bartelby
03-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Aside from the vagaries of weight and swingweight, the ig makes the racquet play softer.

Bobo96
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I am wondering the same thing???

Shangri La
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
I owned the MG version, playtested the YT, and now am going to buy an IG. Compared to the MG, YT played more crisp, more solid and a bit more powerful. Otherwise the 2 played pretty similar and overall control/spin are close. But the IG is a totally different racquet altogether. It plays a lot more precise with mega plowthrough and hits a heavier ball. Ball feel is more muted. You feel very comfortable swinging all out. You will feel you're playing with a different racquet (rather than just a ball feel difference like the MG/YT). On the downside the IG is less maneuverable. YMMV.

Bobo96
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm a 5.0 junior I use the ytpp. Money is tight so not sure if it's worth it to invest in the IG.

Torres
03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
The IG is more muted feeling. It feels softer initially, particularly on impact, and doesn't have the brassiness of the Youtek but I suspect its underlying stiffness is similar. It's like hitting someone on the head with an iron pole, and then hitting them on the head with an iron pole coated with a rubber sleeve. At the end of the day its still an iron pole. SW of the IG seems slightly lower.

wao
03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
The IG is more muted feeling. It feels softer initially, particularly on impact, and doesn't have the brassiness of the Youtek but I suspect its underlying stiffness is similar. It's like hitting someone on the head with an iron pole, and then hitting them on the head with an iron pole coated with a rubber sleeve. At the end of the day its still an iron pole. SW of the IG seems slightly lower.I have to agree 100% on the comparison. I am struggeling dialing in the strings and tension.

rallyguy
04-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Actually the older version is still available in some places at $20 more than the new one. Looks like a re-release or something or maybe some demand as folks weren't loving something about the IG. I do like the YT version better myself mostly for its maneuverability.