PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever strung this?

zapvor
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
First time today stringing up a Prince TT Grande. i started with a set of TNT2 and after doing the mains i got the feeling i wont have enough string left. so i went ahead and measured the Xs. turns out i was right!!! i needed close to 2 lengths of X to finish the job. even with the 7-8inch slack from the mains i dont think i could make it. ended up having to use my own reel of string to do the job. never ran into this before. haha. i also had a tough time with the first X because i had to use 2 adapters at the Head to allow the mounting point to tighten the frame.

SoBad
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Give yourself some margin before you cut - strings are cheap. Also, I would not associate with individuals who play with O-port racquets - they don't have personality and can cause trouble in many ways.

zapvor
03-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Give yourself some margin before you cut - strings are cheap. Also, I would not associate with individuals who play with O-port racquets - they don't have personality and can cause trouble in many ways.

you dont string much i see, so bad.

SoBad
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
No good deed goes unpunished indeed. You search your soul to find the wisdom to offer to the friends and public on stringing and life, and all you get in return is scorn and resolute lack of gratitude. You go ahead and mind your inches of cheap poly and drink your budweiser with your o-port pals, just don’t ever say that you didn’t know because no one ever told you. Yes.

zapvor
03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
lol classic sobad

SoBad
03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
This is exactly why Kournikova is a legend and Korolev is not (yet).

zapvor
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
huh???? i dont get it

SoBad
03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
There are people out there (although I don't know any of them personally) who would claim that Kournikova went after quality (Yonex) while Korolev focused on endorsement money (Prince).

Irvin
03-16-2012, 03:09 AM
First time today stringing up a Prince TT Grande. i started with a set of TNT2 and after doing the mains i got the feeling i wont have enough string left. so i went ahead and measured the Xs. turns out i was right!!! i needed close to 2 lengths of X to finish the job. even with the 7-8inch slack from the mains i dont think i could make it. ended up having to use my own reel of string to do the job. never ran into this before. haha. i also had a tough time with the first X because i had to use 2 adapters at the Head to allow the mounting point to tighten the frame.

130" rackets do require a little more careful measurements than the 90" rackets. If I were stringing a racket that large I would warn those who brought there own string first. I would also string that racket one piece, but always top to bottom ATW if necessary. Measure your short side by putting the string in and tight with no tension and allow 6" (or less if you have a starting clamp) tail outside the frame. The TNT2 stretch will give you enough string to tension and tie off.

esgee48
03-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Yep, Prince says 22' for mains and 20' for crosses. It's on their web site. I string a lady's Prince TT RIP and 40' is enough, but it's only a 115. Another lady uses a Gamma Big Bubba, which takes a lot more than 40'. :evil:

Steve Huff
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I've done several of them, and you can do it with 40' (maybe not poly or kevlar) if you string it 1 piece. I use an ATW pattern. I normally string the top 3 crosses with the short side. If I measure wrong and have too much string on the short side, I may have to string the top 4. But, it can be done.

zapvor
03-16-2012, 10:06 PM
thanks for the input. i just did it 2 pc. no starting clamp here. it was a pain !

Irvin
03-17-2012, 02:52 AM
If you don't want to do 1 piece string it with a short and long side and tie off outside mains as usual. Cut the tail off the long side and use a starting knot to start your crosses. That is the best way to manage waste.

zapvor
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
the way i measure from a reel usually is by pulling string over the actual frame itself. i dont like the stretch arms length method as much

SoBad
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
You should set up like a standard 40ft measurement thing in your flat, like from shower bar to wherever.

zapvor
03-17-2012, 10:22 PM
You should set up like a standard 40ft measurement thing in your flat, like from shower bar to wherever.

lol. i already do. its from the toilet seat to sandwich maker

SoBad
03-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Why would you wrap your 40ft strings around a toilet seat as opposed to a shower bar? What kind of a person would do something like that?

zapvor
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Why would you wrap your 40ft strings around a toilet seat as opposed to a shower bar? What kind of a person would do something like that?

LOL because toilet seats are sexy. shower bar isnt. besides i dont take showers

SoBad
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Bathtubs serve as an important and elegant element of a home interior.

zapvor
03-17-2012, 10:50 PM
ok i am done for today

SoBad
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Just remember to always cut at an angle - you never know what the next hole will look like.