PDA

View Full Version : Possible new rackets after injury?

thomas_kim
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Hey everyone, I'm a freshman in highschool and I play with the BLXPS90, but I recently injured my shoulder and I'm not too sure whether or not I could continue playing with that racket. Do you guys have any suggestions on some lighter rackets that are still powerful and control oriented like the BLXPS90?

Muppet
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Here's one to consider:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_100_1Hundred/descpageRCDUNLOP-D4D1.html

You may want to up the swingweight with lead tape.

SystemicAnomaly
03-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I would not go too much lower than a strung weight of 11 oz or SW of 315 (strung). A racket that is too light will not be good for your shoulder -- too much shock delivered to the arm from the ball impact.

One of the ProKennex with the Kinetic technology might be good for your arm. Ditto for the Volkl V1 Classic. The Prince O3 Hybrid Shark (midplus) might be a good choice (and TW has it for a mere $75).

thomas_kim
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I would not go too much lower than a strung weight of 11 oz or SW of 315 (strung). A racket that is too light will not be good for your shoulder -- too much shock delivered to the arm from the ball impact.

One of the ProKennex with the Kinetic technology might be good for your arm. Ditto for the Volkl V1 Classic. The Prince O3 Hybrid Shark (midplus) might be a good choice (and TW has it for a mere $75).

^Do you have any dunlop/head choices? Those are the two other racket brands that I have been very fond to....I am a little biased when it comes to my rackets :)

greystar403
03-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Here's one to consider:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_100_1Hundred/descpageRCDUNLOP-D4D1.html

You may want to up the swingweight with lead tape.

AWWW YEAH!

thomas_kim
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
AWWW YEAH!

heh, you seem like a fan of the 100 4D. Could you tell me a little bit about the racket compared to something like the Kblade tour or BLXPS90? And maybe give me some customizing tips? :)

T-ennis 888
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Try the Prince Exo3 Graphite 93 which is very cheap in some places at the moment.

I usually play with a K90 which is a predecessor of your racquet and have no problems adjusting to the weight and balance of the Prince racquet. Its very, very arm friendly too, even with tougher strings. Give it a go you wont be disappointed!

scotus
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a freshman in highschool and I play with the BLXPS90, but I recently injured my shoulder and I'm not too sure whether or not I could continue playing with that racket. Do you guys have any suggestions on some lighter rackets that are still powerful and control oriented like the BLXPS90?

For the midsize, check out Boris Becker London Tour and Pacific X Feel Pro 90 Vacuum.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Boris_Becker_Delta_Core_London_Tour/descpageRCVOLKL-BBDCLT.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Pacific_X_Feel_Pro_90_Vacuum/descpageRCPACIFIC-PXFLP.html

Out of these two, I would recommend the Becker, because with an injured shoulder, you don't want the racquet to be too heavy.

sunof tennis
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
^Do you have any dunlop/head choices? Those are the two other racket brands that I have been very fond to....I am a little biased when it comes to my rackets :)

The Prestige MP might work for you. Almost universally liked. It is lighter than the Pro Staff 90, but definitely still a player's racquet. It is also fairly fexible so that should be easier on your arm.

SystemicAnomaly
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Sorry, do not have much experience with the Dunlop rackets. I demo'd a few Dunlop and Head rackets last Summer and Fall but did not find any that really suited my needs = my ailing shoulder. Did not get a chance to try any ProKennex frames last year (but I had tried it a few years back before the shoulder got really bad).

Of the dozen and a half racquets that I tried last year the Volkl V1 Classic and the Prince Hybrid Shark were my overwhelming favorites. I found with that with the Shark, a softer string at a lower tension seemed to help even more. Stay away from polyester strings for your shoulder's sake.

I was using some light Head Titanium rackets some 8 or so years ago. I did not realize it for 2-3 years, but those light rackets were responsible for re-injuring my shoulder (old rotator injury from volleyball some 20 yrs ago). The newer, heavier MicroGel or Youtek frames are probably better than those light titanium ones.

Altho' it has a very low SW, the Dunlop suggested by Muppet (above) might be ok -- esp if you add a bit of lead to it.