PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3 Running AO Promos...

TimothyO
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
...during BNP Paribas Open.

I know ESPN3's management is in chaos but this is getting to be amateur hour. Maybe they've turned over operations to a local community college video production department!

:)

jokinla
03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
ESPN could care less,it's March madness, I'm shocked they actually devoted two hours today to tennis. Even when it's Wimbledon, and essentially all other pros sports, other than baseball, are over, they still tape delay matches, they don't care.

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-16-2012, 11:01 PM
You just noticed this? ESPN has been using the same promo for the US Open ever since they took over from USA network.

The same, stupid, annoying photoshoot on that giant ladder. Or the same photoshoot where the players sit on that one stool, and they play around with tennis balls.

cork_screw
03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
That would be funny if they ran AO promos from 2011. Yeah, the sports center anchors can't even pronounce most of the common names in the top 10. They still say "jock-o-vich" and "ber-dee-ch"

And whenever they show any tennis highlights it seems very limited. Seems like all those jocks care about is their generic baseball, basketball and football. All the anchors seem like dumb ex-jocks anyways. I would love to see soccer/football, hockey and boxing, but sport center is very skewed, sorry just venting a bit on ESPN as a whole.