PDA

View Full Version : Need shoe suggestions!

Duffclown65
05-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Hello, I recently just wore out some shoes (have holes in the ends of both of them. :lol: ) and am looking for a durable pair that could at least last a year. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was looking at the Adidas Barricades. I was curious if I should get the Barricade 3's or 2's? I'm leaning towards the 2's since they are $25 cheaper.

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Hawaii 5.0
05-02-2004, 11:47 PM
First off you shouldn't be wearing shoes for a year.The EVA(which all shoes have) decomposes and goes dead like racquets,and although they may look good to sight the cushioning doesn't rebound as well or consistently as it once did.Now shoes that have other cushioning systems like DST,SBS Absorb,Zoom Air,Max Air will lengthen the life of the shoe since the EVA doesn't do all the work.Unforseen longterm affects may happen when you wear shoes too long.If you want sheer durability go with the Net Game Speeds, but again you should really swap shoes at least every 6-8 months,you'll thank yourself as soon as you get the new pair seeing how bad the cushioning had gotten on the older pair.

LittleMAC
05-03-2004, 03:50 AM
I agree with Hawaii, it's amazing how much difference there is in cushioning and how little old shoes absorb. The adidas barricade II's are awesome, maybe give them a try. They are in my three shoes for sure. The Fila's seem bulkey, but nevertheless, a durable and good fitting shoe.

Duffclown65
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look for some Barricades to see if it's available near me. :)

drakulie
05-06-2004, 04:24 AM
wilson crossfires are very long-lasting, and farily comfortable. Good ankle support and come with a 6 month warranty (or is it a year?)

Duffclown65
05-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, just ordered some Barricades 2's.

I tried them on at a local tennis shop and thought the Barricade 2's were a little more comfortable, liked how they weighed less, and felt slightly more comfortable.

The only question I have is if you get used to the thick sole on it? That was one of the first things I noticed, but the shoe was comfortable, but only that seemed to be my only inquiry.

Thanks.

pchoi04
05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I have Barricade 2's and I haven't had any problems with it. Great shoe!

K!ck5w3rvE
05-22-2004, 03:12 AM
yeah Barricades are supposedly very durable and a great shoe

TennsDog
05-22-2004, 05:25 PM
They don't have great durability, but good enough...the Reebok Figjams. They lasted me an entire varsity high school tennis season. I went through the first layer of outsole (saw red color underneath grey), but this didn't affect traction at all. I can easily say that these are the best shoes I have ever worn. As for durability and EVA wearing out: the outsole did just fine for as long as the insole was still supportive and cushioning. They should probably be replaced soon for tennis play due to insole more than outsole. I would definitely say go for Figjams -- great shoes!