PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new racquet and i need help!!!

GoldenPrince
03-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm using the head extreme mp right now but im getting to play better so im looking for a new racquet any help would be great please and thank you

SystemicAnomaly
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Is that a MicroGel or Youtek?

Need more info. TW indicates that the Head Extremes are suitable for 4.0 and higher. Why do you think that your current racquet no longer suits your needs? Need more power? Less power? More control? Heavier? Lighter? A different balance? ... Have you considered thinner strings or a different string tension? Have you tried adding lead?

GoldenPrince
03-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Is that a MicroGel or Youtek?

Need more info. TW indicates that the Head Extremes are suitable for 4.0 and higher. Why do you think that your current racquet no longer suits your needs? Need more power? Less power? More control? Heavier? Lighter? A different balance? ... Have you considered thinner strings or a different string tension? Have you tried adding lead?

its a microgel and ya im just looking for a racquet with more control a d maybe heavier and ive tried differnt string set ups which were okay

pattenww
03-17-2012, 03:24 AM
transition from tweener to player frame -- to stay somewhat similar - try the micro gel rad and add weight at handle until you get what you want, or 200 lite. then as you get better move to dunlop 200 or prestige mp..

SystemicAnomaly
03-17-2012, 03:26 AM
its a microgel and ya im just looking for a racquet with more control a d maybe heavier and ive tried differnt string set ups which were okay

If you add weight to your current racket, you can probably string at a higher tension to give you a bit more control. You can add lead to the head at 3 and 9 to reduce the frame torque on off-center hits. This will also make it a bit heavier and give it a more even balance.

Or you can add weight at the throat to make it heavier without changing the balance. This will have less impact on the swingweight than adding lead in the hoop.

Have you tried the Youtek Extreme MP? It's the same weight but a bit shorter & stiffer and the balance is a bit more even. Because it is stiffer yet shorter, you might get a little more control. But that is hard to say for certain. Also being a little shorter, the swing weight might be slightly lower than the Microgel version. (But then differences from one frame to the next could even make the SW slightly higher).

The Youtek Extreme Pro, the Prestige MP or the Radical Pro could give you the extra weight you are after. You might consider a Babolat AeroPro Drive or the Aero Storm. Volkl, Wilson, Prince, Dunlop and others might also have something you might like. Your best bet might to find a good demo program to see if you can find a racquet that better suits you. Note, however, that strings and the string tension can have a lot to do with how you perceive any racquet.

fuzz nation
03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
You certainly might find more comfort and control with a little more flex and a little extra weight, just as long as the racquet isn't so heavy that it feels like you're swinging it under water. Even if you went up toward a 12 oz. frame, that wouldn't be crazy-hefty, but you could probably expect to need a window of at least a few weeks to adjust your swing timing. No biggie.

The Donnay X-Dual Core Gold 99 is one option that could fit the bill for you and I'm also thinking that the Wilson BLX Blade 98 could be worth a look. I've seen a couple of players switch into that from racquets like yours lately with pretty good results. Another "maybe" is something like the Yonex RDiS 200.

I agree with our pals that the TW demo program is a huge help if you can access it for yourself. It's pretty much impossible to know what any unfamiliar gear will have to offer until we can take it out for a spin.