Pet
03-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Look at the finish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8fNc9aWctI

Nadal go .... but FAIL!!!! ouch!!!

Then he goes to apologize for the new victory :evil:

OddJack
03-17-2012, 01:19 AM
He celebrates with a primal scream right in his face. Of course Nalby knows how fake his humbleness is.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:02 AM
LOL you seriously think Nadal wanted to hug him? Who hugs a player after a match? After the net handshake, a hug? Looked like he was just patting him on the back and offering encouragement.

Tennis_Hands
03-17-2012, 02:07 AM
So, that is why Nadal bought a Ferrari? So that he can chase his opponents on their way home.

Murrayfan31
03-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Well it's pretty obvious Nadal goes that way and Nalby wanted no part of that.

Magnus
03-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Well, it was another match Nadal should have never won. Nalby was clearly the better player for the first two sets. He lost it in the 2nd and hand it over. I was surprised to see in the 3rd he actually fought for it, but with two breaks by cheater, it was too little too late.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Well, it was another match Nadal should have never won. Nalby was clearly the better player for the first two sets. He lost it in the 2nd and hand it over. I was surprised to see in the 3rd he actually fought for it, but with two breaks by cheater, it was too little too late.

Nadal played a sharp 1st set. 2nd set represented most of his 39 unforced errors (btw Nalbandian also had 39 unforced errors). 3rd set, I think its safe to say Nadal outplayed Nalbandian.

Murrayfan31
03-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Nadal played a sharp 1st set. 2nd set represented most of his 39 unforced errors (btw Nalbandian also had 39 unforced errors). 3rd set, I think its safe to say Nadal outplayed Nalbandian.
Nalbandian got tired or lost interest. Just not the same intensity after losing that second set.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Well, no matter how you look at it, both guys hit a lot of unforced errors. Neither player was going to 'win' this match. It just came down to whoever cut down the unforced errors. Nadal definitely cut down unforced errors in the 3rd set. The routine balls he was missing earlier he began to make.

I see it as a match in which Nadal shook off his rust. We didn't see the rust in the other 3 matches because there was not a big enough test.

FearOfTheDark
03-17-2012, 02:53 AM
If you actually look at the ending, and OBVIOUSLY David was feeling a bit down about losing a match he could have won. A rather awesome match actually. Anyway, considering this circumstance, listen here.

The niceties at the net - Nalbandy shook hands with Nadal, and then put his arm on Nadal's waist. Even that is enough to show "Good match congrats"

At the end, when Nadal goes in to pat him on the shoulder, possibly offer some encouragement, Bando was listening and acknowledges by signalling with his hands with a thumbs up action.

It all ended rather sweet to be honest! :)

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:56 AM
I think Nadal followed balls into the net (including serve-volleying) because he knew Nalbandian had the game to match and beat (albeit by a slim margin) Nadal from the baseline. I wonder if Nadal will serve-volley vs Djokovic.

monfed
03-17-2012, 03:16 AM
In a way I have to question your common sense about creating this thread,OP. What do you want to hear that has already not been said? You'll end up creating a thread for every match the TSP plays. Props for your passion though, it didn't go unnoticed!

vive le beau jeu !
03-17-2012, 03:35 AM
In a way I have to question your common sense about creating this thread,OP. What do you want to hear that has already not been said? You'll end up creating a thread for every match the TSP plays. Props for your passion though, it didn't go unnoticed!
... TSP or TSM ? ;)

TopFH
03-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Delete post.

TopFH
03-17-2012, 04:55 AM
LOL you seriously think Nadal wanted to hug him? Who hugs a player after a match? After the net handshake, a hug? Looked like he was just patting him on the back and offering encouragement.

Oh, I don't know...Nadal has hugged his opponents many times after tough matches. Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_5-FcP4aec

Cormorant
03-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Nalbandian was just fuming that he lost, and there's nothing more to read into it.

They don't exactly avoid each other outside of matches either, and I don't see why that would change after what was a full-blooded match with no notable lapses in sportsmanship.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IWtowYSP0IA/THjVQe5vksI/AAAAAAAACbg/hQq6eLHFJ0I/s1600/nadal-y-nalbandian-5.jpg

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Mightve been a little bitter about almost bein tagged in the first set..?

Tabash
03-17-2012, 05:43 AM
This annoys me about Nadal. He's full of this b/s when he's winning. Going over the top, coming over to the bench afterwards, by the way "consoling", and all this rubbish. Here's another example from USO 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0CLCCAwKZI

Now Djokovic took it very well in this case but you could see Nalbandian had no interest. It's not that nalbandian doesn't like nadal but you have a right to be bitter and to want your own space for a while after a loss. I think it's insensitive to invade that space when you have just been the victor. And of course what makes it worst of all, is that we've seen how Nadal takes his losses to Djokovic-quick/abrupt handshake and wants to get off the court quickly so he should know better than anyone that the last thing the loser wants is the winner coming over with hugs and pats afterwards( the handshakes's bad enough) I think Djokovic has the best balance when it comes to this. He doles out the hugs and affection when he loses and of course the opponent never minds a hug when they've just won. But then he kind of judges by them whether or not to hug when he himself has just won and he certainly doesn't crowd them out at their bench afterwards.

Pet
03-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Nalbandian was just fuming that he lost, and there's nothing more to read into it.

They don't exactly avoid each other outside of matches either, and I don't see why that would change after what was a full-blooded match with no notable lapses in sportsmanship.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IWtowYSP0IA/THjVQe5vksI/AAAAAAAACbg/hQq6eLHFJ0I/s1600/nadal-y-nalbandian-5.jpg

You forget a body shot by Nadal :twisted:

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 06:56 AM
This annoys me about Nadal. He's full of this b/s when he's winning. Going over the top, coming over to the bench afterwards, by the way "consoling", and all this rubbish. Here's another example from USO 2010

Now Djokovic took it very well in this case but you could see Nalbandian had no interest. It's not that nalbandian doesn't like nadal but you have a right to be bitter and to want your own space for a while after a loss. I think it's insensitive to invade that space when you have just been the victor. And of course what makes it worst of all, is that we've seen how Nadal takes his losses to Djokovic-quick/abrupt handshake and wants to get off the court quickly so he should know better than anyone that the last thing the loser wants is the winner coming over with hugs and pats afterwards( the handshakes's bad enough) I think Djokovic has the best balance when it comes to this. He doles out the hugs and affection when he loses and of course the opponent never minds a hug when they've just won. But then he kind of judges by them whether or not to hug when he himself has just won and he certainly doesn't crowd them out at their bench afterwards.

Yeah I hope Nadal rips his shirt when he beats djokovic. We'll see what djokovic thinks of that :D

flyinghippos101
03-17-2012, 06:59 AM

That's what I think about Rafa sometimes. i think he means well with the hugs, but it's just so patronizing.

tennis_pro
03-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah I hope Nadal rips his shirt when he beats djokovic. We'll see what djokovic thinks of that :D

Unless by some miracle Nadal beats Djokovic in Indian Wells and shouts in his face:

"I WON INDIAN WELLS!! I WON INDIAN WELLSSSS!!!!!!! ROOOOAAAR!!!!! Where's my banana?"

DjokovicForTheWin
03-17-2012, 07:42 AM
If Nalby simply improved his fitness to the level of Djoker, he would never lose to Nadal again.

Jonny S&V
03-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Did that affect Nadal? I don't see that shirt-ripping and yell touching him or invading his personal space. Nadal can just as easily look away, same as Nalby turning it down. It's not like Djokovic walked over to Nadal and roared in his face that he had won...

Tabash
03-17-2012, 08:11 AM

He ripped his shirt once after his second 6 hour match in a row and it was long after the handshake was over. He's perfectly entitled. It's more annoying screaming after a victory(as Nadal did) and then coming over with patronising sympathy. Djokovic celebrates after a win as much as he wants to and that's normal. You don't understand Djokovic's mindset if you think he would be bothered by Nadal going bananas after winning a match against him. He believes wins are to be celebrated(whether it's to everyone's taste or not but at least he's not a hypocrite about it)He never makes it about the loser nor be irritatingly nice with the loser(when he knows he's not going to return the favour when he loses,unlike Nadal). He's the first to over congratulate the winner after every match.

The Pure One
03-17-2012, 08:21 AM
May be is time to dig up this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfIuA46V0Q

Hope Nadalwon2012 enjoys it!

Cormorant
03-17-2012, 08:34 AM
That's what I think about Rafa sometimes. i think he means well with the hugs, but it's just so patronizing.

Was he being condescending when he hugged that fan who tripped face down onto the hardcourt a couple of days ago? I think the guy was probably quite happy to get that embrace!(1:03):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ehgUaeIn0

TheTruth
03-17-2012, 08:34 AM

That's what it looked like to me, too ( especially since they're such good friends and sometimes go out to dinner together according to the commentators).

Gorecki
03-17-2012, 08:36 AM

i have no idea what he will think of that, but you will most be happy in that onanistic way you are when you see Nadal's chest.... i'm most certain of that

DjokovicForTheWin
03-17-2012, 08:38 AM

LLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, what a great video. Really proves how bitter and fake Nadal really is on the inside. In contrast to Djoker who was always a good sport even when he lost.

The Pure One
03-17-2012, 09:24 AM
^^ Agree! It's easy to be humble when you win. Your true colors show up when you lose.

The Pure One
03-17-2012, 09:25 AM
...rep post

kishnabe
03-17-2012, 10:08 AM
If Nalby simply improved his fitness to the level of Djoker, he would never lose to Nadal again.

It not fitness that he needs to improve, just mentality at the big points. It tough to close out Nadal for some players. I mean Nalbandian was physically and mentally strong to beat top tenners( Tipsarevic, Tsonga) but he knew he had his work cut out for him against Nadal.

Federer has the same problem with Nadal. Though Djokovic has found a cure to that problem. IN my Opinion Nadal and Djokovic are matched in physical ability. It just that tactically and mentally Djokovic is stronger in the matchup. However Nadal is mentally stronger than Djokovic is against the field.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
i have no idea what he will think of that, but you will most be happy in that onanistic way you are when you see Nadal's chest.... i'm most certain of that

That is gross, the male body is ugly.

CCNM
03-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Wow!!!! If I hadn't watched that video I would have never believed it-Rafa knows how to come to the net!!!! :lol: I thought Fed was the only player he hugs.

Bud
03-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Nadal didn't try to embrace Nalbandian at the net.

Was this really worthy of a thread?

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Any chance at a negative thread about Nadal is encouraged at talk tennis :lol:

Maybe later today we'll have a thread about Federer not accepting Nadal's pat on the back.

Pet
03-17-2012, 03:15 PM

You canīt see that? They always embrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPkyjJwH_g&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL12EEEC53B7931243

Crisstti
03-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Of course that is all that was. It's just that haters are delusional and want to believe everyone hates him, you know, even his friends.

:roll:

You're right, how terrible of him to care enough to try to console his friends in a situation like that.

Just shameful.

Tennis_Hands
03-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Of course that is all that was. It's just that haters are delutional and want to believe everyone hates him, you know, even his friends.

Did not look like Nalbandian was experiencing any positive feelings towards his "friend".

Crisstti
03-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Did not look like Nalbandian was experiencing any positive feelings towards his "friend".

He wasn't experiencing positive feelings. Why on earth would he?. He had just lost a match he could well have won. He had been playing the best he had in a while, well enough to win the tournament. But he lost. He was upset. You, however, WANT to believe his negative feelings were towards Nadal.

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 04:05 PM

A closed mind sees nothing. No surprises that Bud can't see what he doesn't want to, it is Mr. 4.5 himself.

Any chance at a negative thread about Nadal is encouraged at talk tennis :lol:

Maybe later today we'll have a thread about Federer not accepting Nadal's pat on the back.

You're the biggest loon on the boards. You trash Federer every chance you get, and you're complaining about this thread? Get banned again, please.

Tennis_Hands
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
He wasn't experiencing positive feelings. Why on earth would he?. He had just lost a match he could well have won. He had been playing the best he had in a while, well enough to win the tournament. But he lost. He was upset. You, however, WANT to believe his negative feelings were towards Nadal.

If you are upset the last thing you would want is to be consoled by the guy who did that to you. His negative feeling were not towards Nadal, but Nadal certainly put some salt in his wounds intentionally or not.

I see, that you have some pretty romantic views about friendship. Believe me, there are other (subtler) ways to show compassion, if one feels like doing it. Going to the other player, when he clearly wants to be left alone, on the other hand ......

Besides, they are professional players and they know well enough that they are on the court to win against whoever is on the other side of the net. No need to apologize for being the better player in that particular match.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 04:19 PM
A closed mind sees nothing. No surprises that Bud can't see what he doesn't want to, it is Mr. 4.5 himself.

You're the biggest loon on the boards. You trash Federer every chance you get, and you're complaining about this thread? Get banned again, please.

You just harassed and offended me with your rudeness. Hope you keep doing it so you get banned.

nethawkwenatchee
03-17-2012, 04:40 PM
No surprises that Bud can't see what he doesn't want to, it is Mr. 4.5 himself.

Quoted for legendary status:

I'll take Bud on my 4.5 team any day :)... we were going to take a stab at Raonic and whats his name (can't think of his name off the bat:) )... never underestimate a 4.5 :)

On a serious note: I'm really glad to see Nalbandian competing in this way again. Two weeks ago Nalby wasn't even on any radar screen. Now he's within two points of taking Nadal out for a SF at Indian Wells.

Very glad to see him in form again. Watch out for him in Miami!

sonicare
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Lol. Nadal was apologising to him for tagging him at the net in the second set.

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 06:10 PM
You just harassed and offended me with your rudeness. Hope you keep doing it so you get banned.

I have a small violin here for you, it's probably not very nice seeing your hero straight setted by Roger. LUL.

Polvorin
03-19-2012, 06:14 AM

Yeah, that video says it all. The Wimbledon one especially--it looks like he runs away from Nole's hand on his shoulder.... pretty funny.