PDA

View Full Version : Federer to stuborn to adapt Isners strategy?

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Game plan Isner used against Novak should be adopted by Federer.

After so many loses to Nadal and Novak, it's time that Federer try something radical, instead of using the same strategy over and over.

Go for more aces, serve and volley more, come in on anything short, an attacking game revealed how pressure go to Novak.

BeHappy
03-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, because Federer has a 150mph serve and is 6'10''...

dirtballer
03-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Federer isn't 6-9 and doesn't serve 145 MPH.

OldFedIsOld
03-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Ehhh, I personally think Fed really needs to keep his first serve percentage above 60%. That might help a little...

Towser83
03-17-2012, 01:12 PM

This

10isnerserves

CocaCola
03-17-2012, 01:12 PM
What strategy? Federer is a better player and he'll beat Humbalito today!!! C'mon Mirka fans...show some spirit.

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Doesn't Federer have a winnig h2h against Djokovic?

yeah, thought so.

Zildite
03-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Doesn't Federer have a winnig h2h against Djokovic?

yeah, thought so.

Nadal has a winning h2h against Djokovic as well, times change.

Fed should get right on to growing a foot taller, stop being so stubborn staying 6' 1".

jerriy
03-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Federer to (sic) stuborn (sic) to adapt Isners strategy?Why would Fed do that?

Isner is not gonna beat Nadal tomorrow anyway

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM

BeHappy

Serve is part of the "game plan"

Cup8489
03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Serve is part of the "game plan"

Ok, please post video of your 145 mph serve, since it's clearly very easy to serve that fast and Federer should just get on with it.

Shaolin
03-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Nadal has a winning h2h against Djokovic as well, times change.

Fed should get right on to growing a foot taller, stop being so stubborn staying 6' 1".

Very arrogant of Federer to think he can still dominate, staying at 6'1.

Don Felder
03-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't think Fed needs to change his game plan at all to beat Djoker. He just needs to concentrate better than he has the last few years in these best of 5 matches. He was dominating that US O match last year, took care of him at the French, and all in all I still don't mind seeing Fed matchd up against Djoker.

That USO match was particularly telling. Djoker had no answers for Fed's variety and serves, and then Fed just took his foot off the gas and played an awful set and a half through the 3rd and 4th. Then, Fed regrouped for the 5th and was one frustrated, lucky Djoker return winner away from besting Djoker in the grand slams last year.

In short, when Fed plays Nadal, there are obviously some very strong mental and physical factors working against him winning, especially at this point in Fed's career (except indoors). I've never felt that way about Djoker vs Fed, even when Djoker beats him. All things being equal, Fed has too much game for Djoker--even the 2011 version.

Raistlin
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Fed doesn't need to change a thing to beat Novak, he has had match points over Djoker and stopped him from winning 4 slams in a row in 2011. His mental game is what has gone to the dogs since he's gotten older. As for Nadal, that's a whole other story.

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Fed doesn't need to change a thing to beat Novak, he has had match points over Djoker and stopped him from winning 4 slams in a row in 2011. His mental game is what has gone to the dogs since he's gotten older. As for Nadal, that's a whole other story.

The fact still remains that Fed lost all those matches to Novack, and Fed is not getting any younger.

Nadal, Fed needs to try something different, otherwise it could become one ugly head to head stat.

tennis_pro
03-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Yea, Federer should try to grow taller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho5UvzNZC2o#t=1m18s

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't think Fed needs to change his game plan at all to beat Djoker. He just needs to concentrate better than he has the last few years in these best of 5 matches. He was dominating that US O match last year, took care of him at the French, and all in all I still don't mind seeing Fed matchd up against Djoker.

That USO match was particularly telling. Djoker had no answers for Fed's variety and serves, and then Fed just took his foot off the gas and played an awful set and a half through the 3rd and 4th. Then, Fed regrouped for the 5th and was one frustrated, lucky Djoker return winner away from besting Djoker in the grand slams last year.

In short, when Fed plays Nadal, there are obviously some very strong mental and physical factors working against him winning, especially at this point in Fed's career (except indoors). I've never felt that way about Djoker vs Fed, even when Djoker beats him. All things being equal, Fed has too much game for Djoker--even the 2011 version.

That's Novak's game since he has matured. He now has the stamina to stay in the big matches. IMO, part of his game is to defend, defend, defend, wear down his opponents.

What we saw today was a game plan that can beat Novak, Nadal and other defenders.

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Very arrogant of Federer to think he can still dominate, staying at 6'1.

One does not need to be 6'10" to have a effective serve.

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Ok, please post video of your 145 mph serve, since it's clearly very easy to serve that fast and Federer should just get on with it.

Did you read my post carefully? "Game plan" not just serving bombs.

Read the title to this thread. It's not about just the serve.

Rozroz
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Nadal will wipe his arse with Mr. Isner shmisner..
nothing for Fed to 'adopt' here.
and if Djoko had managed to take his head out of his arse he would have also taken Isner.
it was the worst Djoko game this season.
and the Davis cup win was also a big big coincidence.

maybe if Isner really prove himself consistently this season, i might think differently.
not yet.

djokovic2008
03-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Erm your forgetting AO 2011 when djoker took him out in straights if your gonna be objective then don't just mention the close matches as they played FIVE times last year and fed won only one.

li0scc0
03-17-2012, 03:02 PM

Federer has one of the most effective serves of all time.
But he is not 6'10.

Magnus
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Game plan Isner used against Novak should be adopted by Federer.

After so many loses to Nadal and Novak, it's time that Federer try something radical, instead of using the same strategy over and over.

Go for more aces, serve and volley more, come in on anything short, an attacking game revealed how pressure go to Novak.

Yes because Federer never beat Novak and isn't leading the H2H with him...:shock:

Magnus
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Erm your forgetting AO 2011 when djoker took him out in straights if your gonna be objective then don't just mention the close matches as they played FIVE times last year and fed won only one.

Fed had 2 MPs on both USO matches. If he'd taken one of them in each, it'd look a lot different. And that's old inconfident Fed against peak version 2.0 Novak.

djokovic2008
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes because Federer never beat Novak and isn't leading the H2H with him...:shock:

I think he was talking about 2011 djoker in which case OP has a point.

Romismak
03-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Is this thread joke or what?

Roger has good strategy against Nole already, their matches are close always and Roger can beat him for sure.

And how in the world can Roger play like Isner? nobody besides Milos can play like this

Hitting bombs on both serve and FH.... yes Roger can do this like nothing....

djokovic2008
03-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Fed had 2 MPs on both USO matches. If he'd taken one of them in each, it'd look a lot different. And that's old inconfident Fed against peak version 2.0 Novak.

Did he have match points in either of their AO open meetings? Or did djoker beat fed in both of those straight sets, or what about Dubai last year or Indian wells last year also, djoker in RECENT times has put a serious beat down on fed only bettered by nadal.

rommil
03-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Rest of the ATP too stubborn to adapt Federer's strategy. Everybody would have 16 slams each:(

djokovic2008
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Is this thread joke or what?

Roger has good strategy against Nole already, their matches are close always and Roger can beat him for sure.

And how in the world can Roger play like Isner? nobody besides Milos can play like this

Hitting bombs on both serve and FH.... yes Roger can do this like nothing....

This is a valid thread, the only way to beat djoker 2011 version is to hit bombs time and time again, fed has failed to do this successfully for the last two years against djoker.

joeri888
03-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Isner's serve isn't necessarily more damaging than Federer's, but he can produce it 70% of the points. If Federer serves abve 70% without taking anything of it. There's no way Djokovic beats Federer, unless he completely falls apart.

joeri888
03-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Did he have match points in either of their AO open meetings? Or did djoker beat fed in both of those straight sets, or what about Dubai last year or Indian wells last year also, djoker in RECENT times has put a serious beat down on fed only bettered by nadal.

No, on slower HC's Djokovic is better than Federer atm. Your point? Djokovic is indeed better than Fed at the moment, that doesnt mean there is a better strategy for Roger out there.

Bjorn99
03-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Federer should dominate this match. Cannot say why, BUT I am a professional speculator. Smart money on Fed.

Romismak
03-17-2012, 03:21 PM
This is a valid thread, the only way to beat djoker 2011 version is to hit bombs time and time again, fed has failed to do this successfully for the last two years against djoker.

I donīt think Roger can hit such big FHīs like John, his FH is great-was great, but i donīt think he is capable right now to hit with such big pace consistently and about serve there is not much to talk - his serve never was about speed, if he would go for speed, his FS% will drop, also i think Rogerīs limits are somewhere. More importantly he is old, he wants to play longer, there is no way he will destroy his wrist-arm- for big serving big hitting....

Shaolin
03-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Duh, I was joking.

coloskier
03-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Nadal will wipe his arse with Mr. Isner shmisner..
nothing for Fed to 'adopt' here.
and if Djoko had managed to take his head out of his arse he would have also taken Isner.
it was the worst Djoko game this season.
and the Davis cup win was also a big big coincidence.

maybe if Isner really prove himself consistently this season, i might think differently.
not yet.

OOPPS another FAIL thread.

Tennishacker
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Great win for Fed, under windy conditions, I would of gave the match to Nadal, but Fed was hugging the baseline, keeping the ball to Nadals bh, hitting a flatter fh, staying the aggressor.

ATXtennisaddict
03-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Aaaaaand we're done here.