PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic and Nadal (IW semi spoilers)

Towser83
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok so what if this year Djokovic just continues to get beaten in semis all the time, and Nadal actually gets back to number 1 and collects title after title without even beating Djokovic?

Would this be anoying for Nadal fans that he wouldn't have beaten Novak or would you not really care?

kishnabe
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
No More Djodal finals till the FO and beyond.

It a bit tiring. At least Isner vs Fedal looks interesting.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Ok so what if this year Djokovic just continues to get beaten in semis all the time, and Nadal actually gets back to number 1 and collects title after title without even beating Djokovic?

Would this be anoying for Nadal fans that he wouldn't have beaten Novak or would you not really care?

Like I've always said, Djokovic will never lead the h2h. It is Nadal 16-14 and 5-3 at slams. Nadal is only going to increase that. Nadal won 5 straight matches over Djokovic. Djokovic won 7 straight over Nadal. Nadal also had a sequence where he won their first 5 slam meetings. Streaks count for nothing in the end. All people will see 16-14 and 5-3. But obviously Nadal-Djokovic will meet again this year. Isner isn't good enough to block Djokovic each time lol.

Towser83
03-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Like I've always said, Djokovic will never lead the h2h. It is Nadal 16-14 and 5-3 at slams. Nadal is only going to increase that. Nadal won 5 straight matches over Djokovic. Djokovic won 7 straight over Nadal. Nadal also had a sequence where he won their first 5 slam meetings. Streaks count for nothing in the end. All people will see 16-14 and 5-3. But obviously Nadal-Djokovic will meet again this year. Isner isn't good enough to block Djokovic each time lol.

You also said Nadal would beat Djokovic in Australia :lol:

Didn't say isner would every time, there is also Murray, Federer and others that could spring upsets.

The only way Djokovic will never lead the H2H is either if they don't play again for ages or Djokovic plays terrible against him. The H2H is getting very tight indeed... not much room for Nadal. Even if he makes it 17-4, Djokovic only needs 4 wins in a row to go ahead again. He just needs to score two wins for every Nadal win to eventually overtake.

Nadal did win 5 matches against Djokovic in a row. 4 of which were on clay (one of which he was fortunate to win - Madrid 2009) only one was on a surface which didn't favour him and he won less games in that match and had to rely on Djokovic choking. After that Djokovic beat him 3 times in a row.

Out of the 7 wins Djokovic had, 3 were on surfaces that favour Nadal and nadal only won ONE set in those matches combined. So nearly half favoured Nadal and he still lost them. He also lost 4 as defending champion, 3 of which Djokovic had never won before. So everything was on Nadal's side.

nadalwon2012
03-17-2012, 02:43 PM
No person on talk tennis is right about everything. I was wrong about one match, but it is the most complimentary way to get something wrong - 6 hours. I have more to be proud of than people who said Djokovic would thrash Nadal in the AO final. The fact Nadal led 4-2 (and serving) in the 5th set, rather than being thrashed, points to me as being the real winner.

Towser83
03-17-2012, 03:26 PM
No person on talk tennis is right about everything. I was wrong about one match, but it is the most complimentary way to get something wrong - 6 hours. I have more to be proud of than people who said Djokovic would thrash Nadal in the AO final. The fact Nadal led 4-2 (and serving) in the 5th set, rather than being thrashed, points to me as being the real winner.

no it points to you and Nadal being the loser. Congrats on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Keep making predictions. Maybe Djokovic will almost never lead the head to head but will then run away with it.

dr325i
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM

My advice to you -- just do not put any $$$ on your "wise" predictions. From what I have seen here, you could be pi$$ poor very soon ;)