PDA

View Full Version : adidas barricade rackets

zzain
03-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Are these rackets legit? I mean can they hold up against the wilsons and the babolats. Has anyone hit with them?

li0scc0
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
I have owned many of the Adidas racquets, owned and sold them . Barricade, Tour Lite, and Tour.
My take is yes, they are very good racquets. The only negative I found is the sweet spot is very small. If it were bigger, I would never have switched.
The racquets are very solid and I think look nice (personal preference). I think the Barricade would make a great choice for someone who wants a lighter Six.One. The Tour is a monster, nearly 13 ounces with leather and overgrip and dampener. SW was right above 340 with dampener. Hits a HEAVY ball. And volleys are a dream, IF you can prepare!
The Tour Lite is a real sleeper and has room for modification. Again, the SW was at 340 with dampener, so that might preclude its use by many. When I used it, I ended up adding enough handle weight to get it to 12.9...so it was just like the Tour!

zzain
03-17-2012, 09:03 PM
thanks...just out of curiosity, what racket did you switch to?

li0scc0
03-18-2012, 04:03 AM
thanks...just out of curiosity, what racket did you switch to?

Oh dear, this is a loaded question! I have rarely settled on a racquet, sad to say. I am one of those, shall we say, racquet-oholics? racquet-addicts? :)
For me the ideal racquet is 95-100 square inches, up to 22mm beam. A lovely racquet if one can handle the stiffness is the Slazenger Pro Braided. On the other hand, I tend to come back to old Fischer racquets, if the truth be told, for their arm-friendliness and consistency.
My hope was that the adidas racquets could give me some of the performance of a Slazenger with the arm friendliness of the Fischers. In that respect, I was not disappointed! But I was not able to handle the very small sweet spot.

ZeroSkid
03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
li0scc0 is talking nonsense, I demoed the Barricade Tour a lot and many people have tried out the Adidas racquets and 99% came to the conclusion that they were garbage, like a Walmart racquet

PBODY99
03-18-2012, 05:39 PM
One 4.5 player I string for uses the Tour. He used to use a 6.1, Dense pattern he loves it. The frame is well made, just could not gain a foothold in the USA market.

li0scc0
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
li0scc0 is talking nonsense, I demoed the Barricade Tour a lot and many people have tried out the Adidas racquets and 99% came to the conclusion that they were garbage, like a Walmart racquet

Walmart sells the Wilson K6.1 racquet.
Does that make it garbage?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilson-K-Six.One-95-Strung-Performance-Racket-Medium/15739923

Every Adidas racquet I owned was very close to spec (weight, balance, and swingweight). As mentioned, the Sweetspot was small. Other than that, very nice.