PDA

View Full Version : ah... it's time for BANK OF THE WEST CLASSIC!

Lee
07-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Anyone going to this event? It features a slew of world-class players, including Kim Clijsters and Hantuchova, which are my favourites. I'd love to meet Kim's sister, Elke, she's a beautiful one! The name Elke sounds hot enough to me, don't you agree?

check out the draw here
http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/news/detailnews.asp?NewsID=71

See you guys there!

GotGame?
07-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Too bad it doesn't look like many here care for the women's game. I won't be seeing you there, wish I could, but have fun seeing the many great players and good luck hooking up with Elke, LOL!

vascoboy
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Lee,
saw your link about the draw but it won't open?!? where did you find that anyway, can't seem to find it anywhere on the bofwest classic web site...

Gundam
07-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I will go and see qualifying matches tomorrow.

Lee
07-21-2006, 09:12 AM
haha I started this thread a year ago. I am in New York now so of course I will not be able to make it. The draw will be out tomorrow. Stanford is a fantastic place to be this time of the year, have fun. If you want to get some fine Japanese food after the match, check out Miyake in downtown Palo Alto. Who knows, you might catch Kim Clijsters gorging on some sushi! :-D

Lee
07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Vascoboy, Gundam, are you guys from the south bay? Any of you guys want to hit in late august? I'll be in Palo Alto for a week starting on August 21

jasonbourne
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I will drive some of the players through next saturday. I don't know who from the draw I will drive until the player calls for a ride. Anything you want me to ask a specific player for you?

Gundam
07-21-2006, 12:15 PM
haha I started this thread a year ago. I am in New York now so of course I will not be able to make it. The draw will be out tomorrow. Stanford is a fantastic place to be this time of the year, have fun. If you want to get some fine Japanese food after the match, check out Miyake in downtown Palo Alto. Who knows, you might catch Kim Clijsters gorging on some sushi! :-D

Miyake? OK, I'll remember that. I live in Millbrae. I wouldn't be able to see the main matches. I will just see the qualifying matches tomorrow :neutral:

Gundam
07-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I will drive some of the players through next saturday. I don't know who from the draw I will drive until the player calls for a ride. Anything you want me to ask a specific player for you?

a-hem..if you see Daniela H, tell her that she is well liked and doesn't need to wear overly revealing clothes or lose weight. I wonder if her family situation has been all solved (parent's divorce or health issues, I am not sure). She is talented I hope she becomes more aggressive to fullfill her talent. :)

MonkeyPox
07-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, be sure and ask Daniella about her parents' divorce. She'll LOVE that.

Lee
07-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Ask Clijsters if she's really using a pure drive

jasonbourne
07-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Daniela is a private person. She hardly spoke in the car last year. She was more interested in playing with her mobile phone.

I'll try to get a conversation going.

jasonbourne
07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Clijsters is friendly and open. I can ask her about her racquet.

BeautyVenus
07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Clijsters will win this event very easily. Venus Williams and Lindsay Davenport are skipping this event for San Diego instead.

RealityPolice
07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Daniela is a private person. She hardly spoke in the car last year. She was more interested in playing with her mobile phone.

I'll try to get a conversation going.

She's also very moody-- chatty and friendly one day, withdrawn and ultra-serious the next.

Ask her about her piano playing. That might start a conversation. (Do you speak Italian? That'll work, too. :) )

DX_Psycho
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
4 ticekts given away on the radio. caller 20. i didn't get them. damn.

BreakPoint
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM
The main draw is out: http://www.bankofthewestclassic.com/Draw/SinglesMainDraw072106.pdf

Rincon
07-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Man, I wish I could go (I really wanted to see Groenefeld and Clijsters) but I have to go to San Jose tommorrow.

leftys_rock
07-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm going to the event. I only have tickets for the SF and final though. I'm going to the night session. Hopefully Clijsters will be in that match. I'll also be at the Acura Classic and the JP Morgan Chase Open.

jasonbourne
07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
She's also very moody-- chatty and friendly one day, withdrawn and ultra-serious the next.

Ask her about her piano playing. That might start a conversation. (Do you speak Italian? That'll work, too. :) )

I don't speak Italian, but I play piano. I can kick it off with this.

Yesterday I drove Dechy a couple of times to/fro restaurant and hotel.

Gundam
07-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't speak Italian, but I play piano. I can kick it off with this.

Yesterday, it was extremely hot. I felt for the players...
jasonbourne, are you a guy? I heard Steffi used to invite his 'drivers' to her hotel room from time to time. Obviously to discuss her tennis skills and tactic against Gaby, Seles etc.

Polaris
07-23-2006, 03:02 PM

Hey Jason, do you know where the players are practising? Last year, Venus and Serena came over to the West Campus courts (near Lyman) and I was really impressed by their power. It might be nice if more of them came to practice this year, even though it means that we won't have spare courts for the next two weeks. Also, if you know of the best place on campus to watch the players practice, please let us know.

jasonbourne
07-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey Jason, do you know where the players are practising? Last year, Venus and Serena came over to the West Campus courts (near Lyman) and I was really impressed by their power. It might be nice if more of them came to practice this year, even though it means that we won't have spare courts for the next two weeks. Also, if you know of the best place on campus to watch the players practice, please let us know.

AFAIK they will only practice on the West Campus courts or the multiple courts within the stadium. I usually drop them off between these two locations.

From the comfort of your computer, you can view them live from here,

http://gostanford.cstv.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html

tennisjunkiela
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
good to see chanda rubin back! hopefully, she is healthy

jasonbourne
07-30-2006, 01:47 PM
a-hem..if you see Daniela H, tell her that she is well liked and doesn't need to wear overly revealing clothes or lose weight. I wonder if her family situation has been all solved (parent's divorce or health issues, I am not sure). She is talented I hope she becomes more aggressive to fullfill her talent. :)

Gundam, I did not drive Huntchakova this year. She lost too early. :(

jasonbourne
07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Ask Clijsters if she's really using a pure drive

I drove Clijsters. She said she's using a PD.