View Full Version : Check out this awesome Federer practice video

Sid_Vicious
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT2c1pqwt_U

Backhand DTL and a forehand DTL.

Great stuff.

Fate Archer
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Haha, seems like some of the best Fed practice sessions vids are hit with Gasquet there too. :)

Liked the heavy forehand that he set by intentionally letting the ball drop to bring with spin and take Gasquet out of the court at 0:55.
That was the true point winner shot I think. :)

seattle_1hander
03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Ha, Gasquet stood around to be a practice partner? He lost his first match.

BigT
03-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Gasquet was still alive in the doubles. I saw him play a practice set with K. Anderson.

Xizel
03-17-2012, 10:09 PM
With the crowd there, I feel bad for Gasquet, being a victim of Fed's exhibition.

Sid_Vicious
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
With the crowd there, I feel bad for Gasquet, being a victim of Fed's exhibition.
There is no need to feel bad for Gasquet. Federer got burned pretty badly by Gasquet at times if you check out the other videos. During one point Federer curshed a forehand CC and charged in and Gasquet slapped a forehand passing shot down the line.

nickarnold2000
03-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Thanks for posting the vid.
IMO, for us amateurs, if you can hit a penetrating DTL BH consistently off a cross court ball, your opponents will very quickly get sick of losing to you. I go out of my way to practice that one. :)

fleabitten
03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
.. if you can hit a penetrating DTL BH consistently off a cross court ball, your opponents will very quickly get sick of losing to you.
Yep, you just have to get the timing right since you are changing directions and flirting with the side line. And, of course, the net is higher too. 3 intensified variables that can screw it up.