PDA

View Full Version : More Solid feeling

foolman121
03-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I was just wondering if there is much i can do to a racket to give it a more solid and less vibration feeling. and also get rid of that tinny metalic sound. What ways can i do this other than simply putting on a shock dampener.
I recently switched from the Babolat pure storm Gt ltd to the dunlop biomimetic 300 tour. I overrall like how his racket changes my game but id like it to feel a little more solid. The babolat feels as if its extremely solid almost like its built solid throughout as where the dunlop feels like the frame is hollow inside.
So basically what could give me a more solid feeling? something like adding weight, different tension, changing the grip? Thanks in advance

Anton
03-17-2012, 10:09 PM
add lead at 3 and 9 and drop string tension or try different strings.

Signum Pro Hyperion 17 is very smooth feeling string, string 300t @ ~54 lbs.

Chyeaah
03-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Silicone in the handle?

I find that usually higher quality brands make more solid racquets, weight helps as well.

All the Yonex racquets I've tried have been solid, the Babolat ranges as well. Wilson, not so much, they felt forgiving on offcenter hits but not solid.

Anton
03-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Silicone in the handle?

I find that usually higher quality brands make more solid racquets. Yonex, Babolat.

My 300s are silky smooth at ~12oz ;)

foolman121
03-18-2012, 07:57 AM
So heavy rackets give less vibration?? Thanks for the suggestions. I read up on silicone but some people said that it doesnt do much for feeling? they said it was more for adding weight. Well i will try lower tensions.
@Anton what tension do you use on yours?

Power Player
03-18-2012, 08:10 AM
The wilson 6.1 is incredibly solid. It has a handle filled with silicone and a lot of weight as well. Do the same to the 300t..just add weight slowly over time.

netguy
03-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Lead tape under the rubber band worked for me.

ZeroSkid
03-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Add slicone in the handle, lead tape at 3 and 9 and counter balance it, and you may want to try a different string and maybe even drop the tension.

foolman121
03-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Hmm yea i was actually thinking of adding silicone but i heard it can get a little messy if i dont do it right or hard to remove if i dont like it. Was gonna do that after if nothing else works. Also idk how far up the handle to put the silicone in order for it to make a difference?

Anton
03-18-2012, 03:13 PM
So heavy rackets give less vibration?? Thanks for the suggestions. I read up on silicone but some people said that it doesnt do much for feeling? they said it was more for adding weight. Well i will try lower tensions.
@Anton what tension do you use on yours?

I use regular 300, not Tour, so I use 16g at 56lbs since it is more open.

ZeroSkid
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Hmm yea i was actually thinking of adding silicone but i heard it can get a little messy if i dont do it right or hard to remove if i dont like it. Was gonna do that after if nothing else works. Also idk how far up the handle to put the silicone in order for it to make a difference?

It does a little, but I highly suggest adding weight, less vibration, more plow through, and more solid feel.

keithfival
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM

I put some silicone in Saran wrap and stuffed it in a tinny APDC, less than an inch and it definitely makes it feel a bit more solid. I put about 13 grams worth in another frame, maybe 2-3 inches, and that thing feels unbelievably solid. Only thing is it became hard to serve with the changed balance for some reason. But man, it is a hammer.