PDA

View Full Version : Most competitive phase for top 4?

kragster
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Nole - Rafa contested the AO final. Fed has been on an incredible streak since last year. Murray just beat Nole at Dubai.

I think in 2012 we may have the most closely contested ranking race in years.

Although its nice to see your favorites win, it will be nice to have a ranking race that isn't decided 4 months into the year!

Nathaniel_Near
03-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Nole - Rafa contested the AO final. Fed has been on an incredible streak since last year. Murray just beat Nole at Dubai.

I think in 2012 we may have the most closely contested ranking race in years.

Although its nice to see your favorites win, it will be nice to have a ranking race that isn't decided 4 months into the year!

I do believe it will be the tightest year-end top 4 that we'll've seen for a long time, maybe since what, 2003???

I still reckon Murray will come up trumps and that Del Potro is continuing to rise. Fed is killing life and Nole and Nadal won't just disappear. Interesting times ahead.

SStrikerR
03-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't understand why people keep putting Delpo in the top 5 discussion when he routinely gets destroyed by guys up there. Top 8, fine. Top 5, no. He's not the same guy he was before his injury, he has to prove that he can beat the top guys again, and not just 1 lucky win here or there.