PDA

View Full Version : The more I get to know Vika

DavaiMarat
03-18-2012, 03:57 PM
...the less I like her...

What the hell was that voodoo dance at the end of the match. I didnt even bother listening to the post match interview, the last time she made her trophy speech it was a freaking disaster. Sadly, I was one the people pulling for her to make the top5. Turns out shes just another punk in a long line of punks in the womens game. Let's see....Henin, Serena, Venus (well earlier in her career), Hingis, just to name a few. Sure Wozniacki presented herself well but who would consider her a true number one.

What's wrong with these girls? If Nadal did a dance after beating someone in a final Uncle Tony would flog him in the locker room. Maybe it's just a transcendence of women rec league mentality. Catty and immature.

Let's hope a steffi Graf/everet type transcends the game soon. Until then I'm sticking with men's tennis.

Cup8489
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah. not a fan at all, she's way too cocky here.

JustBob
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM
The dance was fine. Nobody whines when Petko does it.

The only thing atrocious about Azarenka today was her outfit.

zapvor
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
the dance is fine

rodrigoamaral
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
she is the djokovic of the wta tour

TheTruth
03-18-2012, 04:34 PM
She hasn't been in the limelight that long. I'm going to wait and see how she handles it over time.

Clarky21
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM

I said the same thing. Lol.

Bobby Jr
03-18-2012, 05:18 PM
WTA needs to consider banning wearing pants like she did today. Female shot-put/discuss/weight-lifting level of fashion in a sport like tennis is bad for business.

(before you say no way - consider beach volleyball, netball etc where outfits are regulated)

ohplease
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
She wastes a ton of energy after every point, regardless of who actually won it. If she loses the point she walks around completely astounded, almost offended. If she wins it, cue the fist pumping.

Great player. Lousy sports(wo)man

Bjorn99
03-18-2012, 05:32 PM
A face similar to Chris Everts, creepy actually, and a face that could scare the flies off a warm piece of sh_ _.

sportsfan1
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM

No Djoking, when you hear her accent, that's the first person that comes to mind.

CCNM
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
To all you Petkovic/Azarenka fans-who has the better victory dance??

kragster
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM

You have got to be kidding me. For all his supposed cockiness, Djokovic is one of the most humble guys on tour, and yes he likes his celebrations but he is extremely respectful and humble in his losses. I much rather watch a slightly over the top winner like Djoker than a sore loser like Fed or Rafa.

Nathaniel_Near
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeh, I find it hard to understand how anybody can really be an Azarenka fan as her game not exactly exciting and her personality is very off-putting. I remember tuning in to see her at Wimbledon as I wanted to give her game another chance and stuff and within 2 points she outright cheated but the umpire missed it. Kvitova, all the way!

MichaelNadal
03-18-2012, 06:14 PM

Cockyrenka?

DarthFed
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Im just liking her atm because she won a slam and didnt fall off the map afterwords. A dominant (atm) slam winning number 1 is something i feel like i havent seen in ages. I'd rather her than serena.

RNEast
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
WTA needs to consider banning wearing pants like she did today. Female shot-put/discuss/weight-lifting level of fashion in a sport like tennis is bad for business.

(before you say no way - consider beach volleyball, netball etc where outfits are regulated)

I agree. I hated her sloppy outfit. It looked like she was practicing on a public court, rather than being in the final of a top tournament. And I thought the smart-alecky dance was a disgrace and disrespectful. Not a fan anymore.

cc0509
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I think the dance is fine but I can't stand Azarenka and root for almost anybody else she plays against.

cc0509
03-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Im just liking her atm because she won a slam and didnt fall off the map afterwords. A dominant (atm) slam winning number 1 is something i feel like i havent seen in ages. I'd rather her than serena.

It is a draw on that one. I dislike both Serena and Azarenka.

redbirdone
03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
First of all, this is an athletic event featuring elite athletes, not an episode of E!'s Fashion Police that my wife likes to watch.

Second, she let her play do the talking as she did the one thing that mattered - won. Sure, Sharapova looked better, but she got trounced in the final.

Third, I liked the dance!

Go Vika!

OddJack
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
The dance is fine, but not original. It was Petkovic's.

There are some trend setters in WTA. The biggest trend setter is Sharapova.

Between points she walks to the back and looks at her strings. Suddenly many others do the same.

She taps her left thigh twice, right before receiving serve, suddenly Aza is doing it, also is Ana.

Ana makes a cute fist pump, suddenly it's very popular too.

Rodge wiggles a finger after winning a match, suddenly Aza is doing the same.

Over all Sharapova is the most original. She is not the one for gameswomaship, cowardice little tricks like Jankovic would do.

Many others are monkeys.

Winner_DownTheLine
03-18-2012, 07:21 PM

Between points she walks to the back and looks at her strings. Suddenly many others do the same.

She taps her left thigh twice, right before receiving serve, suddenly Aza is doing it, also is Ana.

Over all Sharapova is the most original. She is not the one for gameswomaship, cowardice little tricks like Jankovic would do.

Many others are monkeys.

I hate Sharapova's original tricks, especially the one "walking back and looking at her strings between points", that is the dumbest thing she does among other things.

austintennis2005
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
the more i see her the more i like her--awesome girl and awesome game...do anyone have a link to her victory dance?

Tennis_Hands
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
The dance was absolutely fine.

The outfit was atrocious.

I dislike her less than 3/4 of the WTA and way less than Shriekapova.

FearOfTheDark
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd have to agree with a few TTers about the fact that she is like Djokovic but on the WTA.

Cockyness on the court ****es me off. Off court he's ok though !

DeShaun
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM

100% agree!!!!

In D Zone
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM
WAY TO GO VIKA!

Her so called VO-DOO dance worked! She bagged AO and has managed to keep coasting bagging 3 more titles - who's laughing now??

Call her cocky - why not! If she feels that she needs the swagger to keep her focus more power to her and its working.

I have read Vika is a hot head and the so called vo-doo dance has really helped her to keep calm and focus instead of loose cannon. CONTROLLED AGGRESSION - she got results while the WOZI is still working on winning her slam.

Leelord337
03-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Many others are monkeys.

Andy's nervous habit of pulling up the shirt on his right shoulder before serves.

Andy's wearing of 2 ASO ankle braces when playing as well as the trucker hat (many players since have copied this)

Federer's habit of wiping his forehead with the right hand wristband between just about every point, either sweaty or not

Countless claycourters hitting their rackets w/their shoes between points on Hardcourts :)

Mick
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
haha. if her behavior bothers you guys, imagine how sharapova, kvitova, radwanska feel. I wonder who will be the first woman to beat Azarenka this year?

DMan
03-18-2012, 11:08 PM

What the hell was that voodoo dance at the end of the match. I didnt even bother listening to the post match interview, the last time she made her trophy speech it was a freaking disaster. Sadly, I was one the people pulling for her to make the top5. Turns out shes just another punk in a long line of punks in the womens game. Let's see....Henin, Serena, Venus (well earlier in her career), Hingis, just to name a few. Sure Wozniacki presented herself well but who would consider her a true number one.

What's wrong with these girls? If Nadal did a dance after beating someone in a final Uncle Tony would flog him in the locker room. Maybe it's just a transcendence of women rec league mentality. Catty and immature.

Let's hope a steffi Graf/everet type transcends the game soon. Until then I'm sticking with men's tennis.

Azarenka is obnoxious. But then Nadal does his obnoxious fist pumps and gesticulations after nearly every point he wins. Both he and Azarenka are at the bottom of the class when it comes to class!

DarthFed
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
the more i see her the more i like her--awesome girl and awesome game...do anyone have a link to her victory dance?

100% agree!!!!

Yeah i didnt really pay attention to her before...hell i ignore the wta in general but...then this year i saw her win the AO..THEN back it up. Li na messed up after winning...Kivitova (ew) messed up, Stosur as well, Kim is MIA...so to see her win and keep winning is something the WTA is lacking. And she's kinda cute.

Terre Battu
03-18-2012, 11:47 PM
I like Vika because she kicks Screamapova's @ss all the time.
Who cares about her outfit. She's out there to keep her legs warm and win. It's not a fashion show.
She's actually fun to watch unlike most of the women's field.

adventure
03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
OP: really? You KNOW Azarenka?

We all know white girls can't dance but this was cute and awkward and bubbly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpiVC8NpyI

tennis_ocd
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM

It was great! I think she's been wonderful for the WTA.

lbjames23
03-19-2012, 08:53 AM
....... the stranger it feels , yeah ~

DavaiMarat
03-19-2012, 09:15 AM

I actually have been following her for a while and now that she's in the lime light I'm kinda not liking what I'm seeing.

I knew her when she was solely playing doubles and I know her family history and her sponsorship by a certain NHL russian goalie. THe mental lapses, the fainting, the falling off a treadmill and the crying. So yeah I know Azarenka.

I was just hoping she'd be a classy, intelligent girl. Now that the microphone is shoved in her face I'm like...hmmmm not so much.

Matsui
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
like her for tennis!

CDestroyer
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I'd have to agree with a few TTers about the fact that she is like Djokovic but on the WTA.

Cockyness on the court ****es me off. Off court he's ok though !

Winners project confidence for a strategic reason and its not to be a dick.

syc23
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I like her little shorts. She just needs to bend over more.. :D

Big_Dangerous
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I like her little shorts. She just needs to bend over more.. :D

She needs to not wear like warmup/compression pants underneath them.

:)

volleygirl
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
haha. if her behavior bothers you guys, imagine how sharapova, kvitova, radwanska feel. I wonder who will be the first woman to beat Azarenka this year?

I have never understood why any athlete must dance after a win. If its not rubbing it in the face of the person you just played I dont know what is.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
I just hope she loses her voice. That shrieking drives me crazy. If I was her opponent, I'd be going yahhhhhhhhhhhhh ever single time I hit the ball and twice as loud on volleys. This shrieking needs to end.

The fist pumping after every point is disgusting. YOU WON A SINGLE POINT. At the end of a set, or match sure. Not after every single point though.

FearOfTheDark
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Winners project confidence for a strategic reason and its not to be a dick.

And just below we have the reply I didn't need to write :) Just be a good sportsman and say "thanks for the great match". No need to pump your chest like a monkey.

I have never understood why any athlete must dance after a win. If its not rubbing it in the face of the person you just played I dont know what is.

wimble10
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM

I'm still a fan. She had a pretty close match in her 1st match at IW (7-5 in the 3rd ?). I think Sharapova probably likes that someone else makes more noise than she does :)

adventure
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Hater gonna hate.

Teach me how to dougie, yeah, teach me how to dougie, lol...

I actually have been following her for a while and now that she's in the lime light I'm kinda not liking what I'm seeing.

I knew her when she was solely playing doubles and I know her family history and her sponsorship by a certain NHL russian goalie. THe mental lapses, the fainting, the falling off a treadmill and the crying. So yeah I know Azarenka.

I was just hoping she'd be a classy, intelligent girl. Now that the microphone is shoved in her face I'm like...hmmmm not so much.

forthegame
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
She doesn't give a damn that's for sure,

The shrieking, however, there's no way that's natural. Grunting with effort I understand but the banshee...

gramdacious
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Agreed. True class comes from someone who acts like they have done it before. I forgot who the quote comes from but it is along the lines of "if you lose act like you like it and if you win act like you've been there before"

DeShaun
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM

I see little difference between doing it after the win or during the match. Having just rewatched Serena/Pova 05 OZ, it's clear to me that Pova (like Rafa) likes to press her advantage home with over the top grunting and screaming DURING the match WHILE the points are underway. This constitutes a form of hindrance IMO. If someone is hindering me but I proceed to beat him, I may just do a freaky little dance in his face at the handshake; and if he doesn't like it, he can !@#$ off.

scotus
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
She needs to not wear like warmup/compression pants underneath them.

:)

It is incredibly cold in Indian Wells at night, and sometimes even in daytime when it gets super windy.

Some athletes are more susceptible than others to groin pulls and it is wise to protect one's body.

dafinch
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM

You mean, as opposed to Nadal's lawn mower starting gestures, and the occasional pelvic thrust? Way better. :confused:I don't like Vika's shrieking, but she's waaaay more palatable than the Preying Mantis in a Skirt, Chokeapova.

TheTruth
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I hate Sharapova's original tricks, especially the one "walking back and looking at her strings between points", that is the dumbest thing she does among other things.

Hantuchova was doing that before Sharapova. It was one of the first things I noticed about her when she first came on the scene. In this instance, Maria copied Daniela, but there is a lot of "monkey see, monkey do" on the tours.

Apun94
03-26-2012, 03:46 PM
You have got to be kidding me. For all his supposed cockiness, Djokovic is one of the most humble guys on tour, and yes he likes his celebrations but he is extremely respectful and humble in his losses. I much rather watch a slightly over the top winner like Djoker than a sore loser like Fed or Rafa.

Definitely agree with you there...

Kobble
03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Nothing is worse than the Williams family. Folks, they aren't winning, this is good news.

TERRASTAR18
03-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Nothing is worse than the Williams family. Folks, they aren't winning, this is good news.

as of today they are.......

Praetorian
03-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Anybody notice she kinda looks like Peyton Manning in drag?? LOL