PDA

View Full Version : MG PP problem

Slow motion
03-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi!

I don't really like starting new threads, but I desperate! Doesn't affect performance, of the racket, but it moving when hitting... my zen-level isn't high enough.

I have one MG PP that has something loose in the frame. I've opened the buttcap and taken the grommets away, but haven't gotten anything out.

I'm no expert on rackets in details, so I ask you, is there an opening in the throat of the racket so if there's something inside the frame, it can come down? Sounds silly, but since I haven't seen anything yet...

Any ideas getting it out? Of will I try to trap it with cotton or something so the noise doesn't bother me. :)

Thanks!

scotus
03-19-2012, 02:39 AM
There must be a loose piece of graphite inside the racquet making a little rattle.

Usually it comes out if you keep shaking and tapping it with the butt cap opened.

See if there's any silicone/cotton inside the handle that is preventing the loose piece from coming out.

If there's no obstruction, I suppose you could try taping all the grommet holes shut and then take the hose of your vacuum cleaner to the buttcap and try to suck it out.

Slow motion
03-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the advice and for the laughs. :)

Don't know what alien is inside there but seemed too big to come out, even though there's no silicone or anything, that I can see.

Either I have to master myself better with the rathling, drill a hole or something or better yet...
...let the credit card loose!

Have to wonder before that, do I want to commit or am I looking for a new racket all together. Always fun to do!

Thanks anyways. :)