PDA

View Full Version : prince EX03 tour 100 compared to Ozone tour

goeblack
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
In my opinion Prince Jumped the gun when they discontinued the Ozone. The Ozone is very similar to the now popular EXO3 Tour but the Ozone is stiffer. The Ozone is not considered stiff but the EXO3 Tour is certainly considered flexible.

I find the Ozone to be easy on the arm but without such a flexi feeling. Perhaps I am overlooking something in which case, I am all ears.

goe

retlod
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Loved the Ozone, couldn't stand the EXO for exactly that reason. I stocked up before TW ran out.

tata
03-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah i kind of regret not getting one when it was going for $79. I already had an EXO by then but i wanted a back up frame that played similar at a good price. They only had 5/8 sizes back then but that's what i needed. Oh if only....

klementine79
03-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Slices and 2hbh's are more enjoyable with the exo3T, just because of the lower power available.

Everything else (except for feel) goes to the ozones.

I don't think Prince 'jumped the gun', their exo3Tour offerings are easily customizable and more comfy, better feel as well. And while the specs vary dramatically from the previous iteration, it's still the same line of racquets. Same mold, thin beam, 100sq.in. and available in both patterns.

Some other companies do a much better job at alienating their base than Prince. Here's hoping the next Tour100's are a bit stiffer.
EDIT: The next stiffness offerings, if it was up to me, should be 60 for the 16x18 and 58 for the 18x20, strung.