PDA

View Full Version : Wilson JUICE Best Tweener Ever Made

The Baseline
03-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Just demoed the Wilson Juice tonight. WOW! What an unbelievable racket. Everything felt solid and powerful, almost too good to be true with this frame. I have babolat and dunlop tweeners, and let me tell you, this thing is simply amazing. The power that this racquet produces is better than the dunlop 4d 500 tour and the control is better than the Pure Drives. The feel is like a players racquet. This is the best tweener ever made, ive tried them all Head Extremes, Dunlop 500 tours, Pure Drives,Aero Drives, this is the best of the best.

ArliHawk
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay, as someone curious about this, I may have to try this. Thinking about demoing it and the pure drive. So, how'd you get past the paint job?

Ashanti
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
yea i feel like if i were to get it id half to paint it another color myself anything would be better

UCSF2012
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
And shipping is free on Juice demo's at TW. So apparently TW and/or Wilson are confident you'd love the Juice so much that you'd buy one. I'm tempted to try it just for fun.

If it's truly a great stick, who really cares what it looks like?

ArliHawk
03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
And shipping is free on Juice demo's at TW. So apparently TW and/or Wilson are confident you'd love the Juice so much that you'd buy one. I'm tempted to try it just for fun.

If it's truly a great stick, who really cares what it looks like?

Flashy colors have never scared me. My favorite shorts are high energy Adidas Bermuda shorts.

duffguy808
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Which version?

bertrevert
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Youch - the 100 Juice has a stiffness of 72, and the 108 Juice has a stiffness of 70.

My elbow says these are both too high to even contemplate.

Yourtenniscoach
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Best tweener ever made: Pure Drive Team.

keithfival
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Funny, I just hit with one tonight and didn't find anything I particularly liked about it. I also hit with a 2012 PD which I liked better in every way except that I would be scared about the stiffness. The PD felt rock solid and amazingly consistent, I was hitting all out right away with great control, every ball felt like it was dead in the sweetspot. The juice on the other hand, every ball felt different, one would fly to the fence, the next would stay low, I had no idea where the ball would go or where the sweetspot was. There really wasn't anything I liked about it. It could have been crappy syn gut strings but not nearly interested enough to bother finding out.

Different strokes...

downs_chris
03-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Youch - the 100 Juice has a stiffness of 72, and the 108 Juice has a stiffness of 70.

My elbow says these are both too high to even contemplate.

the juice 100 actually plays a lot softer than the stiffness says...

Blitzball
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you talking about the Pro or 100?

anhuynh16
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I can also vouch for the Juice Pro I can serve bombs with it. This is a MUST demo, so i would take advantage of the free juice demos at TW.

Nostradamus
03-19-2012, 07:10 PM
it is too slow at net,i have heard

tlm
03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
I tried this racket and it was okay but nothing that special

retlod
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM
The Juice Pro has me thinking about putting my APDGTs up for sale. Hits heavy balls without feeling heavy in the hand. Has a dense pattern that still generates wicked spin. Power when I need it, touch when I want it. It's an amazing frame.

tlm
03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
This thread was discussing the juice, not the juice pro which is no tweener.

ArliHawk
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
This thread was discussing the juice, not the juice pro which is no tweener.

Do we know whether he's talking about the Pro or the 100?

retlod
03-19-2012, 08:39 PM

OP never clearly stated which variation he was talking about. And I'm curious as to why the Pro isn't considered a tweener. Head size? String pattern?

BC1
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
... I had no idea where the ball would go or where the sweetspot was. There really wasn't anything I liked about it. It could have been crappy syn gut strings but not nearly interested enough to bother finding out.

Different strokes...

I'm willing to bet the strings had a lot to do with it. I first demoed one (the regular blx 100, not the pro) with wilson sensation strung low, and i didn't like anything about it. No feel, no control, balls flying. Three weeks later i try the same racquet freshly strung with a poly in it, and it was like a totally different racquet. Better in every way, consistent and controlled power. It never felt harsh or stiff and was very stable and predictable. Power seems a little better then the pd. The pd 2012 feels softer and more refined, and may have more feel, but that is subjective. They are both very good sticks, and i was shocked at how much i liked the Juice. As far as the pj goes, it grows on you, and after you hit with it a while and make some great shots it doesn't seem to matter. Like with many racquets, strings can make all the difference.

Jack Romeo
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
has anyone compared this racket to the head youtek ig extreme or any of the other editions of the extreme?

tlm
03-20-2012, 04:13 AM

The pro is listed as 11.9 ounces which means that it will weigh over 12 ounces, i have never heard of a tweener that weighed 12 ounces or more.

iyudhi
03-20-2012, 06:10 AM
I tried the Juice this past weekend at Indian Wells and it was pretty solid. Still like Steam much better though.

Sorry noob question, but what does tweener means in this context?

keithfival
03-20-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm willing to bet the strings had a lot to do with it. I first demoed one (the regular blx 100, not the pro) with wilson sensation strung low, and i didn't like anything about it. No feel, no control, balls flying. Three weeks later i try the same racquet freshly strung with a poly in it, and it was like a totally different racquet. Better in every way, consistent and controlled power.

Probably so based on what other people are saying. Makes one wonder why they would string demos this way. I don't know how anyone could hit the one I hit with and think "well this sucks in every way but with some better strings it would be great!".

BC1
03-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Probably so based on what other people are saying. Makes one wonder why they would string demos this way. I don't know how anyone could hit the one I hit with and think "well this sucks in every way but with some better strings it would be great!".

Agreed. I have found almost any racquet can be good if used with the right string set-up. It is amazing how important strings can be.

However, Power Player brought up a good point that you need to beware of any racquet that needs poly to play well. That may or may not be the case with the Juice, I'm not sure.

athiker
03-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Tried it as well recently and I feel it did play softer and more comfortable than specs would indicate. It felt pretty solid to me but I didn't find any immediate "wow" factor. Racquet was strung with full poly so was pretty spinny but I wasn't getting a lot of depth or feeling plow through or control.

This was only a brief hit with a friend's racquet after playing a few hours with my racquet so YMMV. Several guys around here have recently switched to either the Juice or Steam and are really loving it. Haven't heard this much local talk about racquets since AeroPro a number of years back.

roundiesee
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm willing to bet the strings had a lot to do with it. I first demoed one (the regular blx 100, not the pro) with wilson sensation strung low, and i didn't like anything about it. No feel, no control, balls flying. Three weeks later i try the same racquet freshly strung with a poly in it, and it was like a totally different racquet. Better in every way, consistent and controlled power. It never felt harsh or stiff and was very stable and predictable. Power seems a little better then the pd. The pd 2012 feels softer and more refined, and may have more feel, but that is subjective. They are both very good sticks, and i was shocked at how much i liked the Juice. As far as the pj goes, it grows on you, and after you hit with it a while and make some great shots it doesn't seem to matter. Like with many racquets, strings can make all the difference.

Have to say that I concur. My Juice 100 strung with a hybrid at 47lbs did not have any feel or control, but my friend's strung with full poly at 59lbs felt great, with fantastic power and control. I could not believe that string set up and tension could affect a racket that much!

BC1
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Have to say that I concur. My Juice 100 strung with a hybrid at 47lbs did not have any feel or control, but my friend's strung with full poly at 59lbs felt great, with fantastic power and control. I could not believe that string set up and tension could affect a racket that much!

How is your friends arm/elbow doing? During my three hour session with it and a very stiff poly strung at 60 it never felt harsh or necessarily stiff, and no vibrations. During play it was comfortable, however afterwards I felt a little tenderness with the elbow, so I was a little concerned. If I get the Juice I will definitely try a softer poly around 56 lbs.

Blitzball
03-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Juice Pro is definitely a tweener. It's not a "player's" racquet because it's not difficult to swing (it's actually incredibly easy to swing), and is not estimated to weigh 12+oz since the strung weight is 11.9oz

It really sucks with natural gut in the mains, just too lively. A full bed of tour bite and bam!

BC1
03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Juice Pro is definitely a tweener. It's not a "player's" racquet because it's not difficult to swing (it's actually incredibly easy to swing), and is not estimated to weigh 12+oz since the strung weight is 11.9oz

It really sucks with natural gut in the mains, just too lively. A full bed of tour bite and bam!

It may not be your typical players racquet, but anything over 11.5 wouldn't be considered a tweener either. In addition, its 96sq in head knocks it out of the tweener category. For what it's worth, TW refers to it as a players racquet and they suggest it for advance level 4.5+ and up. I also demoed and weighed the Juice pro, and with dampner and overgrip it was 12.01oz. However, with all of that said, I agree that it is relatively easy to swing, easy to play with and very forgiving.

The Baseline
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I tried the non tour version the 100 square inch frame. Its a BEAST. The control really blows any other 100 square inch tweener out of the water. Like i said, im a big hitter and the JUICE control is amazing because of how solid the frame feels. It has less vibration than all of the other tweeners in the 100 square inch category, which can make serving with this thing almost like cheating. Its just amazing, another poster said it, theres a lot of buzz about this frame, and it is well garnered.

roundiesee
03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
How is your friends arm/elbow doing? During my three hour session with it and a very stiff poly strung at 60 it never felt harsh or necessarily stiff, and no vibrations. During play it was comfortable, however afterwards I felt a little tenderness with the elbow, so I was a little concerned. If I get the Juice I will definitely try a softer poly around 56 lbs.

He seems fine. I did feel a slight pain in the arm after the match, but I was also trying some other rackets that evening (including a very stiff and heavy St Vincents strung with full poly! :) ) I think the racket is not harsh, especially when compared to others like the APDC and APDGT. But you are probably right in saying that the sensible tension should be around 56lbs and probably with a 17G string.

MomentumGT
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Haven't tried the juice 100 but I did experience the "wow" factor in the Juice Pro. It was hybrid'd with zo tour and nxt at 56lbs and it felt great. Sweet spot felt pretty large, had a ton of control, and had that extra pop on all strokes. What I really liked about it was that I was still able to get the ball deep on the defensive shots with relative ease and get myself out of trouble, especially on the run. If it was cheaper I'd switch in a heart beat from my leaded ag200's lol. Off the bat I did feel it was a little sluggish around the net but after spending a little longer warming up and practicing volleys I felt it was perfectly fine and capable. :)

-Jon

itsEr
03-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Tried the pro this week; not bad, I enjoyed the extra length, and while very solid, seemed way too stiff for me. Had trouble at the net, but then again, what extended length racquet doesn't give that? Nice all around, just didn't feel like it was the one for me. It didn't feel too heavy, though, which I liked. Pretty good placement on serves-groundstrokes, not so much. Was worth a demo!

tlm
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM

Any racket that is listed at 11.9 ounces is going to weigh at least 12.1 ounces. Just the weight variance in different strings can put it over 12 ounces. Rarely if ever do rackets weigh less than the weight listed. Especially wilson rackets, then if you add an over wrap and dampener you now have a racket that weighs at least 12.4 ounces.

I know because i have an accurate scale and have weighed many rackets they almost always weigh more than the listed weight. So even though this racket does have quite a bit of power it is hard to call a racket that weighs over 12 ounces a tweener.

BigM
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM

I went on this Journey as you know and I just couldn't fault the PD 2012. It does everything well with that extra polish the Juice was lacking. Rpm in the Juice was Fun though. I think that the Juice does have just a Tad more power than the PD.

Stroke
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
The Kennex Ki15PSE(which is about a 102, not a 105 as listed) is more definately worth a comparative look in the this type of racquet.

BC1
04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Bump...
Just picked up a juice at a good price. Figured it was worth it for an extended demo period. Any others have any good news to share about this racquet?
i also need to string it, any recommendations? Thanks!

Deuces Wild
04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Any racket that is listed at 11.9 ounces is going to weigh at least 12.1 ounces. Just the weight variance in different strings can put it over 12 ounces. Rarely if ever do rackets weigh less than the weight listed. Especially wilson rackets, then if you add an over wrap and dampener you now have a racket that weighs at least 12.4 ounces.

I know because i have an accurate scale and have weighed many rackets they almost always weigh more than the listed weight. So even though this racket does have quite a bit of power it is hard to call a racket that weighs over 12 ounces a tweener.

Haven't a lot of the Pro Staffs been coming in significantly underweight? Wilson seems to be the worst offender in this case.

tlm
04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Haven't a lot of the Pro Staffs been coming in significantly underweight? Wilson seems to be the worst offender in this case.

How do you know this? Have you weighed some of the new wilsons? I have purchased and demoed a lot of rackets and yes rarely if ever do they come in lighter than their listed weights.

Shangri La
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
The racquet actually played not bad the first 20 minutes or so I hit with it. It was pretty stable and had some crisp feel. And then came this 1hbh shot which I hit late and outside sweetspot. My elbow immediately felt it. The racquet was strung with a multi and I dont have a sensitive elbow. I put it down and never picked it up again.

BC1
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
How do you know this? Have you weighed some of the new wilsons? I have purchased and demoed a lot of rackets and yes rarely if ever do they come in lighter than their listed weights.

For what its worth, i weighed the wilson juice tonight and it is 10.7 oz. Unstrung. Seven point head light. First wilson EVER made to exact spec like it is supossed to be.

roundiesee
04-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Bump...
Just picked up a juice at a good price. Figured it was worth it for an extended demo period. Any others have any good news to share about this racquet?
i also need to string it, any recommendations? Thanks!

BC, I started a thread asking for string recommendations, mainly with the Juice in mind. A lot of useful advice here->
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417848&highlight=tweeners

BC1
04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
BC, I started a thread asking for string recommendations, mainly with the Juice in mind. A lot of useful advice here->
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=417848&highlight=tweeners

Thanks roundiesse, did you end up restringing your juice? If so, with what? And if you're still playing with it, how are you liking it?

tlm
04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
For what its worth, i weighed the wilson juice tonight and it is 10.7 oz. Unstrung. Seven point head light. First wilson EVER made to exact spec like it is supossed to be.

Well thats good but it was not lighter than the weight listed. Plus depending on the string you use and then if you add a dampener it will end up over the listed strung weight.

BC1
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Well thats good but it was not lighter than the weight listed. Plus depending on the string you use and then if you add a dampener it will end up over the listed strung weight.

Oh i know, but i was just surprised it wasn't higher.

Ross K
04-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I tried the non tour version the 100 square inch frame. Its a BEAST. The control really blows any other 100 square inch tweener out of the water. Like i said, im a big hitter and the JUICE control is amazing because of how solid the frame feels. It has less vibration than all of the other tweeners in the 100 square inch category, which can make serving with this thing almost like cheating. Its just amazing, another poster said it, theres a lot of buzz about this frame, and it is well garnered.

I note that the OP aside (with reports such as ^^^), this thread isn't actually crammed with people's posts agreeing with such enthusiastic sentiments. Any one else share Baseline's blown away thoughts on the Juice 100?

BigM
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I note that the OP aside (with reports such as ^^^), this thread isn't actually crammed with people's posts agreeing with such enthusiastic sentiments. Any one else share Baseline's blown away thoughts on the Juice 100?

Its not bad. Its no blackdrive. It doesn't have the same refined feel. Its very crisp and has nice pop.

BigM

roundiesee
04-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Thanks roundiesse, did you end up restringing your juice? If so, with what? And if you're still playing with it, how are you liking it?

I'm coming from using the KPS88 as my main stick. The Juice does give me an edge on quick reaction volleys in doubles, and it's definitely easier on overheads. But compared to a traditional racket like the KPS, it is a bit lacking in feel.
The strings I had at 47 lbs settled in after a period of play, so I am controlling the ball much better now. I will probably restring in about 2 weeks with full multi at 56lbs just to see the difference.
I think the Juice is a decent stick and I shall continue to use it as my main racket in doubles. I did not feel that it was that harsh even though the stiffness index was quite high. Will update again once I restring.

royroy85
04-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Guys, I think the head extreme IG pro is the most underrated tweener racket ou there. It has just enough power to be classified as a tweener. Top spin with full poly or hybrid is wow..

Really think this will give the juice a run for its money...

tlm
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh i know, but i was just surprised it wasn't higher.

Thats true but sometimes you do get lucky and actually get the right specs.

roundiesee
04-04-2012, 07:16 PM

Mine came in at 330g (11.6oz) strung with a dampener and a leather grip placed over the original Wilson grip (I know, we aren't supposed to do that, but I wanted to add weight to the handle to make it more headlight, and I didn't mind that the grip bacame rounder as a result). Seemed fine when I played with it this way :)

BC1
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
I played with the new juice tonight, strung with hybrid of rpm/attack. I also added a little lead at 12 oclock. Total weight with overgrip was 11.6 ounces. I played good with it. I'm not going to say it's the "best" ever, but as far as power racquets go, it should be on your list. Hits a solid ball, feel can be a little harsh if mishit. Very few flyers. Good power and decent control. Very good serving racquet. More headlight then others in its class. Feel is different as well, not better, but not necessarily worse. Im going to keep on trying it, but so far, so good. I'm liking it. I wish it was just a tad less stiff, but its stiffness is what makes it excel in some areas, so I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Overall it is a respectable racquet. Some will love it, and some will hate it. As far as the pj goes, i personally like it. It definitely grows on you.

pattenww
04-06-2012, 04:05 AM
steam way nicer than juice..players tweener..

ramos77
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
its a pity its been designed for pubescent hipsters though

Bmr
04-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Just ordered the demos of the Juice, Juice Pro and the Steam. Most interested in the Juice. Have been a Prince guy pretty much my entire life but really enjoyed hitting with the BLX 16x18 95. I think Wilson is probably the only other racquet i'd use (maybe Head also) if I went away from Prince. Currently using the Speedport Black, so maybe the Juice will play similar since it's in the same category.

pattenww
04-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Just ordered the demos of the Juice, Juice Pro and the Steam. Most interested in the Juice. Have been a Prince guy pretty much my entire life but really enjoyed hitting with the BLX 16x18 95. I think Wilson is probably the only other racquet i'd use (maybe Head also) if I went away from Prince. Currently using the Speedport Black, so maybe the Juice will play similar since it's in the same category.

I'm telling you, you are going to way dig the steam!! I as well used to play black..

Bmr
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm telling you, you are going to way dig the steam!! I as well used to play black..

I'll definitely give 'er a shot. I am getting them all strung with poly, so we'll see. The BLX 95 definitely helped out my volley game in dubs. Anyone here who has a lot of experience with EXO3 Black/Speedport Black and moved to this Juice or another racquet in this class?

pattenww
04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I'll definitely give 'er a shot. I am getting them all strung with poly, so we'll see. The BLX 95 definitely helped out my volley game in dubs. Anyone here who has a lot of experience with EXO3 Black/Speedport Black and moved to this Juice or another racquet in this class?

I went speedp black, micro rad and now prestige s..if that proves to much for me I am going to go with the........STEAM :twisted:

pattenww
04-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I went speedp black, micro rad and now prestige s..if that proves to much for me I am going to go with the........STEAM :twisted:

oh...and you really should try the rebel 98 if you like prince...really sweet as well

I was down to prestige s, rebel 98 or steam

BC1
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM

I played with the speedport black and the exo3 black before going to pdgt. Now i'm playing around with the pd2012, juice, and rebel 98 and Ig Instinct, trying to decide which one to stay with. I also demoed the steam, and i agree it is a very nice racquet. The feel is a lot better then the juice and it is a comfortable, solid racquet for its light weight. I could easily include that as one of my finalist, but haven't. As far as the juice goes, it is stiff like the speedport, but it does not have that prince feel (not sure if thats good or bad). The juice is different then other power tweeners and to me has a unique feel and characteristics. I dont find it as refined or muted as the pd, but that can be a good thing at times. Power is very god, and control is surprisingly good as well. The deal breaker may be the stiffness and sometimes harshness that comes with off center shots. But it is a very fun racquet to play with.

roundiesee
04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
What about the Babolat Aerostorm GT? Has anyone tried this yet?

Bmr
04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I played with the speedport black and the exo3 black before going to pdgt. Now i'm playing around with the pd2012, juice, and rebel 98 and Ig Instinct, trying to decide which one to stay with. I also demoed the steam, and i agree it is a very nice racquet. The feel is a lot better then the juice and it is a comfortable, solid racquet for its light weight. I could easily include that as one of my finalist, but haven't. As far as the juice goes, it is stiff like the speedport, but it does not have that prince feel (not sure if thats good or bad). The juice is different then other power tweeners and to me has a unique feel and characteristics. I dont find it as refined or muted as the pd, but that can be a good thing at times. Power is very god, and control is surprisingly good as well. The deal breaker may be the stiffness and sometimes harshness that comes with off center shots. But it is a very fun racquet to play with.

It's cool that you guys play with similar spec racquets, that way I can compare them easier. I tried the 95 Rebel before and I did not care for that racquet even a little bit. I really enjoyed hitting groundies with the Pure Drive, but found it to be a lot more harsh on my shoulder on serves. The Prince (so far) has had the best feel to me out of all of them...but I will be testing out the Juice and Steam this week.

BC1
04-09-2012, 02:52 PM
It's cool that you guys play with similar spec racquets, that way I can compare them easier. I tried the 95 Rebel before and I did not care for that racquet even a little bit. I really enjoyed hitting groundies with the Pure Drive, but found it to be a lot more harsh on my shoulder on serves. The Prince (so far) has had the best feel to me out of all of them...but I will be testing out the Juice and Steam this week.

If u think the pd is hard on shoulder and harsh, you will most likely feel the same about the juice. The steam is a comfortable racquet but very different then the speedport. Strings can also make a big difference in any racquet.

Bmr
04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
If u think the pd is hard on shoulder and harsh, you will most likely feel the same about the juice. The steam is a comfortable racquet but very different then the speedport. Strings can also make a big difference in any racquet.

Well, BC, the thing that really surprised me was that the Pure Drives were all strung up with multi...and it still felt harsh on serve. The Speedport or EXO3 is really easy on my arm (especially with ports), but once I switch to the holes it makes it a bit more harsh. Maybe the extra dampening of the ports is what makes it easier on the arm. I've never had any issues with arm problems on my current racquet.

Readers
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I am not sure what wilson is thinking now, but HOLY **** that thing is stiff, next gen we will see 75+ stiffness racquet?

mawashi
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I am not sure what wilson is thinking now, but HOLY **** that thing is stiff, next gen we will see 75+ stiffness racquet?

What's the string and tension you played on?

Readers
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
What's the string and tension you played on?

Wilson sensation 58#, not sure it's on a constant pull or lock, since it's not mine. I wouldn't even touch it if it's strung with poly.

mawashi
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Ouch I did hit with roundisee's juice and it felt great, soft, plush and powerful with very good spin. I wasn't expecting it to be tt soft or comfortable really.

BC1
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, BC, the thing that really surprised me was that the Pure Drives were all strung up with multi...and it still felt harsh on serve. The Speedport or EXO3 is really easy on my arm (especially with ports), but once I switch to the holes it makes it a bit more harsh. Maybe the extra dampening of the ports is what makes it easier on the arm. I've never had any issues with arm problems on my current racquet.

It sounds like the exo3 warrior may be perfect for you. Similar to the speedport black but with more comfort, flex, and control.

mawashi
04-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I can't stress how important strings n tension are as my kps88 hits great even in poly at mid tensions of about 56 but a bed of dead syn gut at 62 is just murder!

Had rather bad vibs even on my vantages at 58 lbs but at 48 lbs I could remove lead and even the dampener!

Readers
04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Ouch I did hit with roundisee's juice and it felt great, soft, plush and powerful with very good spin. I wasn't expecting it to be tt soft or comfortable really.

Are you talking about Juice Pro? The one I played was just Juice 100, not pro.

Maybe I just don't like the feel of new BLX, I had a old PO, it's a little on the stiffer side but more of a crisp one, and found the new one harsh.

mawashi
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Are you talking about Juice Pro? The one I played was just Juice 100, not pro.

Maybe I just don't like the feel of new BLX, I had a old PO, it's a little on the stiffer side but more of a crisp one, and found the new one harsh.

juice 100, haven't hit with the pro yet