PDA

View Full Version : babolat pure storm tour stringing question

markiev37
03-19-2012, 06:48 PM
hey guys, I just picked up a pure storm tour for my father in law and am confused on where to tie off the mains.....16X20 pattern. I'm doing a two piece string job....any help?..I notice hole 6 has space but that looks like where I need to start my knot for the crosses

esgee48
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
PURE STORM TOUR,55-62,20'M-19'C,16MX20C,skip 8T-8H,Tie off M@6T,1st X@8H,Tie off X 7H-11T
T is top, H is handle

From Klippermate site:

http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TBAB

Appear that it is suppose to be bottom to top. You can do it that way or start the X at top.

bugeyed
03-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Use a starting clamp & go top to bottom. Actually Bab says it's OK to string the crosses bottom to top. Your choice.

Cheers,
kev

oldcity
03-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes if you have a starting clamp you can start at the top for crosses. Because the tie for cross is 11t, it's actually a cross string , you have to string the first five crosses or so before you can tie off

mikeler
03-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes if you have a starting clamp you can start at the top for crosses. Because the tie for cross is 11t, it's actually a cross string , you have to string the first five crosses or so before you can tie off

This is the easier way to string it. Use a starting clamp and tension the top 5 crosses and then remove the starting clamp + tie off.

Irvin
03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
hey guys, I just picked up a pure storm tour for my father in law and am confused on where to tie off the mains.....16X20 pattern. I'm doing a two piece string job....any help?..I notice hole 6 has space but that looks like where I need to start my knot for the crosses

What type machine and clamps do you have?

tiebraek
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
I tie off crosses at 7T-9H instead of 11H,using a starting clamp and always go from top to bottom in the Xs.

Xpherex
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
PURE STORM TOUR,55-62,20'M-19'C,16MX20C,skip 8T-8H,Tie off M@6T,1st X@8H,Tie off X 7H-11T
T is top, H is handle

From Klippermate site:

http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TBAB

Appear that it is suppose to be bottom to top. You can do it that way or start the X at top.I'm new to stringing but according to klipper website, you should string yonex rqis 1 from bottom to top which I know is wrong. Is this website trustful?

esgee48
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Stringforum has exactly the same instructions for the Pure Storm Tour. The site specifies a one piece bottom up. As for your racquet, look it up in various sites.

Klippermate specifies top down for the RQIS 1. They use T=top and B=bottom.

markiev37
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the help everybody.....I strung the crosses from the bottom up using my old klippermate......Hit with my father in law today and tested the racquet......seems to have worked fine. I strung two piece and this racquet is smoother than my aero strom tour cortex....both great sticks.....

It's a llitle weird stringing bottom to top..........

Thanks again for all the help...:)

Irvin
03-21-2012, 03:38 AM
...t's a llitle weird stringing bottom to top....

I currently string my K six-one tour(16X19) on and old klippermate ...

I wonder if these two options would work. Put a clamp on the top two crosses with no tension and tension the third cross. Walk your other clamp on the crosses down the racket and tie off at the bottom. Go back up and tension the top cross and remove the first clamp and clamp the second and third clamp as close to the tensioner as possible inside the frame (it just moves down and not across the racket.) As the weight drops try to get it back to horizontal. Now tension the second and top cross individually as normal and tie off at 11H.

The other option is to string the second and third crosses first. Use a starting knot to tie the tail of the second cross on the third at 11H. Tension the third cross with tightens the knot and clamp. The knot will hold the second cross which holds the third. String the top cross then the fourth to the bottom.

Better to go bottom up though IMO.

markiev37
03-22-2012, 09:07 PM
bottom up has worked out fine.........I really this racquet

I wonder if these two options would work. Put a clamp on the top two crosses with no tension and tension the third cross. Walk your other clamp on the crosses down the racket and tie off at the bottom. Go back up and tension the top cross and remove the first clamp and clamp the second and third clamp as close to the tensioner as possible inside the frame (it just moves down and not across the racket.) As the weight drops try to get it back to horizontal. Now tension the second and top cross individually as normal and tie off at 11H.

The other option is to string the second and third crosses first. Use a starting knot to tie the tail of the second cross on the third at 11H. Tension the third cross with tightens the knot and clamp. The knot will hold the second cross which holds the third. String the top cross then the fourth to the bottom.

Better to go bottom up though IMO.

bugeyed
03-23-2012, 07:33 PM
bottom up has worked out fine.........I really this racquet

I really that racquet too. Have really it for over a year.

Cheers,
kev

Kam2010
03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Was stringing this racket about 10 minutes ago as I recently got it on the bay, 2 peice, strung main and then starting crosses top to bottom,
I was thinking where the f is the tie off at top then noticed previous user kind of expanded a top grommet where it was tied off before around 5 or 6T I think it was.
Tried getting the string through it wouldn't go (synthetic 1.30mm) damn thing was peeing my off so I got my awl and tried poking it as it did go through I tried to push it back and forward and up down slightly so I can possibly expand it.. In the end searched here and it's actually 11T tie off and I felt like a muppet as I didn't notice this before and could of saved time.
Oh well did went down to last main and then POP string snapped and where did it snap? the same place I was poing the damn awl to get the second cross through to tie off starting knot..
Thought I had cracked the racket initially oh well I ain't going to bother restringing it as it takes me a damn hour with the dropweight and I don't have syn gut left only poly:cry:

Lesson I have learned is if in doubt google it or TT it